What does Sup Forums think of whaling in the North Sea? Should the people of Norway, Iceland...

What does Sup Forums think of whaling in the North Sea? Should the people of Norway, Iceland, and the Faroe Islands be allowed to continue their traditions of whaling?

I personally believe that it is an outdated tradition that needs to die out. I'm not judging their ancestors, but today there is no reason to go whaling for sustenance as they can simply import food. Furthermore, it is not socially responsible to continue whaling when these animals are at such risk of depopulation. I know it will be hard for the older generations of whalers, but these people need to enter the modern age and realize that whaling is no longer an acceptable practice.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/3b338h/what_happened_to_russian_citizens_after_the/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Alaska
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_United_States_Census
archive.is/nCZh8
blogs.timesofisrael.com/hookers-in-the-holy-land-an-uncomfortable-history-in-israel/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_fiction#Corporate_personhood
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What needs to die out are people like you.

Mind your own business!

Excellent point. Now tell it to the Japs

I live on the Earth. People endangering an entire species of animal that lives on this planet with me IS my business.
People who care about sustainable practices? Great idea, that way they can hunt whales to extinction by 2050. And that way we can destroy all of the forests on the planet in 100 years too, and use up all of our fossil fuel reserves. Great idea, Hans.

allowed?

who are you to decide rules for sovereign nations?

do you acknowledge yourself as an authoritarian busybody who loves telling people what to do?

I live on this planet, too. You have no business getting into other people's business UNLESS you are willing to have the same scrutiny applied to you. Now sit down and shut up.

The fucking Indians in Alaska get NOAA and EWC grant money to shoot whales so yes.
White people need to continue to hunt whales since they are the oldest traditional whalers on Earth.
Alaskan "natives" shot a grey whale over 200 times this summer, poached hundreds of walrus for the ivory, and wasted a herd of musk ox for wolf bait.
In fact its time whites in Alaska hunt a few whales for subsistence meat too. Why the fuck should Siberian Asians be the only ones allowed to hunt whales in the US?
Fuck that, Solutreans were first and we can a few whales for food.
The Faroe hunt is actually more traditional than Alaska or Canada so fuck yes keep hunting.

This is what American Communism looks like.

I don't think Native Americans should be allowed to do it either.
Yes, allowed. You aren't allowed to arbitrarily invade sovereign countries, for doing so, Hitler got BTFO. You aren't allowed to allow slavery, that's why the British shut down the slave trade. And you shouldn't be allowed to whale, which is why we need to stop Norway, Japan, Denmark, Russia, and all the other countries that still allow whaling. There is an international ban on whaling and these people abuse a loophole to get around it.

Fun fact: Alaskan natives are legally defined as anyone descended from a person who lived there when we bought the place, despite the fact the only ~20% of them were actual natives. The rest were Russian-born hunters and trappers.

>You aren't allowed to allow slavery
so why is sex slavery legal in israel? and normal and sex slavery allowed in much of the middle east?

> There is an international ban
who is this "international"? can you prove they exist?

That is blatantly untrue and I would like you to provide a single source to back that up. The Russians owned Alaska as a business venture, not as an attempt at largescale colonization. The only Russians that lived there were ones who worked in the trapping business, and the families of the businessmen who ran it. Most of them left after the sale to the United States, and the few remaining Russian-Alaskans almost all left after the Communist Revolution. Not back to Russia, but to other places where they could blend in more easily. The Red Scare was in full force and many of them feared discrimination.

t. someone who actually lived in Alaska. I see idiots on Sup Forums constantly talking about "Russian-Alaskans" as if they are a thing. They're not, and they never really were. You would be hard pressed to even find anyone in Alaska with a Russian surname.

In what way is sex slavery legal in Israel? Please provide a single source to back this up that isn't an image macro. This "international" ban is from the United Nations, and is signed by nearly every nation on the planet except Japan and Norway. They're free to continue whaling if they'd like, but that means they are also free to be subjected to whatever sanctions the rest of the world would like to place on them.

Funner fact. In 1967 there were only 8000 people in AK.
Vitus Behring And Cook only estimated 1500.
russia imported 6K hunters from Yakutia and Magadon in the Great Hunt. soon as the otter were gone Russia left.
75% 3/4 of the Alaska "natives" are actually Russian Yupik and have been on this continent only 240 years.
Nuanavuut is a Russian take over of Alaska.

And you can read these if you'd like to know how wrong you are:

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/3b338h/what_happened_to_russian_citizens_after_the/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Alaska

>In 1967 there were only 8000 people in AK.

Again, no. The sources for these "facts" you're spouting come straight from your ass. The population of Alaska in the 1960 census was 226,167.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_United_States_Census

archive.is/nCZh8

from blogs.timesofisrael.com/hookers-in-the-holy-land-an-uncomfortable-history-in-israel/

> This "international" ban is from the United Nations
can you prove the UN exists? what evidence is there to support that?

((( First Native)))

So your source of "sex slavery" in Israel is the fact that prostitution exists? Prostitution and ILLEGAL sex slavery exists in every country on the planet. But there's a keyword there: ILLEGAL. You're trying to make the equivalent argument that murder is legal in the United States because murder happens. The second part of your shitpost is so retarded it doesn't deserve a response. I'm not going to waste anymore time arguing with a brainlet.

1867 population was 8000
Russia imported 6000
only 2500 were orthodox
3/4 of the Indian population wre oimported in the Great hunt 1799-1860

Stop ignoring my responses to you proving that you're full of shit. You found an Alaskan native with a Russian last name, congrats. That doesn't mean all Alaskan natives are Russian, nor does it mean that there were virtually ANY Russians left in Alaska after the sale to the United States. I have provided proof that you are full of shit, you have provided nothing but blatantly false shitposts as your argument.

I don't understand what point you're even trying to make anymore. Russia did not conduct any census of how many natives were in Alaska because they didn't give a shit. The Russians that arrived to hunt and take part in the fur trade left soon after its sale. The few families that chose to stay almost all left after the Red Scare in the 20s. The natives in Alaska are most certainly not "white." Most Russians in general aren't white anyways. The vast majority of Russia is in Asia, and with the exception of major cities, almost all of the inhabitants east of the Volga are all clearly Asians. Just like the native Alaskans.

>By the late 1990’s, sex trafficking to Israel had reached such dizzying heights that the world began to take notice. In 2001, the US State Department released its first Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report and ranked Israel as a Tier 3 Nation – the report’s lowest possible ranking. A Tier 3 country is defined by its high level of trafficking and its failure to take significant strides to combat it

so you can't prove the UN exists? can you prove any corporations exist? what is the evidence?

Look up the history. The great Hunt happened. russia imported thousands and thousands of yupik from Siberia, set up almost every coastal village and those people are not native. ANCSA was a complete scam, AFN is a scam.
No human race is native , indigenous or aboriginal to north America.
but the Yupik push it hard. Since they are not actually Native.

>Research my argument for me because I don't have one

No thanks. I'm not going to do your job for you, and I already have a fairly good grasp of Alaska's history. Again, unlike you, I lived there for quite some time. Your point seems to be that because natives came to Alaska thousands of years ago, they aren't native. If you can't see why that is fucking retarded there's no helping you. I don't care how many stupid pictures you made in MSPaint you post, or whatever bullshit statistics you regurgitate. You can look up the actual history of Alaska's demographics for yourself, it's plainly outlined in several of the links I sent you.

I wish I could hunt people like you for sport

Alaskan Natives are whiter than me. Jared Kushner would pass as an alaskan native now.

>import food
HUEHUEHUE

And none of you were First Nations.
Beringia First = Communism
Soultreans First= Truth of our Republic

in the 1920's Alaska got loaded up with even more "old believers".
Red Scare? Fuck Russians fled to Alaska. Just look at Homer, Roz, Nikelivesk or Delta Junction.
You are really really bad with history blond Russian Indian person.

But muh Siberian Blood. Russia.. It s all muh land, mine mine mine, gibs gibs gibs.
Nobody will ever notice, burgers are too dumb.

>simply import food
Woah now, easy with that mindset.

>an outdated tradition that supplies abundant >local substenance.
>nah nigger, simply import food and be a >dependent cuck

you can't do it, can you? prove a corporation exists, any corporation, even the UN

because the only evidence they exist is a piece of paper, or a database record

therefore I will maintain that they are imaginary, corporate fictions if you will

you do know what the word "fiction" means?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_fiction#Corporate_personhood

enjoy

also enjoy my plebbit spacing kek

Who gives a Fuck what you personally believe?
You should shut up and please Kys. You are whats wrong with this world you nosy fucker

Stop ignoring my responses to proving how I beat Commies in Alaska with muh big brain. I would like to know all these Russian Indian names myself.
Vitus Behring (viking) and Cpt. Cook both counted 1,500 indians in AK and almost all were Tlingat or Hadaii.
Russian ships imported the rest. Every coastal town from Barrow to Kodiak was a Russian village.
Basic math proves Im right, and history supports it.
Epchook is Russian. I could name hundreds of other Russian names besides nunavut

>Who gives a Fuck what you personally believe?
>You should shut up and please Kys. You are whats wrong with this world you nosy fucker
Nailed it.

>evidence of earliest Human arrival in Iceland dating to the 800's AD

>no but DUDE we also got to North America millennia's before that xD

None of those countries whale species that are endangered, or to such an extent that they will become endangered, depopulated or extinct.

It's more or less dying out anyway because whale meat collects high levels of lead and dioxins travelling up the food chain, which means that many Faroese, Norwegians and Icelandics avoid it as a choice of health.
Food will always be expensive for the Faroes, and whaling doesn't do much to change that in the slight anyway.
Nonetheless, these are cultural practices, and I don't see you complaining about Indians polluting their land and throwing corpses into their largest tributary, the Chinese steadily stripping both China and Africa and blanketing themselves in a ozone haze while hunting endangered animals for faux medicine, the South East Asians for massive deforestation, South Americans for the same of their own lands.

Or even Japan for actually whaling on an industrial scale.

>People endangering an entire species of animal that lives on this planet with me IS my business.

if you've never fucked a whale then you can't cry when we extinct them

I think they should kill more of them

I fish for sport off Vancouver Island and those fucking things (pic related) always fucking eat the fish I'm trying to catch. I wonder how much it costs to mount of of those fucking things? I just wanna take my shot gun and blast the fuckers in the face but my fucking government for some reason made that shit illegal. They're ugly, noisy and there's no benefit having them around. You should see how they just eat everything. Retards literally pay hundreds of bucks just to look at them. Fucking stupid. STOP EATING MY FUCKING CATCH YOU ASSHOLES OF THE OCEAN. Fuck I hate whales so much.