Africa's unending state of poverty is due to IQ. Prove me wrong, let's debate

Africa's unending state of poverty is due to IQ. Prove me wrong, let's debate

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not history lad

Already three threads about this on the catalog you illiterate Sup Forums retard. And it's not even a /his/ topic.

Saged and reported.

More humanities than history, but also very history related.

Impiety*

I'm not from Sup Forums, nor do I believe what they believe. It just seems a bit ridiculous to say the intelligence of a population has no factor in the welfare of where said population is.

>muh Charles Murray
>muh redpill blacks r dumb
Posting in ebin bread XPPPPPPPP

Not really.

If I make a thread about how the muslim world is stagnant due to inbreeding causing retardation it’s Sup Forums or /sci/ material.

And to be fair bait threads like this always boil down to caps lock and accusations of everyone being jewish.

Polite sage for quality.

What subject within the humanities?

You're saying lack of reverence or religion in Africa is the problem? Africa is very, very religious and tribal, so much so that it's a detriment.

>Le LARPing Christian meme xD
KYS

Alright, I probably should've asked /sci/, but I'm not trying to bait. Lack of collective intelligence and education in Africa is undoubtedly a problem, at least in my opinion. This doesn't mean I hate blacks/Africa. At all.

Your graph is anti-semitic
any religion other than shiite islam and judaism is wrong. Since they don't practice either very much they're impious, and thus poor.

Social sciences? Culture?

What a terrible thread

>Humanities
>Culture
Social sciences aren't part of the humanities, go ask /sci/.

People just get too fucking sensitive. I can accept criticism that this probably should've gone on another board, but people scream Sup Forums!!!!!!!111 every time one of their big red buttons are pressed.

I know you are trolling but Israel is very secular too. All wealthy nations are.

The importance of religion in a society decreases as its wealth increases.

>Social sciences aren't part of the humanities, go ask /sci/.
>what is anthropology

'religiosity' is a a made up word. And you can just look at countries to know how pious they are. By their works. That graph might have measured -something- but it wasn't piety. And I know it didn't, because muslims don't beileve in their gods and murder each other for thought crimes. which is impious.

What about poor Whites in Norh America? Poor whites in Europe? Poor Asians in East Asia? Poor Jews in Israel?
What about the Nigerians who move to the West to become doctors? The American blacks who become business men? The Indians who wipes their ass with their hand yet also provide great Medical and Science professionals?
My friend had an IQ of 148 (a test provided by his doctors), but he was a fucking loser who did drugs constantly and barely knew hygiene.
Stop thinking IQ means shit and think about things like the surroundings that these people grow up in that result in them being dummies.

>My friend had an IQ of 148
ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE
NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF THE AVERAGE
NOT ADMISSIBLE IN DEBATE

I WIN AGAIN!

The IQ statistics Sup Forumsboys usually use for talk about Africans are based on post-industrial post-Cold War European populations. If IQ really does make that big a difference, why wasn't sub-Saharan Africa at the same level of growth and trade as their contemporaries in the middle ages? The only reason is that either Africans were inexplicably even dumber then, or that IQ isn't the primary or a major factor in determining successful statehood.

>Europe is great!
>turn out to be german scum
maybe Europe isn't all cracked up

Of course IQ will be vastly different at the level and analysis of an individual. But demographics are analysed by general collectives, not individuals. Even liberal philosophers like Sam Harris agree that IQ is about 50 to 80% genetic. I'm not trying to be racist or bigoted towards African people, this is just a scientific fact agreed by most of the scientific community.

I don't hate blacks or anything but it's clear as day. There's an intelligence gap between sub-saharan negroes and neanderthal-homo sapien hybrids (whites, browns and asians)

Every single intelligence test ever shows there's a significant difference. That doesn't mean negroes are bad people.

>im a subhuman euromutt that descends from trolls and beilevs in evolution
eww

>subhuman
Pot meet kettle

>liberal philosophers like Sam Harris
>Sam Harris
>liberal

Harharharhar

Is this graph intended to show us that the US knows what we're doing after all?

isn't IQ a product of the environment and not the other way around?

i don't see how you could make Africans smart without changing their diet, daily routines and living conditions.

Well societal growth relies a lot upon climate and the use of animal labour.

Could be that African regions never hit the sweet spot of those two factors required for massive social growth.

This type of growth is exponential in nature, so once you get the right factors in the right spots, societies explode in growth.

By the time Africans would have had those factors in right places, bam, colonialism (one could argue).

Lynn's IQ bumbers are literally made up.
If you read his paper, he explains most countries had "no data", so he "extrapolated" the results based on an average of their neighbours.

Literally worthless.
Pic related is the latest Lynn map and a link is provided refuting it.

Yes you are correct. People us IQ as a way to justify Darwinism or Eugenics, and are certifiably dumb and deserve to be lined up themselves.

I'm not sure this is a /his/ topic, more a /sci/ one, but the evidence is clear.

Men lie, women lie. Numbers do not.

No matter how you measure it, even when the socio-economic factors are eliminated, people of Sub-saharan African descent score significantly lower in IQ tests when compared to pretty much any other ethnic group.

There are exceptions, but they are on the narrow point of a bell curve.

The environment does seem to have an impact on one's IQ. However, research shows that IQ stays the same for the most part. For example. A black child adopted by white parents will, generally speaking, have a very similar IQ to their kin who haven't been raised by whites. And Vice Versa

Neanderthal admixture can't possibly explain the IQ difference between Indo-Europeans and Africans. Nearly everyone with any Neanderthal DNA has barely a fraction of a percent of it in their genes; even if every last trait expressed by those genes correlated to intelligence, it wouldn't explain those who don't have any.

Unrelated to this point, people react harshly to these discussions because they're almost always used as justifications for treating Africans like they're animals. I can't imagine that most opponents of this would disagree that genetics has no impact on intelligence whatsoever. They more likely believe that genetics has MUCH less of an impact on the development of Africa than geography and politics did.

IQ isn't going to shoot up across a few generations, since it's actually genetic in part.

For some populations it can rise and fall quickly due to developmental and nutritional factors(see certain European countries), but the potential remains. For a racial group that hasn't managed to reach higher points naturally though, it makes sense to me that it's harder to increment their IQ.

You make a good point. I think the African demographics have been given a dirty slate to begin with, geographically and otherwise. The big obstacle is getting out of the state they are in.

The richest guy in history was an african. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali
Africa now is a shithole, but history isn't just the last two centuries.

Donald Trump is a rich man.

Your point?

>claims to control for parenting etc
>doesn't

I am aware of Mansa Munsa. I would say he owed his success to the abundance of gold in his kingdom more than his wit.

>lowest average IQ country has one of the region's highest GDP per capita measures

This is your brain on psychometrics and scientism. Your own fault you psychologists swallow any kind of bullshit so long as your discipline appears 'scientific' regardless of having actual brain behind it. What an irony that the greatest conglomeration of mind that is the intellgentsia class can produce one of the greatest stupidity in human history, in an era of rampant worship of science, that are only used to perpetuate age-old prejudices, misconceptions and philosophical dead-ends, only being kept alive on the payroll of the most dishonest of them all.

Oh but feel free to forget everything the next time you make this thread, like a demented senile old man. You will be born-again into another 'new on /his/, first time making this thread' guy gain and nobody will bat an eye to this, because the ones that bark the loudest and longest win in the end, in this day and age.

Good night.

Larger version, sorry.

During Antiquity and Middle Ages Africa was one of the richest continents - Ancient Egyptians, Karthago and Mali.
I have just a great dislike if people say . it was always like that, because it wasn't. History didn't began 200 years ago and it will not end in 200 years.

>hahaha lets have another politics thread
Reported and saged

wow. How can someone speak so much yet say so little?

>what is oil?
Lynn discovered that IQ correlates perfectly with race. A few oil rich states are the exception that proves the rule.

it's not a politics thread.

>with race
With wealth I mean. But race too. Heh

IQ is virtually irrelevant compared to other factors

It may or may not be, but one might ask how Northern Europeans went from forest barbarians to Newton, Euler, and Gauss in less than 2000 years. If they could do it, perhaps so can Africans.

MODS=GODS

FUCK OFF /his/ CANCER REEEEEE

Niggers are protohumans, not rocket science here OP don't overthink it

Just delete the fucking thread, this is old news to Sup Forums

Have this thread been kicked out of /bant/ lol?

>nvm

IQ is based off of cognitive ability not intelligence. Niggers lack both of this. Hence why niggers were handed everything to them by Europeans and turn their countries into shitholes after the Europeans leave. Niggers can't manage anything.

Wealth also correlates with climate.

Correlation =/= Causation

The butthurt /his/ mods strike again!

It's a perfectly legit subject to discuss but it's not history and it's not fucking humanities. Why can't you keep your shit on this board where it belongs?

Bait Bait Bait!!! MSM needs headlines #releasethememo is racist!!! Racist i tell ya!! 4ch is racist!!! Mah Racists!!!

lol..NO, it doesn't. Australia is hotter than 3 Hells in the desert yet they are in the highest GDP. Its really based on melanin. The lower the melanin, the richer the society, the higher the melanin, the poorer the society.

Australia is in the temperate climate zone retard. The hotter parts are basically empty.

Pic

No, Corky, its not. The continent is in the hotter part. PERIOD. You can't pick & choose states counties when you talk about GDP.

Take the nigger cock out of your mouth, remove the balls from your eyes and read a little more.

again, its a continent. You can't pick & choose cities when talking GDP per country. I swear democrats are dumber than coons.

>Africa's unending state of poverty is due to IQ.
It's due to intelligence, aggression, time preference, and conscientiousness.

IQ is a metric, not a trait. You don't have an IQ, you get a score on a particular IQ test that you took on a particular day.

People say "IQ" when they mean "intelligence", but it's only a metric meant to capture intelligence. It has many deep-rooted flaws and biases, especially the prior constraint that the mean scores for men and women must come out equal (though the distributions for both sexes don't need to be the same). This requires elaborate, creative deviation from the goal of measuring intelligence, since the raw mental performance of men and women is so different and one-sided. Rather, other traits such as sensitivity to expectations (and willingness to conform to them) factor highly into the score. IQ tests are loaded with questions that have no objectively confirmable correct answers, testing how much you care what the test designer was likely to have thought was "best", and are very boring, so the patience at obediently doing unchallenging, repetitive, seemingly pointless tasks when told is tested.

Don't let your desire for confirmation of the obvious let them trick you into endorsing IQ, a feminist metric.

Of course. People who lived in easymode climate didn't have to deveop high IQ to survive.

Nothing to debate. Didn't invent the wheel until the 1800s when the British gave it to them. Brits could have massacred 90% of their population and they would still be better off than if they were supposed to rely on their own tech and societal organization. Always feel bad for the few that were smarter than the rest over there but they were always put down.

It matters when +90% of the population lives in the temperate area, retard.

It has plenty of arable land which allowed it to develop into an agricultural powerhouse which gave it a headstart in economic growth... same as Canada, New Zealand, America, Argentina, etc, etc. Europeans moved to these regions because they were good to raise food crops.

Tropical crops like coffee, rubber, or tobacco are typically labour-intensive, which explains why Europeans would rather bring slaves or indentured labour to these regions to work these cash crops. This made the tropical regions into extractive colonies, which meant little investment in infraestructure, an uneducated population, more social inequality and less institutional development.

In temperate regions, tradicional food crops could be farmed instead (wheat, corn, rye, etc), which attracted European yeomen and farmers. This turned temperate regions into settler colonies, and encouraged colonizers to invest more in them as it was their own people moving there. This better infraestructure, combined with a more educated population, better institutional development and greater social equality, has an overall geometric effect on economic development.

>poverty in Africa due to IQ
Yes, it's due to high IQ westerners.
This is classic Wittgenstein's Ruler. What is measuring what?
If we didn't extrapolate time and humanity beyond the seasons and the immediate family, we wouldn't be intervening deus ex machina to culture other parts of the world beyond their natural population limits. There wouldn't be millions more starving Africans every year, because they'd have a natural life and death cycle in tune with nature.
Every abstract problem, every existential threat, every third world "crisis," simply wouldn't exist in the first place if it weren't for the cancer of high IQ.

>IQ is a metric, not a trait.
It measures your capacity for abstract thought.

So you're saying Harris is a liberal

IQ and poor impulse control are not necessarily the same thing. Someone can have low IQ and be very hard working and productive in society, but someone with poor impulse control will always create more strife than good.

>>IQ is a metric, not a trait.
>It measures your capacity for abstract thought.
There are three problems with this claim.

1) Your score is your willing performance on a certain day. If, one day, you line a lot of people up and have them run a 40-yard dash with no reward for high performance, some of them will just walk it, some will limp it because they have sore leg, many will take it at an easy jog, some habitual athletes will run it like they're going for the ball in a recreational soccer game, and a tiny few will pour their heart and soul into it and run like their life was on the line. People don't have a 40-yard dash time written on their bones that you can say you measured just because they were told to run a 40-yard dash. With different incentives and preparation times, the same person might give dramatically different results.

2) As I previously explained, IQ is seriously compromised with this requirement that male and female scores come out the same on average. Since men have rather strikingly greater capacity for abstract thought, this means the tests are designed in many ways to carefully *avoid* the measurement of capacity for abstract thought.

3) "Capacity for abstract thought" isn't a single-dimensional trait, which people have more or less of. One person might be better at solving spacial puzzles, another might be better at solving puzzles about network relations. One person might have a capacious short-term memory and ability to rapidly manipulate a complex model in his head but poor long-term retention and inability to accumulate a vocabulary of abstract concepts, another might have a great long-term memory but only be able to puzzle through complex models slowly and laboriously with the aid of scrap paper. As in performance of the body, boiling intelligence down to a single number is a fool's errand.

I'm not saying that black Africans are actually intelligent. The obvious is true. But IQ is a poor tool.