Koe no Katachi roundtables

blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/05/23/koe-no-katachi-layout-animation-directors-roundtable/
blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/05/24/koe-no-katachi-key-animation-directors-roundtable/

>Myouken: In order to improve the realism of Shouya’s actions in the scene where he’s flustered as he tries to stop [his mother] Miyako from burning the money, several animation staff members performed how the characters would act. There are so many new things I want to study based off the completed visuals we achieved by handling scenes like that.

>Tsunoda: Speaking of which – the sign language; I paid attention to see if hand placements differed slightly, because if the timing of the movement was off, then the nuance of the meaning that we convey would change. We were able to notice these details thanks to our sign language director, who helped us immensely.

>movie about a deaf girl needs a sign language expert
Is there anything Kyoani can't do?

>one of the animators was UENO

No wonder she was so cute in the movie

Giving merch to their popular series?

Makes me really happy to see more and more interviews translated these days. This movie had spectacular animation, should be good reads.

>There were many times the unit directors would check a cut and fix it if it appeared even slightly anime-ish before it arrived to us for an animation direction check. For example, if elementary school Shouko’s legs were pointed inwards a little, then we would fine-tune it to move a little more outwards.
so KnK belongs to Sup Forums?

They provide tons of merch....it's just not available outside the KyoAni store

No.

How long must I wait for them to ship internationally?

They don't want your money.

Someone just needs to teach them how to go on the fedex website and fill out a customs form

Their KyoAni store has shit merch though. Pins and posters is all they have

I think that's wrong.

I thought this movie was very simple with the animation. Nothing really stood out, not even the sign language, the movements were very slow and up close to the hand, didn't even feel like sign language, real sign language is faster from what I've seen.

The probably can't, because if they aren't going to follow licensing rights, who is?

>that kerning

KYOANI FINDS A WAY

京アニは方法を見つけます

KYOANI TROUVE UN MOYEN

KYOANI FINDET EINEN WEG

KYOANI TROVA UN MODO

KYOANI ENCUENTRA UN CAMINO

KYOANI找到方法

KYOANI ENCUENTRA LA FORMA

More of a film than a cartoon.

All this work for a flop

or Flopachi, as i like to call it

Very interesting and totally not dull meme.

Kyoani don't care, they just want to create good entertainment.