Does Freewill exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/summa/1083.htm
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvaUZJnmQbNP9UVgwi2vLLzqOKLbASo1q
archive.org/stream/EdwardBernaysWomenSmokingAdCampaignPropaganda/SelectQuotesFromEdwardBernayss_propaganda_Wordpress.com_djvu.txt
youtu.be/YftlB3AxBws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

No, and it is inevitable that slide threads are posted by idiots.

No. Science says no and religion says no.

define what you mean by free will.

Nihilism is a hopeless road.
I don't know what humans have. I believe in the total predestination of the universe, but that somehow our choices are still our own because we play those actions out based on our desires.

>Why God then do you find fault

>filename
S A G E

Fags will say no, based on the predetermined personal genes a d sensory input they've received in their lives...
Good job faggots. You made a circular logical fallacy.

Free will does exist. Whenever you choose to browse pol for just 1 more hour instead of taking that shit that has been brewing for hours, you are exercising "free will."

Within the human context, "Free Will" is our ability to override our biological needs for our psychological wants.

Wtf is that filename about bud?

If it does then you can choose to not be gay

>1 post by ID
>retards ITT can't sage this shill

Only for 10% of the population at best.

It wouldent matter if it did, and since the lack of meaning will slowly madden the individual and society at large given enough time its just better to suppose it exsists. Kind of like God.

Everyone point and laugh at the retard

Maybe

Yes. Consciousness is a break from causality.

It doesn't matter.

You are saying that we are slave of our desires yet not predestined?

Does not compute.

nothing we think exists exists. Our words are just symbols or models, and as one man said "all models are wrong, but some are useful". Your idea of something will never be that thing. And free will? Our brains evolved to broduce exceedingly complicated reactions to stimuli, is that free will? Or does free will have to be the result of your thoughts as an independent person? because that person isn't independent from anything else.

Depends on how you define freewill.

does it really matter?

Yes there is free will, otherwise, the entirety of human experience becomes nonsense. The faculty of reason requires free will

newadvent.org/summa/1083.htm

>Compatibilists believe that as long as our Mind is one cause in the causal chain that we can be responsible for our actions, however they also believe every cause, including our decisions, are pre-determined.

Nor I really

>But who are you o man

You think you have freewill, but there are people who think you, our we are all to stupid to use it, so they have to manage what we think. You should study that.

Watch "a century of the self" by Adam Curtis

Century of the Self: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvaUZJnmQbNP9UVgwi2vLLzqOKLbASo1q

Read Edward Bernays' "Propaganda:"

archive.org/stream/EdwardBernaysWomenSmokingAdCampaignPropaganda/SelectQuotesFromEdwardBernayss_propaganda_Wordpress.com_djvu.txt

"Universal literacy was supposed to educate the common man to control his environment. Once he could read and write he would have a mind fit to rule. So ran the democratic doctrine. But instead of a mind, universal literacy has given him rubber stamps, rubber stamps linked with advertising slogans, with editorials, with published scientific data, with the trivialities of the tabloids and the platitudes of history, but quite innocent of original thought. Each man’s rubber stamps are the duplicates of millions of others, so that when those millions are exposed to the same stimuli, all receive identical imprints. "

"Crystallizing Public Opinion," and his essay "The Engineering of Consent."

I then took it a step farther and read the authors Bernays actually quoted in his books (he didn't quote Freud), Everett Dean Martin "Behavior of Crowds," and W. Trotter "The Herd in Peace and in War."

I would also strongly recommend Edward Bernays' colleague Walter Lippmann's book, "Public Opinion." Lippmann coined the term the "Manufacture of Consent." youtu.be/YftlB3AxBws

The faculty of the will and reason

No or wait yes, no I mean no
or do I mean yes

I can't decide if only I had free will.
>or do I?

Only I have it.

Nope. Op is a faggot dick sucker, as always.

In your first post you said that you believe the universe is predestined, but somehow say that our desires are not since we are actors.
This is paradoxical, if there is destiny therefore there is no free-will, only the illusion of it.
Answer this simple question:
Do you control your desires?

No you are a slave to your experience, genetic makeup, and unconscious biases. If any one were to experience another persons life with no previous knowledge of their old life, they would make the exact same decisions as the person they are imitating.

Freedom can be it's own prison