So can we all agree that this was ACTUALLY the best thing to come out of Gainex?

So can we all agree that this was ACTUALLY the best thing to come out of Gainex?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zgMD5TiKvCk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. With Kare Kano at a close second.

It's only meh if you didn't watch it in your teenage years.

No, this was

that's not wings of honneamise.

Overrated garbage.
Disgusting 3DPD lips by the way.

yeah

Agreed

Abenobashi was pretty entertaining.

It perfectly encapsulates teenage melancholy and the hard truth is if you didn't watch it before you became an adult you most likely didn't fully experience it.

It's the best thing Gainax has made but at the same time is only truly accessible to those younger than ourselves.

No, this was

Don't be a gay

I watched this in the tail end of highschool... if this is true then I was inches away from missing the best experience of my life and losing my favourite anime.
The passage of time is terrifying.

Disagree. The style over substance wankery holds up great even without the nostalgia factor. The story is admittedly more apt for teens, but that's hardly what makes FLCL great anyway.

Fooly Cooly lips are gods gift to boners you worthless dirty pleb

Any answer that isn't EoE is objectively wrong.

But FLCL is actually deep.

>LCL
>FLCL
whoa

WRONG

Now that's some major bullshit. Watched it when I was 20 years old and it's one of my top 10 and second favorite Gainax work.

That's not gunbuster

Yea probably.

I miss old Gainax.

It's alright. The themes are flat and obvious. But then I've never seen any anime that could be considered "deep" or where the main idea isn't on the surface.
I liked it, it's alright, reminds me of Eva too much though.

this.

Gainex made their magnum opus with just six episodes.

Eva > FLCL > TTGL > Kare Kano > Gunbuster > Diebuster >>> the rest

>20 years old
>not teenager
You don't begin to form a brain until 21, and even then I wouldn't trust them with anything beyond colors and shapes.

>teenager
>literally has the word teen in it
Normal people at 21 already have their degree and have jobs and houses.
You're retarded, user. Seems you still haven't formed your brain.

>Normal people at 21 already have their degree and have jobs and houses.

lol

>You don't begin to form a brain until 21
Sup Forums on biology

Without a doubt.

That explains why I dropped it halfway.

>imblying
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zgMD5TiKvCk

>Gainex

Is this bait

You begin to form a brain in the womb user. Though in your maybe it was at 21.

Nope.
Fooly Cooly requires the viewer to be an easily amused underage retard to enjoy.

Overrated.

I watched this for the first time when I was 27 and still loved it, what the fuck are you guys talking about?

this really
but flcl was still one of the best, I'd say it ties with ttgl

Same here, I was 25. I was like second-hand nostalgia.

Not everyone is a useless piece of shit like you. Crazy, I know.
Also
>lol
you have to go back

>implying flcl is not gainex
is this bait?

While it's fairly obvious you can understand it at whatever age, since it's a good show.

I can understand the sentiment of getting 'more' out of it watching when you were a teenager, then again as an adult.

Personally I didn't really get much asides from the obvious references, the fight scenes, and a little bit of what was going on.

The Yellow Vespa confused the fuck out of me, and I didn't get the ED. A lot of the 'adult' stuff was lost on me.

Then watching it again as an adult and understanding not only the adult perspective, but understanding the teenangst better too.

So just being able to watch it again and relate very strongly.

FLCL was made by Gainox.

what is the deal with the vespa then? I never thought much about it. Is it supposed to be something about wasps and haruko 'stinging' people with her rickenbacker?

I'm not sure how an experimental show that's just a bunch of artists throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks is really something I'd call their best work.

it was just a thing someone on the staff had.

An old neat Vespa, I don't even think it ran.

When you're depressed and over worked you kind of latch onto things.

A bright yellow Vespa was one of them I guess.

Actually it's C3-bu

plebs

no, actually it's this
Jokes aside I genuinely believe this was one of the best things to come out of Gainax

to be honest, I haven't watched honeymayonnaise, gunbuster, shopping arcade, or EoE.

But the right answer is probably C3-bu or , just because I've realized that "serious" anime are shit except Oshii's stuff

still haven't finished it

I almost dropped it at ep3, then stayed for episode 4 and it picked up the pace and it become less episodic and the overarching plot starts to kick in.