Who made the better film?

Who made the better film?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/setsushu/status/801036958155706370
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yamada.

hey is that the girl from the fluffy Kumiko girl show?

Erika Leonard James vs. Nicholas Sparks
That's tough.

neither.

Shinkai.

Shinkai is a fraud.

Objectively: Makoto
Simp-shit: yamada cause she has a pussy, never mind the shitty direction, butchering of the source material, and attempting to adapt 7 volumes into 2 hours instead of rewriting the script and formatting it for a film.

This.
Both Yamada and Shinkai deserves praise, but Sunao did better than both and even almost starved his family do make his movie.

Akiyuki Shinbo.

Both Yamada and Sunao are film directors.
Shinkai writes and directs his own movies.

art isn't a competition

She should have used the original short comic and expanded on the ending

So fucking what? Anyone can write a cliche love story.

>shinkai is a kyoanus licker

dumb frogposter

Yamadafags would go full retard anyway defending her despite Shinkai made the better film.

go on then

This bitch is so ugly.

Writing sentimental tripe isn't an achievement.

Said the hambeast.

Why does she look so sad? And where's a webm of this?

>So fucking what

>Yamadafags
They don't exist. KyoAnifags exist, but they do not give a shit about good direction. Shinkaifags however, do exist, and haven't a clue about good direction yet put on an act as if they do.

I hate this pic. She looks like my mom here

said the KyoAnusfag with obsession to Yamada's chromatic abberations

Shinkai obviously. There's literally no comparison.

Shinkai's movie is his best and it's still utterly mediocre. He has nothing to say nor the capabilities to be an interesting director.
Yamada's movie is her worst and a complete disaster. Hard to believe she could be responsable for something so sloppy and amateurish.
Waiting to see Katabuchi's movie, I'd say they both lost.

>implying
Not me user. I hate that shit. But I also don't overrate Your Name, like you fucking Shinkaifags.

Anno>Oishii>Xavier Dolan>Yuasa>Yamada = Shinkai>takemoto>ishidate

At least Shinkai's film didn't make me want to tear my eyes out at multiple points. 5cm/s did, though, so it's probably just because he was responsible for less of the animation this time.

That can't be a real screenshot, holy shit. Why?

>zoomed in camera lense shot is blurry
oh no, she must hang for this

>Oishii

Thanks for the burnt eyes.

They're literally looking through a camera lens in this shot

The only people comparing Your Name and Koe no Katachi are shitposters and braindead KyoAnuslickers.
Not only is Your Name lightyears better than KnK, Yamada's adaptation of it is a fucking mess.
It's an insipid adaptation of the manga, which in the first place was just alright.
The only anime that gave Your Name a run for its money was In This Corner of the World.
Shinkai is better off being compared to Katabuchi and Yamada is a hack.

Your Name is insipid sentimental garbage that makes no sense and relies on emotional manipulation, pop music and superfluous visuals. Literally the worst anime film I've ever seen. You'd can't just go from a bodyswap comedy to some end of the world shit and expect anyone to understand and care about it, especially with the one dimensional main duo.

But lots of people did soooooooo yeah

Lots of people supposedly cared about Avatar

Your mom is cute!
Cute!
CUTE!

Also true

Your Name is the Avatar of anime

Avatar is the Princess Mononoke of live action

I haven't watched either, but neither film is good enough to be worth arguing over.

One of them doesn't rehash the same thing again and again

Then your post in worthless.

Don't poster the Facebook frog on this board.

>Who made the better film?
Yamada made a film
Shinkai made an anime movie

>Shinkai
>Good movie
Not even as a joke. This "newfags with low powerlevels circlejerk over his latest bad romance movie" thing needs to stop. KnK had issues, but KnN was trash.

>when Yamada-senpai doesn't notice you

No, it's Ferngully

Shinkai and Yamada are friends, they went drinking last year.
twitter.com/setsushu/status/801036958155706370

How so?

>friendzoned
Even worse, hope he turns this into a movie

Shinkai gave that bitch the artistic dick

Kek

To Yamada-san,

Keep on filming, kid. Your moxie more than makes up for your lack of talent.

Your pal,
Shinkai

Hayao Miyazaki
Osamu Dezaki
Yoshiaki Kawajiri
Hideaki Anno

>What's happening is part of a phenomenon I wrote about a couple of months ago when I was asked to comment on Naoko Yamada. I went to my hōga for a viewing of "Koe no Katachi." I suffered a great deal in the process. The directing was dreadful; the movie was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a character started the conversation, the director chose instead to cut to a shot of a desk or feet. I began marking on the back of my ticket every time that shot was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the ticket several dozen times. I was incredulous. Yamada's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of directing.

>But when I spoke up about this, I was denounced. I was told that children would now watch only Naoko Yamada in schools, and I was asked whether that wasn't, after all, better than watching nothing at all? If Yamada was what it took to make them pick up anime, wasn't that a good thing?

>It is not. "Koe no Katachi" will not lead our children on to "Hakujaden." It will not lead them to Atamanov's "Snow Queen" or Yuriy Norshteyn's "Hedgehog in the Fog" or even my own "Princess Mononoke."

>Later I read a lavish, loving review of Koe no Katachi by Makoto Shinkai. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Koe no Katachi at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Kimi no Na wa." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Koe no Katachi" you are, in fact, trained to watch Makoto Shinkai.