>he wants to topple the government because it is corrupt
>kenshin bitches about "muh peace"

Why is he the bad guy

He's not. Sojiro was better though.

>Literally
Fuck off.

Join the Satsuma rebellion.

>Why is he the bad guy
Because his dick doesn't work and he is physically repulsive like most right wing reactionaries.

because he didn't have a legitimate form of government in mind, he just wanted to kill everyone like robespierre

He was right in that the government was shit and needed to be destroyed. But he didn't have any realistic plans besides becoming some kind of emperor of whatever.

Not to mention that shitty ideology "STRONK LIVES WEK DIES", which is nothing but a big wrong interpretation of Darwinism.

He was proto-Senator Armstrong. He recognized the ills of society but his only solutions to those ills is to blow up society and replace it all with tribal mentality

He is tragic because he is a product of his time and he could only conceive of possibilities of violence because he only led a life of violence in the shadow of one of the most violent men of the age. He is a villain because he would rather force violent change and loss of life on society rather than change himself. It is exactly this reason which makes Kenshin heroic as a reformed social worker, because he would rather work in society to improve it - even if it didn't work in the end.

He tried to bring oil into the equation. Wood is the Nihon way.

The irony is that in the end Kenshin and co. defeating all these guys ends up meaning nothing because we come right out of the Taisho era into basically fascism and retarded Japanese nationalism leading to them getting bombed, defeated, and occupied.

Kenshin probably would've been pretty satisfied with occupation/post-occupation era Japan however.

>right wing reactionaries.
Get the fuck off my Sup Forums you filthy commie

No.

Move to Venezuela pussy

>Nothing wrong

Wasn't his entire plan for overthrowing the government basically "Drive a boat to the capital and blow shit up"?

using fire based techniques when your weakness was heat..

I remembered regarding him as the most badass villain when I was a kid.

This. Also not having a big vat of water present while fighting so that he could cool off quickly.

He is a hothead.

Make me tough guy.

Jinchu arc when?

Keep mooching off capitalism like a lil bitch then nigga

>MUH YAMATO DAMASHI will protect the country from a Western Navy and firebombing
No Shishio was an idiot with a cult of personality who was good with a sword and nothing more. Hoji might be good with money and managing yakuza, but I don't think that and being a former diplomat means he can manage a country by himself with totalitarianism and Darwinian ideology.

If anything Shishio's rule would only be more corrupt and more prone to cronyism than the Meiji government.