At what moment did One Piece go from decent to excellent? What was the moment that really pulled you into it?

At what moment did One Piece go from decent to excellent? What was the moment that really pulled you into it?

Arlong Park

Everyone is just gonna say Arlong Park. With me it was Baratie. Don Krieg is cool and his fight is great, Sanji is neat and Mihawk was awesome.

Nami stabbing her tatt was nearly GOAT

From Arlong Park to Water 7 was excellent.

I understand disliking OP post-timeskip, but Marineford too? Come on, man.

This. Then it was solid gold until it went downhill after the timeskip.

Never. It went from above average to unwatchable for me.

Why did you suffer through it, then? Also, when did it become unwatchable?

I don't understand disliking OP post-timeskip. It's the same recipe as always only the plot is getting thicker.

It went from very good to "i'm addicted" with Sabaondy. Still am.

I'm still annoyed at Haki. I know it was technically a part of One Piece from the very first chapter and shown multiple times, but that kind of shit is so lame.

I initially liked it. The premise seemed cool and the original cast held my interest. By the time they got to Brook, I couldn't bother to keep watching. I knew it was going to drag on for another 10 years, so I'll just wait for the end spoilers to drop on Sup Forums like I did with Naruto.

i think people are just mad that Luffy doesnt feel like the underdog anymore and therefor dont connect with it as well. but personally i love that we have gotten far enough to see our hero finally become the pirate he always aspired to be.

Luffy bullying cobby

we still know everything about haki, once we have all the puzzle pieces can we with any certanity say its pointless

Early One Piece was very simple but after the timeskip it feels like Oda is trying to fit as much as possible in each page and it ends up feeling messy, especially with so many characters and so much stuff going on. That's my general impression.

Luffy always kind of bounced back and forth between being an underdog. In terms of strength he was a Grand Line tier pirate from the start, basically overleveled in a sense. It wasn't until Croc that he was a true underdog.

He's clearly the underdog in the current arc. He's not only weaker than 1-3 antagonists but also heavily outnumbered.

Straw Hats flying up to sky island while first OP was playing.

"Plot is getting thicker" might just be one of the things people dislike. The basic formula might be the same, but the difference is clear. We start OP with pretty episodic formula going from Romance Dawn to Alvida, to Morgan, to Buggy, to Gaimon, to Kuro, to Baratie, to Arlong Park, to Loguetown without too much overarching plotline and Luffy just gathering core crew and taking his first steps. Then we have 100+ Alabasta story which started some of the major plotlines, but still had few short intro arcs and is largely self-contained. Then Skypiea arc starts and it really felt detached back in the days aside of the end of Jaya picking up the plotlines started in BW saga, and it keeps going like this until the war. Furthermore it was much more focused on the main cast than side-characters. PTS is different. after we left Fishman Island we basically had no break, detour, everything started in Punk Hazard leads directly to emperor confrontation. It's less about the adventure and the journey and more about the end goal now. Dressrosa suffered majorly just because it was more of a platorm to kickstart the plotlines of the second half of the manga than it was its own thing. And side characters are taking much screen time while main ones literally have to wait years for their time to shine. You may like it this way, but many people just fell in love with this simpler story of the past.

it's rehashed

I have friends that were fans before the series got licensed by 4kids.

I started watching with the 4kids dub, and they always talked about all the shit they changed. So I looked up fan subs online.

I think the Manga had just got to Enies Lobby when I started reading it after catching up on the Anime.