Why are there no anime that are like NHK ni youkoso? Why? Seriously, why? This show is an absolute master piece...

Why are there no anime that are like NHK ni youkoso? Why? Seriously, why? This show is an absolute master piece, whoever wrote it is an actual genius who has a deep and interesting understanding of the human mind. Why is there no anime that is like NHK ni youkoso?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u_7z_WVcpdw
twitter.com/tpolight,
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's the kind of show you only need one of

Anime is dead just like me, inside.

Light novel > manga > anime

The anime is good, but be sure to check out the other ones.

The novel is the ultimate experience but the manga is kind of ugly
What made it so good was the fact that the characters were real, they acted like how people act and thought like how people think. Obviously it's not completely realistic otherwise there wouldn't be a story, but god damn like why aren't other shows like that

You'll probably get a lot more mileage looking for similar manga, rather than anime or light novels. Of the three mediums, manga definitely has a lot more examples of NHK-style psychological writing.

manga > anime > dogshit > Light novel

Couldn't get past the 1st episode because MC felt like pathetic self-insert garbage and I didn't want to see him get saved. Is it actually worth it?

it's not self insert, the mc is the author. he really was a hikikomori and he wrote this story to help him deal with being a hikikomori, and that can really be seen in the ending where he doesn't manage to stop being a hikikomori, because the author didn't know how to stop either

Battle Programmer Shirase is close in style but its a much different story.

There's lots of anime about fucked up people bettering themselves.

Ya think so? The LN had a lot that the others missed. Like the scene when they went to church tripping on psychedelics. And I found it to be much more emotional. I could relate to it so much that it actually made me cry.

>whoever wrote it is an actual genius who has a deep and interesting understanding of the human mind.
I'm sure that is why the author of the novel is now in a cult

>light novel
>LN
It is just a novel

>Asians writing a real book

>whoever wrote it is an actual genius who has a deep and interesting understanding of the human mind.
Yeah, about that...

I like that kind of anime.

Btw bros does anybody know about that old school anime in which a Jacked guy arrives in a horse to a town and everybody greets him gently but he's kind of a conquer and wonders why they won't defend themselves and proceed to beat the fuck out of the town's leader?

I saw a webm but forgot to ask. Looked like old anime.

Need to know please.

Satou was a complete piece of shit and even neets can barely relate to him. After a few episodes it does a great job of making Japanese culture look ridiculous.

>who is Mishima

That's how I felt watching it, like I was being served up such a ridiculous loser that even I could look down on him sometimes. Seems like other people like it a lot and I'm a sheep so I'm gonna give it another chance anyway

Do you know about Watamote?

Female protagonist and pre-college, but it's even more eloquent about the issues that might lead one to the hikki lifestyle.

Sounds like Raoh in Hokuto no Ken...

Because 99% of japs is have a shit taste

>How to get yourself depressed in less than 20 minutes : The Anime

This anime is good, but its gonna make you insta depressed if you're hikikomori

why did he try to commit a suicide at the end ? just live for the one you love for fuck sake there is no reason to kill yourself for nothing

after all these years i still don't know what does self-insert

now seriously .. I've read the manga and watched anime, I personally couldn't get into manga at the end, so is LN better?

Its a comedy about a degenerate girl. Absolutely NOTHING like NHK.

>Anime didn't cover this chapter

Did it even touch Misaki being a hs dropout?

For me him jumping symbolized how he wants to buy into his own bullshit, and the fact there's the suicide net symbolizes how he has to come to terms with reality

NHK is a comedy about a degenerate guy

It did cover this chapter and it did cover the fact she's a high school drop out

It was mentioned at least once

No way did they cover the bondage, starving and moving to Sato's house parts, I'd remember

I don't even remember it other than that the moral of the story was lazy.

Tatami and Watamote are kinda close to NHK

ah I thought this was the part where he says no to her second contract, my mistake. The anime doesn't also have the fight between satou and otaku guy

Oyasumi Punpun

Anime did much better work with the other hikikomori guy. Instead of immediately becoming a slick salaryman after working out his life he picks an errands job which is much more realistic.

With otaku guy you mean Yamazaki?

Yeah I don't know why but Yamazaki's name never registered in my mind.
Each medium has its advantages. For example, you can actually feel how obnoxious the music from Yamazaki's room is in the anime. I think the novel is the best one.

The novel and even the manga are way better honestly.

The anime chickened out on some of the darker elements of the show.

>obnoxious

youtube.com/watch?v=u_7z_WVcpdw

That's okay because the anime has the cutest Misaki

But crazy Misaki is the cutest Misaki.

there were so many good chapters in the manga, too bad they weren't covered

Personally I enjoy the novel's misaki most

This

>whoever wrote it is an actual genius who has a deep and interesting understanding of the human mind
Reminder that the author of the novel was a hikkineet himself.
Though he vowed to better themselves, it was far too easy to live off the royalties after the book became a success and he didn't change his ways.

Was that scene seriously not in the anime? How could they exclude that?

The anime is a dreadful adaptation with horrendous character and narrative alterations.

Fuck you OP, fuck you. Literally the worst of all three NHKs, only redeeming factor was the fantastic music and voice acting, squandered on shitty rewrites and censoring.

>NHK
>Good
I want this normalfags meme to stop.

The only other alternative to him being extremely aware of the way his mind functioned as a hikikomori is that this was all written as a stream of consciousness, which I find to believe
read the thread nigger my favorite version is the novel but the anime is still galaxies more advanced than any other show

You are overrating it. The anime watered down the novel anyways

dunno

this one too, concluded the relationship between satou and senpai much better

Sauce?

>who has a deep and interesting understanding of the human mind.
Yeah, no. It's rather that people who can empathize with the MC usually have few social interactions and have thus a poor understaning of most peoples mindsets as well and are thus easily lead to believe that the few in fact probably superficial similarities between themselves and the MC are indicative of the authors deep understanding of the human mind.

But the first novel came from Japan.

She's one crisis away from going hikki once she finds herself without parents at home to ensure she leaves to go to school, and shows a lot more difficulty articulating words than Satou does (unless it's with someone she's very familiar with), which weighs heavily on her interactions with the outside world - without support she won't end well.

The manga is superior because reality is ugly

Also Misaki a shit

>just turned 19
>dropped out of college this year
>satou started being a neet at 19
How did it turn to this lads. My life is a meme.

>Satou is unrealistic, nobody is that pathetic
You'd be surprised

This

Do a little bit of research, anons. Satou is an analog for the author.

Are you people high? The only one and correct ordering is

Novel > anime >>>>>>>>>> manga

I know this is not /wsr/, but which NHK-like manga are you talking about? The only vaguely similar manga I can think of is Onani Master Kurosawa.

And WataMote. How could I possibly forget about that one?

This hurts user.

College is a meme. You're young enough to get a job even if you have a sparse resume. Build up that job history starting now, and you'll do fine.

I was mostly referring to myself
>or the r9k guy who hides when the doorbell rings and his parents aren't home
>or the r9k guy who would rather dump his piss jugs out the window than go to the bathroom if his roommates are home
>or japanese hikki who got died by getting crushed by his bookshelf of h-manga

Why is the MC a NEET anyways? He had sex with a hot girl in high school and is a moderately attractive young man.

Basically, he's too beta and/or clueless to deal with things from other people. Senpai offered to let Satou do her as thanks for keeping her company all that time but Satou didn't do anything past that. He realizes this now and constantly regrets it.

His fear of being judged as a failure led him to go full hikki and actually become a failure. A saner person in his shoes would probably just ignore the wishes of other people to do whatever the fuck they please.

me and the 3 other people I know who post here are all satou levels of fucked up. well, i guess one of them is actually quite a bit more fucked up than satou (keeps getting tossed in the psych ward every couple months), so make that 2/3

because he is based on a real person instead of an /r9k/ caricature.

user, the reason you're a NEET loser isn't because youre an ugly virgin, its because of your mindset.

You type like a fucking 14 year old.

Fuck off.

Learn a trade you stupid fuck.

Here is the author's twitter twitter.com/tpolight, there is also a link to his site. None of it looks normal

Genius thing beside, the NHK Novel was just a way to cope with the authors own problem, he wrote a book about escaping shut-in syndrome to escape his own shut-in life.

This was his second book and it also sold well but he just shut himself in anyway, the excess money just made it easier not to leave the house.

The LN is pretty bare, it's good but the constant dark and gloomy enviroment makes it pretty depressing, the anime actually managed to lift the overall feeling by adding some fillers.

fuck i want to be a hikki so fucking bad, and i wish i were as fucking deranged as sato

im also pretty sure i hate misaki

>quit job
>start doing drugs and stalk elementary school girls
>never take out the trash
>never leave the house and spend your day sleeping all day or just smoking and drinking

How does that even sound remotely fun

>Want to purchase the books
>Last book is completely rare and expensive

So why hasn't fucking Viz released these physically doesn't make sense to me.

Fuck you Tokyopop

the anime really botched the ending if you read the novel.

In the novel, the game they make is an RPG where the final boss represents society and no matter how much you try to kill the boss, you cant hurt it. The only attack that can beat the final boss is the suicide bomb attack which symbolizes that the only way to beat society is to kill yourself. The anime changes the game but keeps the jump scene which makes it really weird. The novel ends with Satou postponing his suicide for the time being, its actually a pretty dark ending.

It sounds fun until you actually fall into the lifestyle. It's like saying you want to try getting blackout drunk or have a bad trip. In other words, you sound very naive.

Don't compare this to that shit show Watamote. The show isn't genuine at all, relying only on the main character's social dis-functionality.

It lacks the introspection found in Welcome to the NHK.

>it's not self insert, the mc is the author
that's the definition of a self insert though

because waifushit is more profitable...

There are plenty of realistic anime dramas: Nana, GTO (though it has a lot of goofy shounen stuff), Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Beck, Genshiken, Kids on the Slope and Hourou Musuko come to mind.

>Make the MC a pathetic loser
>No upside
>Every character points it out
Gee, what a quality self-insert. I want to self-insert as that guy.

Most of those anime start out pretty realistic, but then fuck realism for the sake of drama. Still I like a few on the list.

overrated entry level crap. babby's first neet pandering girl-drops-from-the-sky anime

also a thinly veiled rec thread. yawn.

Which ones? Only Rakugo really had some fantasy elements but it didn't really effect the nature of the show.

if satou existed in real life it wouldn't be weird. He doesn't act in an inhuman way. I can't really think of a character from those shows that is like that.
It's not because there is no show and there is no light novel that is as well written as nhk ni youkoso

>if satou existed in real life it wouldn't be weird. He doesn't act in an inhuman way. I can't really think of a character from those shows that is like that.
Main characters from Beck, Genshiken, Kids on the Slope and Nana? Really only Onizuka is kind of unrealistic from all of those.