Why are liberals so obsessed with popular culture?

I've seen this shit (and similar) several times today.

This isn't relatable or is it?

they need some sense of unity in their pathetic lives so they cling onto mob cultures which is why twitter is 70% leftist

Because they can't look to reality to validate their beliefs.

Ormaybe let me rephrase that question:

Why are liberals so obsessed with bringing popular culture into politics?

Same question could probably go the other way around as well.

Without Harry, wouldn't Hermione have died to the troll in the bathroom?

women were invented to be man's helper so this is fine

What's the message here?

Same reason you're all here clinging on to your own small mob culture and reassuring yourselves.

People need a religion, communism, christianity, paganism, natsoc, etc. The religion of the modern man is consumerism.

at least i keep my autism to myself

In a liberal democracy, appealing to the people's lowest common denominator is the surest way to build popularity. So relating politick to pop culture is just good business.

They’re arguing from the position of mythos. Jesus did this = luke did this.

You're expecting women to be able to logic.
Remember, women have been in power more now than ever and they still constantly say that society is fucked up because of the men.
They are really really clueless when it comes to logic. You shouldn't even question it at this point.

Why is always harry potter? i mean its no surprise since that shit was always for faggots while real men read lord of the rings but still

To be fair, I've seen people on the right use things like Lord of the Rings.

Liberals politicizing media, coming from the board that has hundreds of threads every time a black person is cast in a movie

as a joke

The Orc thing was a meme making fun the Harry Potter leftists.
I thought it was stupid, but know your memes senpai.

Y'see, when a nigga, has no life other than the internet, has no experiences but work and...the internet, as well as drinking.
When they have no actual reason to live, a nigga looks to other stories, that they wish was theirs, that the nigga takes as they own. So...they treat it as like...a shared life experience, that no nigga actually experienced.
Ya dig? They always be bringing shit up like it has value, because they know that it'll click with people just like them, who also think that made up stories have value. Y'know nigga

Sure, but you wont see pol's shenanigans or similar in a modern mainstream movie

Why are some women so retarded? It's a fucking fictional book and the analogy doesn't even makes sense, does makeup turn you into a retard or something?

> implying this isn't exactly what Sup Forums is

This. Harry Potter is just a bad example.

Do they think anyone's asking for women to be segregated out of society or something? I just don't understand what she thinks she's fighting against

Protest signs are optimized to maximize social re-sharing. Pop culture references are broadly popular so these signs get re-circulated the most.

I don't mind using non-political references from time to time.
I'm more concerned about it being Harry Potter or Star Wars or Rick and Morty (though you need a high IQ to understand Rick and Morty).
It's also used in a very direct manner. Just look at OP's picture. A fictional guy was helped by a fictional girl, let's pass retarded laws based on that.

Because their are marxists who believe anything can become propaganda and start nazi marches, so they feel the need to constantly remark their agenda and push for censorship of what is not, ironically actually legitimazing propaganda, theirs.

Because the only time women have done anything significant is in fiction.
And even then it's as a side character.
If they had to use real world examples they'd have to resort to lies about Joan of Arc, Catherine the Great, and... that's about it

People cling to Sup Forums because it's the only place where you can actually practice freedom of speech, Jacques.

You can talk about Harry Potter all you want anywhere, but mention the JQ anywhere online and POOF it disappears just like magic,

Because they have child like minds and possible frontal lobe damage.

i dont know either

Because our society has no mythical base any more. We removed christian mythology but forgot to replace it with something else.
So people use popular culture as a surrogate.

without Harry the Troll wouldn't have been in the bathroom in the first place

I think leftists citing harry potter as a valid political source and getting sour over Quintlequarius washindigus the true kang of harlem being cast as a typically white role are two different things

FICTIONAL BOOK HOW ARE THEY THIS RETARDED

They're literal children. This is coming from somebody who LOVED Harry Potter as a kid. But using it to eschew your political views is fucking pants-on-head retarded.

They are, but this board is full of some of the least self-award people alive and complaining that others are politicizing the media when their group is doing it more than anyone is either stupid or intentionally misleading.

Didnt ron save that bitch from a troll in book one?

>imaginary flawless female character somehow vital to success of feminine male character written by middle aged woman with no understanding of males

a middle-aged childless woman, mind you.

Achshuallie, hermoine almost got them killed by being an overly emotional girl who got her feelings hurt and getting them tangled up in a fight with a troll.

An overly emotional girl almost handed the world over to Voldemort because a boy said mean things to her

False, the troll was a red herring so quarrel could search for the stone to resurrect Trump

>WHHWHDIBO

It's a secret code. Get to cracking, sleuths.

because they live in one big fantasy world.

White liberals love Harry Potter because it's a nice depoliticized generically left-wing story that doesn't really challenge anything.

is this Harry Potter thread?

All their viewpoints are based on popular culture propaganda.

They imbibe it non stop without durther examination then parrot it back.