B-but girls can't fight!

b-but girls can't fight!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BlHEAg9KJYg
youtube.com/watch?v=3YhfEPxVxNY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hm, I wasn't gonna pick this up, but that's some nice fightin'. Is the series mostly like this, or is there a bunch of silly drama mostly?

No drama. Some comedy. The rest is fighting and they being stupid for thinking she is a boy.

I'm not sure what this thread is really about, but let's roll with it, I guess.

what awful animation and storyboarding

Source?
Technically, kuro is a cup.

That has to be the blandest banchou I've ever seen.

Is there boy(girl)lust?

Kenka Banchou Otome I think?

Why the fuck are you recording yourself playing the video on your desktop?

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=BlHEAg9KJYg

Dohoho, now that's cute. I've already picked up too many shows as it is, but I guess I'm gonna add another one to the list. This season's shaping up to be fairly good.

>Tried watching this twice
>Can't get into it
does it get better?

it has such a bad score on MAL that I might as-well just watch it.

looks like a man to me, bruv

What, Prisma Ilya? First season's alright, everything after that is trash though.

Is this actual fighting, or do they keep score for lovetaps?
It's like the hits have no impact at all

if you don't like this, no
youtube.com/watch?v=3YhfEPxVxNY

Thanks

Doing better than me, I can't even get into fate at all.

It's a short, 7 min per episode, so it doesn't take up too much time.

it was way better than expected

>kakero PRIDE shinu made OOKAMI
makeinu ni naru tsumori wa nai.
First thing that came to my mind.

That's supposed to be a girl?

That's the whole plot.

Man, those blows have zero impact. And I thought DBS had a problem with that.Also, MC-chan is lucky she is apparently just fighting thugs,'cause her defense is horrendous.

That's pretty realistic wing chun

Yes. Too bad WC is bullshit. Do ameridote.
Best of all, worst of none.

I'll watch it

>b-but girls can't fight!

Yes. 50% of girls are like that. Feminists are even worse. Fujoshits are the worst.

>That's pretty realistic wing chun
I know next to nothing about that particular style, but if what you say is true, then wing chun has an awful defense base.

Wing Chun has an awful everything
t. did it for 2 years

It's actually pretty good in the street. It's kinda like ancien brittish boxing (before gloves) with a few kung fu moves. Sadly it have poor balance and too few wrestling techniques to make for it.

It tries to keep the center of the striking area to your advantage rather than covering the sides
You're supposed to keep the second hand in front of you which OP webm doesn't do
It's not known for its effectiveness in mma

I see. Maybe it's because I've only done Kick-boxing and Kyokushin Karate, but the idea of a striking martial art that leaves you so exposed to counters seem like something out of a martial arts movie rather than effective self-defense.

It doesn't leave you exposed because you're supposed to be so close you can feel your opponent's moves.

>because you're supposed to be so close you can feel your opponent's moves.
So it's complete ancient-asian mumbo-jumbo, okay thank you user.

Honestly I was very sceptic before starting it coming from karate but seeing it irl made a lot more sense, the guy teaching does very little of that trapping hand shit
But it's not even been an year, maybe it's just that it's something new

It shouldn't leave you exposed because it should get you in a situation in which your punch connects before his

Or wrestling. If you aren't able to tell the move and the position of the opponent when you touch him even when you're blinded then you're not very good at wrestling.

>he can't sense bloodlust from across the street

>So it's complete ancient-asian mumbo-jumbo
Correct. Be like water, sting like bee and all that bullshit.
>invented by women
S all you need to know, really.

>losing to punches with no weight behind it
those fags should kill themselves.

>invented by women
That's interesting, there are very very few combat styles invented by women,and most ot them come from China (go figure). I wonder if it's because of historical context or simply a case of a fuckton of people over the course of a long-ass time so it was bound to happen kind of deal.

>Or wrestling.
I've done a little wrestling and judo (just to try it, not the lear the style or anything),but that is not the same as ''being like water in the middle of a slugfest'' bullshit.

>girls can be strong too u know?!

You have to go back

Meant to quote

It comes from white crane and that was supposedly invented by a woman, I guess because of that the style got passed more easily between women
It's generally about using techniques that work regardless of strength
Maybe at the time in china women needed self defense more than at other times

I like the fight choreography, it's clearly kung fu inspired but the animation could be better.

Well it's 7 minutes long animation of an otome game, so it's better than what we usually get

The myth was that wing chun was invented by a woman, but in reality it was a mix of white crane boxing and another style. That's about it really.

I think it's because westerners didn't care much for hand to hand combat. And fighting with weapons isn't something women did.

>And fighting with weapons isn't something women did.
Make that fighting period. Throughout the course of human evolution and history, one constant is that females have always had the protection of male family members, so they have never have to directly fight or suffer violence the same way most males did.This fact is absolutely reflected in the degree of sexual dimorphism in humans.

>its an enemy walks into every punch the hero throws scene

Maybe it's not even a combination with another style but just white crane with center line theory, it sure seems like it

Thinking about it, almost no non-chinese martial art has one single creator, so it's more about how chinese make up romanticized stories

>a qt tomboy will never beat you up
;_;

An otome game advert doesn't need better animation. Apparently.

Oh, it's a short anime? That's even better! Definitely picked up now.

Fuck you Hiro, give back /asp/

Wait, isn't this just Oresama Teacher?

Are they dancing?

What the FUCK was her problem?

why is his head so big

A pity it's full of mandrama shit now

If their enemy is retarded maybe they've a chance.

women can fight, just not as well as men.

there are fighting styles developed entirely around being weak as fugg, they're very effective at self defense.
we have guns now, though.

That nigga's lucky that camera is low quality. If you could see his face, he'd be emasculated for life.

is this considered good animation? It looks good to me but I watched too much harem shit and my brain rotted

it was mostly used for stopping drunk rapists and protecting shops from hooligans.
it's very effective and it really does amount into betting on your opponent knowing they're stronger than you so they walk into an ass kicking with their guard down.

There's not much weight and impact, the animation is merely functional but the choreography is interesting.

That's a shitty place if no one gives a shit when it seems like some guy is beating up a woman like it's a daily thing, but when the opposite happens, everyone starts caring (tweeting how some nigga got rekt by a girl)

I've never, EVER seen an anime where the punches looked like they hurt. I don't think it's possible for the medium.

I see things the exact opposite

Fighting scenes with weight and impact is possible and has been done. Very realistic depictions of fights on the other hand are hard to come by though I don't think it's due to any limitation of the medium.

But that's the only good thing coming out of that shitty spin-out. Well, except yorokobe shoujo.

>female power fantasy anime
Yep, so believable.

Welcome to "diversity."

To be honest, you can see the only one doing threatening stuff is the girl. Looks like this weak guy is just trying to stop her.

they can fight, with open fists that is..

Ba Gua Zhang?

>Ba Gua Zhang?
Not even remotely alike. I have a friend (third generation Chinese descendant), who actually practices Ba Gua Zhang (at least the most traditional forms) and it's nothing like this.You can watch any clip on youtube if you want to pick up the difference in stances and form.

they really can't, against men, unless they train and don't count on having physical advantage.

that pink haired one's punches would be basically nothing.

I was in the US Army. I had a 100 pound 5' tall male soldier take on and beat female soldiers with 20-50 pounds and several inches on him. He won every match. I'm 6'2" and 210 pounds. I could beat female soliders with one arm and on my knees.

sexual diamorphism is a real bitch.

>100 pounds
hah
no
not even if you're 5 feet tall is 100 pounds an acceptable weight for your fairy tale

How is that unrealistic? Plenty of straweight fighters about that height turn out at that weight when lean. I mean Bruce Lee was like 5'6 and 135, so just eyeballing it I'd say ~100 isn't that far off for fitness for that height.

Shhh, let the manlet live his power fantasy.

A 100 pounds for a 5 feet tall male does sound incorrect (not to mention he wouldn't be accepted in the army to begin with), but a much lighter male being stronger than a significantly larger female is hardly unbelievable.A non-obese woman around at a 160 pounds (which is a rarity to begin with), has a muscle mass comparable to a man weighting 115-120 pounds for example.

he is a tiny little chink.

if you spent 2 minutes on google. you will see that being 60 inches tall and 100 pounds is with in limits.

It's a fucking otome anime, that's probably the best looking animation I've ever seen in this genre.

user, I'm well versed in physiology and well acquainted (though not an expert) with human growth. I'm not disputing that a male 132cm tall and weighting 45 kg is possible, but rather I find odd that he was accepted as an active serviceman.

He would fall within the limits of an immediate rejection due to health issues. I think you simply misjudged his actual height and weight.

Females also have a terrible disadvantage when it comes to building muscle. Another user once pointed out how female and male sports in schools were usually about evenly matched until the males hit puberty, at which point their scores totally diverged. Most females, without lucking out on genetics, are basically stuck at a pre-pubescent male level of ability when it comes to building and maintaining strength.

> (not to mention he wouldn't be accepted in the army to begin with),
Not him but what do you mean? I can't find any hard height limits on the army recruitment page for my country at least, and that person would is over the minimum weight for that height.

If only this show was pedo garbage, the fights are indeed top notch

I thought he was guessing and those weren't the actual weight and height of the individual.

>All this 3DPD talk
Holy shit, fuck off please.

>Not him but what do you mean?
This may not actually apply to the standards of that particular user's military, but most western medical staff strongly advice (meaning an immediate reject in practice) against a soldier carrying more than 50% of his/her own bodyweight in equipment.

Now, you have to remember that a modern infantryman carries somewhere between 75 to a 100 pounds in equipment alone, so this sole would disqualify our theoretical fellow here.

Also, some forces do have an lower limit for stature (Rangers for example won't take anyone below 145 cm).

>I thought he was guessing and those weren't the actual weight and height of the individual.
That's exactly what I wrote user.

>Hates lolis
>Thinks Illya had good fights
How can one man have such consistently shifty opinions.

>Rangers for example won't take anyone below 145 cm
Manlets really have it the hardest.

Aren't manlets employed in tunnel hunter units?

I accept I didn't read the whole post. Shame on me.

>Rangers for example won't take anyone below 145 cm
Not even for office work?