Is this the most overrated show of 2016?

Is this the most overrated show of 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IuyxcKsFWhI
desuarchive.org/a/search/image/CF377ph3OrggcRkdDG1hOw/
youtube.com/watch?v=hTyw_OLEJZw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Love it or hate it, but you cannot deny the impact it had on the industry.

Goes to show what shitty shape the ""industry"" is in.

It's legitimately the best Isekai in like a decade and some of the episodes were great.

>It's legitimately the best turd

Worst protagonist ever. Worst writing of the year. Best trap.

kek

> Best isekai in a decade
Not even the best of last year tbqh

It really is. It's not absolute trash, but it has average plot, story and animation. Definitely not worthy of all the attention it got.

Subaru is annoying and Rem has 6 lines for bangs.

youtu.be/IuyxcKsFWhI

This is better than the entire anime.

its a deconstruction of isekai

It has a lot of flaws, but no anime feel so impactful since then.

The whole Rem thing was so rushed in the anime. They actually get together, have2 kids, and grow old in the novels, but when he does of old age he's transported back 50 years, so he knew he chose the wrong option.

Obviously.

Outside of Sup Forums, the most underrated anime of 2016 was Hibike Euphonium 2.

It had a few shining moments. In general, rem saved the show.

Konosuba, Kemono Friends, and Youjo Senki all aired within the span of one year and they're all better.

>It's a deconstruction
>but no anime feel so impactful since then
Summer has come early. It's neither a deconstruction nor does it match the impact of other shows/movies that came out in 2016.

Yeah, but Sup Forums still loves it because this place has the worst taste in anime out of every board

What impact did it have? After it ended, everyone packed up and left like with every meme show.

What fucking impact?

S2 was much weaker than S1.

Also it is much easier to make a work that is a parody in nature.

Still was pretty good although I wouldn't rate it above Re:Zero.

>wouldn't rate it above Re:Zero.

That's because your taste is terrible.

no, sword art online is.

it was alright until the trapped showed up. noped out of there real fast. no faux females for me

you can come out of the closet now user, its 2017

well i would if i was gay. but im not so...............

>2016

>the best Isekai in like a decade
>Ixion Saga DT came out in 2013

You are wrong.

Overrated? please, you obviously haven't seen Mob psycho or YoI

The only reason Re: took off was because viewers found out about Rem. She was the shows biggest attraction. Look at the view count from the episodes that featured Rem prominently and you'll know what I'm talking about. The story wasn't as big as an attraction. The character(s) were.

There is no need to post the same thread every 3 days user.
desuarchive.org/a/search/image/CF377ph3OrggcRkdDG1hOw/

Probably but overrated ≠ bad

The most misunderstood show ever. It's so complex, every single scene has to be analysed by professionals, in order to be understood by the low educated masses. It's too deep for the current generation of people, to be honest. Ram was the key to all this, they got her working and she was not simply a write-along character to Rem with implied depth (without actually having any). It's like poetry, every arc feels so different from one another, one must wonder if the creator is a hack/fraud, or actually the smartest writer of the decade. And the villainous cult that utilises "sins" as metric of leadership is something NEVER done before, in dat way, therefore deconstruction. The fact the you see the dead corpse of the main character (a lot), really makes you glad that he suffered due to being an (intentional) airhead, who isn't concerned about to the people that he left back home. So, as I was saying this is a the best anim 2016. I just wish my kids grow up to see the best scene in season 3, where it's revealed that Rem is in a comma and that the doctors won't be able to save her. So then Emilia has to pull the plug, on the life support, but she can't because she is too busy not being an actual character, but a cut-out that any audience member can attach character traits to, so that she can seem D E E P. I bet I'll be dead by then,tho. Shit I might die today from over-watching re:zero. I watched it, like, five hundred times already and I am so glad at times the show's so slow; I can literally go outside, piss on my neighbour's ugly bicycle, go to the convenience store, go into another dimension full of boring characters devoid of souls that look cuter than my highschool crush, Kill-My-Self until the witch that brought me there actually gets angry with me and sends me back to the store. Then buy that delicious jalapeno sauce, go home and then noticed that I haven't missed anything, due to the fact that Subaru fucking died and retconned 3 episodes worth of "development".

Are you retarded? How would they know if she was going to appear or not?

The mango is complex, the show is not.

Mob Psycho isn't overrated at all. And even if it was, at least it deserves it with how excellent the animation quality and characters were.

>be Re:Zero
>make Rem best girl
>"hurr durr i liek Emilia-chan-sama"

Episode 18 is where this show has ended for me.

It was popular, and people here don't like things that "normies" like, that's all there is too it.

No, Flip Floppers is.

Yes.

>and characters were.
besides the blonde boss, all the others were just meh or generic. really.

>Impact
Ya should go to sleep lil mate

Yuri on Ice and Re:Zero

People that don't like Subaru are self-insertfags that don't think of themselves as self-insertfags.

if there's ever another season it'll become the rem and pals show so don't worry

it's the most overrated anime in history.

I can literally think of ten contradictions to this statement and that's just off the top of my head.

>most overrated show of 2016
would that not be Yuri on Ice? Faglers pushed its popularity into the stratosphere.

This

Why you gotta lie on the internet?

>Meme Friends
>Good
Come on! The threads were Waaii and Sugoii everywhere and posting of lewd pics. There's nothing in it besides some cute designs.

You mean the LN or WN. Those are certainly more complex. It's not even worth analyzing the anime, since it simplifies and cuts way too much to fully grasp anything. Reading the source material is almost shocking, with how much the anime failed to portray.

Re:Zero is simply not a good anime, as it simply wasn't written in a manner that makes for a good anime. It's pretty funny how they wasted so much time on the fucking whale fight, when the action is practically the least important part in Re:Zero.

>I didn't watch the show, so let me base my assumptions on a bunch of autists shitposting on a Botswana mud painting board.

Oh yeah. Like SAO and DXD, the LNs are always better!

Muh deep post apocalyptic world. It was just a cheap ad for a shitty mobage.

The lego movie was an ad for legos. That doesn't mean it wasn't good. Same applies for KF.

I'm not saying they're great, but they are better. The anime is just missing too many details.

I mean it's kinda true since she becomes a big reason why Nissan does things.

But the Lego at least had some more effort and money put in its production. Also, Legos are all about creativity and creating your own world and shit like that, so of course you can make something fantastic out of it, but when you pick something which source was a shitty game in the end of its lifespan, there's not much you can do is there? It's better than idolshit, I'll give you that though.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean she gets much focus. Rem doesn't even have any friends after Arc 3.

It's underrated DESU. Give it 10 years and it will probably go down as the best anime of all time.

I was so happy when Kemono Friends outsold this.

That sounds cool

What does Sup Forums think of Digibro's video about Re: Zero?

Digibro is /ourguy/

Well, digibro is a youtube faggot, so his opinions mean nothing to me. I think Re:zero is a brilliant anime, and there is nothing a youtube faggot could say that would convince me otherwise.

She has one, which I guess puts her higher than most of Sup Forums

Aside from the first part, the rest of that never happens except in a side story. And the last part never happens at all. As in, he does get together with Rem in the main story, but that only lasts a few minutes before she gets put into a coma by cultists while Subaru's back is turned.

The best out of all the Youtube anime critics
except Demo

>anime critics
Wew.

>critique anime
>not anime critics

Turns out we're all anime critics

ha, they aren't some 60s music group or something. they'll be forgotten in years and only be remembered as fotm trash

Every time

Narcissistic much?

Pretty good, like his vids

It's a 6/10. Tries to be different at least, but the characters outside of the main one seemed like poor pasteboards and the setting wasn't very inventive at all.

He was okay until I saw his retarded KLK vids. And I hate seeing his face.

>fedora.png
>I-I sure showed them
typical re:fag

>retarded
negro what?

Wtf. Why did this suddenly became youtube "stars" shilling thread? Can't you make some decisions for yourselves?

Instead of fun craziness it was a postmodern masterpiece with several layers of meaning. I'm all for thoughtful analysis but I feel like Digi just wanted to give a show he splurged over an intellectual edge to make him feel good.

>he doesn't know you can build on Digibro's opinions to help add to your own

Ultimately the driving metaphors behind KLK don't actually hold up very well under scrutiny, so you might as well just say its for zaniness.

The latest video is hilarious
youtube.com/watch?v=hTyw_OLEJZw

>geoff
I love Digi but Geoff is trash.

>Is this the most overrated show of 2016?
yeah, probably. I still enjoyed it a lot though, it wasn't revolutionary or anything but it was admittedly pretty fun

That and it showed just how terrible the genre of isekai is. I thought Overlord and Grimgar took the cake but oh dear lord.

Honestly, I really liked the parts of the show that were just about the characters in the mansion bonding and interacting with each-other. It turned to absolute shit at the fucking whale arc

>Konoredditsba
>Shitmono friends
>YouTips Fedoraji
All trash compared to Re zero. S2 Konoshitba was especially bad. And you contrarian faggots can deny Re zero's popularity and impact all you want while you watch derivative trash like Re:Creators and Mahou

That's what I'm saying.
The guy just takes things too serious all around. He doesn't actually say anything original in most his animoo analysis yet he speaks like an impassioned literary critic.

straw man

I actually feel like those were the most important parts of the whole story. The action parts only matter to show how the characters have progressed and to show how they behave under stress. The reset mechanism just lets you see that from multiple angles.

It's really just the character interactions and relationships that matter, and the largest mistake the anime made was not fully realizing this.

Good fallacy practice. But it's true.

Great, love the guy

Mods can't stop the Digi love

>It's really just the character interactions and relationships that matter
In a way that's how it works for most LN adaptations isn't it? Since the story shown in the anime almost always is incomplete. That being said, I don't think Re:Zero made that big a mistake. Seeing Subaru finally learn from his own mistakes and actually having a civil conversation with his to-be allies against the white whale and grasping their intentions was pretty good. And it's not like we don't see the other characters interacting with one another either. I actually don't know what's so bad about the white whale arc that made people so mad.

All of those are the samefag.

I think its just drawn out. It burned an extra episode it probably shouldn't have that would've been better used elsewhere. Even ignoring obvious things like not doing the correct ending which they could've done, the Royal Selection start would've been better served with another episode so they didn't have to dilute the candidates.

It took like almost 3 episodes to deal with the whale situation. It was a drag with no character development.