Does this bitch ever shut her damn mouth?

I just started episode 5 of ReCreators and so far my biggest complaint is this exposition-dumping bullet train of a character. I'm 4 minutes in and she's already finished taking a huge ass breath so she can spend 30 minutes explaining everything. Can I expect less of her voice in later episodes? She's literally incapable of speaking for less than 3 minutes at a time and it's really annoying.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost#Loss_aversion_and_the_sunk_cost_fallacy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I would like to hear more of her voice if anything.

Well if you got to episode 4 without dropping the show in disgust then you might as well keep going.
They call it the sunk cost fallacy but it's not really a fallacy.

In a perfect world, Meteora voices and act every character on the show.
You only see her with different clothes to match the other guys.

I thought "sunk cost fallacy" was some Sup Forums shit, but then again I have no idea what it means.

I unpaused the episode and kept going through it. She wasn't as annoying as I thought she'd be (but the new character that just got introduced makes me want to die)

She need to do some audio book work.

If you really hate her, just drop it now or skip her parts. They aren't even relevant because it's explained later anyway and in less words. It's retarded, seriously.

Does she ever do anything interesting again? Her Gate of Babylon with rocket launchers was pretty dope.

She gets beaten up, if that counts. But again, the action scenes are shit too.

Sunk Cost fallacy is that since you've already suffered a little bit, you might as well suffer a lot.

In practical terms and the name itself, think repairing a car. At some point you might drop more on repairs than the worth of the vehicle itself. If you do that you are probably subject to the sunk cost fallacy, the mentality that since you already started spending money/wasting time on it you might as well finish even if its objectively a bad idea.

I see, I see. Thanks for the explanation!

I'd just like to let you know that you're a retard for seeing a type of fallacy and immediately assuming it's Sup Forumsshit.

Ah, another victim of the classic Sup Forumsfallacy, truly sad.

My b

It's how anime (and its fucking retarded) tends to lazily show off smart people. Instead of the authors actually THINKING, and saying "hey, this character is smart, so they should be the one to connect the dots that the audience members are picking up on." they instead have the character describe the situation in flavorful detail. Then when the dots are to be connected, it's never actually touched upon by the characters or comes to a head and the antagonist reveals his plan all along. Surprising not only the whole cast, but the "smart" character as well.

Tangent: Fuck this show. There are so many leaps in knowledge is actually is starting to piss me off. Seriously, MC is just gonna up and tell Mahou Shoujo chick his literal DEEPEST DARKEST SECRET just because she came up to him and asked? Meanwhile, the rest of the ENTIRE CAST AND JAPANESE GOVERNMENT are sitting around being like "Yo, who the fuck is this?" I get it, he didn't remember straight away for some weird reason but he had tons of chances.

No, it's because it's her fucking role in her source material.

That's not an excuse for bad writing.

It's her role to what? Describe the obvious non stop? It's called being an author and you don't have to always have a character talking.

I have only watched 3 episodes of this and had a blast, but I keep hearing the next ones are shit.

Is the exposition really that bad?

I picked up the show because I saw a Gigguk video and thought it looked fucking awesome. I mean, a girl playing a rifle like a violin with a sword? That's creative as shit. Too bad there's been 20 total seconds of action and the rest of the show is multicolored hair sitting around being fucking clueless and not doing anything interesting. Fuck me. At least My Hero Academia is here to keep my dick stiff

>The exposition is horrible. Have fun listening to a Meteora TED Talk in episode 4

>Gigguk

Me too. I was in it for the dumb fun, I really was. But don't present me with a discussion and then spout absolute nonsense for 4 episodes with maybe 10 minutes of action. It's been a fucking drag. It's 24 episodes, but I get the feeling it should have been nonstop action for 12 episodes. We're getting too political and weird. I don't think this show knows what it wants to be.

This show is disappointment of the season. I mean, last episode hyped up Mamika to do something cool, but then she just gets her ass kicked, and that was after three straight episodes of infodump. Latest episode was an infodump too. God, fuck this show, it's amazing how one can fuck up such an awesome premise.

>Awesome premise
But, no.

>gigguk

He is right though, not like it is a novelty concept or anything but the characters and setting where there to at least have a fun time

The show knows what it wants to be. The only issue is the level of infodumping. Even if that's what they have to do, they could have at least made it visually appealing like in episode 2 instead of talking heads. Other than that I think it's an alright show.

who?

>I thought "sunk cost fallacy" was some Sup Forums shit,
...What?
It's an economic thing.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost#Loss_aversion_and_the_sunk_cost_fallacy

normalfag e-celeb shit

All it's doing is buying time. Literally nothing that's happened with the exception of army involvement over the last hour of screen time couldn't have been explained in about 10-15 minutes tops.

Yeah, I'm retarded. Forget I even said that, haha

>Can I expect less of her voice in later episodes?
Yes, she doesn't infodump in episodes 6-7 and both of them are better than previous ones

Does anyone have that image of nothing but subtitles over a picture of Meteora?

>hating best girl Meteora

I want to lewd this shark.

Will she save this show?

I think the premise went over your head a bit.

Buying time is exactly how it feels. There's just not enough content for more than a few episodes. Reminds me of Valkyrie Drive where the first 10 are filler and the whole plot gets resolved in the last 2.

I'll let you in on a secret: everybody hates infodump characters in games too. They mash buttons to get through their walls of text. Many games even make jokes about it. Yet for some reason, every character in this show just sits and listens while she explains herself in circles for 10 minutes making theories based on nothing. If they really wanted to make use of the setting, the other characters would be as tired of it as we are and call it out. Instead they're too stupid to think for themselves. It's not clever to have the infodump character infodump for multiple episodes in a row. It's just padding.

This is true. And when they talk to the opposing characters it's never brought up either. She's just a waste of time. But even with her low screentime the show is still boring.

I want to rest my head on her lap while she expositions me to sleep

I want her to hug me while she whisper her info to my ears as we slowly fall to sleep.

I want to cheat on her with Red

Nice, you'd be perfect match of that slut.

She's not a slut in anyway

>Red
>Offering her body for Rui to get his favor
>Not a slut

maybe instead of blaming her, you should blame every other dumb character who needs explanations all the time

She's cute so its fine

>How dare an infodump character infodump Reeee where's my action!!!

I guess you must have the attention span of a Goldfish.

No, it's her fault because no one actually asked her to explain shit and it's irrelevant anyway.

>voicing opinion is a fault now.
Why is this sound familiar?

see you next week

If they wanted to pass across how the MC is a dickless, spineless beta, they are succeeding.

I gather that the Hime is a char written by the now-dead girl, possibly some form of self expression by another suicidal Beta. The art - the looks - are probably Sota's, therefore he's her co-creator.

The stuff that's missing is probably the context of all those net search results - I'm guessing they both got mercilessly dissed, the dead-girl about the writing and Sota about his drawing.

She sudoku'd by train, and he did what betas do - buried his drawing pad instead of trying harder, and pushed the entire Altair business out of his head to the point he DID NOT recognize his own character when he saw her in flesh, in front of him.

Also, remember he's a beta faggot. Everyone ELSE in his "team"/side, is in fact normal - they will simply be themselves, but won't run away crying when interacting with others... Note how the second-in-beta-ness, the scriptwriter, responded to being called "fatty"? He just said it was uncalled for, then continued on. Heck, I'd be happy if they showed him starting to exercise or go on a diet.

Sota? He's a sort of beta that would just go hide after something like that, and that's what he's currently doing.

Why talking to mahou-chan?

Simple - she's a child. As a hopeless beta, he feels more authoritative in front of a child, and therefore is acting more honestly and openly.