I'm trying to watch boku no hero academia. Is the entire series a festering swamp of weakness and uselessness...

I'm trying to watch boku no hero academia. Is the entire series a festering swamp of weakness and uselessness, or does it actually become fun at some point? I know many anime series have very weak openings so I want to give it a chance, but I'm already at episode 5 and so far the main power of the "hero" is crying and being a pathetic loser.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_mA3pAXI2Pk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Read the manga, then watch the anime. The anime is poor quality and the only cool moment in season 1 is when he saves Ochako. The second season still feels weak.

>watching
There's the problem

Low IQ, don't watch if you can't appreciate his passion

You seem really insecure...

How is the anime poor quality?

It follows the manga fine it's just that the manga is incredibly slow for a bit.

has an extremely slow start, but the main character becomes promising soon. Problem is that the anime doesn't really cover it.

There's a lot of poor quality shots. I think the anime's kind of slow pacing is necessary, it's just the art is lacking at times when nothing significantly cool is happening.
Watch the first season and look at how they draw Kouda in the background. Second season is better for the quality of side characters but he's nearly always fucked up

The series lives for the HYPE-factor it can create. The first season of the anime was VERY thorough and poorly paced, but the second season has basically improved the pacing of the original manga (to me at least), which is excellent.

Let's say that next week's episode is one of my most anticipated things of any series in a long time, simply because it just becomes INSANELY HYPE. And yes, the reason is Deku.

You've only seen that son of a gun skin deep, there's way more to him.

just skip to season 2 senpai

No one gives a fuck about Kouda anyway.

I do

>crying and being a pathetic loser.
Trust me deku does develop and gets more heroic as the series moves on. I suggest you watch the anime then read the manga,season 2 is about to get to the good stuff.

The main character goes through a lot of stuff that isn't really in the first season. If you really want to see him develop out of that, read the manga

>The anime is poor quality
That's bullshit

>The anime is poor quality and the only cool moment in season 1 is when he saves Ochako.
youtube.com/watch?v=_mA3pAXI2Pk

Oh I get it I'm being memed

All Might is the only reason I follow the manga. Might watch s2 if I run out of things to watch.

Since an emotional MC triggers you so much I suggest you read this. Its the perfect manga for someone of your intellect

Yes

PLUS ULTRA

The color scheme is atrocious.

Yeah, should have worded it like that instead of "poor quality". The washed-out colours mixed with the bright colours of the hero costumes look awful

Season 1 doesn't have any Madman Deku moments, and season 2 so far has only demonstrated the minefield scene. Two weeks from now is Deku vs Todoroki, where Deku goes full-on madman. After that fight is when the series really found itself.

My favorite is still the scene where Deku go to "save" Baku even after he's accepted that there's nothing he can do, it's pointless to try, and he'll never be able to help. I can relate to that thoughtless moment when your feet move even as you try to stop them.

god those are such shit translations, no cleaning anywhere either

who are the worst boys and why is it these two? even belly-beam is better

It gets interesting eventually.