What does Sup Forums think of Paranoia Agent?

What does Sup Forums think of Paranoia Agent?

I feel this this show does not get the attention it deserves since the animation is beyond amazing, but it was a HUGE mindfuck of a show.

One of my favorites. What's your interpretation of the show?

I tried it expecting perfect blue levels of fuckery but for some reason it just didn't hit and i dropped it. But thanks for the reminder, defenetely will give it another go.

It's one of those anime that has to find its voice in the middle but the conclusion is very satisfying if very open to interpretation.

Third favorite show of all time and first favorite Kon work

One of the first anime I ever watched and still one of my favorites.

Back in the day, Sup Forums kind of snubbed it because it was considered entry-level.

I really love it, its probably my favorite Satoshi Kon thing.

But its not that HUGE a mindfuck of a show. Wtf does "mindfuck" even mean in this context?

I love it, it's a really good critique of our society.
Or at least that's my interpretation.

It's been a long time since I've seen it and I don't remember much of what actually happened but I liked it a lot.
Will probably re-watch sometime soon.

What does that critique entail?

Kinda is. Everyone knows it's good and recommends it. This is like asking Sup Forums what it thinks of Cowboy Bebop. Gee I wonder.

i hate poinless mindfuck anime like lain , should i bother with this ?

You should quit anime.

kon is very sophisticated, but since paranoia agent is a little bit of a mix of several of his formerly rejected ideas, i would recommend watching perfect blue etc first. the suicide party episode is one of the best episode of any series (not even animated only) of all time tho

It was ok, I never like when a serious anime turns wonky tho, so I don't really liked how the end peisodes were shown. But the concept was cool.

People's behaviour in general.
How easy is to manipulate them, the facades they put, the fear of social failure, etc.

I should rewatch it to remember everything though.

I enjoyed it, though the last episode was confusing. Was the thing attacking the city even real? A tulpa?

Glad to see lots of anons like it! I watched it in Adult swim back in the day and ended up falling in love with it. Turned out to be a much deeper show then I orinially thought since I caught it on TV when young and went back to rewatch or way back in the day.

I don't remember everything just that the show is a huge mindfuck and there was layers upon layers of metaphors and such.

Its mainly about Japan and culture in general who shrug off problems and allow them to fester. And much more. It shows how the festering allows for bigger demons to create more problems out of easily avoidable ones but that is just one of MANY interpretations, on the surface it seems simple but so much more going on

It's open for interpretation, but I'm sticking with the theory that it was real, since I doubt raving civilians would be able to cause as much structural damage as shown in the aftermath.

Creepiest opening of all time.

People don't really talk about it because it was wildly popular and help as a cult classic in the west, but Japan didn't receive it as well. It's just a loved by critics but media had already explored its themes quite a bit in Japan, whereas the west was sort of on that hype train when it reached us.

Indeed, very unsettling.

Also the English dub is actually FANTASTIC!

Somewhat disappointed at the supernatural ending, if the thing was even real in the first place.
There's also the mysterious old man who was just, well, there. He drew the number 501(?) on a parking lot(?) with chalk, and soon after the two detectives went to an appartment no. 501. There was lots of other stuff connected to him and I remember it not really going anywhere or at least me not seeing the point of all that.
Anyway, I am still kind of mad at myself that I didn't notice the lack of shadows in the suicide episode.

First half is nearly perfect, like 9.8 perfect, but the script steadily quality drops that point onward (with a few exception of course).

Where did you feel the quality dropped or started dropping?

That makes sense, but I felt it never really got that popular in the west but it's a well known name

I still love how beautiful the animation is. So fluid and beautiful

The show's about coming to terms with reality, and almost every American is opposed to that.
I'm driving this dumpster fire until it's out of gas.

You know, looking back at it your right they never explain the old man.

I do remember he was the master under that one detective who was the "chosen one".

I assumed he was one of the few individuals who knew that Tsukiko was the source for everything. Since he reacts to her when she passes.

I still don't know the full extent of his character though and it's not full explained

My guess is that the old guy is similar to "Radarman" and thus has to guide the new Radarman which was the detective.

Actually looking back if you remember that, lil slugger was a manifestation that actually become a phsical embodiment after the city kept relying on the lil slugger narrative to get out of lots of shit

I think the creature was actually people going insane and trashing the town itself because after the halfway poojt, the viewers are basically part of the world rather than seeing from the outside.

Just like lil slugger never existed, I feel it was the same for the creature at the end which was probably just people losing their minds.

There is tons of different interpretations to this show Its insane.

It's the classic 2D4U normalfag show.

>My guess is that the old guy is similar to "Radarman" and thus has to guide the new Radarman which was the detective.
My guess too. History has its way to repeat itself, after all.