Shieldbro chapter 33!

IT'S THAT TIME OF THE MONTHS GUYS!
with this, the adaptation of volume 5 to manga form has started.

Hopefully this means we'll see more art of L'Arc and other characters.

time for dubs is here again

Just look at this handsome fucker. Also, spoilers i guess

why is non of you niggas reading the wn instead?
you would see the prego raph ending faster

Time to levelgrind i guess.

Gee, it's not like he has spent all his time trying to survive and not get murdered by a corrupt government and religion recently.

they are hiding something

The WNs got translated live on Sup Forums when ShieldHero was really popular. I'm pretty sure most of the people here who read the manga know of the WNs.

>Nothing personal
Did he fucking teleport behind him too?

Ren pls.

And the LNs greatly change the story even though the overall plot is the same

He calls him the shield kiddo too! But he isn't edgy, you'll see

you can see how angry they are when they are told they're shit.

I'm pretty sure most of them don't know that since it's past their "general" state where even mods would fight it out with tatefags, if barely a small fraction of them know the wns. sadly

Shield true mvp 1/0 KD

>where even mods would fight it out with tatefags
wait what?

I dropped it when I was spoiled about the end, I hate with a passion this kind of "clone" story

namefags wanted to clean the generals, cause it became generals, it survived though

Well i came waaay after all of that shit so i didn't know other than the >1000 replies ommited thread

God is the least thing you want to meet right now.

This part of the story is better explored in the LN.

Just when I started to think these three fu kers would get better. Here we go again. This is the one I Sekai where the MC didn't get a cheat ability right off the bat.

This whole thing boiled down to everyone not reading the manual

This guy must be armor, which means the girl there must be...

Aaaand here's rishia! she looks sooo bullyable.

Also, belief=power.

>what does this filthy demihuman want.

man, what an asshole.

Just so you know i've been editing stuff with the official names in the LNs. And "Lyshia" just triggers my autism.

Uh oh.

that aint going to end well.

So does the LN give actual story to the other 7 star heroes?

Why's itsuki gotta be such a smug shit.

Because everything is manipulated by the goddess and there is no actual character agency, and no character receives real development outside of the overpowered MC

Only about those from glass's world apparently

Something something about believing

not that they will believe him anyway

some of these panels are really good for reaction images

can they inflate their egos any harder?

You can pinpoint the moment she snaps.

How does bitch still manage to retain her ego at this stage.

Just so you know, Bitch's slave curse activated and put her in her place.

She's fundamentally fucked up, there is no fixing her innate bitchiness.

This is the last page, and d'aww is it cute.

thanks for joining up guys, and see you next month for more chapters!

Thanks for dumping. Was it ever explained if the heroes were really lying to Naofumi, or that they were just mistaken? I'd just assumed each weapon had a different growth system.

>almost everyone in this series is irrational, judgmental, or straight up an asshole
Kinda wish it was toned down a bit, i'm getting tired of hating everyone.

Damnit. I want more Raphtalia.

They werent, everything is real. Naofumi enters a staring contest with his shield, with the queen watching akwardly in the LN. He tries all of the common things the heroes said such as weapon copy and drop stuff, and then all of the growth systems each weapon had.

Okay, so they were all idiots only raising a single aspect.

Can't wait for the merchant's daughter/swordsman/mage from spear's party to join Naofumi. It'll be a slight change of pace.

>that moment in the WN when thy tell shieldbro that balloon encounters are supposed to be rare

Raph a cute.

Really? It's been years since I read this, and I stopped around the part they developed a monster lab or something.

I'm guessing its too much to ask that spear becomes reasonable/ an ally and those people join MC's party because of that rather than him just NTRing his rivals peeps.

They all just kept using what they knew. Since they thought the world operated on the same rules their games did they closed off all other posibilties. Naofumi included, but that was because he was still salty about everything.

>tfw hero class raises enemy encounter rate

Ally he becomes. Reasonable... That's debatable.

Nooo they cut the part with Raftalia in rage? I wanted to see her angry.

>merchants daughter
What does she look like?

this is the birth of punished motoyasu

Why does she leave him for shieldbro?

Is there anywhere that has the entire WN translation in a pdf or epub or something? The one I found jumps from Ch 135 -> 300.

>Still no ShieldHero doujins

If she's the daughter of a merchant, she may be interested in goying. And Naofumi is the master of goying.

Well, after ditching motoyasu @ the spirit turtle thing. She went into hiding with her parents, and signed a deal to help naofumi capture motoyasu. Then she sets up shop in naofumi's slave village. Out of motoyasu's harem of bitches, she's the most prudent. And played fool to not get crushed or sold into slavery by malty. She jsut wanted to live an easy life, and she would had if she joined naofumi since he ended up being the strongest and msot decorated

Nevermind, I found it.

On the upcoming training arc, everyone's forced to swap companions to see how others train. Out of all the spear hero's group, she's the only one that puts in effort. If I remember correctly, and I may be wrong, sword hero's too overleveled, so he solos while his team has trouble fighting weak mobs (since they'd weigh him down). Spear hero does all the work to protect his harem from having to lift a finger. Bow hero just steal kills everything.

They're not allowed to. They had their personalities and feelings corrupted by the goddess. Basically they had no real choices or chances, and anytime in the story when Naofumi's dickriders chastise them for their previous words/actions it's actually pretty fucked up, since there was nothing they could have possibly done otherwise.

So naofumi wasn't corrupted? What's his deal?

It was just done on a whim. The goddess didn't feel like fucking with him beyond that tiny little setup in the beginning, so she didn't

I don't get it, everything seems awfully random and done without purpose.

That's about what you'd expect from a web novel. Write something you think is cool, then write more things you think would be cool, and then later on when you realize you need to reconcile your ideas/cool things/twists conflicting you just give some flimsy rationale.

Not really, the goddess had nothing to do with the people they were ebfore being summoned. Some of it is actually to some existing flaws in thier personalities prior to being summoned. Out of all the hero candidates, naofumi was the best, but the shield always snatches the best ones. Motoyasu, Ren and Itsuki were hero material but they werent as good as naofumi.

Motoyasu was a womanizer and got emotional scars after getting stabbed by his childhood friend and a cute ojou he was seeing.

Itsuki had a hero/inferiority complex due to his abilities being always inferior to those of his peers back in his world which is not-academy city btw, he used videogames as an escape from that reality and longed to be a hero of justice do to those influences.

I don't know what's with ren though. We do know that he is young and inexperienced, but really laments the deaths of his companions, even though he was a little shit that wanted to play solo. I guess they will clear that up in the LN.

That's the WN plot. They don't swap in the LN, which the manga is adapting.

The author kinda used the series to vent his irl false rape charges. It gets worse the closer you get to the endings. Especially the original one.

That's a little lame, but if I'm going in blind, at least it's like a fresh start.

Who is this dude?
I read the whole novel and there's nothing about him.
Is he manga exclusive or what?

The original ending made more sense in my opinion. But I guess people really wanted a happy ending.

They don't swap because L'Arc and therese are a thing, glass reappears in vol 5 during a wave in calmira, which doesnt happen at that point in the WN.

L'Arc Berg, the vassal of the scythe. He appears in vol 5.

The problem with Shieldbro was resolved, so why the fuck are the other useless heroes so hostile and distrustful of the only one who was even trying? Do they ever stop being pointlessly cruel? It almost looked like they stopped being fucking retards when Bitch got removed from royalty, and they've clearly seen that Shieldbro isn't a villain like they make him out to be.

Is it just intense roleplaying or some shit? Ore are the other heroes just that stupid?

Nips were furious about the original ending.
Sure, it could work with a bad ending, if not for all the fill it had between the beginning and the end.

Light novel version had tons of stuff different from the web novel. This is likely one of them.

>Is it just intense roleplaying or some shit? Ore are the other heroes just that stupid?
It's both, more of the former than the latter.

Man, roleplayfags are the worst in games. No wonder the three other heroes are so shit.

The super powerful god-killing world-destroying megabitch winning and causing a melancholy end (not even really a bad ending) makes more sense than oh yeah we met this god-slayer dude randomly whose kind was never even alluded to before in this vast ineffable space and he taught us god-slaying things and helped us solve all our problems and we were able to it together because the power of love and friendship and shit

I understand wanting a happy end and all, but the original ending was really better.

Same. It's one of those stories where everyone that doesn't support the MC is either a villain, massively retarded or both. More often than not both.

Because Bitch actually spent time with all the other heroes and completely fucked with their minds, causing them to greatly exaggerate their flaws and sense of self-worth. She also deliberately increased their hostility to the shield hero to the point where even if they know he's not a villain they still dislike him. You'll see how she pulls this stuff off later it's fucking stupid

They still think it's a game, but they all get a major wake up call when they face the spirit turtle.

In the WN, motoyasus' bitches ditch him, ren's comrades die, and itsuki's trope abandons him. in the LN they get to the inner depths of the spirit turtle and the book vassal wrecks their shit. Motuyasu's bitches leave him, and he gets captured by the book vassal. Ren's comrades are slaughtered by the book vassal, and ren goes apeshit on him. Itsuki's comrades tie him up and give him to the book vassal and the vassal allows them to leave.

>Shield heroes are slow to recognize lewdness

Are the raws this far ahead or is this an illustration

This is from volume 15, also the volume where atlas dies

Ah, I thought this was the first appearance of it, also she was too pure for that world

Who hyped for her return?

>Superstrong
>Can't beat a guy with only a shield

Glass Cannon, more like it.

Is there any isekai that isn't some neckbeard playing out a revenge fantasy against people who wronged him in high school by sexually and emotionally breaking 1-dimensional stand-ins for them? Its hardly shocking that the genre sucks so much.

Soon Rishia will unleash her Penguin powers upon this world!

Muhahahahahaaaaaaaa!

>ShieldHero doujins

NOOT NOOT

Yeah, those written by people that have tax evasion charges

I want to say Mondaijitachi.

>the guys and girls are capable of having conversations with each other without being stuttering spaghetti doormats or insufferable cunts
>it isn't MC and his harem surrounded by a bunch of incompetent idiots and cartoonish villains

Truly a rarity