Why is reverse harem such a dead genre compared to others Sup Forums?

Why is reverse harem such a dead genre compared to others Sup Forums?

Because apparently girls have better taste in anime than boys.

because it's shit, but since the general populace of anime watchers can't self-insert like they do in usual harem they actually see it's just bad.

you just posted literally the only good in existence. It was never a real "genre".

Star driver.

OP BTFO

Otogames are shit and reverse harem mangas are not a thing

Otome games are more popular than otome anime simply because the latter just doesn't get the kind of budget it needs to be good. Which is kind of mind boggling when you consider how popular the former actually is.

As an unrelated example, Dramatical Murder was extremely popular. The game sold well, there were mountains of fanart and doujins and the few figures they released sold out fast. And yet, when it came to the anime, there was hardly any effort put into it. I can only guess that it has something to do with women still not being considered a major demographic for anime but that just doesn't make sense considering that quite a few shonen series only got as popular as they did BECAUSE of its female audience. Stuff like Kuroko no Basuke, Yuri on Ice and Osomatsu-san should be proof enough that women are a big market if you'd only put in the effort but I guess its easier to just keep churning out the same moe shows every season with minimal budget and animation so you can keep draining the male otaku.

Either way, I'm interested to see how Code:Realize turns out in the fall because it looked like it may have actually gotten a decent budget but you can never be too sure with the way they cherry pick for PV's.

That's not really reverse-harem. That's just 90% of the cast being total sluts. And I love it.

Because watching a group of men lusting over one generic girl and not even attempting at fighting each other to get her is the most pathetic thing you can ever witness on earth.
I'm not even sure girls like it, they would certainly rather watch the guys make out with each other instead.

You don't understand a shotacon's heart

Thank god.

That reminds me of how I wish the Kenka Banchou Otome anime had gotten episodes of normal length. I think the setting is pretty interesting and her interactions with the boys are fun.

Is ouran worth reading? Im up to chapter 30, does it get any better?

Watch the anime, its different but in a good way.

Yes, but then worse because not enough Haruhi

It seems girls would rather see two boys kiss then a harem around a girl.

Didnt the bitch love the two boys and couldnt choose one
Even in harem series the male mc love one girl more

What about Utapri? Utapri

Wasn't the ending sequence the MC winning?

Seeing as he got to "deflower" her?

And both of the guys had their own harems. Which in turn consisted of more sluts and so on. We're not even talking about a love polygon here. The infatuation chart for that show could have been drawn by an autistic 5yo with too many crayons and too much time.

Not really. I mean, you can interpret it that way, but it kind of goes against the rest of the imagery and her narration of the ending.

Which is a shame in general. The ending was the only thing that let me down in that show. The rest was 10/10.

I want a Tauburn kit badly. Also I completely forgot the ending monologue so there was that.

There were so many great designs in that show. M favorite one was probably Kanako's Betraida.

Its dead in anime because shoujo in general is a dead demographic in anime. Also harems are kinda bad, because the whole setup often ends up stalling romantic progress which is just cancer in shoujo (its cancer in shounen too but you know). How much time is wasted in Ouran while Tamaki realizes he ~doesn't love Haruhi has a daughter~? (wtf).

Saiunkoku Monogatari, Kami-sama Hajimemashita, Fruits Basket, Fushigi Yuugi, Hakuouki, Kiniro no Corda , Diabolik Lovers, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge, Shugo Chara (and yes Ouran) etc. all have anime. There are tons in otome games obvs and a decent amount of manga original too.

Fruit basket was the best she only loved one boy till the end others no

It is very good, I think they don't do too much fencesitting and make the secondary characters and relationships and overall meta plot interesting enough.

The more a harem fencesits and tries to juggle multiple "what ifs" the more it stagnates and the worse it gets.

Fujos prefer homoshit now instead

Women don't want a big mob of dicks. They want the biggest, strongest, top tier dick available.

Fujos always prefer homoshit that's why they are called "fujos". (Also how often do fujos go for shounenshit instead?)
However there are still plenty of women who aren't fujos (aka women of taste) who enjoy anime. Jsyk.

>girls no longer like harem anime aimed at them
>girls now like anime with a cast composed of mostly men, usually in a sports setting, who have hamfisted homoerotic encounters constantly.
>better taste in anime

Nay.

Haremshit is the worst genre, literally anything else is better.
>women who aren't fujos (aka women of taste)
Shoujoshit is the second worst genre.

Often shounen and sports are very popular because the cast is 90-99% guys fighting and hanging out.

>obsessed with wanting women in control of the market

WHY

>Shoujoshit is the second worst genre.

Shoujo is amazing also. Women of taste are not limited to shoujo but can enjoy heterosexuality and even non-sexual stories, regardless of demographics.

Yeah its mostly asexual shounen protag boys hanging out. Which is fine, but then fujos want to project all their weird sexual hangups onto them and it just grosses me right out. Ugh. Ew.

Because fuck sluts.

Deflower? You mean kiss?

He means he got to break her seal.

Oh right
It felt like she liked him more anyway, she even refused to kiss blue guy

Did you just imply fujos can't enjoy het or non-sexual stories?
Also shoujo is shit and you have bad taste for liking it. It's full of cliche annoying heroines and boring rants. If you're thinking of good het stories it's called josei.

>Did you just imply fujos can't enjoy het or non-sexual stories?
They certainly don't seem to. They """enjoy""" non-sexual stories by projecting all their weird hangups onto it and sexualizing the asexual male characters.

>Also shoujo is shit and you have bad taste for liking it.
Lol you have shit taste. How many shoujo have you read?

>It's full of cliche annoying heroines and boring rants. If you're thinking of good het stories it's called josei.
The difference in josei and shoujo is literally just a label. Josei has just as much "cliche annoying heroines" (wtf) and """""boring rants""""". Its not like shounen vs shoujo where you can make some pretty big generalizations to differentiate the two. There's zero difference in josei and shoujo. Who do you think you are fooling?

Quick give your 10 favorite josei.

Shoujos with more guys than girls are only as good as their main girls, hence why there are so few good ones. Ouran, Oresama Teacher and Chihayufura are excellent

God, you're just hopeless, beyond salvation. Shoujo is disney tier stories for little girls. I fail to see how any grown up person can enjoy these.
Of course I didn't read many shoujos, I stopped reading it when I was older than 13.
Btw I remember you, you're that mentally insane shoujofag, that shitposts about that shit genere in every thread.
I didn't say josei is a good genre just a little less cringy.
Also:
>sexualizing the asexual male characters
>asexual
>lol no u
You have to go back
Jesus even these two pics you posted make me want to puke, gross and cringey.

The most you can say is that josei is a more smut-oriented. Even then shoujo has plenty of smut (Black Bird, Anatolia Story, Momoiro Heaven, Suki tte Ii na yo), so eh.

If anything shoujo has the better protags.

>Shoujo is disney tier stories for little girls.
Oh geez nevermind you are trolling.

>Jesus even these two pics you posted
The second one was from a josei, one of the biggest josei romances there is, if not the biggest. If you've ever read a single josei you'd know that.

As a female, I don't want this gay shit. I just want something that has cute romance.
More than a reverse harem, I'd rather see the boys all get paired off with a nice girl all for themselves.
I'd rather watch Gekkan-shoujo Nozaki-kun than Yuri on Ice, but then again I'm not a fujoshit.

>Oh geez nevermind you are trolling.
Keep living in your delusion if you like it. But you'd better grow up and stop reading "romantic stories" for little girls, that's embarrassing.
>If you've ever read a single josei you'd know that.
I think I mentioned already that I don't read shit.

>aka women of taste
>tfw every other female anime fan I know IRL is a fujo
Are they smart enough to never talk about anime IRL?

>Did you just imply
Found the fujo

>I don't read shit.
If you don't read shit you don't know shit.

I would assume so yes. Personally I don't know any IRL "anime fans" outside of my family (me, my sisters and my mother) and we are all women of taste. [

Also I feel like I'd be grossed out to see fujo irl.

He's talking about josei

I like both fujoshit and non-fujoshit but it just seems like a good idea to not talk about that sort of stuff in real life either way, especially when there are normalfags around.

So much cockyness and lack of self awarness in one post. Disgusting.

Art college is a gathering of the worst sorts of people.

No I'm not, josei and shoujo are pretty much identical with josei being (often but not always) smuttier and shoujo having a larger variety of stories which (often but not always) have the protags still in highschool.

Anyone who tries to talk about any grander differences between josei and shoujo is a liar.

Oh god you just reminded me that Nana is still not finished and will probably never get finished

Why does it seem like the best josei are adapted into live-action instead of anime?

You literally admitted to not reading shit, how am I supposed to even pretend to humor your opinion now?

Haha you're so witty(no). I said I don't read shit aka shoujo now. I read it when I was 10-13, and now I'm embarrassed to even admit it, these stories are predictable, boring and cliche and if you're honest with yourself you'll admit it as well.

Anime is a dying industry for manchildren.

Many Josei (or any other non-action series aimed at non-manchildren) usually doesn't really benefit from an animated adaptation and does just as well with live action.

Well Nana was adapted into both.
Pic unrelated; good shoujo

Nana is a shoujo.

Chihayafuru, Nodame Cantabile, Gokusen, and Kuragehime did get both though.

Manga is an ever-changing medium. I'm sure there are some recent shoujo that would interest even you, just hiding behind older shoujo in the search bar.

was meant for Also lol what shoujo did you read when you are 10-13? There are shoujo for girls of all ages with a variety of themes, genres, settings, and levels of character depth.

But you "don't read shit" so.

>And yet, when it came to the anime, there was hardly any effort put into it.
The same thing happened with KanColle and a lot of popular video game adaptations. It's not that they didn't take the female demographic seriously, the anime is just there to advertise the VN so they can make more money from the VN and merchandise.

Is it?
Everytime Utapri comes out outsells everything.

And every time there's more focus on just the guys themselves, not their relationship with the avocado.

>Reverse Battle Harem a la Asterisk, IS, DxD and so on
AOTYAY

Same. I like everything as long as it's interesting and the men/women are hot.

I'm still waiting for an ecchi show aimed at women.

I just want a decent shoujo manga thread but that crazy cunt who loves abusive husbandos is always there.

Because it's not a good genre.

Ouran being good is an exception. It's good DESPITE being what it is rather than because of it.

How would that work? Lady tits and ass aimed at women or some sort of male fanservice? It's so uncommon I'm not sure what that'd look like outside of fujoshit.

Just the same thing that happens in ecchi aimed at men but with the genders flipped. You know, like extreme clothing damage, butt shots and compromising positions and all that. Whether it's all-male or with a female lead and her male harem doesn't matter to me.

cuz its gay desu

Free?

So girls basically like CGDCT but with guys and with an extra dose of homo. Can we just say that otaku and fujos all have shit taste? I don't see much difference between them.

I don't know about dead hreverse harems' popularity, but watching them with Sup Forums was fun, though they get boring really fast.

I'd like an adaptation of Geten no Hana, Hotaru is super cute, but seeing how shitty reverse harems get I get scared.

There's also Fruits Basket which is also a great anime.

>Personally I don't know any IRL "anime fans" outside of my family (me, my sisters and my mother) and we are all women of taste.
Nothing else to add to the conversation you're having but literally kill yourself. This is Sup Forums, and if you're posting here you have shit taste by default. Also stop acting so high and mighty because you're not a fujo. The fujos in Sup Forums maybe shit, but the ">btw i'm a girl" attention whores are the lowest of the low.

Fruits Basket wasn't a harem. Almost everyone got a girl, even Yuki.

I am better than fujos.

You can hairsplit about the definition of a harem, but Furuba pretty much always tagged/listed as one. I think because she's surrounded by men, and at least multiple men have romantic or quasi-romantic feelings for her though. (Yuki eventually gets to that ~I love her like a mother~ stage but that's not til later and its the author wrapping up loose ends)

But yeah pretty much everyone gets paired up by the end, save poor Momiji and Kagura. Mitsuru and Ritsu was the stupidest imho.

I still remember as a younging feeling injustice from no season two of Fruits Basket and Ouran, but it did motivate me to read manga to finish the stories.

At least Fruits Basket and Ouran both do their best to put on a nice little anime-ending. You can walk away from both feeling good.
Unlike some shit like Maid-sama.

Interestingly enough, when the anime has a satisfying ending I am more likely to seek out the manga. When the anime has a garbage ending it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I won't ever read the manga either.