ITT: Harems which would be better without the harem

Nah.

Harems always have a shallow story with characters that fall into cliches.

Just to clarify, I think Renai Boukun would've been a far more interesting series should Guri with the weird fantasy shit and unnecessary girls like Yuzu and Shikimi to be out of the harem.

Then we'll maybe have a good romance with all of the drama from Akane's arc that's better expanded.

>he hasn't read through Rokujouma
(LOL

>no guri
>dead

every harem ever

because the harem genre is utter trash, made for sad losers to self insert into a character where people like them for no reason at all

All of the girls in there were annoying. I have no idea what you mean.

You take that back. All Rokujoumas are fantastic and are all equally best.

Baisically urban Mushishi.

>Akane germinating MC-kun's dick since chapter one
>No-one to be jealous of so no yandere moments
>No rivals so they would be a couple
Nice 1 chapter story you got there.

Read the fucking manga. Her arc is the best with how her family is like.

But Shikimi a best. Best!!!

moot!

It's one arc and doesn't contradict what I said. Renai Boukun is too dumb to be a love story.

pic unrelated?

At the end it was mostly a battle manga than a harem manga anyways.

True. Her arc is so much better than the other girls. Guri's was OK but it was pretty damn boring when it tried to incorporate her mother which didn't work because we knew jack shit and we had little foreshadowing.
She's OK in terms of characters but I read through Akane's Arc so I became an Akanefag.

>a yandere knife-fighter teaches Guri-chan the true meaning of DEEP LOVE

Actually that arc would've made a pretty great romance series IMO. If we got Seiji managing to overcome Akane's circumstances then I'd bet it'd be great.

Vanadis.
Reading the LN it feels like all the haremisms are just tacked-on for the sales and the author just wants to wank over Medieval 2 Total War.

New chapter when?

Not to mention that none of the girls have any chance considering Ellen's position.

That's probably because he had to adapt the story to battle genre to keep it from becoming a sinking ship.

A similar thing happened to Medaka Box.

Every harem in existence.

Why couldn't it be just like the VN?

Harems which would be better without the harem: 0

Harems that would be better without the MC: 132546887009-=

Nah, he wanted it to be a battle manga from the start.
It was his publisher that wanted Love Hina Z.

Leave and never come back

Is it that bad? I don't have the patience for the VN but I really dig the girl with the long black hair.

harems don't work without a spineless mc because he'd fuck them right away and it'd be over

What did he do?

Crossboarding peice of shit.

Also she stabbed the MC once, and she didn't know that he was immortal.

If you didn't love this scene then please see a doctor to get the ice encasing your heart removed.

Harems>yaoi/yuri bullshit

If the harem is just 'there' and there's an overall story, sure.
Otherwise, I'd rather watch cute yuriisms.

Wtf?Did we even watch the same anime? Also did you read the LNs?
Sanae is just so damn adorable. I actually love both sides of her.

Golden boy

it would be 100% just about a guy exploring the world and finding himself instead of just finding new chicks to fall in love with him wherever he went

>did you read the LNs?
No because it was boring as shit.
This and almost every Akamatsu work.

fag. You just dont self-insert hard enough.

ALL OF THEM

I find it actually difficult to self insert in any story. I'm detached from ever self inserting, it's something I genuinely am not able to but I find myself attached to the characters so I root for them to win.

Though I won't consider myself a waifufag considering I've not had the urge to consider any of these characters a viable romantic interest.

Cuck.

Not self inserting is not possible, you reflect what you read, that's how a story gains meaning for the reader.
You've just been trained to believe that self -insertion is bad enough that you must put the refusal to self-insert before your ability to immerse yourself in a story.
Also, your definition of self-insertion is so bad that you must have gotten it from Sup Forums.

I see... Which in that case then, I don't think it's my mind being trained to think self insertion, I think it's more of the fact that I don't notice or I don't put enough emphasis to see how I would personally deal with the situations that these characters find them in.

I've not actually associated self insertion as being bad considering it's the ultimate way of immersion for many worlds and the stories that they share.

If you can't reflect off a story, then the story is meaningless, and you would be just as well off watching a cute picture moving and making cute sounds. This explains why you like girl based SoL.

Fuck you. Now I want this.