Manga thread

What are you reading? Show off your shit taste here

Here.

Saikyou Densetsu no Loli to Dinosaur

I was reading Gash Bell but now I'm busy with non-japanese media.
Also, my ongoing list includes Golden Kamui, Gleipnir, Dungeon Meshi and some WSJ shit.

Vector Ball is from the Zatch Bell guy right? It looks kind of cool

Promised neverland and we can't study I hope.

My favorite Jumpshit right now is KnY.
I'm enjoying Neverland, but the art is fucking atrocious sometimes.

Bizarrely, as I've scanlated more and more myself, I've been less and less inclined to read manga; even if I feel like I want to read something new. I wonder if this is a unique sensation, or if it's common and I should stop scanlating for a while.

I think my most recent new read was Drifters. It's neat, but the scanlators on it are fucking garbage. Their sfx guy is the only person I can respect as skilled, yet his work kinda damages the base manga.

>the art is fucking atrocious sometimes
shit taste.

I finished Kakukaku Shikajika today. I sobbed.

After 200+ titles it becomes really a pain to find your thing. The key to not get bored with manga is fill the heart in the mean time with SoL light read shit like tomochan, mousou telepathy, Kaguya and Karakai.

I doubt that's his issue, since he's connecting the lack of interest to scanlation specifically, rather than just having read too much or not liking the series he tries.

Fair perspective, I suppose. What ever happened with Tomo-chan, though? I think I missed a day, and it went into its ongoing hiatus. Did Fumita get sick, or bored, or something?

I'll probably try Kaguya, though; I don't think I have yet, and it's certainly looked fun from the pages that I've seen.

I've just been collecting stuff. My book shelf is full and I haven't read a lot of it

I don't *know* if it's necessarily connected, but I believe it is. I spend at least an hour a day with my face in close-ups of the black and white pages and, afterwards, I simply don't have the urge to read that I had before I was a scanlator. Almost feels like I "see through" manga if I try to read them now, if that makes any sense. Would you stop scanlating, in my shoes? Or would you try to find a different perspective or something?

Dungeon Meshi, Mob, BNHA, and Takagi-san
I occasionally get myself up to date with One Piece (simply because it feels like a waste to drop it after putting up with it for 750 chapters) and Berserk
I probably should start reading more manga though

The weekly threads are fun as fuck.

Well shit user...

Try reading a physical copy sometimes it may help. What kind of manga do you like?

Kaguya is awesome, dude. Read IB, too. Aka Asaka is quickly becoming my fav mangaka

I'd rather not answer, for the sake of not turning the thread into some sort of rec thing. Maybe I will try paperbacks, though; it's an interesting proposal. Worth a try, at the least.

>like I "see through" manga if I try to read them now, if that makes any sense
That's a bit cryptic, but you mean like , where you get absorbed in stuff like the SFX instad of immersing yourself? I'd suggest taking a break from scanlation to see if that's really the issue, and maybe look for something easy to get into, whatever that means for you, something that you'll just read more or less mindlessly and won't get distracted during.

Anyway, to keep this on-topic, I just caught up with Kakegurui after a year or so of lagging. Things managed to stay interesting better than I thought they would, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Reading the latest volume of Inertia 67%.

>200+ titles
Try closer to a thousand. Unless you have some really particular taste, there's a good deal of series to read before you really can't find anything good to read. Even then, I effectively quit manga for a year and there's now a bunch of new things I want to read.

Been really enjoying Nami yo Kiite Kure lately.

To anyone who only read that one Sup Forums scanlation, I'd highly recommend giving it another try with the official releases. The substance of the manga is primarily in the dialogue, and the Sup Forums chapter's translation is just godawful.

It's kill. Editor-san tried to give him ideas for new directions but he decided to tuck it in and let it die.

I finally got around to reading all of the random Toriyama works I hadn't read. SandLand is probably his next best work, after Dr. Slump.

Oh, shit, I remember that getting licensed but completely forgot to check. Thanks for the heads-up.

I got the first volume but didn't pick up any others because it wasn't the typical action/gore stuff from him. I might get the next volume of his short comics though

Didn't realize there were rips of this. I've been completely out of the loop for a while. Ohikkoshi is one of my favourite manga. Anything non-violent by Samura is a plus.

Haven't read anything in a while. I'm terrible at picking up new stuff but not because there's nothing that interests me, just can't bother to begin something. Last thing I read was Undercurrent, pretty dope and interesting, both the art and story were pretty high quality.

Birdmen is a fun manga

Read anything else by Toyoda Tetsuya? Or Igarashi Daisuke?

I saw that at a book store. I thought it was a Wingman reboot or something

Been reading Made in Abyss, Oddman 11, Shitei Bouryoku Shoujo Shiomi-chan, Bakuon!!, and some other shit too. Might re-read Needless for the hell of it too.

My nigga,

Clearing some of my backlogs at work.

>inb4 mobile phone

The last thing I read was Angel Densetsu. It is one of the few 'School Life' genre mangas I have in my collection. The story is interesting and it has some hilarious moments.

>mobile
>mangafox
Why would you want such a garbage reading experience?

Nope. Same author as Kekkaishi. It's solid so far and there's no signs it's going to go downhill soon

Probably picking up Golden Kamyu asap, just gotta get exams done
>Undercurrent
My nigga, though it is abhorrently slow in the first chapters, the payoff is worth it.

>mangas

Finishing it tomorrow
This was unexpectedly good

Because I travel more often than I'm home, sadly.

It's one of the only manhwa I actually like, for sure.

Himegoto Juukyusai no Seifuku.
Heavily anticipating but also dreading the last chapter.

>The substance of the manga is primarily in the dialogue, and the Sup Forums chapter's translation is just godawful
That goes for so many manga unfortunately. I'd rather lot of series just stay unscanlated rather be ruined because there are so few available competent fan translators.

>and the Sup Forums chapter's translation is just godawful.
Wasn't it translated from indonesian or something? Or was that a different Samura manga. Anyway I didn't read the fan scans and went straight to official releases and they certainly are good.

>Anything non-violent by Samura is a plus.
Yeah. I like his sense of humour and oddly enough, I think these more mundane works of his like this one, Ohikkoshi and Sister generator showcase more of his writing style than Blade of the Immortal did. I mean, I like Blade, but it's his non-ryouno indulgent ones that actually had me warming up to his stuff.

Get a damn tablet. Mini SDs with big storage are cheap too. That's what I do when I travel.

Reading Takemitsu Zamurai and Dragon Quest Dai's Adventure.
And whenever i get horny, i read Prison School on the side.

vice president is my favorite character

Blade of the Immortal is effectively an art-book. That's pretty much it.

A good fucking artbook, just finished that a while back, should I read Ohikkoshi or Sister generator next?
I love both her S and M sides.

what the fuck happened to goblin slayer?

Have you read lyricism in the dark?

>Ohikkoshi or Sister generator
Depends on your mood. Are you in for anthology of shorts? Then read SisGen first. Otherwise, go for Ohik.

other than GS, most of the sienen manga I guess, stuff like Kingdom, some romcom shit, Black Lagoon just had an update, thank you for that, blah blah blah updates never on the good mangas

either that or fucking one shots that disappear, or decent manga that get axed.

The light novel is being published in english so whoever was working on it must have had to drop it

What's her name, Sup Forums?

Oh ok, thanks for the advice.

No, the manga. Last time I saw new LN chapter was almost 6 months ago.

>That goes for so many manga unfortunately
Arguably no. So much manga is trash anyways.

There's so many butchered translations for older manga. The ones that bother me the most are those with historic significance. Official translations don't necessarily do it better, look at Phoenix.

I'm confused, did you forget to quote someone?

> look at Phoenix
I will never not find this funny. How the hell can a 40+ year old professional American translator not recognize "Custer's Last Stand"?

I don't know what's worse, butchered translations or butchered cleaning. They way bad groups overlevel and smear the shit out of pages is unbelievable. It's mind boggling that they look at the results of their handiwork and think it's a job well done when they churn out something visually unreadable.

I was lazy and made two posts instead of one w/o adding cont

finished Museum. pretty good

That has a live action movie right? I thought about watching it

looks like someone likes berserk too much

among others

That chainsaw comic got a movie too. I was thinking of buying that one

Berserk didn't invent pagan iconography.

This was really neat, I wish more was translated.

What I mean by it isn't easy to define, but I'll give you an example of an aspect of it, since I'm now reading Kaguya. Clearly, reading something more fun hasn't *immediately* helped. This is what happened, moment-by-moment, inside my head, as I read this page a minute ago.

>Shuchui'in Private Academy... not sure I agree with the apostrophe. It shouldn't be like that. Stop. Move on.
>An incredibly prestigious academy, originally established to educate - something's wrong with the typesetting. What did they do? The left bit is arranged weird. Did they do the Mangastream thing? No. If I reorder the words like this... Stop it. Move on.
>In modern times, now that - this text should be one pixel over to the left. Shouldn't it? I should check. Yeah, it should be. And maybe the next one, too.
And so on.

It freaks me out that I have to notice it - but, what's worse is that I reflexively try to resolve it. I can't/don't accept that it's weird or wrong and simply move on; my brain demands that I ought to "look at" the work, as opposed to "reading" the work.

You're probably right; I probably should take a break, but I'd nonetheless be interested to hear any other thoughts on this that you might have, if any.

Marathon Alice in Borderland yesterday. I think this is one of the best survival game manga. Even though the ending isn't really satisfied but at least it was foreshadowed and those who die still stay dead in the end

Up to chapter 21 is translated in Mangahelpers if you wanna give that a go.

How about learning Japanese and reading raws instead?

You're autistic but I agree that the typesetting needs some fixing, the fonts are awful.

he's talking about the art style you blind fuck

Oh shit, I thought this series was long dead. Thanks user!

I do know Japanese, but I'm a purebred English language native. My Japanese is imperfect, and the slow reading often ruins the pacing of manga. There aren't any classes around here that I could take to improve it, so my only option therein is to just keep slowly learning new words and so on. In English, I can read a three-line paragraph in ~5 seconds. To that end, I always go with English translations whenever possible.

It looks nothing like Berserk, what the fuck are you talking about?

Nothing Berserk about it either, you blind fuck.

I fucking hate onomonopeeas

(fuck spelling that word correctly)

No prob, man glad to help.

The art style has little similarity with Berserk. Seems like you're the one who is blind.

shigeki no kyojim

You don't need classes for that. The only way to improve your reading is by reading more. By reading English translations whenever available, you only delay making progress in Japanese.

I don't *care* about Japanese, though. Just because I learned it doesn't mean that I like it. I hate it with an unprecedented passion. The fact that it allows for shit like
>mono wa monomonoshiku mono monono monomochi mono
and conjugations like
>arawarerarenakerebanaranai
pisses me the fuck off.

Mate, either you read it in nip or you deal with that shit The end.

Sauce?