ITT: Dubs superior to the sub

ITT: Dubs superior to the sub
youtube.com/watch?v=6gXGYKNQE9M
DBZ's dub is far far superior to the sub, dare I say over 9000 times better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9OYC4ScZeic
youtube.com/watch?v=GJVYGUjsgjw
youtube.com/watch?v=75gUJ_4SyY0
youtube.com/watch?v=vvYwssV1IFY
youtube.com/watch?v=rrCWYepgtTY
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0HKCxfwkmM
youtube.com/watch?v=BUjXKd8DZvI
youtube.com/watch?v=0NLr0ddXG70
youtube.com/watch?v=dHYr9_cKg1s
youtube.com/watch?v=iPVSkGoDrTY
youtube.com/watch?v=ea7zyyg40W8
youtube.com/watch?v=CmA6tcNp2n4
youtube.com/watch?v=0MLf78F7C8I
youtube.com/watch?v=zJfmqxwp3MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8T410qzQkYY
youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7muZaoTUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KQVov2BNIcw
youtube.com/watch?v=O4Gq2NxTvak
youtube.com/watch?v=NqV-BYe8YiI
youtube.com/watch?v=_5vL_A9N7ZA
youtube.com/watch?v=O7Tg_wjWT1g
youtube.com/watch?v=BHIoRrPdNJI
youtube.com/watch?v=RyvwDfPQ-mU
youtube.com/watch?v=b2kYwnbJyt4
youtube.com/watch?v=vsPg1tesBfo
youtube.com/watch?v=C9tziWlL2LY
youtube.com/watch?v=2AWDctx19-4
youtube.com/watch?v=ImB0HK16-tQ
youtube.com/watch?v=18foq__Yut0
youtube.com/watch?v=oHrEMZG1unY
youtube.com/watch?v=w14FuFPoB2o
youtube.com/watch?v=5PySXS01reg
youtube.com/watch?v=Lukg7tQgaqA
youtube.com/watch?v=Jo289zN2NEg
youtube.com/watch?v=WrNEQ2TQ2ZA
youtube.com/watch?v=L6s1MchuGZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=cG8YdwCVZSc
youtube.com/watch?v=3O5NO8a8ApQ
youtube.com/watch?v=s6E_L1wiPRA
youtube.com/watch?v=4kWyfGPJcxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=34wOfNcRDx8
youtube.com/watch?v=ViKCUYdUQcU
youtube.com/watch?v=iFPmUc34JNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>b-but muh retard battlehungry Goku who's autisically obsessed with fighting

Ya nobody actually prefers granny voice, they're just being contrarians.

That Hope of the Universe line derails Goku as a character from his original intent and is the reason why autists are surprised that Goku only fights to fight strong guys

Mine, now fuck off to Sup Forums.

Doesn't matter contrarian. The dub is better delivered, has a better script, and a MUCH better soundtrack. Goku was an autist in the sub, he's much more likeable in the dub.
Fuck off or I'll break your legs retard nigger

>Let's turn Goku into a generic superman type
>Let's turn a classic orchestral soundtrack into a generic rock one

>dub is better delivered
Maybe in Kai, in the original Funi dub the voices are stilted, hard to make out at times due to the music not actually blending into the background, or just random grunts to fill in space (the Gohan SSJ2 scene is a huge offender of this, being 10 minutes of pure grunting while Gohan is transforming)
>has a better script
>inb4 hope of the universe line
>inb4 all the shitty monologues
>inb4 the godawful gohan transformation monologue that was only in the funi dub and in no other dub
>inb4 shit like 'you big bully' coming from freeza

>much better soundtrack
It was techno that was out of place most of the time and was because the higher ups thought kids needed to hear music at all times and they couldn't handle a single moment of silence.
>goku was an autist in the sub, he's much more likeable in the dub
That's because he's an autist in the manga. The dub completely changed his character into fucking Superman, going so far as to say his father was a brilliant scientist.

>going so far as to say his father was a brilliant scientist.
Really? God damn, that's stupid.

>not knowing about the brilliant scientist line
Where have you been user?

I've never watched the dub.

Nothing is wrong with the hope of the universe line or other added lines. They sound fine and fit the characters. What's wrong with "you big bully" coming from Frieza? He's immature and was sperging out, it makes sense for something childish to come out of his mouth. Also the manga is just shit, compare the manga art to the anime. The manga has almost no shading while the anime is rich with beautiful detail and shading. The sub music was retarded as fuck, with shit like slide whistles and this weird "boing" instrument
youtube.com/watch?v=9OYC4ScZeic
>BWABWAAAAAAA BWOWOWO BWABWABBABWABWAAA
Compare to the American OST:
youtube.com/watch?v=GJVYGUjsgjw
Dub wins again

The original OST sounded like shit. Other than the original DB themes it was pretty bad.

Oh and I forgot to mention that Kai is shit too. Listen to Gohan's voice in Kai, he sounds like a pussy

>B-but it's in my native language so it's makes everything better
>And I'm so retarded that I'm still refer to subtitle as original Japanese voice acting

>muh nostalgia
Basically every non-Jap dub was superior to the original.

The original DBZ dub sucks ass. Kai is superior
youtube.com/watch?v=75gUJ_4SyY0

To be fair he is a bitch, so it fits. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me

>nothing is wrong with the hope of the universe line
Except it completely changed Goku as a character and caused dubtards to be surprised whenever Goku wants to save a villain or lets bad shit happen
>what's wrong with "you big bully" coming from frieza?
First of all, it's Freeza. Secondly, Freeza's character isn't Gohan's. The only time Funi nailed Freeza's character was when he offered Nail's arm as a backscratcher. He's cruel and sadistic and never humiliates himself. Watch the Kai dub or the subbed lines, instead of acting like a 5 year old, he says something that manga Freeza would actually say.
>the manga is just shit
Your opinion is shit
>compare the manga art to the anime
The anime looks like shit 3/4 of the time and only looks good in key scenes, but the manga outshines it most of the time.
>the manga has almost no shading
It still looks good
>while the anime is rich with beautiful detail in shading
In key scenes. There was about one good animation team Funi had out of 7. Compare the first SSJ transformation to the episode immediately following it, everything looks like absolute trash. This is true for most episodes, especially the filler.
>the sub music was retarded as fuck
Did you even listen to the Faulconer music? It was just shit techno overlapping character's talking and making scenes hard to take seriously (such as the scene where Gero and Android #19 are blowing up a city)
>a child sounds like a child
No shit, Gohan in the Funi dub sounded like he had lung cancer

The DBZ dub score is the one time I think a replacement soundtrack worked.

Just the entire way the Japanese soundtrack was written, and I think, more importantly, edited, felt way off.

There are times when there's no music during action scenes that feel like they need it, or there's classic martial arts movie score stuff, happening when we're on another planet and have gone full sci-fi.

YOU CAN DESTROY PLANETS
BUT
YOU CAN NEVER DESTROY WHAT I AM
FRAND
Does Goku have autism?

Also, keep in mind, /none/ of the replacement scores for Kai followed in the mold of Kikuchi. Yamamoto (before the controversy), and Sumitomo, fit much closer to what Faulconer and his grew were aiming for.

Also, that I AM speech is objectively better in the Kai dub.
youtube.com/watch?v=vvYwssV1IFY

Who gives a fuck if they changed Goku's character? His original character was fucking obnoxious
The Funi dub has an awesome atmospheric soundtrack while Kai is tryhard orchestral shit

mu goku is not a good guy

Agreed, but it would've been even better if they had done this: youtube.com/watch?v=rrCWYepgtTY
it makes me sad that so many insert songs went unused in Kai

>his original character was fucking obnoxious
You mean chill guy that only cared about his friends and family and wanted to fight strong guys? You honestly prefer Superman ripoff Mr Morality, who goes into the most cringeworthy speech in anime history? Go back to plebbit.
>the funi dub has an awesome atmospheric soundtrack while the kai is tryhard orchestral shit
Literally 'It's only okay when Faulconer does it'
The Faulconer techno shit in this is obnoxious as hell and doesn't fit, the Kai shit was toned down and not all in your face. Faulconer's was made to be all in your face because they thought children and retards couldn't handle a second of silence and needed something happening at all times.

>You mean chill guy that only cared about his friends and family and wanted to fight strong guys? You honestly prefer Superman ripoff Mr Morality, who goes into the most cringeworthy speech in anime history? Go back to plebbit.
No, he was annoying, selfish, and a gay retard nigger. Dub Goku is an improvement, also, who cares if the dub OST is for children? Anime in general is for children. I'd rather have badass techno rock instead of gay "orchestra"

>I'd rather have badass techno rock instead of gay "orchestra"
This. Also the sound quality of the original OST was awful.

DBZ dub and yeah I'm counting the pre raditz dub will always be worse than the sub for this scene alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0HKCxfwkmM

The actor quite literally doesn't get Goku. Matter of fact your post almost reads like bait using that scene to illustrate the dub's superiority when it's just Sean doing some lightweight Supes posturing.

>he was annoying, selfish, and a gay retard nigger
So, how he was supposed to be
>dub goku is an improvement
As I said, Funi Goku is just Superman. If I wanted Superman, I'd watch Superman, I watch Dragon Ball for the characters in it, one of them being Goku, who was written to be a selfish country-kid with little understanding of the social norm.
>who cares if the dub ost is for children
Because its condescending as fuck.
>anime in general is for children
I'll say Dragon Ball deserves at least a 14A rating, seeing as how even in the tame original Dragon Ball, Goku goes through King Piccolo and later on, Majunior blasts a hole through Goku's shoulder and chest. In Z, people got arms ripped off and Cell had half his body taken off by Vegeta. DBZ is definitely not a kids show by anybody's standard, only reason it was labelled as that was because at the time, cartoons were hot shit with kids.
>i'd rather have badass techno rock
youtube.com/watch?v=BUjXKd8DZvI
Yeah, real badass
>instead of gay "orchestra"
Maybe you just have shit taste and are a nostalgiatard?

Creepy circus music helped enhance the mood of that scene. Android 19 looks like a mime too. Face it subfag, dub is just better in every way

This has to be bait, there is no way you find the music creepy unless you only listened to the first 5 seconds of it.

Ghost stories

It's not bait. It fits the scene in a weird way. It's like how in Evangelion they play opera music at some parts

Except it doesn't. The scene is trying to be serious, especially so in the Funi dub, and the circus music that isn't even creepy kills the mood.

full metal alchemist

Terrible bait and I'm a dubfag.
>youtube.com/watch?v=0NLr0ddXG70

Either version of FMA is better dubbed than subbed.

Stop bumping this thread and let it die
Just put sage in the options, it's not that hard

kai faulconer >>>> original dub
The Faulconer tracks were very poorly edited in the original. Fans can fix this.

youtube.com/watch?v=dHYr9_cKg1s
youtube.com/watch?v=iPVSkGoDrTY
youtube.com/watch?v=ea7zyyg40W8
youtube.com/watch?v=CmA6tcNp2n4
youtube.com/watch?v=0MLf78F7C8I
youtube.com/watch?v=zJfmqxwp3MQ

Except there were very few moments where the Faulconer score sounded good.

I truly pity all you sorry faggots. Us pedros got the absolute best version of DBZ.
>original score, no faggy linkin park techno rock
>genuine VA with perfectly fitting voice actors
>Accurate line for line from the jap version non of that made up bullshit like bardock being a fucken scientist wtf

youtube.com/watch?v=8T410qzQkYY
>also we got the best version of frieza

The faulconer track was great at first but really wore out towards the end, especially by the buu saga.

The thing is it had a real sci-fi feel to it that perfectly matched namek and cell arcs.

>tries to prove a point
>posts awful american ost that sounds like an edgy choir boy at church put it together

That Vegeta is actually pretty good to.

Baccano

portugese dub > all
youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7muZaoTUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KQVov2BNIcw
youtube.com/watch?v=O4Gq2NxTvak

Did they keep in Unmei no Hi too?

I didn't know Sup Forums has cringe threads.

Android Arc is unwatchable without Faulconer.
Fuck you weeboo elitists.
youtube.com/watch?v=NqV-BYe8YiI

Holy shit, portuguese Dodoria is dubbed by MC Nego Bam

youtube.com/watch?v=_5vL_A9N7ZA

This youtube.com/watch?v=O7Tg_wjWT1g

>Dubs superior to the sub
You fucking wish filthy casual.

What the fuck is that Cell voice

>weeboo
Where the fuck do you think you are.

This, and Code Geass.

>android arc is unwatchable without faulconer
>links to the most out of place track ever produced

Super Buu's theme was still great, even if it was a complete rip-opp of a SoaD song.

>using weeaboo as an insult
>on Sup Forums
>while using a /jp/ image
Get out of Sup Forums.

Look at where you are you autistic faggot

t. Elitist weebs
Faulconer is the best, he even looks like Jesus. Kikuchi can suck a cock in hell

>Unmei no Hi
Fuck yea dude

youtube.com/watch?v=BHIoRrPdNJI

youtube.com/watch?v=RyvwDfPQ-mU

one of faulconer's best tracks right here

>faulconer
Who?

>calls other people weebs
>on a site made for weebs
>on a site modeled after a japanese anime image board
>that is currently owned by the guy who made said japanese anime image board
>on an anime and manga board

Code Geass dub is a mixed bag, some characters sound fantastic and others sound awful.

That dub was easily the best since it used competent voice actors.

youtube.com/watch?v=b2kYwnbJyt4

Step aside, plebs. This is the best DBZ dub.

youtube.com/watch?v=vsPg1tesBfo

youtube.com/watch?v=C9tziWlL2LY
youtube.com/watch?v=2AWDctx19-4
youtube.com/watch?v=ImB0HK16-tQ

>most dubfags are DBZ faggot
>the dare to call other people plebs when their are the lowest of the low
>just because muhhh childhood
>muuuhh fitting voices
Just a reminder that the DB sub had more emotion put into it and that the original voices are fitting in it's intended way and not in your headcanon.

youtube.com/watch?v=18foq__Yut0

>ive watched z subbed and dubbed
>ive heard horrible capeshit tier American lines and extremely repetive Japanese Godzilla boing boing music
>I just want kai tier voice acting for z with properly edited faulconer music
that's all i want
youtube.com/watch?v=oHrEMZG1unY

>the original voices are fitting in it's intended way
Not arguing for either side, but you know that's a load of shit when VAs can essentially get grandfathered in to roles and keep them regardless of how their voice/range change over time.

>all this faulconer cancer

Have some good original tracks instead:

youtube.com/watch?v=w14FuFPoB2o
youtube.com/watch?v=5PySXS01reg
youtube.com/watch?v=Lukg7tQgaqA
youtube.com/watch?v=Jo289zN2NEg
youtube.com/watch?v=WrNEQ2TQ2ZA

If you don't enjoy listening to this music while an 80 year old chain smoking Japanese grandma screams like a cat being raped you aren't a true DB fan.
>youtube.com/watch?v=L6s1MchuGZ8

Gtfo normalfag burger. Literally EVERY person which I met who was using 'weeaboo' word as an (last resort) 'argument' (because of infinite xenophobic burgred brainless retardness) was a fuckin idiot. Original VA is ALWAYS better no matter what. In every media from whatever country. If you are brainless and you can't understand why, then cut your Internet cable, go to WC Donald and eat your burgers.

>all of that shitty jap boing boing music
reminder that this
youtube.com/watch?v=cG8YdwCVZSc
and Piccolo's Japanese themes are the only memorable ones, everything else is repetitive forgettable Godzilla music.

>immediately starts REEEEEEEING and resorts to calling people americans
butthurt yuropoors are adorable

>implying anything from shitty faulconer comes close to this

youtube.com/watch?v=3O5NO8a8ApQ

woah repetitive as hel lgeneric shit that's just a remix of an earlier song wow
youtube.com/watch?v=s6E_L1wiPRA
youtube.com/watch?v=4kWyfGPJcxQ

You just got trolled! I actually love Faulconer, i've just been trolling and pretending to love Kuckuchi!

Oh shit, nice Alien soundtrack music, here's actual Dragon Ball music though:

youtube.com/watch?v=34wOfNcRDx8

>t.

Which one do you honestly prefer?

youtube.com/watch?v=ViKCUYdUQcU

Personally I prefer the sub. I think it captures the moment best.

DUDE LMAO I actually love Kikuchi, and was only pretending to like Faulconer!

Trolololololo nice one but seriously I don't genuinely like Kikuchi, I was trolling. I think Faulconer is the man!

>not liking Arai Goku
ITT: shit taste

>which do you prefer
the one with best music playing in the background
youtube.com/watch?v=iFPmUc34JNk

It's from the Ocean dub, not the Funimation dub

Funimation dub basically concluded that Goku was defined by his time with Grandpa Gohan, while Toei these days is more attached to his saiyan blood

Japanese version there is by FAAAR the best.

>muffled computer activation noise playing in the background around 1:15

Cowboy Bebop

kekuchi isnt that good

That speech is way too cheesy for Goku. The "Super Saiyan Son Goku" speech was cheesy too, but nowhere near that bad