The Reflection AOTY

youtube.com/watch?v=HvBD6PBAKZk

Looking foward to this Anime Sup Forums? So far it looks like it will be the only decent show of Summer.

Where the fuck is my coffee, Joey?

The Mushishi staff is promising though

> Stan Lee
> mushishi staff.

I think this is the legit reasons for hyping

I also like how the protagonist will be a girl. And judging by the poster, her design is cool

>I also like how the protagonist will be a girl

You must not watch a lot of anime.

Female protags are like anime's bread and butter since the 60's.

Where did you blow in from.

As long as it's nothing like Ultimo, I'm all in on Stan Lee's new wild ride.

Yeah but Anime with girl protagonists are almost always a Harem, Shoujo or Echii show. I can't remember the last ACTION Anime that had a girl protagonist

>I can't remember the last ACTION Anime that had a girl protagonist

Once again, I don't think you watch a lot of anime.

>Yeah but Anime with girl protagonists are almost always a Harem, Shoujo or Echii show.
LWA is none of those things and is airing right now. It's not strictly action, but still.

But Kill La Kill aired in 2014

Mahoiku aired the season before last. There's probably a fair few others too.

>aired in 2014

Why would the air date matter? Just because you don't pay attention to anime's history doesn't mean we don't have a long tradition of female protags.

>I can't remember the last ACTION Anime that had a girl protagonist

which is also Ecchi

a show where the female lead isnt the one doing the fighting

Please just take your lack of doing research into anime elsewhere.

You're acting almost proud of your ignorance, which is insufferable.

OP here, I wasn't that user

>yfw Stan The Man will save anime

This. Like they say third time's a charm.

The greatest action heroines of anime and manga are from a time long past, the 80s and 90s were best eras for it.
At least Gally is getting her LA movie next year and even if it sucks there may still be enough renewed interest in the franchise for a new anime adaptation.

>PV didn't show shit (only still 3D CGI images & Stan Lee shilling)
>AOTY
Nah

That's a start

>Stan Lee

Are we getting another fuckably feminine Trap hero?

>Anime with girl protagonists are almost always a Harem

Nausicaa? Slayers? R.O.D? Lain? GHOST IN THE FUCKING SHELL?

There's a fuckton of female protagonists anime that were successful.

Ah.

Watch more anime, fag.

nah

stop overrating your shonen ecchi anime, user.

Even if you defend her, she won't marry you. She is not real.

Did you just call GitS is a shounen anime?

Because that would be hilariously ignorant.
Do you even know the definition of "shounen"?

It's qwhen the protagonists kick the villains asses with the power of love and friendship

All the Stan Lee anime and manga have been terrible

Maybe this time it won't be

Let's put aside the fact that none of that is relevant to GitS.

Shounen manga/anime are demographic category defined as work targeting young male audience, teens and younger.
Both the original GitS and Arise ran in Young Magazine lineup, a seinen magazine, not a shounen magazine.
Not to mention both the films and S.A.C anime series were targeted for adults.

I realize you're attempting to do "I was just trolling with ignorance" but I'm still going to school you with facts.

Besides, Shirow Masamune would make a terrible shounen mangaka anyways.

sure, like he did with Ultimo and Heroman?

Ultimo went to shit when Takei went full Homo for some reason. I swear that guy must be gay or something

it was pretty gay since the start though

Name any other medium with more action heroines.

None these are harem, shoujo (no idea why we wouldn't count these but whatever) or ecchi, they're also all from the 2010s:
Amanchu, Concrete Revolutio, Death Billiards, Dimension Fate/Zero and Stay Night, Flip Flappers, Gatchaman Crowds, Flying Witch, Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Genshiken Nidaime, Hibike Euphonium, Houkago no Pleiades, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Jormungand, Joshiraku, Kill la Kill, Kuragehime, Kyousou Giga, Little Witch Academia, Woman Called Fujiko Mine, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Mardock scramble, Midori-ko, Nicjijou, Panty and Stocking, Psycho Pass, Shirobako, Sora no Woto, Shinsekai Yori, Yozakura Quartet

>Fate/zero and stay night
>Female protagonist
Really activates my almonds

My question is what harem story has a female protagonist? A male protagonist is kind of core to the whole idea of the genre.

Concrete Revolutio Mc isn't a girl

>mfw Stan Lee continues to take credit for Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby's work
>Mfw Stan Lee continues to be seen as an artistic visionary and not a hack who just knew how to market himself and be a good spokesperson

Even if one or two of my pics are debatable it's still proof that what user said was bullshit. Especially since I'm really selective in the first place and watch very few anime each season.

The music's pretty hype, yo.

>literally a chinese cartoon

C'mon, it's not like Bob Kane and Bill Finger.

Get with the times gramps.

>DEEN

Yes, and?