Should churches pay taxes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BXIvrF2kARE
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walz_v._Tax_Commission_of_the_City_of_New_York
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Obviously.

Sure, as long as Mosques and Synagouges have to as well.

If they pay taxes, let them decide policy, too

Yes and trust funds too

there should be no income tax

All religious establishments should pay taxes. Scientology would go under the next day.

Since when are private jets so cheap?
LOL

Retroactively, yes.

Normally I would say yes that taxing houses of worship is okay, nothing unbiblical about it, but not for us. It is an unamerican concept legally and culturally

none of you seem to understand the mentality behind prosperity gospel. my grandma explained it to me simply, and i can explain it to you guys too:

>nobody wants to hear a broke person telling them that they can be successful

only if they make over a certain amount of money
small churches don't need taxes

I'm not even religious but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to judge spiritual success the same way you do financial success.

amerimongrels are absolutely retarded about religion. i never saw the cult like behavior in europe that is present in the US, nor all the retarded splintered micro-churches.

>if they make over a certain amount
nonprofits dont make any money

There should be a hard limit. They should have to show that over 80% of the money donated actually goes to the poor or to the upkeep of the church. Of the remaining money, no more than 40k a year should go to the salary of any individual. If they don’t meet those standards they’re a scam, not a church.

Now with abortion being lawful and gay marriage and tranny shit, pastors have to speak up against these things. Churches have always been seen partly as centers of community action and being the conscience of a community and nation.

Churches provide community services and shit that the government would otherwise have to provide, and do a much worse job at it, so no, no taxes.

>i never saw the cult like behavior in europe

Would rather face that than have a weird state church and corrosive post war godless culture.

Yes.

theoretically, but churches do collect money that gets stored in a bank account and is spent on maintenance, building projects, paying the pastor etc

it's a business, and business is good
youtube.com/watch?v=BXIvrF2kARE

Any business that generates money should pay taxes, even if the only thing that business sells is religion.

Ok but that is not a profit

If they charge money for services then yes. Not sure what the law says about donations but they should follow the laws on that too. In any scenario where a company have to pay tax, so should churches.

individuals are taxed based on the money they earn, not "profit"
church taxes could work the same way

No way man it seems to me to come to close to violating the separation we have between church and state.

>In any scenario where a company have to pay tax, so should churches.
I have to pay sales tax at my churches bookstore

Even as an atheist, I see the rationale in not taxing them because of separation of church and state. HOWEVER... This does just open the door for fraud. There needs to be some kind of special rule to it about the expenditures or how the money is being used.

If the church is running like a business AT ALL, meaning someone is paying them for goods and services like coffee shops, daycares and gyms in the church? That should be taxed. Because you're taxing the business transaction, not the religious element of donation. Providing television shows is entertainment, thus taxable.

Stuff like that. Tax what would normally be taxed if it was a church doing it or not, but don't tax the church simply for existing or tax donations and what not?

>individuals are taxed based on the money they earn,
they get deductions
>church taxes could work the same way
So nothing like regular corporate taxes

>taxing donations

>So nothing like regular corporate taxes
churches aren't corporations with product and profit, so that model doesn't work

They should now. Religion is not supposed to take part in our voting and politics, that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. Pay up father and bend over sister Mary .

I'd take the gullible Christians and the televangelist scammers to the suicide cult that controls Germany any day.

Government gives special tax treatment to churches that it doesn’t give to any other businesses and organizations. How is that a separation of church and state? Treat churches like all other businesses.

not all corporations have product and profit

>that it doesn’t give to any other businesses and organizations
All nonprofits dont have to pay taxes
>separation of church and state
Not in the constitution

Citation needed

Where did the bullshit come up that religion should have nothing to do with politics, that has never been the case until like 20 years ago and look at the flood of shit since

I don't know about taxing them but the rules and standards regarding tax exemption could use a revision these days.

>Where
((()))

All non-profits should pay tax

MyBordersMyChoice! Get in here faggots. FAIR WARNING THIS IS SHILLS TO SHIT IN BREAD.

>nobody wants to hear a broke person telling them that they can be successful
What about Jesus?

>could use a revision these days.
why dont we just eliminate income taxes?

CHURCHES SHOULD PAY TAXES! This should not be an issue. Your entertainment is taxable.

>paid for by private donors
at least its better than dicrapio and gore bitching about CO2 emissions then flying off in their private jets

No, there shouldn't be a tax on cash gifts. Their property, utilities etc, but not on gift money.

Nobody should pay taxed

Churches are covered by the same rules as all other 501(c)(3) non-profits.

So the real question is whether non-profit organizations should pay taxes. And most people would probably agree that no, they shouldn't.

Fuck off faggot, go make a website dedicated to political activism if that's what you want to do.

yes
also enjoy your slave morality christcucks

you guys have been cucks since the 1900's

They should have all of the restrictions of any nonprofit organization. That will cap this ridiculous exploitation of elderly and gullible people.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walz_v._Tax_Commission_of_the_City_of_New_York

Copeland has money because he owns land with lots of natural gas on it
But it's sad watching him get so wrapped up in money

How do you tax a church?

if they revenue is through donations how do you tax that

Absolutely obscene. These people basically use their church services as a free platform to market goods and services like feel-good books and retreats. They also target the poorest and dumbest part of the population.

That's a business, and should be taxed as such.

Not according to Calvinist lol.

Lol I call Joyce the clown lady when she's on the TV.

>feel-good books
Church bookstores have to pay taxes

ones that give money to people outside the nation should pay taxes

Sure, not mine though.
We make awesome Temples

BTFOed

Yes, all priests and pastors are homeless. I don’t even know how they afford food and haircuts.

>Church bookstores

I can't believe this is even a thing. There's only one book ffs.

that's not a religion, though. just retarded older (most likely childless) women.

humanism is a religion

3 million dollar jet?

That's a fucking bargain.

its a pretty dinky jet desu. you can't even stand inside it.

$3 million for a private jet? Wtf?! That seems insanely cheap. What's the catch?

> televangelists
> churches
kek
remind me, you luteran hypocrites, why the split?

dicraprio doesnt represent anything though, he just says he does then acts like a turd