Should men and women in sport be paid the same by their country (forget club)

Should men and women in sport be paid the same by their country (forget club)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/
dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3609949/Matildas-lose-7-0-Newcastle-Jets-15s-Rio-Olympics-warm-up.html
dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html
theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html
huffingtonpost.com/entry/womens-soccer-equal-pay-senate_us_57472042e4b0dacf7ad42b01
youtu.be/atlojRp-9Rc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No women in that pic user...

>Athletes deserve being paid
Hahaha

sure, but make sure they compete against each other to make it really fair.

In case of tennis
Women work less
3 sets compared to men's 5

If men and women were combined into one ranking, the number 1 seed, Serena Williams would be the 700th ranked person in the world. If the 699th best man can beat the #1 woman how on earth should they be paid the same!

They also use lighter balls, women's tennis is a joke.

Caring about sports is for faggots, but if I'm going to bother I want to watch the BEST, because why wouldn't I? Why would I care about women's sports when at best they're comparable to mediocre male players?

Womeb literally get paid more in in professional tennis because they bitched that they got less prize money even though they play less sets.

They are already paid far more. Most national women teams can be beaten by male high-school teams (who are paid nothing).

proofs?

You do realize that men in the same sport dont get paid the same as other men right?

Australian female soccer team is a prime example.

cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/
dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3609949/Matildas-lose-7-0-Newcastle-Jets-15s-Rio-Olympics-warm-up.html

They shouldn't be paid at all.

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

How lazy are you stupid cunts?

>soccer

Can you even read, nigger?

This is correct. A decent high school boys' basketball team would murder the WNBA all stars

When I made this thread I was asking if women in all sports should get the same pay from their country. Forget messi making millions per month from barcelona. I just mean from their country.

Not unless they're drawing the same crowds and same TV revenue. 3500 people attending a women's game is not the same as 35000 people attending a men's game

Some other dude in the thread said that Serena Williams would get defeated by the 700th ranked tennis player. I probably mean to quote him.

these responses are not answering the question. They are just talking about pay from private parties which we understand is fine that there are gaps for sports. I am talking about national federaations

Wtf does that even mean? What sport gets player compensation from the government you illiterate tard? Olympians maybe.

I swear to God America fails because they don't teach kids economics and physics in 7th grade and up.

This happened. She made the challenge. Might have been 600as her cutoff.

Some appropriately ranked guy got drunk and crushed her.

Players get pay from government sponsored federations. For example the usa womens team were lobbying to get paid the same as the usa men's team. They get paid by the United States Soccer Federation based on where they finish in their respective tournaments. Maybe this thread is better for Sup Forums in hindsight, but it would probably just get removed.

>This happened.

proofs?

Are you dumb?

Most of the monetary differences between female and male athletes is in marketing.

Nike is willing to play a top tier male athlete 5million for a promotion vs 500k for a female one.

No one really cares about female athletes because if you care about that you might as well watch men's highschool sports.

It's well known just google it. Some guy at the tail end of his career beat both sisters easily while buzzed and smoking cigs in between games. He estimated they would be beat by players around rank 500 men

Lol. Sorry she claimed 200.

theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html

McEnroe claimed she couldn't beat any men in the top 700

Where in the world do athletes get paid by their country?

>Should men and women in sport be paid the same by their country (forget club)
Can you?

Yet again not talking about private pay. I am talking about pay from their government sporting federations. I totally understand Lebron getting paid 80 million in salary+endorsements while the best women's basketball player probably gets paid 2 million total. Thats fine

So amateur competition? Who gives a fuck? Pay them nothing and treat it like little league.

Believe it or not they do. It is funneled through "federations". It is usually in the form of funding for olympic sports that don't provide alot of money in competition. It also is usually allocated by the government for coaches and training facilities.

It was a German dude, who trolled the fuck out of both William's sisters
>"They wouldn't have had a chance against anyone inside the top 500 because today I played like someone ranked 600th to keep it fun," was Braasch's assessment.

How hard is it to understand? They are professionals, they get paid by their employer. (men usually millions, women usually tens of thousands). That is fine. However, when both teams go and play at the world cup they get paid by the government, these payments are not equal. I am asking if they should be.

I demand to see Cyborg vs McGregor. It's her turn!!!!!!

huffingtonpost.com/entry/womens-soccer-equal-pay-senate_us_57472042e4b0dacf7ad42b01

TL:DR - Government actually can get involved and have on the payment they receiv while representing the united states.

So you can get a better idea of what is being discussed.

It'd be almost as one-sided as McGregor vs Nermagomedov

You're basically trying to twist amateur allowance into some huge sexism debate except the thing you're talking about is like 2% of the sports revenue, if even. Amateurs shouldn't get shit.

Fucking kys you idiotic troll. When the entire thread is people calling you a retard, you should seriously consider that you're the retard.

No.

youtu.be/atlojRp-9Rc

>Women starts at 51:20 and finished at 60:00

>Men starts at 1:05:10

Tell me after watching this you genuinely believe men and women in sports should make the same money. Do it. I dare you.

My sides are in orbit.

You cannot be an amateur and paid by the federation in most sports. They are professionals who make money via salary from a private club and sponsorships. I am not trolling. I am asking if, essentially, Katie Ledecky should get the same payment support as Michael Phelps from the USA swimming federation, nobody else.

>That is fine. However, when both teams go and play at the world cup they get paid by the government, these payments are not equal. I am asking if they should be.
They're not playing in the same world cup though. One is playing in a tournament with the best in the world, the other is playing in a tournament against opponents who are mediocre at best when compared with males.

People who think this deserves the same pay must be communists.

Thank you for the first serious response. I personally think they deserve an equal percentage, but not necessarily and equal total. However, that would mean women getting paid less than do now.

jesus fucking christ

They should be paid exactly in proportion (a percentage) to how much revenue they bring in (through advertising, sponsors, etc). This way, we eliminate any questions of unfairness.

See how every single post from you is you making the question smaller and smaller and smaller and smaller in an insecure and desperate attempt to be right? Now the whole time you were actually talking about just two people in an Olympic sport.

Kys.

Women's tennis was a mistake.

Do you think athletes in the Paralympics should get an "equal percentage," (whatever that means) as athletes in the regular Olympics?
It's basically the same type of logic. Being a woman is a handicap in sport. Unfortunately we live in an age where all forms of logic and reason have gone out the window for political correctness, so we have to pretend women's sport is somehow the same (but different) as mens.

LookI believe they should just get an equal percentage from the government federation. I was just trying to start a debate. Maybe people think they should be paid less or more in percentage. I'm trying to use examples cause clearly the soccer one, which is ongoing, and which the women make a greater percentage than the men, so that people can understand easier.

They should be paid nothing by the government because the government should have nothing to begin with.

Taxation is theft.

Yes I believe that the people in the paralympics should get the same percentage of paralympic revenue as their counterparts in the normal olympics do. Its sad that for the paralympics that is probably peanuts, so it opens the question to if they deserve a greater percentage of their revenue, even if they still get far less than others.

Look, as long as you agree that they deserve barely nothing compared to actual professional athletes (competing against the best in the world), I don't really give a shit about percentages.

>equal outcome
are you retarded?

I think if that
10% = 100 dollars per female athlete
and
10% = 1,000,000 per male athlete
That is fine, I was just asking if people think it should be different. At the moment the women's usa soccer team gets 13% of revenue and the men get 8%, to me this is not fair from a government entity.

Almost got me, bait denied

>That is fine, I was just asking if people think it should be different. At the moment the women's usa soccer team gets 13% of revenue and the men get 8%, to me this is not fair from a government entity.
I think you made this entire thread intentionally confusing, given that most batshit lefties actually think women should be paid the same (from all sources) as male athletes.
Turns out the "percentages" you are bitching about are basically negligible and nobody even cares.

Handicap in sports is utter bullshit. Every sport should be open competition. Otherwise why stop at the specific handicaps they stopped at? Why not have 100m sprint events for people who just can't run that fast? It's a joke.

Pro athletes are professional entertainers. They make money based on the number of people they can entertain. If female athletes make less money than male athletes, I attribute it to their weaker bodies making them less entertaining to watch. As an example, compare a WNBA game to an NBA game. The WNBA game looks like a bunch of high schoolers in comparison.

If anything, it would be unfair to bump female salaries up to male ones because then the females would be getting paid the same for doing less. This is one of those cases where humans' sexual dimorphism matters.