Why the hell did One Punch Man get so much more popularity than Mob Psycho 100...

Why the hell did One Punch Man get so much more popularity than Mob Psycho 100? I honestly feel it's a much better story and a hell of a lot more interesting.

More mass appeal, more big tiddy & loli bait

Because murata didn't redraw it. Thats the only reason OPM got more readers and an anime. Afterwards people (normies and redditors) started to realize he had another series. Also Opm is better more wide range of characters, a clear endgame, better chicks and more comedy

Since when does quality have anything to do with popularity?

Because no one likes an ugly shotacon as their main character.

If OPM kept the same art style, no one would read it though.

ONNNNE PUNNNNCHH XD epic

There's your answer

In this case the side characters make and break the shows.

One punch man is better because higher stakes and the side characters fight a lot without saitama and prove themselves.

Meanwhile the villains in mobpsycho100 aren't as interesting and the side characters are not good enough to make up for the shitty OPness of Mob, though reagan is pretty cool at the last episode.

Because OPM looks a lot better at a glance and is also much more of a parody than Mob Psycho. OPM is easier to get into since at the very least you can laugh along with it. Mob Psycho's humor is a bit more subtle and in general it's a lot more character-driven. It's a lot easier to understand Saitama than it is to understand Mob because Mob is a lot more complex.

Mob is extremely boring and uses 14 yr old logic that makes me want to shoot up a middle school.

wait, I thought Mob Psycho 100 is popular though.

Besides, BONES has My Hero Academia money, they can fund another 4 seasons of Mob on that alone

First and foremost, OPM has almost no cultural boundaries to get over. Superheroes are a subject matter that's contemporary and widely recognized in western media, which is why OPM can easily appeal to the western normie audience. MP100 on the other hand is much more "anime" for lack of a better word.
On top of that OPM had a larger fanbase going in due to the redrawn manga which helped with word of mouth.

Saitama is an unemployed man and Mob is a middle schooler.
Guess who we can relate to?
Saitama of course

It simply doesn't have OPM's mass appeal. It's also a much more character-driven story with a common premise and setting and a comedy that is a bit more subdued and which gets better over time as opposed to OPM's immediatly funny and ever present gags.

That being said popularity is in no way an indicator of quality, and simply because Mob doesn't get OPM's fame doesn't mean it doesn't deserve the same recognition. I would even argue that it's actually getting said recognition, since it won the Shogakukan award not too long ago.
I personally largely prefer Mob Psycho to its older brother, even though I believe both series are roughly of equal quality.

While I consider Mob to be a better written work of ONE, OPM has far, far, FAR more mass appeal than MP100 will ever have. That's just an objective fact.

>BONES has My Hero Academia money
so they are in the red?

Because super hero movies and shows are popular right now.

>the villains in mobpsycho100 aren't as interesting

Yeah no.
I love OPM but the villains in MOB are far more interesting than OPM. Not a single character in OPM could come even remotely close to as interesting as Keiji Mogami, nor carry as intimacy and emotional parting as sacrificial death of Dimple.

Mob Psycho had a bad last episode

Fuckin this

bait 101

Because OPM got redrawn by Murata. That is the version everyone reads, knows, and the anime was based off of.

OPM pretty much only focuses on what it's best at, humor and power levels. Mob Psycho has too much focus on interpersonal relationships, which aren't written that well.

You're bananas. Character developments in Mob are some of the best in all of shounen manga.

G E T O U T

>Mob Psycho has too much focus on interpersonal relationships
But user, that's arguably the best part of Mob Psycho.

That's so wrong that I'm in disbelief

Reigen wasn't the main character in MP100 that's why it's not as popular.

he's the best character in MP100. I hated him so much in episode 1. I don't believe it. He's just so smart and amazing. He doesn't even need powers

If you read the manga, it's not as clear cut.
Reigen is awesome, but so are so many other characters.

I wish they could animate Mogami arc and Psycho Helmet arcs.

Because OPM is a parody that makes fun of capeshit while Mob Psycho is a literal ripoff of X-men.

best of the worst doesn't mean is good.

>Why the hell did One Punch Man get so much more popularity than Mob Psycho 100?
The original OPM is a web comic. It is literally free to read. Online publishing is not the same.

Normies don't care about a story that actually has meaning.

Mob Psycho is a parody of a genre that's all but unknown in the west, while the shit OPM is parodying is pretty well known here.

I can't speak for Japan, though.

>Mob Psycho is a literal ripoff of X-men
Fucking millions of things are are "ripoffs of X-men," because X-men has an extremely basic/simplistic premise.

Well we don't like Mob psycho as much because of that. Sorry

>implying X-men are even that relevant
Get with the times grandpa, it's all about the Inhumans nowadays

Go back to bed, Quesada.

That's the incorrect reason.

Original OPM, redrawn OPM, AND Mob Psycho 100 are ALL serialized free on the web. Only difference is MP100 is only free for the current issues, not back issues.

X-men mutants weren't human anyway.
Whatever, no mutants have been born in the last 25 years :V
one punch man has more meaningful story because there's lots of monster threats.
mP100 only has claw and they're weak

I can understand people saying My Hero Academia is an X-men clone, but Mob Psycho? What the fuck?

>clear endgame
???

special snowflake espers with X genes

You already know why. Fuck off.

People can't appreciate mob's moe.

hey now, you're being rude to OP-san

>:V
Fuck off and kill yourself, newfag.

MURATA = GOD. He singlehandedly turned a shit premise with shitty writing and art to a decent series.

OPM is a huge spectacle and was amazing to look at, like it or not it was a really well done production the likes of which is very rare to see these days. Also the manga/webcomic was already quite popular.

>Only difference is MP100 is only free for the current issues, not back issues.
And here you have the difference, and it is not a minor one.

Mob gets boring. OPM at least stays consistently funny

I disagree, I find it the opposite way around

Because One Punch Man is a simple and clean, fun shonen while MP100 has a much more complex story.

Don't worry, I'm rooting for MP100's season 2 too.

>Only has claw and they're weak.

I see you only saw the anime. The claw boss is actually stronger than Mob at the time they fought, the exorcist spirit was also stronger than him, and psycho helmet is basically a god that mind raped the entire city and planned to expand from there.

>we
Not sure who else you're referring to there my man

I love Mob, don't get me wrong, but the story has a tendency to feel boring.

Mob could've easily won against Psycho Helmet.
The ending of that arc was still great though

If he had acted immediately he could have. By the time he noticed the broccoli was sapping his power it was basically too late.

Opm is 1000% dogshit

Psycho Helmet was still impressed when Mob used up of his psychic energy and surrendered though. Even with the broccoli, I think it would've been close.

Since Dimple died I kinda agree but it's been wrapping up a lot of things (Telpathy Club/You know who/Cute girl/Reigen being lonely/End of Claw) so i'm scared it could end soon. We really only have ???% to understand, if we can

So what's the current situation for both stories?

Pure Psychic power wise Mob's maximum power is a little stronger than Mogami

It's just that Mogami is fucking terrifying and anyone would be and should be terrified of him.

It was planned to end at chapter 100, that's why they're doing the whole 99.x thing. The current arc is the last one, sadly.

Well with Mob, you have to think a little to understand what's going on.

That alone blocks the normies and escapist faggots from enjoy it

one punch man is straight forward, action and comedy right from the start
mob is more traditional with a plot that builds up and most people dont have the attention span for that in 2017

Just going off of the anime mob was pretty weak in certain departments. A hero who doesn't want to be a hero or fight is never fun or entertaining to watch, at least saitama is passionate about fighting and finding a challenge.

Also the whole SUPERPOWERS ARE BAD narrative was lame.

Mob's becoming an Alpha enough to ask out the school's popular girl after getting /fit/

0 and dropped/10

DIMPLE IS ALIVE AND WILL APPEAR AT THE END TO ROOT FOR MOB AND GIVE HIM THE CONFIDENCE TO CONFESS

I can't even comprehend how can people like Reigen.
He keeps saying to not use your talents and just become a mindless sheep that obeys the society.
While it's true in real life that you have to become one with the sheeps it is still fucking stupid.

The thing I enjoyed the most in MP100 was when Mobs brother was setting up bullies at school and destroying their lives to clean up the school. That aspect really gave me a boner. I love it when characters break rules and corrupt themselves for the greater good. Too bad he pussied out and apologized. But then towards the end Reigen saved it

The message wasn't "Super powers are bad".

It was "Super powers don't make you some god like special snowflake deserving of worship".

I think the writer was just trying to do something different, like a deconstruction of the idea that having powers would make life a breeze. It fails because hes simply wrong.

No. He said it's dishonest and unfair to use your special powers against people that don't have them just because you were born with special talent. It puts you on a whole other level and it's cheating.
He also believed that kids should be fighting to the death against adults. That's why he did it himself. He wanted to save Mob from the horrors of combat and war

>*that kids shouldn't be fighting to the death against adults
Wew

Why would using your talent to get ahead in life = cheating?
That's like saying don't play basketball if you're tall.

>It was "Super powers don't make you some god like special snowflake deserving of worship".

But its wrong. I get where he was going with it, but its just not true to life. Look at athletes and rock stars or anyone who is exceptional at what they do, it literally turns them into special snowflakes who are worshipped by the masses, and they aren't even anime level special.

The blonde guy was meant to be the example of this, but of course your idea will seem right when you're the one writing the outcomes.

The girls are better.

Because while a short person can play basketball too, a non-esper can never possess other people or exorcise spirits or make knives fly at others without touching them

He wasn't saying to become a sheep and conform. He was saying to not abuse your powers and think you deserve things just because of them. That was the entire point of claw. They're a bunch of people who failed at life in general and are pissy about it because they felt entitled to sucess just because they had special powers (talent). And in the end hes driving this into mob when they first meet mainly because he's fucking terrified of his power and doesn't want it turned on him. Since you know, Regan is kind of a selfish coward and hypocrite.

No he said that no matter how much talent you have you're still part of society and its rules.

There is nothing wrong with using powers to gain the world.
Rich people do it too.

Reigen is a selfish coward?
did you watch the last episode?
He had no idea that he had all of Mobs power and he wasn't afraid of claw

that's still wrong.
Rich people are the bad guys of real life remember?
They don't conform to society and it's rules

They're only bad guys for poor shitters like you.

This. No fucking way is he dead.

>Reigen is a selfish coward?

Strong words but he is a flawed character, but that's most people in general so I don't hold it against him.

He WAS a selfish coward. Now, especially after the separation arc, he's far braver.

>That was the entire point of claw. They're a bunch of people who failed at life in general and are pissy about it because they felt entitled to sucess just because they had special powers (talent).

Yeah that was the one instance of him shitting on super powers that I liked, because it is pathetic for a bunch of jobless freaks to go around picking on kids, and that's pretty common in anime/manga.

Yeah? And Mob was worshiped by a cult. The message is true all the same, even if the person is 'worshiped by the masses'. Mob simply doesn't have the basic perquisite to be personally admired. Just his power. Ever see those famous actors and athletes go through a controversy and have their reputation dragged through the mud? Bill Cosby, for example? You gotta be more personable and avoid doing shitty things if you want to stay popular.

These things really shouldn't be compared. They're nearly opposites. OPM is One parading the cliches and expectations of action shonen around for laughs and gags. Mob is One using that same palette to explore and see what he can pull out of it.
And this, Murata's art is beautiful but it misses the point of the series, which leads readers to also miss the point. Same with the anime.

they're only good guys for bootlickers and rich guys like themselves.
I am 80% of the population and you're 20%. Guess who is right? Democracy says it's me

that was character development and it counts. I hated him at first but he grew on me

He wasn't really shown being terrified of Mob's power, user. I believe he was genuinely just trying to impart some life lessons on a kid, even while he was using him.

>it's another guy who says OPM is still only about making laughs and gags about action shonen tropes and that Murata's art "misses" the point
OPM is as sincere about the tropes as it is in making jokes about them, user. If you haven't realized this yet, you're just a pretentious wanker pretending to understand anything.

Have you seen the STALKER threads recently? MHA S2 is selling like shit.

>normies
Fuck off, you cancerous crossboarding newfag.

I'll give you that, talent isn't everything, but if you make the most of it it makes life so much better, this is just undeniable.

Mob refusing to use his powers is like a pretty girl splashing acid in her face just so she can be more like the ugly girls, its just dumb, especially when talent can be used for good and to elevate others.

> Look at athletes and rock stars or anyone who is exceptional at what they do, it literally turns them into special snowflakes who are worshipped by the masses, and they aren't even anime level special.
Elvis died on the toilet. Just because people worship you doesn't mean you're more than human.

Sad thr anime didn't raise the popularity of the manga. Tankobon sales have been abysmal.