Sequel of a finished story

>sequel of a finished story
>manages to be good
literally how?

It answers the lingering question of "what happened to the okabe that sent the message?". The story was finished, but this still fits in without unnecessarily expanding it.

Will they make an anime?

It's been announced. No date yet though. I'd imagine fall 2017, since summer's almost here and nothing's been said yet, but who knows. Could be summer, could even be winter or beyond.

Better not be 1-cour though. Chaos;Head and Chaos;Child anime were mistakes.

>manages to be good
literally how?

Maho Hiyajo. The best girl in the entire series.

It wasn't that good though.

>>sequel
It's an interquel.

spin-off

Just wait until the anime is butchered and can only cover half of what is told, either not telling some endings, going through scenes fast as fuck, skipping some or various of those options mixed. S;G anime already had some scenes removed and it was around half the length of S;G 0 (obviously removing a lot of Okabe thoughts, but that tends to happen in anime adaptations).

I mean, certainly there are ways to make the story tell the important parts of each ending while going through them all, and they could skip the irrelevant scenes while shortening dialogue to show everything important. We can always believe.

Are you kidding? It was fucking shit other than Maho and memes.

Far looser use of time travel, which made it lose the tight structure that made the original great, and the feeling of everything "clicking together". Ultimately felt pointless, combined with low budget CGs and mostly re-used soundtrack.

The original anime was pretty fantastic despite all of that though. The VN is 10x better, but still, the anime adaption is pretty great. I'm not really upset about it not adapting all of the endings, but it definitely would've been cool if they made a several different versions of the specific episodes, like with the beta episode, for each ending.

Anyway, actual point of this post is my idea of how they should do the anime. It should be 2-cour, obviously, with each cour doing one path of the VN, which seems pretty simple. None of the side endings, sadly, but I think if they just do one path for each cour, it'd be fine.

>It was fucking shit other than Maho and memes.

Yeah, basically. Actually, your entire post is pretty much entirely correct.

I'm really hoping for the anime adaption to be amazing and be better than the VN somehow. At the very least, watching an animated Maho be smart and cute will be its saving grace, right?

Yeah I didn't mean it in a bad way, I still think S;G anime is pretty good, but I mentioned it to compare how S;G already didn't have all of the scenes, and S;G 0 is way longer so it will be harder to adapt.

As for how to do S;G 0 anime, I thought in a way with someone else, it was very detailed but summarized it would be going TA -> RMG -> PR -> GS -> V&A. It would change a bit of each ending so they could follow the order, then in PR they can just take advantage of the D-RINE, which also would allow for those few seconds in which he receives it. After that, they can just go through what's left changing a bit too, and finally reach True Ending. There are some scenes which happen twice so you can remove those, you could shorten dialogue to the very essential and remove things like Yuki's stupid red herrings. With that and not having thoughts other than the most important ones (like S;G and usually a lot of other anime adaptations) it would be doable, but even then you have to consider the amount of time spent for each scene, and you would have to miss a lot of dialogue in some way or another unless they went full O;N Ep 1, which would kill the mood specially for this series.

But it did emotion better, and it was less linear as well. It also gave more backstory on Kurisu.

There was more water shed moments in it than the original.

Maho is good, but let's not say anything crazy. Kurisu is the BEST girl in S;G.

So, Noah translation when?
C;H LCC translation when?
R;N Elite translation when?
C;C translation when?
C;C LCC translation when?

I want a translation of Darling Of Loving Vows and Phenogram.

>wanting translations of non-canon spin-offs over canon entries to the franchise.

No chance they'll include all routes, it'll be some kind of PR -> V&A with small details included from other routes

NotKurisu was a mistake

We will have C;C this year, and Noah is getting translated too, but it will take some time
R;N Elite never

Committee of Zero is doing C;H Noah port + translation (although the port is more of constructing an engine from scratch based on what they already had, since the engine used is fucking shit and can't be ported properly without a huge amount of trouble).

C;C is being translated this year (you can trust this user).

If we support C;C enough, we will most likely get more SciADV translations, since let's be honest, Chiyo only sees overseas fans as dirty gaijins with money.

There's also hope for another main title translation depending on how much C;C is supported, but that's as much as I can say.

That sounds a bit intense. I just don't see them adapting every route/ending though, since, like you said, it's longer than the original. It would be nice if they adapted Maho's ending though, but maybe that's just me wanting more Maho.

>But it did emotion better

I have to disagree with this, which ties into the non-linearity of it. Because of Steins;Gate being a straight path from start to finish all of the endings have more impact, I feel, because you've had all of this previous stuff build up to this moment.

With Steins;Gate 0, it's all four short intermissions and two main paths with less build up. There's also less impact due to it being an interquel. I feel like I'm explaining this poorly or even in the wrong way, but I hope that makes sense. There's just not as much weight to a lot of the emotional moments in Steins;Gate 0, I felt. There definitely were some great scenes, but a lot of them fell flat for me.

>NotKurisu was a mistake

True.

There is no evidence they aren't canon.

Yeah I meant that would be the best order I can think of, but time would definitely be troublesome. One can only hope for godlike adaptation skills, other than that PR->V&A will probably be the thing.

There was some moments in S;G, but the watershed moments ending quickly because no one ever stayed dead. In Gate of Zero, everyone suffers and people tend to stay dead.

>sequel

Because it's not a sequel. It's more of a midquel if anything.

>NotKurisu
Except Amadeus DID turn into Kurisu, particularly in Twin Automata.

This.

Maho is perfection.

That's incorrect considering she's not the smartest, even Maho would agree she isn't.

Not this shit again

Prove it.

Huh. In my post where I agreed with that user, I was assuming they meant Kagari for "NotKurisu". I feel like "NotKurisu" could even refer to Maho, too. But I think both Amadeus and Maho were fine, which leaves Kagari as the bad NotKurisu. (A lot more could've been done with Amadeus though, I can't remember what, but my brain tells me I thought this at one point.)

NotKurisu is Kagari
I didn't mind the Amadeus Kurisu, it was interesting, but the whole Kagari thing was stupid

Oh, good, I was correct. Also, agreed. Right when she was introduced, I knew it was going to be bad. With every new revelation about who she was, it just got worse and worse. I'm glad that Maho was conversely such a fantastic new character.

>tfw still haven't played it
I gotta get on that.
I need to finish the other routes in Steins;Gate first, though. Only done Mayushii's so far.

What other finished story would you want a sequel to, Sup Forums?

Because it isn't really a sequel, it's just expanding on the Okabe that sends the D-Mail back.

It's more of an interquel than a prequel or a sequel, it also had the same writing department and a bloody good OST with some pretty dope and hype moments with great build up
Still, no topping the "Nice to meet you, me from 15 years ago" scene, even with all those crazy shit ones like suddenly, WW3 in the middle of Jesus birth or welcome to 2036, lad
Both Kyouma awakenings where really good too

Needed much more Amadeus Kurisu, many more navel-gazing philosophical conversations about whether she's actually Kurisu, and far, far less of Kagari. Also, Natsuki/Fubuki/whatever the fuck her name was should've had a larger role in the plot.

Still a damn good sequel-interquel-thing, though. Please let them not fuck up the anime.

I actually wanted more from that scene when Okabe ends up in alpha atracctor field, like, how SERN is going with their shit, Daru and other labomembs lifes, and maybe even a kissu between those two

That wake up in 2036 was surreal, as the OST really helped there.
I really hope they deliver some of the bleakness,
like that "mountain of corpses"

>anime adaption to be amazing and be better than the VN
lel, when was the last time that ever happens?

Soon in Heavens Feel

They could have done this in the Promised Rinascimento, Kurisu+Okabe reunion in Alpha worldline. They just hug and she makes him leave because it breaks her seeing him so broken. No kissu.

So after Okabe ends up in the Stein's Gate and everything is happy? Is he still fated to die in 2025?

I didn't play the VN :^)

>Is he still fated to die
Probably not, but who knows

No thing is known of the Steins;Gate worldline after the end of the first VN
Nothing at all, not even if Okabe and Kurisu held hands after meeting or if Daru took of his cap or anything

>finished story
The Committee of 300 is still controlling the world years later.

>It also gave more backstory on Kurisu.
This was not a good thing. In the original they just introduced Kurisu as a genius girl and you went along with it because it was part of the premise, but in 0 they thought it would be a good idea to introduce a character who had to overcome an inferiority complex over Kurisu. Her "development" in Zero fell really flat because they just couldn't show Kurisu actually being a genius at any point besides saying she was doing really important shit. There were actual moments in the script where she said something really tepid and had Maho would respond "wow, that's why you're a genius senpai"

I kinda hated Kurisu at the end of zero

I feel like the opposite is true for me. S;G's endings were just off-shoots from the main story, wherever you chose to give up; while I loved every one, some feel like routes for the sake of routes. It would have been perfectly fine to exclude Faris and Rukako's routes.
With 0, each timeline is its own hell, showing a lot more variety in each character. For me at least, the way things unfolded felt like a continuation of S;G, rather than shorter independent stories, compounding like you feel S;G did.

Zero retconned his fate, he tricked everyone that he died in 2025. This is how he found out how to save Kurisu.

>they just couldn't show Kurisu actually being a genius
Confirmed to have never read the original VN

>some feel like routes for the sake of routes.

I agree with that, for sure. I do like the idea of Faris' route though. The ending, I mean. The idea of being with the same friends, but with all their memories being different and Okabe taking the place of a different Okabe. It's some fringe horror stuff.

Anyway, I think all the mysteries and shorter length of the side-routes left me too confused at some points because of it being my first playthrough of it, so maybe a second, third, etc. playthrough might allow me to enjoy the story, characters, and individual routes more, since my mind wouldn't have to be focusing on all the mysteries and such. I know I usually notice a new thing or two every time I re-experience the original VN or anime.

But I really do like the way the original's route just builds up over 11 chapters to finally culminate to that ending. I could also try on my replay of Steins;Gate 0 to just do the two major routes first and then the side routes. That might give me a better experience as well.

Didn't like Zero at all aside from Maho and some of the stuff around Suzuha, thought the execution of most things was trash. I'm fine with fleshing Daru out more but so much of the story was padded out with Daru & Suzuha just doing the same thing over and over again, it got old quick which is a problem considering it's one of the main parts of the story. Okabe suffering trauma and so on was a nice idea too, marred by poor execution too since it basically just amounted to everyone yelling at him (not even for the correct reason either, why did characters keep complaining that he was whiny when he was literally the only one not whining at all, him keeping everything to himself being the actual problem even?). Half the cast was pretty much irrelevant and every other character outside of Maho was only memorable for any memes about them. The ending required a drama CD just to clarify it ontop of still basically just being a "uhh go refer to the first VN I guess we'll just leave it at that without any sense of conclusion even thematically..."

I can understand praise for it being more ambitious but I can't take anyone who says that it's better than the original seriously to be honest, it's a hot mess with some great moments which are the only parts of it that anyone ever talks about but mostly shit parts that people just ignore.

The S;G media it was based on are better than it. It's main girl essentially just being Kurisu but with more interesting characterization and the tsundere shit dropped is it's one saving grace.

I did read it; never watched the anime. But my complaint was about Zero specifically. Sounds like you're kinda confused about what you read.

The committee is just an untouchable plot device to create conflict.

Is Stein;s Gate 0 a full-fledged VN and not just a linear sequel?

>manages to be good
Haha

Yes, it is a full fledged VN with routes.

>why were flashbacks that were focused on developing Maho and contextualizing her inferiority complex not delving deep into Kurisu's character???????

I like it but I don't think it's good. The plot was poor, it just did its best to make you cry. This is all it fucking did. Also, Kagari was a fucking mistake.

>mfw they'll announce another S;G VN on this Sunday

Is it as hard to get new routes as Chaos;Head?

i h8 how stupid they look in the game

bad taste

No, if anything they're easier to get than in the orignal

Can't wait for Maho figures.

I don't think it was that good. All the routes felt extremly rushed towards their ends and I honestly couldn't believe I was done with the game. It felt like it just started. Also they could've done so much more with amadeus

>manages to be good

It's decent at most, but let's not kid ourselves.

is there an event this sunday?

Yep, a Chiyomaru Studio event, supposedly they're going to announce a new SciADV title

I think I'm just going to post Hiyajo.

They put multiple let's players in jail and had their channels deleted only for the 'crime' of playing their game on youtube. I don't care how good the story is if the studio does things like that to its own fans.

technically by all means it was an interquel that helped truly "finish" the story

>that scene where Okabe is just digitized memories
Spoopy. When the divergence meter faded to black before displaying a new value, I thought Okabe somehow shifted to a world line where he was dead.

That's more of a problem endemic to Japanese society and their market culture than that specific studio.

>has this cute childlike face in CGs
>looks fugly in most of her sprites
Why?

>looks fugly
>fugly

I said in most of her spries, not all. You posted one of the few good ones.

>2025: Okabe figures out he should delete Amadeus
>waits until 2036 to leap back in time
Why?

Kurisu agreed Maho was the real genius.

How did she know? I thought this would be a major plot point.

Post one that looks bad, bet you can't do it.

Not really a retcon, he found a loophole in Beta, but he might not know about such loophole in SG worldline.

The one where she's frowning. I can't be arsed looking for it, you know the one.

Don't think I do.

>argues against ugly sprites
>posts CGs
You know I'm right, don't you? But keep posting cute Mahos.

It helped Okabe realize it was possible to "deceive" the world. That's how he later came up with the plan to save Kurisu.

>Maho is the Megumeme of SG
Why am I not surprised?