Traditionalist Catholicism is a deadend. Orthodoxy is the only answer

I used to be a trad Catholic who went to an exclusively Latin Mass parish. One thing I can tell you is that, although there are great nuggets of wisdom and culture in the TradCat movement, every single one of the Vatican II critiques fails is some major way.

The FSSP approach supports obedience to Popes that promoted heresies and are only vaguely Christian. The SSPX approach undermines all Catholic dogmatic teachings on obedience to the Pope. The Sedevacantist approach, while more logically consistent than the other two, leads to the absurd conclusion that there are barely any valid Catholic sacraments in the world anymore and the Church has effectively capitulated, contradicting Christ's promise.

After you have gone through all these mental contortions, there is really only one conclusion left: the Orthodox were right all along about the papacy.

I have been lucky in the sense that I do not have family obligations tying me down to Catholic Church and I have been able to move over to Eastern Orthodoxy. I recommend you do the same.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k6C9BuXe2RM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priestly_Society_of_Saint_Josaphat
goarch.org/parishes
oca.org/parishes
ancientfaith.com/podcasts/orthodoxyheterodoxy/pentecostalism_part_1a
ancientfaith.com/podcasts/orthodoxyheterodoxy/pentecostalism_part_1b
ancientfaith.com/podcasts/orthodoxyheterodoxy/pentecostalism_part_2a
ancientfaith.com/podcasts/orthodoxyheterodoxy/pentecostalism_part_2b
ancientfaith.com/podcasts/orthodoxyheterodoxy/pentecostalism_part_2c
orthochristian.com/109056.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let us know when you church-hop next

fpbp

Good, for a leaf.

He'll return to Protestantism before long

Welcome to the true path, brother

honestly this whole catholic vs orthodox vs protestant vs etc. shit is retarded

Go back to youtube, Jay.
This

It's a question of truth. Unless you think truth is retarded.

Reposting this classic:
youtube.com/watch?v=k6C9BuXe2RM

>t. protocucks/fedora
There is no where else to "church hop". Orthodoxy - with a few (non-protestant) exceptions - is the last bastion of traditional Christianity, outside of tradcath.
I'm still trad Cath, but have been fairly undecided about whether to jump ship. I'm waiting for a great turn around.

fpbp

It's legitimately important, but if you jump from church to church all the time then the problem likely lies with you

If you truly believe that you are either a protestant or retarded yourself. Although what really is the difference between the two?

Ask any Orthodox why they set the arbitrary number of allowing up to 3 divorces and "remarriages," in opposition to the words of Christ.
Francis is trying to normalize the Orthodox position, which is simply impossible.

Whats the process to convert to Orthodoxy?

Matthew 5:32 grants exception for sexual immorality.

It probably involves denouncing the Pope

It does. But that is not the only criteria the Orthodox allow for.

decide which liturgy you like then contact the archdiocese about your interest. I chose Greek Orthodox because that's the only orthodox congregation with a large presence where I live.

God is not going to force a wife to stay married to a man who is breaking her bones or involved with organised crime. God is not a monster. Your Legalism is showing through. The letter over the spirit.

Lucky for you there's a middle ground on this, OP.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priestly_Society_of_Saint_Josaphat

Look, take it up with Jesus Christ who explicitly said that marrying a divorced woman is committing adultery and leaving your wife to marry another is committing adultery.
Hell, he goes so far to even say that lusting in your heart after a woman is committing adultery in your heart.

But hey, that's the letter of the law, y'know. We're more enlightened peoples now. We know better, right?

You Catholics get so excited about the Uniates. Look, Orthodoxy is not just the liturgy. It is a theology denying the universal jurisdiction and infallibility of the Bishop of Rome. If you accept these tenets, you're not Orthodox, you're Roman Catholic.

You are ecumenical with heretical popes. The SSJK is not. Have a good day.

So direct teachings from Christ are "legalistic?"

Day of the Rope coming for you

One of the really refreshing things about the Greek Orthodox Church was how upfront the priests were about their beliefs. Not only are they very red pilled, they don't pussy-foot around topics like ecumenism and homosexuality the way Catholic priests do. Catholic priests all talk like politicians and most of them are effeminate and creepy.

I see you couldn't justify your very patriarchs' actions, so you changed topics to attacking the Vatican II "catholic" church - which is great, since those attacks do not impact us true Catholics. The priests of the SSJK are not creepy, effeminate, uninformed, cowardly or demagogic, with no exception. And they don't care about ecumenism. I think you'll find their posture just as refreshing.

>memevacantist

Good job not even replying to people who ask you things

Are you greek yourself ausbro? there's a greek orth church near me but I've been hesitant to attend?
I'm full blooded Australian btw

That's great, OP. Now there's just one tiny problem. It's a little problem called:

>filioque

You see, Our Lord said He would send the Holy Spirit. And the "Orthodox" don't believe that. Their doctrine contradicts Holy Scripture.

Now, the SSPX's approach may be hard to swallow, but at least it doesn't contradict any doctrine, so I'd stick to it - especially because the Orthodox might sound traditionalist, but they're not. They were in cahoots with the communists during the Soviet Union and keep having ecumenical prayer meetings with the heretical Vat-II popes. The SSPX does not pray with heretics.

>SSPX
It's different when we do it.™

>Who was St. Athanasius?

Also,
>dat little gadsden flag
Fuck off, you clueless liberal!

Learn French and study more!

Learn Greek and Russian and read a little more.

Can we just dump this cuck shit once and for all?

This is not untrue.

The undivided Church conquered the world. Divided, as Jesus prophesied (Last Supper discourse in John), men no longer believed.

Nope. I am an 'anglo' Australian. There are plenty of other non-greek converts at my parish. Although the liturgy is in Greek the sermon and gospel readings are given in English. Best to contact the archdiocese so they can point you to a parish that has converts in a similar boat as you. We also have a lot of Serbians who come over to our church just because they like the bible studies and the liturgy.

A separation is permitted under circumstances such as "breaking her bones."

But remarriage after divorce? No, it is as explained by That can be a heavy cross to bear, but there are many circumstances in life that create a heavy cross to bear.

I'm appalled by how casually you dismiss the Russian Orthodox experience under Bolshevism. Believe me, the men who crumbled like Metropolitan Sergius were holier men than you. I'd like to see how long you'd hold out with your family and friends being murdered and jumper cables attached to your nutsack.

My understanding is that remarriage services are just a betrothal and no crowning. Thats like the Catholic equivalent of confessing a mortal sin and receiving no absolution afterwards.

Nah none of the logical explanations work in life, we have to assume a magical being controls everything and he stopped communicating with us just as audio and photographic recording tech was invented.

Also I hate you because you don't believe in PRE-DESTINATION!

Savage beatings.

>Thats like the Catholic equivalent of confessing a mortal sin and receiving no absolution afterwards
Which requires a change in their state of life to receive.
Which means leaving the pretended spouse and living in chastity.
My father was divorced by my mother (who began practicing as a lesbian) and never remarried, carrying this cross.

>My father was divorced by my mother (who began practicing as a lesbian) and never remarried, carrying this cross.
Your father is a true man user.

I've never been to a "remarriage" but I know plenty of people excommunicated for divorce or their second marriage was done outside of the church so theres that.

>excommunicated for divorce
I've never seen or heard of this in my lifetime. Excommunication is extremely rare now-a-days since the Catholic hierarchy is on the "mercy" opium. You only get accused of being ipso facto excommunicated for having "Lefebvrist leanings," but the sodomites, oh they're in "full communion."

The "full communion" nomenclature is a fallacy in itself, as if someone can have one foot with Christ and one foot outside of Christ.

>After you have gone through all these mental contortions, there is really only one conclusion left

Or, just maybe, the reformers were right.

>reformers
Fr. Luther adds the word "alone" to Romans 3:28 to bolster his new doctrine of faith alone.
Fr. Luther removes St. James, Acts, and Revelations, only to re-add Acts and Revelations at the protest of his colleagues. James remained out, because it conflicted with his new doctrine of faith alone.
Fr. Luther adopts the Jewish canon of Old Testament, removing 7 books and a few chapters of Daniel.
Fr. Luther was sure the Jews would convert en masse after hearing, in his words, the new Gospel. When it wasn't so, it was burn and pillage the synagogue.
Fr. Luther tells Philip of Hesse it is not against the law of God to take a second wife, while retaining the first (because the Old Testament Jews did it). The great reformer himself endorses polygamy. Melancthon attended in Fr. Luther's stead.
Fr. Luther removes Holy Matrimony as a function of the Church and relegates it to the State. Without which sodomite civil unions couldn't exist.
Henry VIII founds his protestant religion on divorce and "remarriage."
Anglicans liberate contraception in 1930 at the Lambeth conference, allowing it in "limited circumstances." Sexual misbehavior, adultery, divorce, abortion, and sodomite behavior soon exploded into numbers previously unseen.
Reformers, indeed.

If there's one thing Protestantism as a system has warred against from the very beginning, it was the sanctity of marriage.

>cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I used to go to this old calenderist church, the priest excommunicated(with the okay from the bishop) his son from marrying a jew at a jewish ceremony.

Oy veh!

Wow. Our Bishop is relatively new, only had his bishopric for about a year. He hasn't made any big moves. Too early to tell where he lies in this crisis.
Hope he doesn't squash our TLM community. Parish priest used to offer TLM secretly anyway. I suppose it would go back to that.

stop fighting it user

>allow divorces to appease aristocrats
>"the doctrines we teach are the same as the early church!"
Okay schismatic

There is but one faith, prepare to be audited.

No thanks. Francis is a Godsend to be quite honest. He is making visible the silent schism that has existed since the Council.
He will visibly split the Church (as even he has said); his actions have forced prelates and faithful alike to get off of the fence and choose a side. That's a good thing.
Majority of Catholics don't even believe anymore anyway. Let them go off into their neo-protestant dreamland where ecumenical backslapping becomes the only sacrament.
I'm here to stay.

see

I've considered it. I havent given trad catholicism a try tho. No opportunity for me yet. In a few months ill be moving near a churcch that does latin mass.

Mainstream catholicism is 100% dead though. I go to a catholic college with a decent churchgoing population and its disgusting how little respect they have for the sanctuary. Most of the women wear yoga pants or daisy dukes and just about everyone chats loudly before mass.

The priests are cucks too and dont say anything about it and just go on preaching their watered-down view of the gospel

38 “Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

39 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40 for whoever is not against us is for us. 41 Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.

Find your nearest orthodox church.
goarch.org/parishes
oca.org/parishes
The different nationalities of orthodoxy don't change anything dogmatic or doctrinal. They all share dogma and doctrine. Difference in nationality (Greek, Russian, Antiochian, etc) just change the language they perform liturgy in and some minor music or stylistic differences (aside from the likely ethnic makeup of the congregation)
Greek churches use greek as their liturgical language (duh), Slavic churches all use slavonic, Antiochian churches use arabic.
Russian Orthodox churches belonging to OCA might be a bit more liberal.

Attend Divine Liturgy, which is a normal sunday service. After liturgy, seek out the priest and talk to him about catechism, the formal process of converting to Orthodoxy. If you were some form of Christian previously, you will just need to be confirmed. If you were never baptized under any denomination, you will be baptized and confirmed after a period of catechism.

God bless, user.

>Ephesians 4:5
>one Lord, one faith, one baptism
>Matthew 7:21
>Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Applying Luke 9/Mark 9 to protestantism is silly, as they were founded upon rebellion and rejection of the Gospel that their forefathers died for. There were no faith alone/bible alone Christians before the sixteenth century.

Might as well share my experience with Orthodoxy while I'm here.
>raised pentecostal
>also gone to non-denom protestant churches around town
>had my fedoratheist phase
>had a personal experience where I could no longer deny the existence of God
>try going back to non-denominational protestant churches in search for something
>nothing changes
>time passes
>don't know much about eastern orthodoxy
>ask biblical scholar sister about it out of curiosity
>"actually they're the most pure and true type of Christianity since Christ and the Church Fathers."
>there's a greek orthodox church a 10 minute walk away (down the street from the memeacostal church i went to growing up)
>go once
>felt all my life that I was walking thirsty through a desert while being told there was water all around me, going to orthodox church was like being immersed in a cool oasis and told to drink deep
>everyone was super friendly and white (if you count greeks, but they look white to me)
>multiple families with kids and pregnant mothers
>there have been multiple sermons and daily readings denouncing Jews and using them as examples of sin and evil in the less than a year I've been there
>yep, this is the church for me
>now in catechism and wear a three bar cross around my neck
Even if I'm still a horrendous sinner, I feel like the last thing a sinner should do is retract from God. Lord have mercy on me. Orthodoxy is the one true Faith.

All glory be to God. Protestantism is a meme and so are the schismatics.

Based leaf.

>raised pentecostal
user orthobro here dating a pentecostal, what do. Her family is super trad, denim skirts the whole nine. pretty tight knit group, really frowns on dating outside their church.

Listen to these podcast. Use your newfound knowledge, or have your memeacostal gf listen to them.
>ancientfaith.com/podcasts/orthodoxyheterodoxy/pentecostalism_part_1a
>ancientfaith.com/podcasts/orthodoxyheterodoxy/pentecostalism_part_1b
>ancientfaith.com/podcasts/orthodoxyheterodoxy/pentecostalism_part_2a
>ancientfaith.com/podcasts/orthodoxyheterodoxy/pentecostalism_part_2b
>ancientfaith.com/podcasts/orthodoxyheterodoxy/pentecostalism_part_2c
Miracles happen every Sunday in Orthodoxy. Don't need all the showmanship and theater that Pentecostalism does to have them.

We see the pope as a political figure at best, we really don't care as long as he leaves us alone.

The good thing with ancient faith is that the Patriarchs are just servants of the church and not some God's "chosen" emperors.

checking those numbers
pope confirmed for simply political figure

orthochristian.com/109056.html
Barely started reading this and Orthodoxy seems based as fuck

Oh fuck, check'd indeed