Koe no Katachi

This is the magnum opus of Kyoto Animation

So beautiful and so perfect in every ways possible. Yamada did great job adapting the 7-volume long comics into 2 hours

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13022142
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinky_swear
youtube.com/watch?v=U2cAM_jaS2k
streamable.com/38v65
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>comics
You've done it now.

Shoko's voice is so cute.

>comics
How can you praise and yet greatly insult this movie in just 1 sentence.

Motherfucker please.

it sucks compared to the K-On movie

What did this gesture even mean? Why did Ishida blush after doing it?

Shouko is my wife!

>Yamada did great job adapting the 7-volume long comics into 2 hours
No she didn't.

He was touching her hands the entire time he was showing her what he meant.

It IS a comic though. Don't be autistic

>comics
You only do this to yourself, OP

But yeah, I just finished watching it there now, really goddamn good.

>tfw you will never hear Shoko try to say that she loves you

Just another KyoAni cuck fest. I was hoping there would be a romantic conclusion. I guess I expected too much of them...

>this scene
>people say knk is realistic

it only needed a kiss and it would have been perfect, the fuck is up with japan and kisses man

Bodily contact is icky and gross outside of JAV and procreation

They tried to cut the romantic element from the manga (except for the confession scene which they inexplicably kept)

I agree. If they cut this one moment out, this would be one of their better movies.

>This is the magnum opus of Kyoto Animation

nah. Disappearance is much better.

Now that the dust has settled, was it a good movie?

strawpoll.me/13022142

the fuck is up with people and the need for romance

Who /new mascot/ here?

It was a great adaptation of the source material and the animation, art direction and voice acting were all exemplary.

But the story is still pretty shit thanks to the source material.

If you've read the manga, it was a mess

If you didn't, it was a "masterpiece"

Is it better than Takemoto's magnum opus, Hyouka? Also Haruhifags need to fuck off.

>That scene where she put her hair in a ponytail and tried only talking to Ishida instead of using sign language

Holy shit my heart :33333

Yes.

I'm not the only one who laughed when she was about to jump off the balcony and he still takes his shoes off right?

Maybe I'm just a heartless bastard but I didn't get any feels from this movie, still enjoyed it though.

slightly worse than both Haruhi and Hyouka

>If you didn't, it was a "masterpiece"
No, I haven't read the manga but the screenplay felt extremely clumsy to me, with too many characters without a real purpose in the story and way too many things happening.
I think I'll read the manga now to see if it makes more sense.

This is just typical KyoAni bs.
>acknowledge the 2 mc's love each other early on
>do nothing about it

Can someone explain in that scene why they both went there at the same time? I didn't get it

You are not japanese enough to understand the utter filth that shoes are. He didn't need to kill everyone in the house

It's anime's magnum opus. I've known all along that the only person who could top K-On! was Yamada herself, and she did.

They communicated telepathically.

Shoes are serious shit in glorious Nippon.

Shouko had a dream that involved Shouya saying he's going to go die now so she woke up in a panic.
Shouya woke up and the last thing he remembers is Shouko jumping off the balcony, so he sprints out to go see if she's okay.
>she pokes him to make sure she's not dreaming
Cute as fuck

Shit like this is very common in fiction.

It's called the Shinkai effect

it will. It fleshes all the characters including the moms as well as enhances the overall story especially the ending.

Anybody else think the letter should of been left in?

The movie expressed it better without the exposition. You still get the feeling that Shouko is putting up a fake smile.

Cringe as fuck, too much. Good thing the movie left it out.

What the fuck does that pinky intertwined with pinky hand sign mean that shoko used? Is that just "promise"?

I've watched about 8 minutes so far then paused it. Bored as fuck already. Does it actually get interesting at some point?

"Friend" right? Looks like the same gesture from when they first met again

Most of this was fairly obvious from the movie and jesus christ, this is why I find the manga so amateur and forced in its storytelling.

The major complaint about the movie is that it didn't hold the viewer's hand, right?

She's nice but I'm a loyal man.

why is there a butterfly theme? does it have to do something with the suicidal motive or the funeral?

I'm going to marry Ueno!

Nope

No, the major complaint is that they've tried to shove too much shit in 2 hours of movie.

Yes, reading too much manga makes their brain too lazy to understand actual storytelling.

Butterflies are a symbol of death in jap culture or something I think?

I hate knowing there is likely to be at least one disgusting Reifag sharing the thread with me but it's worse when they reveal themselves

It's explicitly anti-autism and anti-ADHD.

Yamada should be ashamed of herself for shitting on the crippled.

Yes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinky_swear
About life or rebirth or pic related. There's a ton of it in Persona 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=U2cAM_jaS2k

I'm so glad I bother you.

Have any other sub groups announced intention to sub this?

They are just going to edit HS' awful subs.

Only because you have little individuality and are so uninteresting that you waifu a blank slate character

So is she really a burden? Or is that just a joke?

Yes, she's a waste

Colour scheme is so lacking in creativity, feels cliched. Almost getting on Shinkai levels of emotional obviousness.

>It IS a comic

She think she's a burden to everybody in her elementary school class, She thinks she caused ishida to lose every one of his friends so she wanted to die and not fuck up other peoples life

If you're judging a movie based on color scheme alone, you're missing out on a lot or missed the point. Stick to finger-painting. Maybe that's more of your speed.

It's been years since I've cried this hard to an anime
>tfw montage of all of Shouya's friends and family around him and the OST suddenly becomes quiet as it switches to Shouko smiling at him

What? I'm just giving my opinion on one aspect of the visual presentation. The use of colour has that same synthetic saccharine feeling that everything Shinkai does has, its a symbolic use of colour to evoke feeling that is so obvious and lacking in creativity that it just comes off as trite and unsophisticated.

>Implying it's not because its good source material
Kyoani is merely drawing slave.
Still not on the same level with Ghibli nor ComixWave.

>comics

>Yuzuru's bare feet
did Shoko kick her out without letting her put on her shoes wtf that is cruel

She probably ran out without putting shoes on. She also wears the shows Shouya gave her throughout the rest of the movie.

It's okay, user. You'll be okay. We're all there for you.

>She also wears the shows Shouya gave her throughout the rest of the movie.

Cute!

I wish she would step all over me

>all this bullshit drama could have been avoided if ONE fucking kid (who wasn't a pansy like Sahara who ran away) befriended Shouko

You know very well that it had nothing to do with who befriended her or not, it was the mom's fault all along. Why was the mom so shit despite the grandmother being great? No fucking idea.

What else would you call it? Manga literally means comic. I bet kisama-tachi are the same kind of baka that gets mad when hito hanasu like kore.

never heard of this before. do the main characters end up fucking or not?

i no longer bother reading romance manga or watching romance anime where the main characters don't at least fuck once. it's tiresome and i hate this "will they won't they" shite.

You and your kind need to fuck off back to whatever shithole you came from.

You don't have to watch it as a romance movie if you don't want to. It could very well be something else.

sign language is fucking cool streamable.com/38v65

コミック is the physical volume. The work is 漫画. A publishing company or printer would make the コミック while the artist draws the manga

Man, all the people who said non-manga readers wouldn't understand are imbeciles. Just finished watching the movie and everything was clear as fucking day.

Nope. Hyouka is still KyoAni's only great anime they've made in the last 10 years.

They don't in both the manga and movie (unless you count holding hands), but it's basically certain that they'll be a couple in the near future.

Wait what? I thought it was gonna be a trilogy of movies. They did the whole fucking manga in one movie? The fuck?

it's not really a romance movie, it's more about Ishida's personal growth and developing / repairing relationships

I thought this was going to be a Misha origins story

So why do you burgers keep calling football as soccer while something that isn't football called football?

The movie is pretty much perfect.

So what was up with the scene where Shouko goes to the doctor and the next day wears only one hearing aid? Was one of her ears getting better? Did it have something to do with the scar that Ishida mentioned later?

Her hearing got worse.

>dumbass
What is this stupid memesub?

Ah!

she could hear a very mute amount in her childhood, like when isihda rolls up a paper and yells at her, but as she gets older her hearing got way worse to where she was completely deaf in that ear