Download viz high quality manga scans for the first time

>download viz high quality manga scans for the first time
>absolute blast with it, manga becomes way more fun to read
>they fucking have barely anything and most of what they have is absolute shit
What else will give me guaranteed high quality scans? I fucking can't read those shit tier school rumble tier scans anymore after tasting viz.

Other urls found in this thread:

tangorin.com/general/達
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ask Daiz.

I do not understand half of your shit.

I think he's saying how much he likes reading manga with clean scans

garbage scans are lethal, especially on older manga that dont have the best artstyles

No shit mongoloid. They have the official source files directly sent to them while most scanlators will have to make do with the shit they have.

We need to break into the servers of those manga publishers, man. I think I would drop anime for sure if I could get any series with high quality scans.

Viz is a shit if it comes to translations. They are even erasing original sounds which is literally the worst thing which you can do when you are translating sounds.
They are never using honorifics, everything is localized in 'eat your burgers Apollo' style (or like dub script).
The only English publisher which I trust if it comes to manga is Seven Seas. Well, sometimes YenPress too (Saekano, Prison School, Haruhi), but thier LNs are awfully bad too.

I just use it for One Piece and Rurouni Kenshin

Sound effects should be removed altogether from manga, they are stupid as fuck.

>They are even erasing original sounds which is literally the worst thing which you can do when you are translating sounds.
Unless they're still doing that with graphic novel releases, I'm pretty sure they haven't done that in years. I know at least the digital magazine and their recent JoJo releases keep all the original sounds intact.

>They are never using honorifics, everything is localized in 'eat your burgers Apollo' style (or like dub script).
It's more somewhere in the middle, they use some honorifics but never go full-out burgers with it.

Maybe just read the western comics if you don't like the manga style where sounds are very often a part of the art/image.

vizshill pls

Oh fuck off, your dodon and buriburi sounds don't add anything at all. They are just an easy way for the assistants to shit something on the page as filler instead of drawing real backgrounds.

Fuck off

Manga and western comics have that all the time. Those written sound effects serve their purposes comedically or non-comedically.

If you're going to be autistic about localization and honorifics learn Japanese you goddamn subhuman.

I'm fucking tired of every single thread some autistic fuck cries because the three words they happen to know aren't in there anymore.

>But muh onee-sama got translated into the character's name

Kill yourself faggot.

It's mostly manga for kids that have this shit. Manga like vagabond have clean pages with pretty much no effects at all. Comics are fucking trash because you can barely see anything over the effect abuse in them.

You completely missing the point of honorifics.
With that """reddit spacing""" now you are just baiting.

Fuck off back to where ever you crawled out from.

>The only English publisher which I trust if it comes to manga is Seven Seas
Seven Seas can be just as bad. Just look at the D-Frag translation is.

The point of honorfics is that they don't exist in English. Unless you have a tl note or the person reading already knows it gets lost anyway. There's no reason to keep kun, San, sama, any of that shit around.

It serves no purpose to an English speaking audience and only serves to jerk off kids like you who think you're hot shit for knowing basic things about the Japanese language.

>sometimes YenPress too
just do everyone a favor and kill yourself

I really fucked up that second sentence.

This is for you. Fucking phones.

Yeah, honorifics don't really translate well at all and are awkward in english.

Especially if its a non-japanese setting. I don't want characters in medieval Europe using honorifics with each other, its super jarring.

If you are not trolling, then I feel really sorry for you.

Go back on reddit. Or fuck you Herkz.
Moreover, if you are ok with localizing (because it has nothing to do with translation) onee-sama to character name, then ask yourself who is a subhuman.

What a generic response. People on here don't deserve to read shit like this over and over. Call me a faggot in a creative way the next time.

medieval non english Europe had its own honorific

90% of manga has pure Japanese settings. Even if it's a fictional world.
Of course keeping honorifics for Smith in England, when the whole story is set in England is weird, but as I said, overwhelming manga is set in Japan.

Id still argue against it unless its like "Sir" or "Madam"

Trying to tack on suffix honorifics onto a language that doesn't use them is awkward as hell.

I'm fine with localizing because I'm not a fucking weeb with my head so far up my ass that everything that comes out of my mouth is shit.

Learn fucking Japanese if you're tired of English. Kill yourself if you want to read a bastardization of two languages.

Even, so its still just awkward. No where else would writers try to tack honor language related honorifics in English. When translating foreign books, they generally try to keep it all in the language its being translated to.

So I dunno why Japanese gets some sort of pass on that.

Learn the definition of weeaboo first.
Also, using 'weeaboo' term invented by dumb burgerish children, on a board which is literally a copy of the most anime oriented image board in the universe, in Sup Forums which is purely anime oriented is... Just dumb as fuck, you fuckin xenophobe.

What?
The term weaboo came from a word filter moot put in to replace the term "wapanese"

Who cares about the translations when you have sparkly clean high res scans? You don't need any translation at all, you can actually see every detail happening perfectly.

What's wrong with YenPress?

I'm probably the last person in the universe which you should explaining it.
Accuracy > black hole > flow.
I'm just saying that taking off honorifics in a story which is set in specific, non-Japanese country wouldn't hurt me the much like doing it in other cases.
I really like to learn about other countries, not only Japan. When I'm taking translated book (for example from Brazil), I'm expecting accuracy and tl notes for cultural things. I'm not afraid of learning new things. This is a whole point of reading, expanding your horizons.
I'm searching for LNs translated like Strawberry Panic from Seven Seas. I can't find anything like this. Localized translations are a big turn off for me and I'm losing any desire to read a book which is butchered by localization.

for example Italian has Signore like in GG and more than five ways to say you

>localizing (because it has nothing to do with translation)
This is a special kind of stupid. Replacing a word from a different language with its closest contextual equivalent is nothing but translation. Just because English lacks a direct equivalent doesn't make it less appropriate. You'd complain if they refused to translate complex idioms or grammar patterns that don't exist in English.

Their LN translators are highly inspired by commie and cartel.
If it comes to manga - it varies form great translations (like mentioned Prison School) to total garbage.

Ah. I think the only translation of theirs that I've read is Barakamon, and that was good.

Their manga is okay, haven't read their LNs. Okay doesn't mean autism-proof, and I guess a good chunk of their output could have done with additional proofreading. I wonder if their digital-first approach on some titles lets them get feedback quickly so that community-caught errors don't make it in print.

In 'Inu Boku SS' they needlessly change the "maniac" the Yuri-onna strews around her into "smexy", which may have been passable if it weren't for the literal word 'maniac' being brought up to discussion later on. This would have been a non-issue if the translator or editor had bothered to read all published volumes before setting out to translate it.

Weeaboo is a made up word you turd. And I'm using it correctly. Anyone who gets autistic about leaving in honorifics in an English translated manga is a fucking weeb.

Either learn Japanese and read the raws or shut the fuck up.

Here
You can staph at WC Donald's on your way back.

There's nothing wrong with yen-press. Weebs complain about any company that localizes because they're autistic. They also complain because it usually kills fan translation even when the translation is literal shit.

I've read a few of their lns and they're pretty good. Simple English and straightforward localization. Only been a few grammatical errors I've seen but I was reading bootleg so it might have been fixed in the current version.

Fuck off Herkz.

Who the fuck is hertz and why do you keep saying it.

Just fucking end yourself, weeb. Learn fucking Japanese if you think so much is lost when honorfics aren't used.

Translating idioms to something the reader will understand is an important part of translation.

For instance, lets take the (rather poor honestly) translation of Metro 2033, a russian book. It translated the book very literally at time, even with idioms.

For instance, at one point one character says something like "Do you have noodles on your ears?"
To an english speaker, that makes no fucking sense. An idiomatic translation would be "Are you pulling my leg?"

Leaving the phrase literally would just be confusing for someone who doesn't know the meaning of the phrase, so finding an appropriate translation would be the preferable option.

Of course you can go too far, but some localization isn't immediately bad.

I would prefer spaghetti on my ears. Humans have really good abstraction powers and it helps with the cultural color of the work

The real lesson to be learned here is that EOPs should kill themselves.

Also, you're using weeaboo/weeb the way normalfags do.

Learn the language aka 'I don't have any arguments".
As I said, fuck off

No one wants a word by word translation. It doesn't work at all. I (we) just want to keep localization to the minimum reasonable level.
Taking off honorifics is wrong. Changing names of the food is wrong. When character is speaking in 3rd person, then keep the damn 3rd person in translation. Changing the proper names is wrong. Changing character personality is wrong.

I can agree with everything you said up to honorifics.

Food is food. Personality quirks are personality quirks. Those shouldn't have anything to do with translation. They exist regardless of language.

Honorifics do not however. They are a language specific device. If necessary, you can use an equivalent honorific in the language being translated to, but using foreign honorifics jammed onto your language just doesn't look or sound good.

Forgot the pic

Fuckin THIS

It's not even "localization", people just think it is because they're used to shit translations and only get proper translation when there's also the budget for localization. Untranslated honorifics and literally translated idioms mean the translator did a poor job because it's confusing to people who don't speak Japanese.
Localization is stuff like the infamous ramen -> burgers and converting ISO 8601 style dates to the customary US or UK format. None of that measurably affects understanding, but taken to an extreme (like the dubbed anime you see on cartoon network) it allows a work to be marketed as if it wasn't even foreign. A translator can do some of the localizing, but not trying to Americanize everything doesn't mean they did a poor job, so long as it's easy for someone without knowledge of Japan to know what's going on.

world three

>I don't have any arguments

I've given you my arguments. Honorfics hold no value to English speakers. They only serve to jerk off idiots like you.

You've given no arguments. How does keeping kun in the text enhance it or help make the text clearer? It doesn't. Here's a real simple example for you.

すぎもとさん達は大阪に行きます。
The sugimotos will go to Osaka.

In your retarded head this should translate to

The sugimoto-sans will go to Osaka.

vertical is the best us manga publisher
kodansha and seven seas are alright
yen press is shitty for the most part
fantagraphics and drawn and quarterly are great for the few manga the have but are mostly comic focused

newfag here. How else do you use the term weeb?

Go to YouTube and type davido-kun in search box. I'm pretty sure that the whole setting is made up, the subs are generally awfully not accurate, but it's a general concept of the way when weeaboo term should be used.

No, that would translate to
Sugimoto-san and the others will go to Osaka.

Person A to B: Akane-chan!!
Person C to B: Akane-san!!
Person D to B: Akane-"sama"
Person E to B: Akane nyaa~!!

English translation: Akane or Ms. Akane
Did you not see the difference? Every person have different level of relationship with Person B. Just by using honorifics the audience can understand their type of relationship even without any chapter of their backstories.
Good writers will use honorifics ironically and unironically to create better interaction between the characters because they can be used to show respect, sarcasm, friendliness or in order to tease and being playfull.

>The sugimotos will go to Osaka.
That's not what the Japanese text meant. But keep calling other people retarded though. Really proves your point further.

Wow, I didn't realize that english had no way of showing different familiarities with a person.

Wow, we are just fucking stunted aren't we?

There are ways to get across someone's relationship with someone else besides honorifics.

No it doesn't. 達 Just pluralizes. In this case I'm talking about the sugimoto family.

I'm sorry you have no idea what you're talking about.

I hate this honorifics meme bullshit. They literally add no value to an English translation, but of course you raging weaboo tards need to vent out your autism somewhere.

You can show all of that without resorting to honorifics. It can be difficult in some contexts, I'll give you that.

A to B: Hey Akane!
C to B: Hey Ms. Akane!
D to B: Excuse me, Ms. Akane.
E to B: Yo Akaneee~!

not that guy but
>C to B: Hey Ms. Akane!
>D to B: Excuse me, Ms. Akane.
Are virtually the same. Also 'hey' and 'yo' don't reflect their relationship, if anything it would just reflect the character saying it.

>this is what the average Sup Forumstard believes

These don't even make any sense. "Hey" doesn't carry the same connotations as "chan". Saying "excuse me" doesn't mean that the person you're talking to a huge authority figure, it's what random people on the street say after bumping into each other.

"Yo" doesn't have the same meaning as "nyaa", saying "meow" would be more similar but it sounds retarded in English.

>C to B: Hey Ms. Akane!
That makes it even more awkward if they are students

>すぎもとさん達は大阪に行きます。
The sugimotos will go to Osaka.

You don't even know what is written here and you still want to defend your retarded logic?

Or his/her family, depends on context. It could be 'others' when he/she is with friends.
But don't reply to this faggot anymore. His mind is way too closed for conversations like this. Trust me, everyone who is using weeaboo word is not worth your time.

No, 達 is not a only a plural suffix.

Sounds retarded and it's retarded. Did you ever hear someone in school calling his/her friends using Ms?
This is called forced localization and it works only for normalfags eventually grammar nazis.

Person D to B: Akane-"sama"
Person E to B: Akane nyaa~!!
>E to B: Yo Akaneee~!

Not even the same.

>changing honorifics to mr or ms
Keep them or get rid of them I don't care, but don't do this. Seeing teenagers refer to each other as Mr or Ms in casual conversation is the worst.

ITT: Retards who want "localization" that consists of killing off massive amounts of characterization

Go stick to Sup Forums, thanks.

Japanese anime is not Saturday morning Nickelodeon. Japanese anime is made by Japanese people for a Japanese audience. As such, honorifics, cultural references, and such are bound to appear and become relevant to understanding the plot. And honestly, I don’t think name association or passively learning honorifics is all that hard, nor is it too much to ask of our viewers. You already do name association with every other character, and you can choose to ignore the honorifics if they bother you for some bizarre reason. Choosing to remain ignorant and actively stopping yourself from having the full viewing experience is just sad. Choosing to remain ignorant and actually going out of your way to try to force your ignorance on other viewers is even sadder.

In an informal context, speakers of languages like Japanese will use pronouns and honorifics at different levels depending on their personality, not much different from the choice of greeting from an English speaker.

>nyaa
Then come up with something closer that English speakers actually use.

To others, this was a context-less example to begin with. Obviously things get more/less difficult to translate and change depending on context. Imagining a context where the example doesn't work isn't an argument.

I do not understand how scanning a Manga could possibly be hard.
>Literally buy 2 copies
>rip the pages from copy number
>scan it on a $40 printer
>crop it in paint
>???
>Profit
And you'd still have a copy to add your physical collection.

Also I realize this is the most simple and barbaric way to scan.

>No, 達 is not a only a plural suffix.

tangorin.com/general/達

>Sounds retarded and it's retarded. Did you ever hear someone in school calling his/her friends using Ms?

Do you also hear people calling their friends by their last names? It doesn't fucking translate because it's a different language and culture. Sometimes it's easy to localize and sometimes it's not as easy but leaving in the honorfics and saying fuck it helps nothing.

>Then come up with something closer that English speakers actually use
The burden is on you. My argument is that there is nothing that comes close to representing it, and that leaving honorifics in is the logical thing to do. If you can't understand honorifics then go learn them. Stop this reddit bullshit.

You gave me a link, which confirms what I wrote. Congrats.

Honorifics should be kept because the author wrote the characters' interaction/relationship with Japanese culture in mind. Before you go hurr muh weeaboo, I have the same sentiment if Japanese were to dub Hollywood movies. The movie writer wrote the characters' interaction/relationship with American culture in mind, therefore, the Japanese dub should not have honorifics whatsoever for it wouldn't reflect how the characters actually act towards each other.

Made me puke, congrats

If honorifics are bothering someone, then take it as a part of the name. Fuckin simple as fuckin fuck. Everyone who can extract the characterization and relationships will be satisfied too.
I will never understand the hate of using honorifics.
If you hate foreign things, then just stop using all foreign words which you are using everyday and you don't even know about it.

Nope, your problem is that it doesn't approach the literal meaning of the phrase, which wasn't what we were talking about. The point is that it's a very informal and friendly greeting compared to the others.

>Then come up with something closer that English speakers actually use.
You really can't. Either straightforwardly butcher them like in English dubs or make some extra panel/scene to show how close their interaction.

Mr. Anonymous

>たち [達] suffix: pluralizing suffix

I knew to were retarded but I thought you could actually read. I guess I was wrong.

Akanya!
Ms. Akane.

He has a point though

Yes, I agree. I wonder why you're replying to me though.

Honorifics are good. Your shitposts are bad. You have no idea what the individual honorifics even mean. You are talking to someone who was actually raised in Japanese culture from birth, just stop.

>Akanya
>Ms. Akane
What the fuck is this? These still don't even come close to "nyaa" or "master".

These still don't even come close to "nyaa" or "sama" ***

It proves that you know nothing about Japanese. You tried to translate it literally, and in the other hand you are hating the literal translations when they are appreciative.
If tachi is used for a group of people then it means someone+suffix and the others.
This is the proper way to translate it.
Also in pervious sentence you used future tense, which was obviously a fatal mistake.

>>Akanya
>>Ms. Akane
>What the fuck is this? These still don't even come close to "nyaa" or "master".

I pray to God that you are trolling at this point if you don't even know that nyaa is not an honorfic and that sama is just a respectful/polite way to refer to someone.

Otherwise you seriously need to learn something about the language you're sucking off, weeb.

Stop replying to bait you fucking morons.

>The only English publisher which I trust if it comes to manga is Seven Seas
Those horsefuckers? Not Vertical?

>Akanya
>Ms. Akane

Ok, now it's clear that Herkz is just trolling. I can't believe that someone is THAT retarded. Unless it's a publisher/s from my country which is doing exactly the same things with names and honorifics (yeah, unfortunately it's true).

>sama is just a respectful/polite way to refer to someone
PLZ STAHP.It's not.

There is usually no reason to preserve literal meaning when translating how people refer to one another. Again, I'll emphasize that the challenge is to show how two characters relate to one another, relative to others.

>nyaa is not an honorfic
When did I say it was? Stop the strawman arguments.

>I pray to God that you are trolling at this point
Is trolling the word you use when people call your retarded shit out? That's not what it means, you baka-gaijin.

Vertical is literally a my definition of 'how you shouldn't release a manga'.
Maybe I had a fatal luck for their releases, but in every volume which I've read they burgerized everything, cut off honorifics, redrawn all sounds and inserted dumb local jokes.

>There is usually no reason to preserve literal meaning when translating how people refer to one another.
>usually
Ok. I disagree, but ok.

>the challenge is to show how two characters relate to one another, relative to others
Ok, feel free to keep moving the goalposts everytime I reply to you. So, your argument now is that replacing honorifics with other shit is okay because the viewers can figure it out from context? If it's a first meeting, or the first conversation in a manga, there's really no "relative to others", so you would need to use honorifics then to preserve the meaning of the conversation, so why not use honorifics through the whole thing?