OK Sup Forums. Elections day in my country is just 2 weeks away and I don't know what to do...

OK Sup Forums. Elections day in my country is just 2 weeks away and I don't know what to do. This is legit the most fucked up election my country has faced in the last 40 years or so.

There's a fuckload of candidates (literally like 20) but only 5 of them with an actual chance at winning.

There's a guy who's a puppet of Oscar Arias Sanchez, if you don't know who that guy is, look him up, he's literally the latinamerican Soros.

Another guy is a confessed Freemason with some disturbingly obvious dictator traits, he deadass said he would close down the most popular newspaper in the country in 1 year if he got elected, and he constantly silences every piece of opposition, guy also tried to make a lowkey coup in the 90s.

Another dude was heavily involved in the biggest corruption scandal in the country where it was basically shown that there's a shadow figure controlling every supreme power of the republic

Another one is a religious zealot with almost 0 education who's campaign was entirely based on populism, his main objective as a president as he puts it would be to take the country out of the human rights court (literally impossible for a president to do that)

And the final guy is nobody, but he's the candidate of the current ruling party.

I don't fucking know if I should voteor just abstain myself. They showed polls today and it seems we'll have to go to 2nd round, no decision is optimal, what the fuck should I do?

What wrong then with the final guy?

That "biggest corruption scandal"? turns out our president and a lot of members of his party are involved as well so there's a good chance the guy would be involved too. My country had always been ruled by just 2 parties until the previous election, when a new party won because the people were just tired of the extreme corruption of the other 2.

Thing is, this party proved to be just as corrupt, and the president, who looked mostly like an inept during his whole mandate, was actually just acting like an inept to cover for all the blatant corruption. So people are afraid that either this new guy is just an idiot with no sense of direction, or another corrupt bastard like his predecessor

man compared to my country politics in costa rica is like the fucking wild west.
But anyway, maybe you should consider voting for one of the smaller candidates, disregarding that they can't win.

You should really read about the scandal I'm telling you about, I don't think you'll find anything translated to english though but if you're still interested it's called "cementazo" (basically like "ConcreteGate". Everything started when some nobody was granted 30 million dollars by a state bank to import Chinese concrete, claiming to be an ambassador of the brand (we have a duopoly of concrete because it has to be compliant with the seismic code) and the actual Chinese company showed up to say that they had no idea who the guy was, that they never authorized any exportation deal and that the concrete samples we had were not even real concrete.

Then they investigate and it turns out the guy is major friends with EVERYONE in the ENTIRE government, in every supreme power of the republic, the guy has a friend in every place of power you can think of

Religious guy seems the best option, let me check Wikipedia.

Anti human rights guy seems cool. Is he white?

The religious dude is probably your best bet. If he literally can’t do what he wants, then he can’t fuck up the country. The other guys seem way worse by comparison, so just get the idiot that won’t be able to ruin the country rather than the people who want to take it over.

Who are you gonna vote for?

Run yourself under the Nazi banner?

Bump

iS He wHitE?

what country?

bump

Have any of you fags ever seen a country being run by a religious Zealot?

His party actually tried to ban "military toys" a few years back, and they've been trying to ban violent movies and video games for years.

Even if he can't take the country out of the court, he's showing he's completely unaware of what a president does so I'm sure he'll fuck up the country in some other way.

Don't you see the flag?

Literally the point of the thread is that I don't know who to vote for

>I don't fucking know if I should voteor just abstain myself.

If you're willing to choose the lesser of two evils, that's the only choice you'll ever be given.

Abstaining is a legitimate election tactic, which is why they try to make you feel like it's your duty to vote for someone whether you like them or not. If very few people vote, the people of a nation will not feel that their rulers are legitimate and they will be far more prone to rebellion. Democracy is a confidence game. No confidence= no game.

I see it. idk it. Latino Americano?

That is true, but you would need a lot of people to do that. Otherwise it's not a message so much as a handful of votes for the winning party.

I'm legit tempted for the abstention scenario since our laws actually state if the abstention is higher than 40% they have to remake the whole elections process, and that shit has never happened before, it would definitely send a message that we're fucking tired of the same faggots and we'd probably get that spark needed for a revolution, at least to rewrite the constitution.

You do know that you can hover your mouse/hold your finger over the flag to see the country, right?

Vote for the dictator and bring on some hard times to fix your shithole

>you would need a lot of people to do that.

not your concern. Your only concern is whether there is someone running that you actually want to vote for.

Ya that sounds fucking terrible but I’d rather have a dumb president that tries to ban video games than one that will try to take over the government. I’m not saying he’s a good choice, it’s just incompetence is better than a dictator.

>not your concern.
Somewhat a concern. They aren't going to cry their eyes out over a handful of abstaining votes when it still means there is enough to get them in to office.
This is why (((democracy))) is evil, because you can't actually escape from it.

I'm on mobile amigo.

Abstaining in our system is only useful if we get more than 40%. If not, abstaining is literally the same as voting for the winning candidate, because it lowers the total amount of votes In the pool so it's easier for candidates to get a higher percentage of votes