Why so much hate in SAO?

A normie fag whose is my friend asked me why there is so much hate on SAO, and I Even though there is a lot of hatred towards the series didn't know how to explain to him.

Mainly considering that it is not the only harem series with a op protagonist. Has become a meme to hate SAO? What I should say to him?

Learn to speak English, you fucking spic.

Nigga gets destroyed a lot and has a weakness exploited every 6 seconds.
Cringe at when the little virtual elf calls a 16-18 year old boy "daddy"
Shit is called SAO yet it isn't even SAO anymore
Cliches around every corner
The mc is an edgy faggot
Call your friend a fucking normie. Tell him he has shit tastes

Oh god that ai child part was so godawful it made me put it down for months. Finished it just because of time invested but goddamn it was shit.

Tell him the truth:
Kirito becomes a mary sue
Only the first half is good
The AI plot is stupid
Braking on game rules to defeat the final bosses are asspulls.
Almost every other character is useless and is forgotten
Asuna fall from a decent female main character to a cliche damsel in distress.

It's hated because it was a good concept wasted for a self insertion in hard mode. And even worst, because normalfags loved it.

Still better than One Piece.

Episode 3 aa person dies, its supposed to be a big emotional moment, but I cant remember who she was or what she did

OP protag isnt necessarily bad (see OPM, Superman) but both have supporting charecters who are somewhat competent. Does Asuna do anything except get saved?

Kirito's game breaking abilities carries over into a shooter game with poor sword mechanics. This was a great oppertunity to have kirito offbalance and grow as a person and a plyer (mastering another form of combat and actually relying on people)

The character growth is minimal, while Kirito stops being edgy and forms a party thats the only growth we get in the entire series.

Also >2 years of semen

the SAO hate is a meme

its an altogether good series with impressive production value (animation, music, sound design, art direction/character design) with some pretty glaring flaws that people won't ever let go of because of how much more popular it is than their favorite series

it's essentially Mishandled Opportunity: The Anime

the upcoming s3 though...

pls get out

He never watched it, just asked me

Non native, sorry for not writing
your shitty language well

It's shitty like your average anime of this sort, it's just immensely popular so so many people watched it which means more people who dislike generic mcshitty anime watched it

Should have ended season 1. Chose worst girl. Trusted thots. Bad ending to season 1 with them winning because bull shit

You can only hate it for what it is (instead of for what it has done; that's another matter) if you both strongly disliked it and yet forced yourself to watch to (or almost to) completion.

Me, I just dropped it when it turned bad (no more than 5 episode, can't remember exactly), so I don't hate it - I just dislike it.

Nice. Good attempt though man.

The truth is that for many normies SAO had a distinct moment where it became obvious how terrible it was, hence why many people got suckered in and then started to hate it.

Sup Forums always hated the show because it's Sup Forums.

Most Redditors/MALfags more or less liked SAO's first 13-14 episodes. Then Alfheim happened and now everyone shits on it. GGO disappointed people due to Sinon becoming the new Asuna. Mother's Rosario >>> The rest of the show though, most don't talk about it because GGO and Alfheim burned them out.

Wrong. It has flaws that you cannot let go because they come up after 3 seconds of eachother

ironic weeb taste, the same way they follow the meme to praise jojo and opm.

>normie
>ESL
>blog post
Kill yourself, cancerous newfag. Why the hell hasn't this thread been deleted?

It started as a good anime based on an MMO world where the focus point was completing the 100 floors raid. And it suddently became a fucking shoho focusing the whole thing on the love story.

they wrote off Sinon after one arc

because I haven't got any dubs yet

>Kirito becomes a mary sue
Became? At what point was he not Gary/Mary/Barry Sue?

Sunken cost fallacy

sao volume 18 has been out since last year, still can't find a jap pdf and translations take half a lifetime to come out.

It still makes me laugh that an abridged series does a better job in making me like Kirito than the actual writers.

>A normie fag whose is my friend asked me why there is so much hate on SAO
I'll try to respond without resorting to stale memes or the opions of e-celebs and base everything on my own experience watching the first season.

>The first episodes are decent. Despite some flaws (like everyone hating beta testers despite the fact that they wrote a fucking "how not to die" guide) the set-up is decent: teenagers are trapped in a game of death and need to find their way out
>Kirito is traumatized by losing the members of his former guild, especially Sachi. This is fine... except after episode 4/5 this is NEVER brought up again. This should be a major turning point in Kirito's character arc, but later on in the series it's treated as if this never even happened.
>Kirito starts an established and exclusive relationship with Asuna, yet there are still harem shenanigans. What use is a harem when the protagonist already has a steady girlfriend? It's useless pandering.
>Kirito gains an OP ability that makes everything a cakewalk for him. At first I believed the introduction of Heathcliff proved that Kirito wasn't the only one with a special skill and some had skills even stronger than his, which would give Kirito a reason to progress and try to surpass others, but it turns out that the ONLY player better than Kirito is the fucking creator of the game.
>The male side characters get little screntime and little development, because they're not haremettes.
>After Akayaba is defeated and asked for his motivations, his response is "I forgot lol". This practically invalidates the entire Aincrad arc and robs us of a satisfying conclusion.
>Alfheim is boring
>The antagonist of the Alfheim arc is a digital rapist. Yet SOMEHOW Kirito has the fucking balls to unfavorably compare him to Akayaba. Let me rephrase: the guy we're supposed to be rooting for thinks digitally molesting his girlfriend's in-game avatar is somehow worse than KILLING THOUSANDS.
This is why SAO offends me.

>only the first half is good
Uh you mean only the first episode is good?

For a "death game" story, I never got the sense that Kirito was in any real danger. Or that he even cared. For that matter, no one really acted like their lives were on the line. They were still dicking around in guilds and even actively trying to not beat the game so they could all escape.

It's incredibly poorly written. Just about every scene in the first arc has holes in it. The villain behind Sword Art Online outright admits he has no reason for why he trapped everyone in the game. The thing's a mess that was never meant to turn into a massive series. Later arcs are better, but still suffer greatly because the first one was so shit.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, the show is certainly a fantastic gateway anime. The musical composition is certainly top notch.

glop

Because it's cool to hate it.
Even normies hate it now.

I liked the show at least the MC wasn't that much of a faggot. Most people here were memed into hating this show just because it was really popular.

Swordland, and things like Luminous Sword are good, but it's by far Kajiura's worst OST

If kirito would have been a faggot then god damnit he would have atleast some form of character.

He is a guy that hides is level to be part of a guild...just to get them killed because he lied of his strenght and they overestimated their own power.
Did he learn something? Of course not the same thing happend later when he asspulled dualwielding while hiding it the entire time and take unessesary risk in a life or death matter. Putting other at harm in a game where people die for real....hello?

Then the whole think where the power of friendship overrites game laws was for me the biggest facepalm moment evar.

Are you new ? Most of us know that gooks can't into a good drama that's why we get all these asspulls on anime and Manga all the time.

First 5-6 episodes desu, It all went downhill after Asuna was like "lets get married"

>bad writing, many contradictions, ass pulls etc
>making everybody look bad just to live out the teenage power fantasy of that self insert character named kirito
>is suppossed to be strong because he's a beater but regarding the count of beta testers every 10th players should be a beater but it seems like the whole games is just about edgy fake black swordsman

and this is from the top of my head and only from the first course.

Thanks anons

Not a newfag, but ok user continue thinking like that

If you're unware of why SAO is shit You're pretty fucking new.

If our language is so shitty why did you and your people go through all the effort to learn it?

Most everyone has given good reasons why people hate it but you and your friend do not know good story telling and were just jazzed about the great production values. Its always easier for bad stories with good production values to become popular and successful than great stories with sub par production values.

>Character has an item that can revive a player who just died
NO WE WONT USE THAT
>Kirito instead just revives himself via willpower

oh..

>This is fine... except after episode 4/5 this is NEVER brought up again

Yes it is

>After Akayaba is defeated and asked for his motivations, his response is "I forgot lol".

He says that and then proceeds to give his (adnittedly dumb) reasoning

>Asuna fall from a decent female main character

Literally when lol

Im like 90% sure you're american

enjoy what you enjoy man.

>OP protag isnt necessarily bad (see OPM, Superman)
Reddit with no reaading comprehension detected. Superman is trash and OPM is deconstruction of the mary sue superhero trope.

It's a bad WN/LN/anime/whatever from a bad genre that made it popular.

First three episodes of SAO were great, then the show became a self-insert shitfest that dropped all aspects of the show that made it interesting in favor of a horribly presented plot that is somehow sidelined by Kirito's relationship with Asuna.

This show was great when it focused on kids being trapped in a video game and not on big Kirito's dick must be.

>OPM is deconstruction of the mary sue superhero trope.
No he isn't. He's ridiculously overpowered for comedic effect but he still embodies the characteristics of a mary sue. You could call the show a parody I guess but even that's a stretch.

>The musical composition is certainly top notch.

Hell no.

It's either SAO or Elemental Gelade.