Otoyomegatari

So why don't Amira and the other girls wear hijabs? Aren't they Muslim?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_of_Transoxiana
youtube.com/watch?v=dh9HI4eudR8
youtube.com/watch?v=-AB0k4Itneg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game
youtube.com/watch?v=SZdmxIzXjsI
youtube.com/watch?v=yeyDfVjq6sw
youtube.com/watch?v=ATBNKmC_SG0
youtube.com/watch?v=J1N73Hmvq8E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Steppe Muslims are weird. The pagans of the steppes were pretty synchretic in their beliefs (meaning they pretty much picked up everything they came across and brewed it into their own thing) so their version of Islam probably never abandoned some pagan beliefs and practices. Kind of like how Mexican Catholics have entire meals on the graves of their ancestors and unironically have a saint of drugrunners.

Also, why does Pariya have dreads?

Because classic Muslim women look horrible. Why can't Muslims adapt a better clothing etiquette for women? Amira looks good.
>unironically have a saint of drugrunners
Fucking shit that I hope disappear sooner or later.

Is it ever mentioned what tribe they are? I'm tempted to say Kyrgyz or Uyghur, but it's been a while since I read it.

Hijab isn't the requirement for being a moslem. They just need to cover all of their bodies besides face and hand, which she does. Wearing hijab is just one of the arabs culture.

Before Wahhabism became so prevalent hijabs were a regional form of head covering.

They're probably not Uzbek, judging from the traditional dress.

AAAAAAAAAA

iirc Karluk's town is Uzbek/Uyghur and Amira's clan is Kazakh

Careful with that confirmation bias user, this is a Uzbek national dress.

Turkics incorprated lotta stuff from their Tengrism to Islam when they converted.
For example, the reason why westerners think Crescent and Star is the symbol of Islam because Turkic Armies used their old Tengrist symbols against Crusaders

I think those aren't dreads, just really tight braids like in this picture.

They must be fairly close to Samarkand based on the relative wealth they display yet doctor didn't seem to take too terribly long getting to a Russian border town.

There are muslims in the steppes? Holy fuck, why do they always ruin everything?

>tfw no Catholic steppe gf

Forgot pic, it's Uyghur national dress.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_of_Transoxiana

Genghis paid them back many fold many generations later so it's k.

Are you ready for the stuff that's going to happen in next issue?

>not wanting quasi-Tengri horse archer waifus
youtube.com/watch?v=dh9HI4eudR8

>wanting the muslim infested remnants of the glorious golden horde

Depending on who you ask, steppe nomads might be responsible for the decline of Muslim civilization, the Abbasid dynasty was wiped out during the siege of Baghdad by the Mongols.

Trips don't lie
How about Turko-european cavalry?
youtube.com/watch?v=-AB0k4Itneg

Because hijabs and niqabs are actually a relatively recent thing. For the past few centuries most muslim regions, especially rural ones, just wore traditional regional clothing.
Keep in mind, the Quran makes no mention of an obligation for women to cover their heads at all, it shouldn't be a religious thing at all.

But Many Descendants of Ghengiz became Muslim user
The eternal slav won in the end though

I don't think it's ever brought up exactly what they are. They could be pagan, muslim or even buddhists.

Adding to this, remember how the old man carves wooden charms for the little kid, Amira sews charms into Karluk's clothes for safety and a lot of women pray in that shrine to bear children. That shit wouldn't fly in great part of the muslim world because it's basically spirit / ancestor worship. They also drink alcohol, which muslims supposedly can't do.

Man, fuck the Muslim Brotherhood. They ruined everything for everyone, especially that dickhead Sayyid Qutb who lead them in Egypt. I've still got that video of Nasser and a bunch of Egyptians laughing at the Brotherhood for wanting to cover up women.

>But Many Descendants of Ghengiz became Muslim user
I know, it's horrifying.

Props to Kotono and Kaoru
They could have put Hijabs on the girls and call it a day but they did their research properly.

It was bound to happen user, Tengri religion was too tolerant to other religions and they had no religious scripts at all besides momuments in today's mongolia

>We are of Türkiye
REMOVE

>tfw being a blonde turk with green eyes
Sasuga slavers

Looks more Afghan or Persian. Uzbeks were never that durka.

By "they" you mean the horsechinks, right?

Kazakh muslims don't give a shit

Crescent and star was also a Byzantine symbol so it naturally got used by Ottomans. Not sure who cunts like Pakistan and Malaysia use it.

delet

Turks shilled it too hard.

>Pakistan and Malaysia
Ottoman Caliphate
Especially Pakis
They acknowledged it till 70s
Also iirc Ottomans controlled some islands in south east asia during Suleiman's rule

>The autumn months are now upon us

What did she mean by this?

>yet slavshit

Feels pretty good for once.

Also, I hope we get back to Mr. Smith soon. We already saw Karakalpaks and Persians. I hope they stop by some Georgians or Armos next.

Russia is coming, when winter falls.

>Nasser lost and Qutb won in the end

Truly we live in the worst timeline.

Probably something to do with this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game

Snow
Time has come
youtube.com/watch?v=SZdmxIzXjsI

What an ominous message on the bottom.

If we're doing Cossack songs, this is the crowning glory.
youtube.com/watch?v=yeyDfVjq6sw

pls no liberatioroni kazaki ;_;
youtube.com/watch?v=ATBNKmC_SG0

what the fuck I'm a cossack now

Well, yeah, the Russians show up and destroy their way of life.

The further you go from Mecca the more...lax Islam becomes. Especially in the days before Wahabiism was popular. I'm nigerian and we will unironically go to masjid during the day and then bang on drums at night dancing around fires to become possessed by the spirits of our ancestors.

I know turkic peoples love alcohol and the southeast asian muslims loved pork.

Kinda. They didn't really get sedentarized until the Commies took over.

>ywn fight Bolsheviks with Enver Pasha

Nice try elephant, but you're not fooling anyone.

Daily reminder Batini Islam is best islam

>Enver Pasha
>get ambushed by reds
>situation is futile and no escape
>fuckit.jpg
>mount your horse and charge down the maxim line alone

Rip ;_;7
youtube.com/watch?v=J1N73Hmvq8E

what about Mu'taizile and Sufiism?

source?
google and iqdb have nothing

She's still covering her hair. What's the issue?

folk Catholicism are one of the reasons why we need a stake burning once again

You've got the mangaka's name in the post and the fact that the character us talking about being Turkish makes it pretty unique don't you think? Literally the fourth result when googling 'Kotono Turk'
Shoukoku no Altair

Will they ever get to fugg:D ?

>we are from Turkey

I agree, steppeniggers ruined everything, including islam

Could you elaborate? How do you reconcile the two?

I'm interested in learning about this sort of thing, but it's hard to find information that's actually neutral

you gotta problem there m8?

I suppose you just regard what's traditional as what's right, and don't take everything the preacher says in his sermon to heart- if he even knows those obscure rules!

>There's people genuinely thinking they can learn accurate info about religions on Sup Forums
Sad!

man, how are there always history nerds around when these threads pop up?

>this is a Japanese Ottoman

I hope things dont get too dark. Been following this series too long to end on a sad ending. Especially with Karluk and Amira still needing to fulfill their marriage.

Who else but history nerds are interested in Tatar waifu stories?

I cant help myself from being a lazy useless fag
sorry dude

>He doesn't know Mehmet my son and Devshirmes
Anime starts on July 8th if you interested btw

Better Sup Forums than Sup Forums or Sup Forums honestly.

When he's old enough

>yfw Russians invade while Amir and Karluk having a fug

Anime when

If Shoukoku no Altair anime gets popular i say they might give it a try

She looks remarkably east asian. Beautiful.

I can recommend you a soviet movie about Civil War in Central Asia. It calls "The white sun of a desert. There many propaghanda though, but it can gives you some good representation about that period

There is a doujin where they fug on horseback

>tfw no central asian gf into traditional and historical stuff

On another note I want older or minority religions to make a comeback, like (non parsi) Zoroastrianism

How do I snag myself a steppe waifu?

>saint of drugrunners

Please tell us more.

How does that even work?

What is the difference between Kazakh and Uzbek? Different tribes? Different history? Uygur used to have their own empire.

Came for the horse archer waifu, stayed for The Great Game shenanigans going on in the background.

1800's cold war between britania and imperial russia is some great shit. Spies, conquest, fleshing out of the middle part of that Eurasian map everyone ignored until then. If you're interested in this period of history I'd really recommend The Great Game by Peter Hopkirk.

Malverde

Afghan and Malyasian dresses are pretty.

What are people's opinion on Coptics in Egypt?

I want her to give me some leg lock.

Is that a cute Christian Janissary?

Are they singing of Yeshu / Christ?

Neato, I only recently found how to into LibGen and was looking for more books to read. Thanks.

>you will never make love to your athletic horse archer gf in her yurt while cold wind howls across the steppe outside

How are Tatars different from Golden Horde/ Uzbek?

DON'T MAKE ME FEEL THINGS