BLAME! thread

just recently saw this. it was decent.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Luh9Fs5bTLo
youtube.com/watch?v=1wR8yy-vn1M
youtube.com/watch?v=XgXUKwEzwuo
youtube.com/watch?v=A8OAEbq0dgE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best scene in entire anime. Don't expect the rest to come anywhere near this quality.
>hides shitty animations
>hides horrible facial animations
>hides boring as brick plot
>hides piss poor characterization
>hides artificial and under-developed stakes.

I was great as a standalone movie
not so great if you consider it as a movie based on the blam! manga

one of the few shows in which the cel shading wasn't overtly annoying.

i loved the manga though, so those fucking villagers annoyed the shit out of me.

also, nothing was big enough

6/10

cibo's design was alright

The best scenes were Sanakan senmetsuing the village, and Killy punching her in the face

I want to spray my oil all over her servos

more like tallright

I like my Cibos to have feet

>>hides boring as brick plot
>>hides piss poor characterization
lol at them trying to fit in a "unrequited crush" subplot in the movie

Yuzu barely knows this mute and she's shedding tears at the end

So how good/bad is the CGI? I made it through Expelled from Paradise.

Did you watch Knights of Sidonia? Because it's basically the same thing with better texturing. They literally showed a trailer for this movie in the middle of the Sidonia anime.

wew

Why are dystopian robots allowed to be this cute?

Cool, Gantz!

Not that I'm complaining but manga Sanakan looked all sad during her murder sprees. Anime Sanakan looked god damn adorable.

they increased the moe a little bit

spoted the indexfag

it was not the worst that it could have been but I found it to be disappointing

The cowboy music + Killy's flying punch into Sanakan's face was the best scene in the anime.

I hated this adaptation a lot less than I thought I would, I loved the dumb cowboy theme. Sanakan's bass-y Tron Legacy ripoff theme was properly spooky as well.

music was really bad
they should have used 80-90s japanese synth music
youtube.com/watch?v=Luh9Fs5bTLo

Post Chibos.

The best thing about this movie, really.

I can't get enough of this big girl.

i just feel sad. it just looked like they didnt even try to catch the feeling i got by reading the manga. endless talking endless action endless emotionen instead of endless space endless emptynes endless silence
for a stand alone maybe alrigth but hell with this manga as base it just isnt possible to see it as stand alone

>the music was bad
>posts gook Kenny Loggins ripoff as the alternative

youtube.com/watch?v=1wR8yy-vn1M
youtube.com/watch?v=XgXUKwEzwuo

S H I T T A S T E detected
H
I
T
T
A
S
T
E

robot pussy

She is both disgustingly alien and attractive. Why. The way she walked and moved holy shit. I would be frozen in fear and boner.

What happened to arm Chibo at the end? Is she now some village sage?

>not knowing violence jack
neo Sup Forums doesn't feel like family anymore
silly kids

Now is not the time for fear!

s3 when

In a perfect world BLAME! would be a tv series directed by Ryutaro Nakamura and there would be an omake based on BLAME! Academy after the end credits of every episode.

I never really got the idea about robot waifu, but this girl here is the exception.

Anyone have the saved image where user explains Blame!

reading through blame now. why is nihei so unintentionally funny?

here you go, also Biomega is so fucking beautiful compared to Blame!, I fucking forgot

Need to spread my net terminal genes inside of her.

>it just looked like they didnt even try to catch the feeling i got by reading the manga
>the feeling i got

Stop being such an entitled faggot.

Cibo a cute.

That's quite an interesting story. Shame I could never get over the art much to read the Manga.

His brain is thousands of years old. He doesn't even remember the early parts of his life, or how he got the gravity beam gun. It's understandable that the main thing he talks about is "muh net terminal genes".

>BLAME! era architecture
>Sidonia era character design
This is the best combination.

What is about blondes, long legs, and purple that make is all so good?

Wait. Is that thing actually a character in Sidonia? I just got to the start of the season and I have been seeing in it fanart. I don't know if I can take it seriously if it is.

It's better than Sidonia in a number of other ways too, there isn't half as much entirely retarded or comical looking movement. The facial expressions are more varied and suitable to the situations.

>you will never lick cibo's long legs and have her princess carry you around
>sanakan will never exterminate your dik with her robutt

I want to lay on the ground as Cibo gently prods me all over with her stubby robo-feet

Why even fucking live.

Do you have more webmums of Chibo walking?

I want to pin Cibo's wrists above her head while I fill her with Net Terminal Genes

Only that one I'm afraid

Chances are that she would rape you to milk you dry if you had those genes.

youtube.com/watch?v=A8OAEbq0dgE
other than the overuse musical cue
Polygon have done a pretty good job with this Movie

though this is not a good adaption

Of coursh.

>YOU HAVE NTG? WHAT'S YOUR NETSPHERE LOGIN?!?
>...
>......
>.........
>*mumbles incomprehensibly*
>what's that user?
>THE USERNAME IS "ROBOTFUCKER" AND THE PASSWORD IS "ROBOTPUSSY696969"

Cibo gave me tall girl fetish.

Skelton Chibo a cute.

Agreed, it's a good movie but it's not a good Blame! adaptation at all.

Was Chibo also that sassy in the manga? I don't remember her like this.

>muh synthwave
>muh retro 80s

Begone from this place.

>sassy

What

she is good looking in the manga

remember at that time, Nihei did not know how to draw human face

She's definitely smarmy.

Biomega lost me at pic related and the Michael Bay style motorcycling and explosions everywhere, though I should really give it another shot.

What is wrong with a talking bear?

>Biomega is so fucking beautiful compared to Blame!,

shame the story and characters where so fucking awful.

>Sir Bearington with 20 rolls

Biomega's art and tone were incredible, but the story sucked. If Blame! had Biomega's art it would've been GOAT. Quite frankly it already might be GOAT without.

As much as I like some corny synth music, it wouldn't fit the blame! setting at all.

Build that damn city.

more like millions years old.

Did Atsuji survive?

Oh yes. And there's a reason behind that. Also, they poke fun of how penis looking she is.

That smug face

>unintentionally

"A character" - ha. She's the heroine.

translation?

Is this from the studio who made Sidonia or Ajin?

You know I can't find where but I have definitely read somewhere in a Japanese interview on the film that they thought about the locker room scene with Tae and Zuru being naked but at least partly because they'd have to make new 3D models to accommodate that.

Should just hire another studio to make 2D animation for that special scene.

Yes, it's from Polygon Pictures.

・Is there need to walk around?
・I wonder if you should get off and wait?
・Why don't you stand and wait?

・Kawaii is ok!

Can we have Abara now? it's Nihei best work.

I thought she was pushing it around with her walking. It doesn't move until she walks.

It would be/is impossible to animate properly. Even harder than Blame, and they didn't exactly meet common expectations with this. There's bits in Abara where entire fight sequences happen in under one second, and extremely fluid model mutations all-throughout. These things can be done with an extremely high budget in a 2D work (see Redline), but how on Earth could they make that sort of thing work in CG? Even now, they can't manage to make squash and stretch-type stuff work without killing the framerate. How fucking stupid would it look to have a slow-motion scene in 12 FPS, with the background moving at 2 FPS or some shit? It really, honestly, can't be done properly; and shouldn't be at all if it can't be done properly.

Clearly the solution is to wait 7 hand-drawn years for Abara.

their underwear is fine

And I would not grudge them that. But, Japanese moneymakers will never go for it.

Movie was OK as a standalone cyber soy-getti western, pretty shit as any kind of Blame! adaptation. Whoever directed it didn't seem to fully understand any of the qualities that made the manga feel so good.

Had good robo-waifu designs though. Movie Sanakan was sexy, and dare I say it, cute. CUTE!

Iduunno mate, seems a bit improbable that killy is that old given that all the humans would probably have been totally destroyed by silicon life by that point (in that time rift we see that they can evolve fairly fast). I'd hazard a guess that when the manga starts that it's only been a few thousand to maybe around ten thousand years at most since everything went to shit. Although by the end of the manga it's likely that at least few tens of thousands of years have passed simply by how long it would take killy to get to the outer layer of the mega structure with all the detouring and walking along a level.

I could always be wrong though, I've never read any of the bonus materials or anything where it actually said how long it's been.

Motorcycle Cibo is cute too.

I don't think its that they didn't understand, I think most of the choices were just made to appeal to a wider audience. Quiet, long movies without any sympathetic characters and not much going on are not widely popular.

Well there was stuff that was clearly changed for that reason, but there were also little things that just didn't feel right (at least to me) that didn't really seem like it was a deliberate choice to make it different, instead just a failure of imagination. For example, I felt the safeguards were just sort of "off" in aesthetic, as well as in behavior or I at least would have imagined them (I wouldn't have thought they would all just crabscuttle everywhere for instance). Or how there wasn't even a single scene, even a one off, that ever hinted at how fuckhueg the city really is. I mean, I suppose those all could be deliberate because of seriously low faith in the audience, but to me it seems more like a lack of appreciation than anything else.

I just don't really buy that it didn't capture what they wanted to capture when Nihei was heavily involved in the work attending planning meetings on a weekly basis and doing so much design drawing for it he jokingly mentioned was concerned that he would be scolded for neglecting his manga work.

Robot body, human mind is the ultimate combination.

>neglecting his manga work
What manga work? I haven't seen a peep out of Aposimz for months.

Now you know why.

Did Nihei change his style when he switched from paper to digital?