Koe no Katachi

Only if every anime shows had a girl as fabulous as Ueno

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLAiI2WDvWk
youtu.be/IEnlmKi8UO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you have to make 10 threads at the same time?

Have you read the mango? Bitch is fucking awesome.

Best girl

She looks like Asuka 2.0

Too bad Kyoani couldn't even get to animate half of her awesome facial expressions

I forgot how melodramatic the manga was.

She has dopey eyes.

>Sup Forums having good taste lately

Rare Shouko

>ywn ride a bike with Ueno as she hugs you from behind while burying her face on your back

Why is Ueno so fucking hot?

Cute mannerisms, Disinterested eyes, best thighs, possessive and loyal to her husbando

I want to enjoy the movie but after watching it it is simply too hard to relate to, the only character that I can understand is Ueno since she was the type that dislike awkwardness and avoids all that touchy feely shit while still treasure friends.

Can anyone just explain why it's so hard to connect to the characters? Is it a cultural thing?

>pretty bitch

i wanted to like her, i really did

but i will never forget. i will never forgive people like her.

Does your old trauma still disturb you that much?

no, but forgiving and forgetting would tell me that i went through all that bullshit for nothing

/blogpost

I couldn't connect to the characters either, even though I should be able to. I relate to similar themes in Evangelion, Welcome to the NHK, Watamote, Oyasumi Punpun, etc. I think the problem is that a dour melodrama just isn't a good way to explore these themes. Shouya and Shouko are too mopey and uninteresting.

You just happen to be a person who never went through what Shouya or Shouko did?

Is it OK if I want to punch Ueno in the face?

Don't get me wrong, she is cute an all, but one good smack is all I want.

yes, it is okay user

her archetype is even more annoying when you come across it in the real world.

Fuck ueno

You have my approval

Get in line

Didn't Shouko's mom hit Ueno in the manga?

And ueno fought back. At that point, I started rooting for her

Also did in the movie.

I miss the old threads.

say, which release have best encode/subs?

Did Sup Forumsnyone actually learn sign language because of Koe no Katachi?

DIdn't she do it because Ueno was being a bitch to her daughter?

>i went through all that bullshit for nothing
You did.

At that point, everyone was a proven ass hole, so yeah, I wanted to punch everyone in that scene.

Can we agree that she probably won the Ishidabowl after the credits rolled? Deaf bitch never had the chance

No, I haven't, and after looking at the shit in your image I'm glad I didn't. That's some over-the-top shit right there.

Ueno is best girl and must be protected. You were right to root for her, user.

The only sign language i'll ever need

What? Didn't you read what I said?

I said EVERYONE.

The only saving grace of that movie was MC mom.

>At that point, I started rooting for her
at least you -started- to develop taste

Nii-san.

user, not every user is the same user.

I other words, stop being a newfag, that was not my post.

Of course she did.

The moment Ishida said thank you to Ueno, she literally got wet

a shit

Nii sama or HS?

>nice girl who tries to help others with their issues but is too stupid and ends up harming them
>nice girl IRL
Does not compute.

35mm.

Nii-san has mistakes in translation but it has honorifics and correct romanizations. Take your pick. I'd recommend 35mm, even though I'm autistic about honorifics, incorrect translations are even worse.

Ueno thighs

Hang yourself, edgelord.

Juicy Ueno thighs

It's time for Yuzuru.

I want to tenderly rape this dirty little boy

Nii-sama translation is partially wrong only in 2 or 3 lines (not even important scenes). Dialogues are not localized, simplified and americanized.
I wouldn't recommend commie trash 35mm only because of 3 small mistakes in Nii-sama. 35mm takes out A LOT MORE from this movie because of overliberal editing and changes.

Not gonna watch that crap to count all the mistakes, but it had uglier subs, stiff translations and a mistake in the very first 5 lines of text (one that would be obvious even to somebody who doesn't understand Japanese).
I still don't believe you that they were shitty only in the beginning and later get better. You are either shilling or have very low standards.

>we want the footfag audience

I need an audio version of this.

Literally 10 Koe no Katachi threads at the time I'm posting this

How many are Ueno?

I mean not exactly, you cant exactly experience what the characters are going through since the point of the movie is to try to get you to experience the story in their shoes. It's just that I dont think the movie did a poor job and yet I cant make sense of how they reacted to things. Like Ueno is the only character that i can make sense of because I guess we are similar?

>SIS PUT SOME CLOTHES ON

She's just insensitive and wants to be cool, but is a good person at heart, I can relate to that.

ikr

I think we need more

Not enough

eventually all of them would be Ueno threads

If Ueno wasn't cute her whole character will fall apart and wouldn't work.

She's just a stupid tsundere who tries to help and fails miserably.
I find even male tsundere MCs cute.

>If Shouko* wasn't cute her whole character will fall apart and wouldn't work.

>movie about somebody without hearing
>has the greatest ost
What did KyoAni mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLAiI2WDvWk

>If animu characters weren't cute the whole
industry will fall apart and wouldn't work

youtu.be/IEnlmKi8UO4

I don't like this anime because it made the rage resurface.

this is also the case

Sissy. I bet you were one of those dweebs who never fought back.

>that faito arm
Holy shit how can someone be so cute and so hot at the same time

More for some and less for others. Ueno would work just fine as a homely girl, her character isn't even drawn cute in the manga, it's just Kyoani treatment of turning everything into moeblobs. Shouko literally wouldn't work as a character if she wasn't a cute angel with puppy eyes.

I fought back twice, when it was necessary. It doesn't stop them even after you leave them bloody.

I can't get Ueno out of my mind

You're absolutely right. People judge so much subconsciously based on appearances, despite often denying to do so and instead talking about their fucking morality or whatever. If Shouko were a disfigured hunchback, nobody would give a shit about her. At best, somebody might pretend to do so in public as some sort of virtue signalling, while secretly hating all of their time spent with her.

True, but only because she is boring.

yeah I know loads of those autists, who think picking on the downie kid makes them look hard, its always the cringy inadequite kids who'll do anything to impress you

Only read the manga but Ishidas old friends were scum. The fact that he had to be friends with them for the rest of friends mad me angry desu

I'm glad KyoAni cut most of their shit honestly

Wait so they meet back up in high school? How early can kids get jobs in japan?

Another theme present in this movie that I enjoy is relying on others. It shows both ends of the spectrum with Shouya and Shouko.

Shouya, obviously, is a complete loner and takes on everything himself. He became the centerpiece around Shouko's life and his refusal to rely on others lead Shouko to blame herself for his unhappiness and eventually, try to off herself.
Shouko, on the other hand, relies on people too much. In particular, Yuzuru and Shouya. Her reliance on Shouya essentially halted any progress they could have made on each other and it nearly broke Shouya.

The bridge scene after Shouya runs out of the hospital is the two learning two rely on each other and to be relied on.
>I want you to help me live

those were probably the most life-affirming words she ever heard in her life

Ueno teasing shouko by getting touchy with ishida when?

webm pls

Come to think about it, they are almost complete role reversals at this point.
>I want you to help me live
>I want to fix what I destroyed

Probably. It's a really refreshing line to hear after seeing their relationship slowly crumble for the past 40 minutes or so.

Ishida must've had a job for a while if he saved up 1.7mil yen

I think all he did there for a while was go to school, work and sleep

Ueno was nearly worst girl tho?She bullied shini because they both had crushes on Ishida and Ishida because of peer pressure. Then in the future she doesn't care about the impact she had on either of them she just wants Ishida

Everyone knows Ueno is a shithead. But Ishida also wouldn't have like Shouko if she was ugly rather than cute.

At least she's not Kawai.

Give me the time stamp and I'll make it.

hey give it to him

Digging a little deeper, this, in conjunction of the theme of communication, points to a pretty specific message:
Interpersonal communication has two essential parts, the yin and yang of communication so to speak. You have to both speak and listen.

Shouko didn't speak, and Shouya didn't listen. Hell, Shouya literally uncovers his ears at the end of the movie.

He only likes her because he regrets the past and wants to make her happy. If you cuteness mattered he would of got wit ueno