Kino journey

was it kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qncRbprBFdE
my.mixtape.moe/tpibir.png
my.mixtape.moe/ymdjrw.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We had the same thread like two days ago.

It's Kino, it's tabi, it's a bit of no as well.

im ok with another one of these threads

It really is Kino.

what's with all this kino shilling lately?

S2 soon. That's the reason probably.

Many great series are ruined by hype and shitpost threads. People get angry at the threads and later that will make impossible to even seriously discuss abou the series. If you do that to Kino, I swear I will find you.

So Kino

No I'm sure that's the reason.

So how is it going to feel to watch S2 of Kino's Journey without the lines across the screen?

It's gonna feel good, the lines were awful.

Kino has gone to the country of page 1.

pure kino

What the hell with all these 'kino' meme, someone give me a quick rundown about this.

How would shopping with Kino be like?

They're saying 機能, it means function. They appreciate how useful the anime is. Some could mean it in the sense of 昨日, which means yesterday. You can figure that one out on your own.

It was beyond kino.

>Watching it without the lines
>Not just putting a scanline filter on

It's a Sup Forums meme, they have all sorts of words that denote various levels of how "artistically meritorious" a movie is. Kino comes from a foreign word (German I believe) for cinema, and though it just means movies in the foreign language they use it to basically mean "the best". So if you say a movie is "pure kino" it's like saying it's good in Sup Forums meme speak.

Thanks friendly Sup Forumsnon.

Kino means cinema.
The meme is related to Sup Forums's obsession with Tarkovsky.

I would literally marry Kino.

Is the new season gonna have the same artstyle as the first.

I really like the novel style more.

>no

It's not even remotely no.

I doubt if it's gonna have the old " early 2000s style", hopefully they go for something illustration like, or more like the land of sickness OVA. Worst case we just get a more modern generic style.

I suppose if we ever have to assign anime/manga girls to each board on this site, we know which one Sup Forums would get.

>old " early 2000s style"
I genuinely miss those days, as far as anime and hentai is concerned.

Is it wrong if I'm kinda hoping S2 has more tasteful fanservice like in the Shaft OVA?

Is this the new Kino lewd thread, no one ever dicusses the stories and philosophies brought up in the novels and anime. It's all lewds in here.

kino is kino

Can you explain to me what the fuck happened at the end of it?
Did Kino kill the guys and send the letter herself or did she somehow escape?

I hope so too. Sick of such blatant fan service in today's anime.
Anime producers are losing touch with subtlety. Less is always more, especially with a girl like Kino.

Who says we can't have lewd and discussion at the same time?

What do you want to discuss user?

I hope we get Land of Heroes

Not that user, and I haven't even gotten into this series yet, but who/what exactly is Kino? What's the goal of the story?

To be honest, it's been so long since I saw the OVA that the only thing I remember clearly is this scene. It always stuck out in mind as the one piece of fanservice in a show that otherwise tries to make Kino as asexual as possible.

And yeah, subtlety is always best. The key is to put the fanservice late into the show as a reward (or ya know, as a service).

Lewding a pure girl like Kino triggers me, pls consider refraining from lewding the kino.

>that typewriter keyboard in the background
>(Q)WEB

Kino is a traveler. A drifter. A slight and dark figure perched atop an internal combustion companion and learning the whims of mankind, one sin at a time.
Kino is a witness. A dry and focused all-beholding eye calmly soaking in a myriad of decisions, interpretations, and the actions based upon them.
Kino is a survivor. A wielder of cutlery, firepower, and a piercing tongue. A connoisseur of silence and a harbinger of luck, and a smooth master of knowing when to disappear.
Kino is alone.

Stop being autistic, tomboys are hot

Kino is a wanderer who travels the world with her talking motorrad, Hermes. There's no overarching plot to the series, it's very episodic where each episode involves Kino visiting a different country and discovering the customs of the country. The episodes vary widely in tone, with some episodes being very light hearted, while other episodes are fairly disturbing.

If there's any sort of over-arching message the series tries to tell, it can be summed up in this quote from the series: "The world is not beautiful: And that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty"; hence why the show is subtitled "the beautiful world".

I wouldn't go so far as to describe it "deep" or "philosophical" as other anons do. It is however, a very comfy show, as the ED demonstrates:
youtu.be/qncRbprBFdE

Kind of reminds me a little bit of Roland from the Dark Tower series.

How so?

Don't let Kino near that tower

>Stop being autistic
How?

By giving into your desires and lewding the Kino of course

BACK OFF
Kino is my waifu and we have a baby. Please leave our happy family in peace.

>Implying Kino would ever settle down and have any relationship beyond a one-night stand at an inn

Kino is a wonderful women but you can't tie her down man

Well then, h-here I go.

Is it working?

It's working on my dick, I'll give ya that

I can only imagine how many boy's and men's hearts she's broken, not out of malice, but just due to her lifestyle on the road.

The wonderful thing about being a traveler is that she can stop at any time. Falling in love is probably a sure-fire way to end her life on the road, but even the end of something beautiful is beautiful in of itself, no? From the death of the life of a wanderer, surely there is new life sprung? All journeys have their ending; perhaps Kino's will be in the arms of a lover and in the safety of a new home? That wouldn't be such a bad way to end a story. There's many other ways she could end her journey, but we won't know until it ends.

All I want is to see her indulge herself in a man, at least once.
She deserves it, the pleasures and happiness that sex can bring. I have the feeling though that she's the type of girl to become attached after a one night stand.
Would be an interesting character arc to see from her, trying her hardest to brush aside the slightly blossoming feelings of love and affection.

>I have the feeling though that she's the type of girl to become attached after a one night stand.
That's probably why she's so vehement on avoiding falling in love. She knows that once she does, she wouldn't be able to break her own heart to keep traveling.

You see that's why I think it would just be the most beautiful thing to see.
The man could be the one to help gently push her away before the three days are up, reassuring her that he'll always be there for her and that's okay to move on. It would just be so sweet to see Kino double over and buckle at the knees for once, over emotions she can't help but feel. Both her one night lover and Hermes will be the one's to help "pick her back up."
Remember, it takes two to reach an enlightening catharsis over a break up.
Would also remind Kino that Hermes is always there for her as well, even though I'm sure she already knows.

It's not like there's any reason why she has to keep traveling though. She knows she can stop at any time. Though, I guess just because one has that option doesn't mean they could just take it.

If I remember correctly, she killed the guy (there was only the one), and sent the letter posing as the boy, saying she wouldn't be able to write letters anymore.

>show is called Kino
>is kino

Something's happening in five days. Anyone care to translate?

PV teaser.
Joking. I have no idea, but now I'm curious too.

Yes.

>you will never dry hump a hungry Kino on top of Hermes in public until you make a thick, wet, sticky mess that seeps through your pants and into hers

The manga series starts that day

Everyone knows Kino is kino but the question is: is kino Kino?

xxxxx -> Kino
xxxxx =/= Kino
Kino =/= Kino
Kino = Kino
Kino =/= Kino
Does that make sense?

Lets discuss Hermes. What's his origin story? why was he found all broken in the Land of Adult and what's his goal?

I know it's to travel aswell but are there others out there? He seemed to recognise the floating tank and hates Riku as he shouldn't exist as a talking dog. Hermes is very high tech aswell, and is some sort of supercomputer in terms of calculations.

Talking machines are explainable while talking animals aren't, so that's probably why Hermes doesn't like Riku. Riku's a dog.

my.mixtape.moe/tpibir.png
my.mixtape.moe/ymdjrw.jpg

>my.mixtape.moe/tpibir.png
>my.mixtape.moe/ymdjrw.jpg

Kinos nips look all strange.

It's actually still hot.

I'm normally not into reverse traps but Kino does things to me.

It's probably because they're more areola than breast.

Best chapter is the one where Kino is mistaken for a world famous chef and ends up cooking for a bunch of people in some country that steals people's recipes. It's so goddamn cute and funny.

After all these years I finally just noticed you can see Kino's clitoral hood poking through her panties in that image. That's too lewd.

I want to brew a hot cup of tea for me Kino on a cold day.

Stuff I found looking stuff up on Yandex.

i thought hermes was just kino talking to herself and everyone around her understood it.

It was so-so. Definitely a great concept, and the director's execution was flawless, but the stories they chose to adapt varied too much in quality. You go from gold like the railroad episode to the juvenile coliseum arc, to the even worse airplane episode, and then back to decent storytelling. Its high points were magnificent, but its lows were wastes of the series' potential. I eagerly anticipate S2 all the same; even if only one episode is Kino at its best, it'd be worth slogging through six coliseum arcs.

Rabbit episode was best episode.

concealed carry, you'd be safe

Umaru?

Sup Forums doesn't get Kino you faggot. /trv/ would.

My wallet would be absolutely murdered from spending all my money on just about everything that looks tasty. So nothing different from normal, really.

You know what, there's something to it. She's also a gunslinger, and a good one at that. She even gets recognized as a persuader user and given respect because of that. The world is kinda similar, with all the extremely high tech mixed with traditional and old-fashioned stuff, there seem to be few people and they stick to their little settlements apart from each other. Roland wandered in a time loop and with how little there is connecting different episodes Kino also seems like she's just wandering forever in a land where time has moved on.

Will it ever get animated?

Kino needs to drink lots of milk if she wants to grow up big and strong.

Honestly I hope it's a teaser.

Since when is HAL 9000 a character in the Kino series? I haven't yet finished season 1 yet.

So. Did you like it when Kino's gender wasn't a thing? Or you started to fap ("to like") after find out Kino was a she?