Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (The World God Only Knows)

Does Sup Forums still hate me?

Never did. It's obvious that a normal girl winning was the only logical way to end his character arc

It's not that I hate you. It's just that it ended in an incomplete note.

>write an entire unnecessary arc with time travel and shit
>just to retcon best girl winning

It was just stupid, the entire time travel arc was concentrated on Tenri and Dokuro. Chihiro was never fleshed out as a character.

I don't hate Chihiro, but the time travel arc was an unnecessarily long explanation for Nikaido's role, her winning was just the climax of that shitty arc

This.

Why was Chihiro a normal girl?
More importantly, why don't the others count as normal?
Because she had no character traits?

Does anyone care about this guy's new series?

Seriously. Regardless of how you feel about it, the outcome was foreshadowed to hell and back. If you didn't know Chihiro was going go win by the end of her conquest (let alone by the whole goddess identifying debacle) you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Is that the library girl?

It looks like her
Tags on it say gender bender
I think the third chapter may have come out this weekend

FUCK YOU CHIHIRO
Shiori = Tenri > Kanon > Ayumi > Elsie > the rest

You mah nigga

Out of all the girls he picks the slut

3 years later and this never gets old.

Yes, normal girls have no personality

How do people get mad over Chihiro winning specifically? She was the one who loved him before the start of the manga minus time travel stuff.

I never did, you were always okay in my book.

>How do people get mad over Chihiro winning specifically? She was the one who loved him before the start of the manga

That's called base breaking. They gave her an unfair advantage without actually making her character more interesting or better developed.

She is the least developed character out of the entire bunch. All she has is her lust for good looking boys and some guitar playing towards the end. Fuck, even that annoying company president daughter had more character development.

They dislike her because she hurt their feelings.

Self insertfags BTFO

I don't think you know what character development means.

>I don't think you know what character development means.
The personal growth of a character over time and fleshing out a character with more character traits and / or backstory.

>just to retcon best girl winning

But Chihiro won lad.

Though they never finished adapting it into anime so we couldn't see time travel shenanigans and how they end up together.

Haqua a best girl.

still glad

Why

Did you even read her arc? She was never actually after the guys. Her whole arc starts because Keima rejected her out loud and triggered her inferiority complex. Goddess arc was continuation of that because she didn't have a goddess.

I think anyone with a brain knew she won the second Keima rejected her on the bench during the goddess arc.

>I think anyone with a brain knew she won the second Keima rejected her on the bench during the goddess arc.
She only won because people got pissed about his cold rejection once she wasn't worth conquering anymore. There was no foreshadowing at that point that he actually cares about her, they only added that later.

>King of Idol
>genderbend

Not sure if want.

>There was no foreshadowing at the point that he actually cares about her.

Pic related is during her conquest arc when after he sees her getting rejected he spends that whole evening thinking about her. The following day he tries to think of something to cheer her up, only for her to have already gotten over her rejection. This leads to him getting so irritated, he shuts himself from reality for several days. This is all before he agrees to help with her conquest.

Forgot the pic.

That's not more attention than he gives to any of his targets. Him thinking about her means him thinking about a route to capture her.

>But she's normal!
That's the problem though. It trades generic harem romance for even more generic general romance. That combined with the time paradox retcon trivializes all the development of the other girls into pointless romance of the week nonsense.

All she feels like is a dull endpoint to Keima's arc than a girl he'd have the most chemistry or even the most compassion for by the end.
I can't make up what's there is to feel like "yea, that's a relationship that will last foreva!"

AT THESE EXACT COORDINATES IN THE SPACETIME CONTINUUM

Who are you?

fpbp

Chihiro winning was pretty much the only part of the ending I actually liked. After how good the Goddesses arc was, the time travel arc was a huge disappointment. And it ended up taking, what, almost a third of the entire manga?

also there's that really funky scene at that end and elsie may have been some kind of god or some shit

Oh, right. The revelations about Elsie and Dokuro just seemed to pop up out of nowhere to resolve the whole thing at the end. Just remembered Haqua forgot about Keima and Elsie at the end too. That sucked too

>Does Sup Forums still love me?
Fixed, and yes.

She's not, of course. But by comparison of 'girls with goddesses' or 'gal game stereotype,' there you go.

On the contrary I platonically love you.

>She only won because people got pissed about his cold rejection once she wasn't worth conquering anymore
Wakaki wrote that plot development with the specific intention to have dramatic impact, not unknowing of how his audience would respond. That development is also a big indicator of Keima's true feelings for Chihiro, for had he not been so interested in her in the first place he wouldn't have pursued her 2nd route so hard to such a dramatic end.
>There was no foreshadowing at that point that he actually cares about her, they only added that later.
You simply were not paying attention, as half the fanbase by that point was certain--for cause--that Chihiro would win. To add to what the user said >That's not more attention than he gives to any of his targets
Chihiro wasn't a target. Keima spent 3/4ths of the arc denying that she was. Which only went to highlight his heightened sensitivity to his interactions with her.
>Him thinking about her means him thinking about a route to capture her.
Keima acting the way he did during her arc was him being tsun.

honestly I get the impression that basically H2 and gash bell are the only manga in the history of weekly sunday that has ever had an ending that didn't feel rushed and odd
even hayate's ending didn't feel satisfying

>if Kamisato was Elsie's partner then goddess arc would never happened

No, but the others were better.

I'm glad I dropped it once the Goddess arc started.

Yeah, because Sumire was best girl

How did the cake shop manga end?

It completely goes off rails at that point.
I should have guessed success would turn it from fun galge parody to generic romcom shit.

No, i'm still mad but not as before.
The way Tenri got treated at the end was terrible.

Not sure, but there were a good 7 volumes iirc