The owls are very kashikoi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P_1gNEVj6Y4
youtube.com/watch?v=BC3sdOtlQP4
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No autism in this one please

Are Koalas OK?

After re-watching the entire show a few times, I think I can confirm that ep.1 and 2 are just as good as the rest.
My theory is that people is still in shock/getting used to the settings to really appreciate them.
With that said, the show really holds well after a few rewatches outside of ep.8. That one is a chore to finish. (The pengins are cute, the forced drama isn't)

>Thought Kemono would just be some garbage SoL
>Thought Youjo Senki would just be garbage loli pandering
I don't trust anything anymore

Idols are used to appeal to the wotas, nothing more. No wonder most people don't care for it.

It's a misconception that people think the show doesn't get good until ep.3. It's more like it was good from the start and it takes 3 episodes to realize that you actually like it.

serval's stupid face never ceases to bring a laugh

I remember when the main argument of idol haters was that the technology didn't fit with the Kemono Friends setting and it ruined it because Friends shouldn't be able to maintain and operate that stuff.

Then we went and got Foxes that could operate and maintain electrical power generators and a wolf that could draw manga along with Friends working together to turn a fucking car into a boat. I guess they really ruined the setting according to those people.

Rather than the main songs, I am looking forward to Toki's acapellas.

Even setting aside the animation shock, I still am not a huge fan of episode 1 as a standalone, because I think Kaban and Serval work better when they have someone else to riff off of. I definitely grant that it does an amazing setup job for episode 11 though.

Shouldn't they have figured out that Friends were not stupid when Alpaca was shown being able to operate a Cafe?

Kaban singing the OP was thing that made me cave in and preorder it.

First episode is great. I believe people who call it the worst is just trying to justify why they dropped show at first.

Episodes 3 and 4 are actually among the best. But I agree, the first two are also good, it just takes time to see it behind the unusual setting and the animation. The point with the episode three is that you don't expect much when starting it, because the first two are somewhat plain, if good. And then you get
>Toki
>abandoned cafe with an Alpaca
Which is much better than whatever you expected by that point.

But apparently the machine that makes the drinks or whatever and solar panels are low tech and unbreakable but stage stuff is super high tech and delicate and she just got told how to operate it.

0w0 What are they doing?

They just took better care of idol shit because they care about it

I find Kemono Friends strange. If I see a screenshot, I think it's fairly ugly, but animated, I don't mind it at all and think it looks fine.

That aside, I'm a bit saddened that episode 1 had that fairly cool Serval vs Cerulean scene, and (in what I've seen thus far, not finished it yet), there's not been another action scene like that. Don't get me wrong, show's damn comfy, but damn comfy + occasional fight scenes is exactly what I like.

Personally, I really liked those settings that are more or less trashed after ep.8. Actually I still think you can give reasonable explanations to most if not all of them... however, the forced drama about a bunch of characters irrelevant to the main story and that ultimately play no role in the development of the main characters is what really makes it a bother to watch.

With that said, a funny thing to add would be that they actually pulled it off better than some actual recent Idol animus...

Yeah I dunno I have genuinely seen people arguing for hours over what kind of technologies seen in the show needed the most maintenance and how plausible it was that the Friends could operate and maintain them. It was never brought up as an issue before the Idol episode and was never brought up for any other example of technology.

Just keep watching, that's all I'm going to say.

>but animated, I don't mind it at all and think it looks fine
That's because the director and chief animator is great.
>and (in what I've seen thus far, not finished it yet), there's not been another action scene like that
There will be.

The little penguin drama actually has grounds on reality and it ties well into the setting (Royal only worked that has because no royal penguins were in the previous instances of the P_P) so I've never seen any problem with that episode. I hope that eventually people like you start noticing that it was nowhere nearly as bad as some say as well.

Tell me about the Jag

You have to bite all the tails.

So, is the director on a break, or is he working on Season 2 already? His twitter only points to interviews and talk shows.

Would Kaban actually be strong enough to carry Serval like that?
Could she princess-carry Serval?

I was pretty much arguing that when the episode aired with people trying to say the episode was bad because of technology being implausible.

I think the issue specifically is that it takes itself more seriously than the other episodes and introduces many new characters and then expects us to care about their drama but without having the proper setup needed for you to be invested in it. Other episodes the animals have problems but they are always funny problems that we as human observers can see are ridiculous and find amusing rather than serious.

Oh I don't think it's bad. It's just that is weak in comparison to the rest of the show and that it feels kinda forced.

And also this > a funny thing to add would be that they actually pulled it off better than some actual recent Idol animus...

And major ones at that when you think about it.

Well, since Kaban is technically a friend, I think she is probably far stronger that we think.

It's something I really want to see if it's going to be expanded in future seasons.

I just assumed that because all those friends were of closer proximity to the professor and the library that they had more opportunities to learn about human machinery and culture.

This makes me want to go buy an old "Don't Break The Ice" game.

> If I see a screenshot, I think it's fairly ugly
I think something wrong with you, it's cute as fuck.

Episode 2 was always great, episode 1 is one of the best once you watch episode 11.

is the OST out yet? I need the version of the OP they used to fight the black cerulean in the end in my ears.

Serval is a tiny cat, and she is strong enough to lift the bus (she probably used wild release there?). I imagine Kaban would be much stronger than that in her wild release.

In 5 minutes user, just wait a little longer

The full OP has been out for a while.

I like all friends and have nothing against any of them.

> ... being implausible.
My theory is that the episode just broke people's expectations (read head canons) about the capabilities of the friends or wanted to see something different.

For example, I was expecting the penguins to be even worse than Toki (after another half-assed assistance from the professor). So we would have Kaban help them fix the problems only to discover that the pengins are very gifted and just needed proper direction. I guess we could have some proper background building such as that they are playing the same songs that previous generations sang and that the equipment was properly maintained by the lucky beast but no one knew how to use outside of the wise owls that find out by luck how it worked.

The bones are made of tofu

suggoi fun

Toki's character design is probably one of the best in the show. Too bad she is extinct.

No she ain't

I wish this shit was about idol penguins all along.

How does a snake drink?

It would have been forgotten minutes after airing, like all idol oriented shows.

With its mouth
Get off the internet, special cat

Fluffy food for fluffy bird

Just like everybody else.

youtube.com/watch?v=P_1gNEVj6Y4

How the fuck did they get the koala to lick it
They won't even eat picked leaves

Man, why is Jaguar so good?

>penguin relationship troubles making the news
Huh.

youtube.com/watch?v=BC3sdOtlQP4

Jumbuck is a very smart Koala bear.

Pure of heart, strong of body

I want to make sure she'll have babies!

All the Cat Friends are some how elder god tier in design and personalities.

>It would have been forgotten minutes after airing
We have more LL! threads than KF you delusional mong.

To me it was a combination of the brilliant design and the work of her VA.
That nasal voice, absolutely tone deftness and cute personality makes her one of the most memorable characters I have seen in a long time.
She is just too good for this world and it'll break my heart to not see more of her in the future.

Jeez, how many sidejobs does Jaguar have? I wish Jaguar was my onee-chan.

Too bad, take your single episode about an in-series idol unit (which will never go its own separate way from the show because what the fuck is wrong with people) and feel manzoku with it.

>hot as all fuck
>chill as fuck personality

She is perfection

>deftness

I'm going to save the Watashi Wa Toki species.

I'm not an expert on penguin anatomy but this doesn't look right

The genuine Nipponese Nipponia nippon have been nipped in the bud, bud. Only inferior imitations from the mainland are available now.

just heard the full OP

what else am I missing?

Yeah, they got the fucking flippers wrong on Hululu!

I always thought episode 2 was about on the same level as most other episodes. Just rewatched the series with friends and episode 1 is definitely one of the best in retrospect.
11>12>9>1 rewatch>10>4>6>7>2>5>3>1 first time>8

The full ED, and the incredible remixes for both.

>single episode
Well , thats why this show was a shit after all. Wasted potential, could be much better with actually great animals and not shitty trap and annoying brat cat as protags.

157544603-san, you'll have to work harder on that.

onee-chan, onee-san, girlfriend, childhood friend, daughteru, there's a lot of places you'd be blessed to have Jag in.

Wakaran

>clear bias towards the latter dramatic episodes over the earlier comfy adventure episodes
I'd say you have massive shit taste but I wouldn't even want to try ranking the episodes. My ranking would change every time I rewatch.

>with friends
How'd that work out?

Does anyone have the picture comparing our Serval and Mirai's Serval's eyes?

What is this show about?

Animals beating the shit out of each other

animals that get turned in to cute anime girls via magic dust from a giant crystal on top of a volcano or some shit

Traveling and meeting different people.

Animals