Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_Author
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ok I will let it die

>changing cibo's origin story for no reason
>sanakan smiling and talking constantly
>no giant safeguard vs. hijacked builder fight
>toha heavy industries cut out completely

They should have made the movie a completely original story instead of a weird partial adaptation of the manga. It would have worked better.
The music was amazing, though.

>changing cibo's origin story for no reason
They changed the location, not the story itself.

They also radically changed her character. She was the sociable, kind-hearted one in the manga. Here she was a cold-hearted bitch.

>OTP
>in a manga where are no sign of romance
>because they're bunch of soulless robots/androids in the first place

Stop ruining this series with your shipfaggotry

I don't think we've read the same manga

Just reading Blame! for the first time and using two sources. The Master Edition, and the Omanga version.

What the hell is up with the translations?

What the heck is this line supposed to mean?

>She was the sociable, kind-hearted one in the manga.
Where did you get that idea?

I'm going to leave this high level Safeguard here, please don't touch.

How did Sanakan enter the village? The electro-fisher don't trust Killy until after he walks through the barrier, which implies that a Safeguard may disguise as a human but cannot fool the barrier, and then Sanakan does exactly that. It's like the scriptwriter first established the importance of the Safeguard barrier and then hoped we immediately forgot what it's supposed to do and then remembered what it did after it was destroyed. What gives? Cute webm not related.

I have the reprints in Japanese. If you can tell me which volume it is, I can take a look at what she says.
I hope it's not #2, because I've lent it to a friend, so don't have it right now.

They removed all the stuff about Killy rescuing her from the Corporation and breaking through the megastructure that was blocking their expansion.
In the manga they've been traveling together for some time before meeting the electro-fishers. In the movie, Cibo just shows up and leaves before they develop any kind of relationship.

I get that there's only so much story you can include in a 90-minute movie, but I still would have preferred to see them show up to the village together.

The Master Edition is probably a better translation, since it's later shown that Toha Heavy Industries is actually separate from the rest of the City.
The Omanga release is pretty sketchy in other parts as well. The only real advantage is has over the official release is using "Killy" instead of "Kyrii".

Yeah it's in volume 2 of the master edition, near the beginning of log 12.

did you even read? killy made them wet everytime

So, what exactly is wrong with Kyrii?
Original furigana of his name is キリイ. Ki ri i. Kyrii is basically that. Here is the pic of the original text.

I am aware that original covers had "Killy" on it, but it's also from the guy who named his manga "Blame" because he though that it's how you spell "blam" sound.

Ah, that's a shame. I think there were raws on goddess, let me check.

Threadly reminder that Sup Forums crossies who know nothing but shitty cutscenes in their shitty games and complain about animation framerate as well as nu-Sup Forums faggots who unironically recommend frame interpolation garbage plugins to them need to neck themselves asap.

I just see it as a gookification of his name, I'm not really butthurt a japanese translated manga has a Japanese pronunciation.

>"Killy" instead of "Kyrii"
Is this autism? Because I can't believe people still get salty over this.
If the author wants him to be called Kyrii, accept that he is called Kyrii, man.

Threadly reminder you know nothing about animation and the CG was objectively bad because the choppiness was visible due to a lack of transitional frames and wipes.

Or, you know, one can both admit that the frame rate was pretty damn bad AND that it's still a great film/adaption.

>No romance
What about Sanakan and Cibo's love child?

She says it's not part of The City. As I recall, they're looking at Toha, are they not? In which case, it's very much true.

That's a copy of the exact same post from the last thread. Can we ignore the obvious bait?

>lol if Nihei wants to redraw Blame, just accept that the redrawn version is the right version

>Cibo rushing to help injured scientists during the artificial NTG debacle
>displaying remorse when Killy destroys the tribe of clone women
>saving the Toha fairies from dying
>always speaking up when Killy refuses to talk
>Alternate-universe Cibo greeting Killy with a smile
>giving everything she has and even sacrificing herself to save the fishers

And then in the movie, she walks off without a care when Sanakan shows up. She had a heretical side no doubt, but she was never a heartless bitch like in the movie.

I'm still confused about this. Did they bang?

Actually, yes, because you know why? He's the fucking author.
If you like his work so much, give him some respect, man.

We don't really know. It's up to you to choose what to believe.

Personally, I believe they cuddled and talked.

Or rather she didn't want to jeopardize the most important objective in the whole venture.
A few colonists aren't anything compared to getting the whole megastructure under control.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_Author

>when is katakana used?
so you know it is killy or something written in japanese
kirii or kilii are also acceptable but no idea where kyrii comes from

His name is Kylie, and I'm going to scream at everyone who disagrees because Nihei is always right.

I assume it's because "Kirii" can be read as "Kayree-ee" and not "Keeree-ee" because English is retarded.

>"Kirii" can be read as "Kayree-ee"
No. No, it can't. I can't think of a single real English word that does anything like that. Are you sure you're not thinking about the not-human-language, French? And gee, "Killy" might be a nice substitute to deal with those problems!

1. I find it amusing that you're expecting everyone to accept that idea, as if it's a law.
2. I think you misunderstand that concept. It's about me being able to enjoy Ender's Game even if the author is a big-ass homophobic. Stop being so self-entitled.
Given that the name "Kyrii" has zero weight on the story, what's your excuse for clinging so much to that?

I bet if Nihei decides to correct the title to "Blam!", you people will also make a fuss about it.
Calm your tits. You're acting no better than the tumblr crowd.

Do they always refer to him as "霧亥"? I didn't know that.
I guess it makes sense to use "Kyrii" if it's supposed to be a western-sounding name written using kanji instead of katakana. Like how "愛里寿" is translated as "Arisu" instead of "Alice".

I ALREADY CAME INSIDE CIBO

>I think you misunderstand that concept
I think you only know about the popular media end and subsequent interpretation of the concept.

>Stop being so self-entitled.
Read: "things have value because I attribute value to them, and my attributions are law"

>Given that the name "Kyrii" has zero weight on the story
The story is not the work.

japanese writing wouldn't change anyway

I can see some retard reading "ki" in "Kirii" like the first syllable of "kite".

And no, Killy is a not a good substitute. The "ri" syllable is not doubled, so there can't be double L or R. There is also "i" after "ri". Which means it's a doubled sound, best transliterated as double "i".

I mean, personally, I would prefer if it was a proper transliteration, without the "y". But there must be reasons why they chose it, one of my guesses is at the beginning of this post.

Yea, 霧亥 with キリイ as furigana. And sometimes simply as katakana when screaming his name, especially in later volumes.

Again, why are you expecting everyone to obey that concept so much? It's not relativity. It's just an art concept with tons of disagreeing people on both sides.
I disagree with you and that concept.

Just finished the manga, good shit

don't spoil the ending

Then I guess you're right. I'm probably going to keep calling him "Killy" though, just out of habit. It sounds way cooler.
Is he the only character with kanji in his name? I haven't seen the raws.

if i talk about it ill put it in spoiler brackets

>I guess it makes sense to use "Kyrii" if it's supposed to be a western-sounding name written using kanji instead of katakana. Like how "愛里寿" is translated as "Arisu" instead of "Alice".
That's not how it works, at all. Furigana is used as a supplement to the text proper. It's used to provide an 'alternative reading' to the script. In many cases, furigana can be used to give a name to a thing; I'll use Fate as an example: 約束された勝利の剣 becomes エクスカリバー in the furigana, as opposed to エクスカリバー being the text proper. Furigana can be written in either hiragana or katakana. Hiragana as furigana is used for pure native words and 'expected' readings, even if they don't match the text by conventional rule. Katakana as furigana tends to be used for *anything* which is not a native word. It doesn't imply Western nature or anything specific; it just implies 'not intended to be read according precisely to the Japanese alphabets'. The distinction between "L" and "R", and the value of the lengths of certain sounds, and so on don't exist in Japanese. You can't double-up on "R"s like you can with "K"s or something. So, the single-R name "Kirii" becomes "Killy" because it can't be explicitly written "Killy" in Japanese.

Funfact: The only people who give a shit about death of the author are idiots who wasted their college education on an English lit degree.

>why are you expecting everyone to obey that concept
It's not a matter of "obey", or even "agree". It is an innate truth. There's nothing to prove or disprove. The points of contention are about its value in application, not its inalienable necessity of accuracy. You can't 'disagree with it', because it's an inherent trait of the world.

>And no, Killy is a not a good substitute. The "ri" syllable is not doubled, so there can't be double L or R. There is also "i" after "ri". Which means it's a doubled sound, best transliterated as double "i".
You don't know what you're talking about. The English word "Harley" is written in Japanese as ハーリー or ハーレー. That's about all I need to say to prove that you don't know what you're on about.

I haven't done my yearly re-read of blame! yet; someone remind me, what was the highest level killy fire the GBE at again? 4 or something?

He drains that entire power facility and I don't even think that's the max setting.

Fun fact: I didn't. Interesting ad hominem, though. I don't think I've ever before seen a variant of that post wherein "college education" possessed an independent value factor. Might you be a "lol only STEM matters"-type human?

converts all the food to energy, never shits or pisses

But "キリイ" doesn't change the reading of "霧亥," it just clarifies it. It's not saying two separate things at the same time like your example does.

>it just clarifies it
so it has different readings

It gives a reading to a nonexistent word. There are multiple readings of both 霧 and 亥. There's nothing assured about those kanji reading as キリイ. For all a blank reader knows, it might be read ボウカイ - until they are given the 'proper' reading from the furigana.

Found the Sup Forums crossies. Please go back to your containment board and carry on jerking off about 0.01 fps gain in Cowa Doody with your newest graphics card.

Sanakan did nothing wrong.

Let's talk about this page for a moment. After Killy's first encounter with the level 9, there are a few pages of his internals restitching themselves and 2 other scenes - one with the girl and dog, and this page. One is clearly a flashback, which implies the other is as well.

The person in the first panel looks suspiciously like Sanakan due to her neck implant, and the third person in the second panel looks suspiciously like Killy due to his height and hunched stance.

Then you factor in Sanakan crying out Killy's name when they first fought in the fishermen arc, as though they had known each other before...

Were Sanakan and Killy ever allies at one point in their long history, and did they fuck? I think the answer is yes and yes.

>One is clearly a flashback
It's a dream. Post is invalid.

Does this manga have any good ass?

Don't be ridiculous. Cyborgs don't dream.

If they continue with another movie they can easily do the Silicone Lifeform and TOHA plot wrapped up together. Cibo tossed a piece of her arm out of the lift at the end of the film and only half of Sanakan's body was destroyed.

They can just have Cibo implant the bit she tossed out into the remains of Sanakan and then have her catch up to Killy when he finds TOHA after fighting some cyborgs.

I just want to see dhomochevsky

and Nikolai Ivanovich Dhomochevsky is his name
[piano noodling]

Blame is a pretty fucking good CGI movie, great even. I could only notice the choppiness of animation at the very beginning. Other than that, the pacing, the music, the action, pretty much everything was quite great, and the story served its intended purposes very well.

Yes, it's not a faithful adaptation of the manga at all, but it doesn't have to be. The movie holds very well on its own and we can hope that there will be more in the future.

I also don't get people's complains about Cibo — she didn't seem like a "heartless bitch" to me at all here.

Is Netflix saving anime?

Is the Master Edition really worth it with the egregious redrawing of some major scenes?

The fishermen clearly had never met a high-level safeguard disguised as a human, or they would have all been long dead. They probably just assumed that the barrier would stop one.

no

It is worth it for the retranslation, better scan quality, and the lack of page mirroring.
The name complaints are autism.

Compare the Exterminator First Class fights

does cibo's new body have a vagina

It's been years since the last time I read Blame. Please do remind where they are.

So if this is on netflix, does that mean it is already subbed?Also
>all this autistic arguing over moonrunes in a story where moonrunes dont really matter

>really worth it
Unless $30 is a lot of money for you, yeah. There's problems with the translation, sure, but the book feels high quality. It's nicer to display and read than the original print.

And aside from that one screenshots of a redraw with the exterminator first class, I haven't noticed any other redraws

The thing that kills Sanakan and Cibo in the antepenultimate chapter.

Man, I meant the volume and the chapter or at least what part of the volume. I barely remember anything after so much time.
Subbed and dubbed in several languages. I only turned the English dub for several seconds somewhere in the middle of the film out of curiocity, but it seemed less terrible than usual. Not like anybody gives a fuck though.

Gee I wonder what volume the third to last chapter of the entire manga could be?

what's the deal with the framerate in this and knights of sidonia? is the studio lacking computer power?

He means purely in relative terms, I'm sure. Compared to every other character she's noticeably compassionate. Not sure if it was intentional on Nihei's part but as she started hanging with Killy over hundreds of years she gradually becomes more cold and stoic like him, but not enough to not react with shock when he obliterated that lady hooked up to some kind of perpetual cloning machine, and she very clearly felt bad for Dhomo after seeing what he has to deal with on a regular basis. The facemending scene was actually pretty sweet in a depressing way.

Cibo a cute

It was a mercy killing by the Killy. And that cloning machine resembles the net sphere contact machine Cibo made when she was still scientist at Kaito.

hello Sup Forums
I saw the blame! movie and now i would like to read the mango

Which version do I read?

Master.

Ignore any and all persons who say anything about the Master editions. Read the scanlations that you would find in any normal places.

What was the person in the cloning machine trying to accomplish? Produce enough iterations of themselves to randomly produce working net terminal genes?

THREE DAYS and Nagate using the captain's entrance in the next chapter confirm that they did

Nobody knows. There are a lot of nightmarish things going on in the City.

I don't remember that. I remember him hooking up to a bunch of safeguard to obliterate the kaiju safeguard, but where is that scene?

I just re-read yesterday too. So much to miss.

There's nothing wrong, it's just that the original volumes had it plastered on front

>ADVENTURE SEEKER KILLY IN THE CYBER DUNGEON QUEST

So the name Killy isn't a western fabrication. It was either Nihei or someone at the publisher who gave it to him originally.

>the dog is the coelacanth
this guy is just fucking with us

I just noticed in the last chapter how Killy gets his leg back for a page, then it disappears again.

Must've drawn them out of order.

He finds another leg in Blame 2.

Is the animated movie a good way to get into this?

He also dreams of Iko's human body, which he never saw, alongside Dhomo
Do they have a past?

Read the manga first.