>16:6
>tumblr

Off yourself.

itt single frames of ancient OPs

Let's kick it up a notch.

Jibun

Heard

how could anyone not lose to these

yeah I heard the sound of a fat dude defecating behind a bathroom door because lain is shit

The Revolution is a personal revolution.

Both are victims of a patriarchal system that tells women that they can only fit into one box and it's a shitty subordinate box compared to what the men get. Anthy copes by trying to fit herself in the female shitbox. Utena copes by rejecting the shitbox and instead opting for the superior guybox. She considers that a revolution. The point of the show is that actually the guybox is shit and nasty and oppressive to others and calling that superior is just another form of misogyny. And also that people cannot be put into boxes. That's the real revolution.

With Utena's love and support, Anthy learns that she can be more than her box. She doesn't need a prince to save her, she doesn't need to put other people (especially men) before herself. She grows into a liberated woman.

Utena's lesson was that the (male) role is not a role model but a load of shit that lacks empathy, oppresses others, and treats others like objects. Anthy is not an object, she is her own person and Anthy can only truly save herself. It's unclear whether Utena learned this. When Anthy seemingly falls, Utena despairs over failing to fit into the guybox. Does she make the final revelation? Her story was possibly a tragedy.

Take My Revolution is Utena's words for most of the show. The show ends with Anthy setting off to bring a revolution to Utena. The story has also literally come full circle.

JIBUN WO!

>With Utena's love and support, Anthy learns that she can be more than her box. She doesn't need a prince to save her, she doesn't need to put other people (especially men) before herself. She grows into a liberated woman.
I just teared up. I need to do my yearly re-watch soon.

the only good thing about lain is the opening theme song.

>I am falling, I am fading
>I have lost it all
so good. too bad the show is total shit..

>patriarchal
>misogyny
>liberated woman
>Utena's lesson was that the (male) role is not a role model but a load of shit that lacks empathy, oppresses others, and treats others like objects
Imagine being so wrong in one post.

fuck lost

calm down there, xir...

youtube.com/watch?v=0Qqd6T_A9LY

The CHAMPION

I lost.

I want to Be-Papas

Heard

He has a point. A lot of the men in the show are victims of toxic masculinity and the pressure to fill their roles as men. It affects their relationships with women to the point where all of their relationships are extremely toxic and actually hurt them more than it hurt their partner.

I heard it just via the circle in the thumbnail. Christ.

CAN YOU HEAR

ZAAAANNNNNKOOOOKU NAA TENNNNSHII NO YOOOOOONIIII

Damn man .shing02 is really a good rapper.

Lost XD XD XD

GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GAL - O sengen

SUPER
SPECIAL

*farts*
Bonus points if you can smell it too

MOEAGARE

Well fuck killed by OP.

NE IMA

Heard nothing, guess that means I win

By not watching Sakura. Like myself

>Didn't hear Casshern Sins, S-Cry-ED, Getter, Eva or Urusei Yatsura

You either didn't click all of the images or you need to lurk for 2 years before posting. How the fuck would you not recognize at least Eva?

Mein Kaiser...

Maiya... Boku wa...

Utena was good when it focused on the main characters, but I could never watch it more than once because of all the recycled footage, filler episodes, and minute-long transformation sequences. It didn't need 39 episodes. And the movie was a pointless arthouse re-wank instead of a continuation of the story like I hoped.

Not sure why anyone would deprive themselves from an essential masterpiece like this.

Let's filter out some newfags

I recognized them, their themes never popped into my head is all
>Utena was good
This is just false.

Gladly.

It was good...
>when it focused on the main characters
it was bad when it focused on one-off side characters for entire episodes and egregiously recycled footage

I was gonna lose my shit if I had to hear
ZETTAI
UNMEI
MOKU-SHIROKU
one more time

Lost.

How can one show have such a great OP, yet such a shit ED?

RECKLESS FIYAH

Tell me about Miki
Why does he uses the stopwatch?