fontspace.com/kimberly-geswein/janda-manatee
fontspace.com/xerographer-fonts/yumernub
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/210674
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/157487636/#157521433
desuarchive.org/a/search/text/2000 fonts/
dafont.com/candy-shop.font
dafont.com/rough-comic-outlines.font
dafont.com/k26swashbuckle.font
web.archive.org/web/20150819061527/http://www.redhawkscans.com/showthread.php?3308-Typesetting-introduction
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

exhentai.org/g/1035879/d60532ea36/
I'm working on this out of salt.

currently cleaning up some twitter omakes for Bijin Onna Joushi Takizawa-san but i need some advice on fonts

The author uses these really big bubbly style hand drawn letters and I was wondering what font I should try using for them.

these are the closest free fonts I could find that might fit that don't look completely terrible

fontspace.com/kimberly-geswein/janda-manatee
fontspace.com/xerographer-fonts/yumernub

Is there a better option out there?

screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/210674
here is a comparison for one of the omakes I cleaned just to show you what I'm working with

which series on mangahelpers needs typesetting?

thanks for this image, definitely saving for later use.

I don't know if bubblegums or agent orange will look good though

If you look through the archives, between February 6th and April 1st (don't ask why I have exact dates), someone shared a 2000 font zip in one of the scanlation threads. They organized it too, so you should be able to find a bubbly font easily.

any search terms that pop out as being unique to that post that might help me find it?

2000 fonts

>2000 fonts
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/157487636/#157521433

all i get is this one which doesn't seem to be the right thread

use desuarchive
desuarchive.org/a/search/text/2000 fonts/

No, I'm sorry. That's all I remember.
There's a scanlation thread like every weekend, so that's only 8 threads to ctrl+f "2000" for

oh shit thanks.

It's ok user I'm just an idiot and used the wrong archive I guess

>no fight to the finish
Nice trash.

which of these looks better?

Handwrite it or take a more round and bold and sketchy font.

maybe one of these?

What does that even mean

Kind of off topic but no idea where to post this:

What H-magazine has the least censorship?

Looking for random chapters to translate, but the magazine censorship is all so bad.

How do I go around being an typesetter?

You don't, it's boring as fuck.

typsetting takes like 30 seconds per page and anyone can do it

edit or translate or fuck off

Eh, I actually like doing it sometimes.
>Edit.
This too.

>find character hot but her best doujins weren't translated
>get salty and decide to do it yourself

Typesetting only is boring, and only other scanlators would appreciate proper typesetting, with normal readers non-cancer fonts/avoiding any kind of commentary are enough.

Maybe you could do as said, but make the text white and put an black stroke?
It would be easier than searching for a font that is specifically this way.

I'll give it a try but my handwriting is garbage so it will probably look like shit

Coming soon

You might want to expand the stroke a little so that it stands out against the art more clearly.

Good catch, I meant to do that and totally forgot

Actually, while I'm here, does anyone know the english translation for ゆふ in the middle there?

Maybe some frankenstein sfx combination of yura+fu?
Given how she's stuck in place, a mixture of light shaking/exhaling makes sense to my dumb ass, at least.

Old and busted. Check out the Google collection, there are actually some excellent fonts in there.

>30 seconds

Fuck off, you clearly have never done any.

Working on TL for a dead manga for an undead scangroup. This would all make more sense if we did zombie series, but alas.

It is a mystery

Thanks to you both, you're doing gods work user

I live to serve

Here are a few if you're still looking:

dafont.com/candy-shop.font
dafont.com/rough-comic-outlines.font
dafont.com/k26swashbuckle.font

Oh I like these, saved

You would hope so, but he probably has. That sort of thought keeps me up at night. Every night.

How do you make this kind of line pattern?

Since we're talking about fonts, any good shoujo-esque fonts? I tend to default to using Manga Temple but I don't like looking at it and want to see if there's anything different.

Why not just translate something from a tank?

Have a layer with that dotted pattern and make a mask of the text-border?

Use a small sample of the screen tone in the top right to make a pattern and then you can just apply it to your text as a pattern overlay in the effects. Much easier than

catholic school girls?

I've seen several guides explaining how to make patterns, but I don't know how I always fuck them up.

Need something a bit more blocky, the font in question is the one in the upper right.

how about Felt? Or Yikes?

web.archive.org/web/20150819061527/http://www.redhawkscans.com/showthread.php?3308-Typesetting-introduction

Red Hawk used to have a nice beginner's guide to typesetting. In the advanced section there's info on creating and using patterns.

that candy shop one looks perfect
I'll try it out

The adventures of a shota ghoul and a tsundere (male).

Write like Jesse? CC Jim Lee for something slightly more curvy but not quite. Alternatively, MyWriting in all caps. Maybe Dupree or Daniel Black, or if you want something blobby Cookie or Soft Marshmallow.

so I tried out candy shop for the font, how does this look?

It's decent enough.

I'm still strugling with this shit. I used the same font but it doesn't look the same as that other user did.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Have you tried caps and lowercase?

Just tried it, but it still looks different. Left is the one I did and right is from that user.

Looks to me like you're rotating the text, and he's skewing it.

probably this. the font looks like it was condensed so that means he was likely using a skew

Thanks, guys. It's still not the same as what he did, but now it looks less shit.

How does this look so far?

Isn't the leading too tight?

I was thinking of rotating it but It didn't look right to rotate the chapter title

I could expand the original image more too I guess

>realiity
One i too many there.

LOL I thought I fixed that shit. thanks for spotting it

I don't think you really understood what I meant with leading.

you mean the first bubble?

oh. Wow I'm retarded for not even noticing that. is this any better?

Yes, that looks better.

Tried pastels for skin tones.
Kinda like it.

What is this? Looks like a reddit manga.

What in blue fuck is that supposed to mean?

>falling for obvious bait

don't feed the fish please.

>thread at page 10 with only 77 posts

Sup Forums is fucking dead.

Just got done with chapter 20 of Shiori Experience.
There's no Jimi Hendrix for the next three chapters.

We had a thread during the weekend for days. I'm surprised someone bothered to make another one.

It'd be a lot more lively if MORE PEOPLE VOLUNTEERED TO HELP TYPESET SHIT

That's what you get for slowly turning it into a daily thread and general.

I'm doing that right now

>gimp

I'm too lazy to pirate photoshit

Typesetting is easy to learn though, it's redrawing and translating that's fuckin shit.

Actually, I take that back, I learned to redraw in like 2 days. Better hope you have a tablet, fagit.

I will continue to keep this thread on life support

please proof my page

>learning the entirety of redrawing in like two days
Yeah, sure.

Enough to make pages look fine.

>sempai

I'm already mad. Who even writes it like that anymore?

And Wild Words doesn't look bad, but it clashes so much with the original work considering it's all handwritten. Well, it also clashes with the overall style of the manga.

Pen tool works too. It just takes a bit longer.

I tried asking catscans to let me help them on Busou Shoujo Machiavellism, but they said no since their translator doesn't feel like prioritizing it.
They also said the series has a lot of redraws. I looked at the chapters. They don't
My nip isn't good enough to translate it myself though

Is anyone looking at picking up kobayashi's dragon maid?

I can only typeset, but I'm up for helping with pretty much anything by COOL

>been using photoshop for two years
>learn just now that you can draw a straight line with the brush just by holding shift between two points

does anyone have any other little tips like this, I wanna feel even more stupid than I do right now

>you can draw a straight line with the brush just by holding shift between two points
holy shit
that's ridiculously useful

Hold alt and the right mouse button and move the mouse left-right to change brush size or up-down for hardness.

I have literally no idea how I even learned that one, probably did it by accident once.

same here but I'm still inexperienced with typesetting. I really want to see those iruru chapters done

this is just a doodle from the author, the actual manga looks more polished. but i see what you mean.

I could use a different font but it might look strange when paired with the manga

idk about photoshop but you can draw a perfectly horizontal/vertical/diagonal line with shift + ctrl in gimp