Why is genderbenging manga/anime so uncommon?

Why is genderbenging manga/anime so uncommon?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1065669/303165a8d9/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's everyone's fantasy

there is definitely never enough

theres really nothing left to do after boku girl happened

Yup, Ranma 1/2 made it popular, Boku Girl made everyone realize it was just another fetish.

He is living the dream.

I stopped reading Boku girl, what did it do?

It's actually pretty common. There's a lot less in the west in terms of relatively mainstream media.

>genderbend is always rape
>they always get mind broken even when they have a chance to turn back into a man

Wew lad

This, it's almost unheard of in any other medium, especially if we're talking full magical transformation genderswap.

>Oversaturation of rape and mindbreak in genderbender
I ranted on that for ages last time we had this thread, so I'm going to shut up this time, but I wholeheartedly agree that there needs to be a lot more variation.

Tea of Sagittarius is a godsend when you think about it.

Because its a super specific and unrealistic scenario with potentially transphobic implications? DUH.

There are way more realistic scenarios which happen less then "genderbenging""

Mai is a good girl.

Boy*
Mai has a big cock

The majority of hentai has the girl getting fucked until she loves the cock, so genderbending doesn't really stand out in this.

Though genderbending is ideally suited for mindbreak since a genderbent character has even more reason to resist the dick than a regular girl and mindbreak works better the more the character resists initially.

what did he mean by this outfit?

Mai's body is more feminine than most girls'.

One of her friends gave it to her to wear.

Thing*
Mai has shitting-dick-nipples

>still uses boku and ore as a girl

I liked that Mai switched to watashi from boku after her transformation. Though she started doing it because she wanted to hide the fact she used to be a boy.

Fuck, I forgot this was getting animated. Is it out yet?

When the gender bender ends up being a tomboy is the best

>implying fiction needs to be realistic
Yeah, good thing western fiction is grounded in reality. If not we'd have shit about space wizards with laser swords or rich guys dressing up as bats or wearing suits of armor to fight crime or some crazy shit. We all know that would never sell.

Personally I want more genderbender that falls into one of the following
>Boy is gay for other boy, other boy is straight, becomes a girl for him
The only case I know of is Strange Mansion.

>Boy becomes a girl, goes full yuri
There are more like this, but it's still rare compared to straight guy becomes girl learns to love dicks

>is smaller and weaker as a woman
>is easily overpowered by a guy grabbing her

Strange Mansion has the guy get a sex change operation so it's not quite the same as genderbending where a character is transformed into a biological woman.

Personally I love it when a genderbent character's mind also gradually turns into that of a girl to match their body and after struggling with that fact she succumbs to the urges of her new body and accepts that she's a woman.

I prefer they keep boyish traits

To be fair, that could be justified to an extent by the fact the character isn't really accustomed to their new body and can't use it as effectively.

Except it's almost always explained as a girl's body being weaker, sadly

It's pretty much the same shit, she just can't have kids. Which really, for japan isn't really much of a difference.

Just because a character likes boys and comes to consider herself a girl doesn't mean that she has to lose all her previous traits.

Mai has some boyish traits for example. E.g. she finds ninjas and transforming heroes to be very cool and she likes reptiles. Also she's brave and a skilled combatant and can be aggressive when she or her friends are threatened.

That's good

>Except it's almost always explained as a girl's body being weaker, sadly
They are.

>The only case I know of is Strange Mansion.
One of the Blue Drop manga does something like that, IIRC.

It's out but it's disappointing.

That's not necessarily the case.

If I put in half the effort any woman does at something I would be better than her at it.

Back to your containment board with you

Yeah, let's not do this, it's only going to end in shitposting like always. The entire premise is an absurd fantasy, none of that shit actually matters in the first place.

Theres lots of it, but the problem is they are all the fucking same, and they all take the comedy route which makes it goofy and cliche ridden and completely boring.

Fair enough.

Unless it does something good outside of corrupting the boy it only appeals to fetishists, and a niche fetish will never sell.

It can.

Twintails is more about being a hotblooded sentai parody rather than genderbending, all I'm just saying is it needs to be "Premise A with genderbending" rather than just genderbending some guy and working it from there, kind of like how Ranma was mostly wacky martial arts with genderbending on the side.

It finishedhe stays a girl and goes with his mans

Well there was Futaba-kun Change, which was basically Ranma but with slightly more focus on the genderbending aspect. Pity about the ending though, that was a mess.

I'm still butthurt over that ending

At least there was an ending, which is more than can be said for Ranma.

this is the best kind of genderbending

Old men (loli) are the future.

I'll do whatever I want; I'm a man, so I naturally overpower you.

LoliJJI is patrician.

>man
*fuccboi
Now bend over and take it, bitch.

>I can never press a button and just bend over and take it like a woman

GenderBender gives you those feels

Source? For research ofc:lennyface

NATSURU BEST GIRL

surprised I haven't seen this yet

>read 20 volumes of genderbender manga
>turns out the MC was never a boy, and was a girl from the beginning

FUCK YOU I FORGOT ABOUT THAT

boku wa mari?

Is Tea of Sagittarius missing, or am I just blind?

I didn't really care for Cheeky Angel anyway to be honest.

>Cheeky Angel was just false memory syndrome
Are you fucking kidding me. Thank god I didn't get more invested in that series, I'd have been pissed at the end.

Wheres this from?

Yeah. The MC had always been a girl but had her memories altered to think she was a boy.

I was rather disappointed by all the retarded crap those rich families were able to pull off. Even if you ignore the existence of police like the manga did, Megumi was from a really poeerful family too so she shouldn't have been an underdog.

Women are smaller and weaker though.

Drop it. The last thing this thread needs is this argument.

What argument is there about basic biology?

Boku girl is the gold standard for straight genderbender, but there are some similar manga that deal with changing gender which I can recommend.

Bokura no Hentai is about a transgender girl, so similar to Mizuki in a lot of ways. But it has a lot of the same story moments, such as starting to go to school in a girls' uniform. I really recommend this one if you're at all interested in LGBT themes in manga. I consider gender bender manga and transgender manga to be inseperable due to the protagonist either making peace with it or feeling intense discomfort with their new gender, so generally they're similar.

Nozomu Nozomi is short, but pretty similar to Boku Girl. The main character wishes to be a girl and becomes one, but keeps it a secret as they deal with the physical development of a pubescent girl. The art is really nice and its in full color.

Blazblue: Remix Heart doesn't really have the gender bending as the main story, but it is still a theme as the main character transformed into a girl a week before the plot, and gradually becomes a girl internally as well.

Finally, Shishunki Bitter Change isn't really gender bender, its a body swap manga, but it takes place over many years, with the main characters remaining switched all through middle school and into high school. I like this manga, because even though the main characters don't start to think as the opposite gender, it still deals with feelings of discomfort with your gender, for example: the girl in the boy's body feels discomfort about the size of her hands.

I think the beauty of gender bending is in either realizing that you wanted to be the chosen gender all along, or your thoughts and feelings realigning with your new gender. A lot of these manga deal with those themes of being at odds with your gender, which is something I bet a lot of you can relate to a little.

Mizuki should really have the transgender tag. In chapter 106, she discusses how she had always wanted to be a girl but suppressed and ignored those feelings.

You seemed to be too concerned with the whole trasngeder mindset. I just want to know which manga have the lewdest moments and moore interesting stories?

what was the point of dropping your trip if youre just going to be as obvious with your posting?

Cause nearly the entire board had filtered him. Even the spazziest, autistic attention hungry tripfags will drop it if they know their posts have become invisible to everyone.

Nozomu Nozomi is pretty lewd. But yeah I'm more into the mindset of it.

wow so filtering tripfags actually works?
who'd have thought

The genderbending was very important for Remix Heart's story; it's why Mai got sent to the academy where the story unfolds, why she was able to remain incognito despite being the heir to a powerful noble family and why the girls wentvaround the academy looking for a way to help her (even if they didn't know what exactly they wanted to help her with).

Also it was central to Mai's character arc since much of her inner conflict and her identity crisis stemmed from her transformation. And the climax of Mai's story involved her accepting herself as she was.

If anything I'd say that this manga places more emphasis on the psychology and inner conflict of the protagonist than the majority of genderbender stories.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I'd say it failed actually. I'd rather he put it back on so I don't have to see his autistic essays constantly repeated in every gender bender thread, and his stupid waifu in every single thread that's vague enough to warrant her.

Eh, I kinda disagree with you there. Yes it was important, but it often seemed to take a backseat to the overall story. Whereas boku girl has Mizuki discussing every single chapter about how she wants to return to being a boy, and is constantly put in awkward situations for a boy turned into a girl, Mai's story isn't really focused on the gender bending, rather than the search for the Azure Grimoire. I'd say its more the backstory for the manga than the actual plot of the manga, unlike Boku Girl that uses the gender bender as the plot.

Genderbend and trap manga are my favorite.
Could be wish fulfillment but I really enjoy them.

Back to /lgbt/ or your containment site with you, tumblrite

>being this triggered by common knowledge

look at the filename

True, not every chapter focused on the effects of Mai's transformation, but the manga did show Mai adjusting to life as a girl even if it didn't explicity draw attention to that.

For example, at first she didn't know how to choose clothes that fit her and was somewhat uncomfortable with womens' clothes, but she quickly learned how and got used to them. She initially thought of other girls as being different from her and didn't know much about how they acted towards one another but that gradually stopped as she spent time with them. She was initially embarrassed to be seen naked by other girls and vice versa but she got used to it and stopped minding after a while. At first she found it awkward to be hugged by her friends but towards the end she happily hugged them to show her affection. Early she didn't openly cry but later on she wasn't embarrassed to cry in front of others. She didn't show affection towards cute stuff such as the Torifune panda, but in Variable Heart she rushed to hug a young girl because she found her to be cute. And of course she stopped showing interest towards other girls and instead started being attracted towards boys.

And Mai accepting herself as a girl was the turning point of Mai's character arc and the point at which the manga concluded.

>this will never happen to you
I don't feel despair, only emptiness

It's gay as fuck and degenerate and basically you should kill yourselves.

>Accepting being turned into a woman
What a gay, he never deserved his dick to begin with then.

She decided that she was happier that way, so why would she want to turn back?

Which gender bent character has the best butt?

I would accept it whole-heartedly

Ranma was very much normie level manga and anime

I can't find it, what name is it under?

Oh baby, look what went up yesterday.

exhentai.org/g/1065669/303165a8d9/

Boys getting turned into sexy girls and becoming sluts is really hot.

Post your favorite pandas.