Is this the single best directed scene in all of anime history?

Is this the single best directed scene in all of anime history?

Yes.

No.

I don't know

Maybe.

That's no End of Eva's ending scene

Yes

No, I laughed

Probably not. But that doesn't stop it from being good now does it?

This scene was more powerful than anything in Koe no Katachi, and I didn't even give a shit about Re:Zero

That scene was ridiculous as hell, such a shit show actually trying to evoke a sense of tragedy, taking itself seriously, was only laughable.

Wew lad are you serious? Or just falseflagging

Go back to blowing the budget on your projects, Anno

You mean storyboards and aesthetics or other aspects as well?

It's not even that well directed, really predictable too.

I didn't even finish this show, i only saw like the first 5 episodes , episode 15 and maybe 17 then dropped it cause it's fucking ass, but it's still better than anything about knk

How so?

>giant silhouette
>haha it's snowing
>head rolls
Wow guys, truly a more powerful scene than Shouko trying to kill herself with the fireworks going off

There are better scenes in that film.

>masterful horror scene vs. generic melodrama scene

I don't know it just plays out exactly as i thought it would, walks in see's her on balcony, i remeber thinking to myself
"watch him trip for "dramatic" tensions"
5 seconds later he runs into a chair and craddles himself for 5 seconds, i just face palm'd
"really?"

Nothing about it was particularly striking or interesting, the music was nice i guess? but that's only really because the ost is so cheesey and abysmal.

Too many kino scenes to count.

>masterful horror scene didn't left an impression
>generic melodrama scene made my cry and will probably never forget it for years to come
Really makes me think.

As expected of GodAni

The main virtue of the show is in portraying Subaru''s "power" as being psychologically damaging each time it's used, both to himself because of experiencing death and becoming more afraid of it - not less - and further watching his friends die and being unsure if he can stop it. The horror the show conveys is through the tension of "Where" his savepoint is and if he makes a mistake does he ruin his "playthrough."
It's very clever, it not only makes his power not over-powered, but also preserves both tension and danger in a world where the MC is functionally immortal.
That said, I can understand why people wouldn't like the show.

On the other hand, Koe no Katachi, while a solid work, has many great flaws that its current hype and fandom are being obscured by. Re:zero as a show was better executed (with flaws) than Koe no Katachi as a film was executed. gave Re:zero and 8. Koe no Katachi a 7.

Great post, what's your MAL?

I gave both Re:Zero and Koe no Katachi a 5/10 but that's a great explanation of the only part of Re:Zero that I liked. Maybe KnK should be a 4 since it didn't really do anything effectively like that.

Do whatever you want, the fact that you needed some random post on Sup Forums to persuade you to rate some shit show higher already tells us how little your MAL scores matter.

Why did she remove one hearing aid?

I'm not rating Re:Zero any higher, too much of it was boring bullshit. I'm just realizing that KnK never really executed anything well

Probably the best scene of the decade yet

Too kino for an anime