Asterisk vs Chivalry

Now that the dust has settled, which one was better?

To me, even with his fanservice and both been generic pile of shit, Chivalry is at least decent with better characters and Chivalry MC being not a gary sue at all., unlike Assterisk MC

>Now that the dust has settled,
Fuck off.

Ikki >>> Ayato 2.0
Stella >>> Pink Houki
Rakudai >>> Asterisk

How the fuck did you manage to bring up digibro with no provocation?
Kill yourself.

They're both shit. I still can't fathom what kind of solace people find in knowing that their turd is the slightly less smellier one.

The fact that we had two magic school battle harem LN adaptations airing in the same season was a really fucking depressing look at the state of the industry.

Chivalry has Sara and Edelweiss
No contest, Chivalry wins

You just posted the same image twice, what am I supposed to be looking at here?

chivalry is much better

user, everyone and their mothers know both are generic battle harem by this point.
The thing is that Chivalry at least was better.

>The Sword Eater Arc was great
>Ikki actually being /ourguy/

Antimagic.

>ywn have the worlds worst criminal to cook for you

>the spoiler

Nigga what?

Why are you splitting hairs over this tripe?

>Chivalry at least was better.

Is that worth anything though? It's still not good enough to warrant watching/reading.

>tripe

To add onto this (from what I gather)
>Both are cyclical tournament arcs where MC overpowers most opponents with relative ease.
>KAIOKEN TIMES 3 AAAAAAAA power ups for the MC
You could make literally Asterisk Wars/Rakudai but gender bent or turned gay and it would manage to be called more unique.

>ywn be a nude model for a hot painter girl

How were the threads when both pieces of shit were airing? I was studying abroad in a shit world country that season.

>two

This.

>ywn job to said hot painter girl

Forgot Shinmai Maou and Lances and Masques that could just be included with "Battle Harem"

I watched it and I liked it, it was good enough for me.

I finished the first season but didn't watch the second one.

Rakudai all the way.

how can he be /ourguy/ when he actually win everysingle time

Which series is the one where people say the MC isn't fighting an army of a 1000 people at once, but instead doing 1000 1v1s in a row?

>Ikki is /ourguy/
>when he loses his virginity

chivalry

Asterisk

Chivalry had a great style to it and I wish they would do a season 2. Anyone who judges it as anywhere close to The Asterisk War like retards and must have only ever heard the concepts of both series and paid no attention at all to the executions. In Chivalry character dynamics actually existed, things actually happened, it was not a fucking harem and the fights were excellent. The idea that a well-made battle series should not be considered good purely on the virtue of being a battle series is absolutely ridiculous.

Ikki was undoubtedly a Mary Sue and so was Stella. Both had equally bad characters, but Cavalry of a Failed Knight is much better because of the amazingly directed fight scenes. You actually looked forward to the fights.
Too bad the fight against Touka was a giant copout. At least the Kuraudo one delivered.

I'd paint her hair white, if you know what I mean.

I think what you mean is "bleaching", not painting.

>early powerful rival jobs to new character to establish said character's powerlevel
LN authors really like their writing shortcuts, don't they? Making the MC fight the female lead and win at the beginning is also that.

Asterisk >>>>>>>>>>>>>> rakushitdai

A1 Pictures shit the bed with Asterisk.
I am really surprised Silverlink did managed to make the Chivalry series great.

Both still are generic crap, but OP is right, Chivalry is miles beter than Asterisk.

I don't watch battle harems because they're masterpieces, there's other shows for that. I watch them because they're the equivalent of grinding spicy nacho doritos down into a fine powder and then snorting lines as you down mountain dew and vodka. Chivalry is, without a doubt, the better show of the two, but Asterisk is the better battle harem. People generally like Rakudai more because they just don't like the idea of a battle harem, which is a steady coastline of tropes and never chooses to go anywhere above that because it's comfortable. You know what you expect when you go in, and you get exactly that.
They're not close to each other because they're not the same thing. They're not even aiming for the same thing. I'm not saying you can't compare them. It just means it doesn't mean much when Asterisk was playing a retard the entire time.
Oh, and the two anons you pointed out are definitely retarded. It's like going into a precure thread when you hate magical girl shit.

No, I meant paint.

He's right, but for the wrong reasons. The direction and animation are Rakudai's saving grace, definitely not the characters.

Stella a shit.

>watching ep2 of chivalry
>teacher starts puking blood
>MC sister just go hug and kiss him mouth to mouth

You lied to me you pieces of shit

Chivalry had better fights while Asterisk had better girls.

You need to watch the series out of order with the last 2 episodes for last to really enjoy it

>he didn't watch the second season for more Saya

>flashback to completing 2 cour of Asterisk

what was my dick thinking

>Asterisk had better girls.
You have shit taste.

>Silverlink
>the studio who animated Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Non Non Byori and Strike the Blood
>adapted something actually decent

It really makes you think

I disagree

>Chivalry MC being not a gary sue at all
HAHAHAHA nice joke. Chivalry is a shitty forced drama self insert wank. At least asterisk was a fun show.

>most hyped fight ends in picoseconds

Asterisk had:

-Better characters
-Better OST
-Better animation
-Second season
-Video game

Rakudai had:

-Digicuck approval

Checkmate hipsters

>muh forced drama

I agree, but even then, saying that Asterisk was a better battle harem wouldn't be accurate. It is only a better harem, purely on the virtue that it is a harem at all. And even then the girls in Chivalry are still better. Chivalry is so vastly superior in the battle aspect that, again, it is completely unfair to even act like they're comparable. Not only the battles themselves are good, but also every fight has a distinct emotional meaning that invests the audience and elevates them beyond a meaningless flashy thing into important moments for the characters. The single fight of Shizuki vs Touka in episode 10 holds more battle quality than the entire two seasons of The Asterisk War.

But yeah that Precure comparison is accurate.

>caring about e-celebs

>Haha bro you like restuarant-quality food why not just have some fun turn your brain off and eat glue instead :^) ?

Literally your argument

but... that happens in both series user.

>better characters
Both MC sucks, only the Chivalry MC sucks less. The girls are almost the same in most cases, but Rakudai had that great arc with the black haired girl.
>Better OST
both had generic OST
>Better animation
both suffered from quality, however rakudai suffered the most before the final 2 episodes. Even with that, the fight were still good.
>Second season
Asterisk second season was boring as hell and the fights were terrible.
>Videogame
who the fuck cares about vidya here

I don't care about Chivalry at all but Asterisk offends me.

>offends me
Digibro go to sleep already

I thought Chivalry had trash romance, progressed at lightning speed which people praise just because it wasn't the opposite way of being shit.

>Ikki melts Edelweiss later

>black haired girl
isnt that bitch the one who betrays him?

>Chivalry
Cavalry.

Post LN scans of Stella getting dicked. I won't believe till I see it. Shinmai Stella got pic so this one has to too.

It does have trash romance

Speaking of harems, the raws for last two episodes of the stb ovas are out.

>[Ohys-Raws] Strike the Blood II OVA - 07 (WHD 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4
>[Ohys-Raws] Strike the Blood II OVA - 08 (WHD 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4

My worry is that plagarism is rife in the LNs. They are the same story and same characters.

It's not plagiarism, it's just cookie-cutter pandering that's been formularized down to the fine details.

>author has cool idea for setting/characters/powers/whatever
>tries to submit it to publishers
>it gets rejected
>he makes concessions to make it more "marketable"
>it gets accepted
>editors then pretty much force him to rewrite 90% of it to appeal to the target audience (horny teenagers)
>moderately popular pixiv artist gets hired to draw the covers for dirt cheap
>printed, packed & shipped
>anons shit on it
>author cries
>it sells like hotcakes anyway
>publisher forces author to continue it
>author contemplates suicide

It may as well be considering all that stuff just to get it printed.

She's got a point

To use an analogy that's been on my mind lately; modern pop music may all sound the same, use all the same keys, hit all the same notes and follow the same formulae, but they're just different enough to not be provably plagiarized. Same deal with LNs. It's all just people following the maths.

Yea i see how it is and i know how legendarly stubbon otaku are in japan.
Just a shame that publishers don't have any balls.

Because if something sells then it sells.

Do you really think Tom Clancy wrote all that crap? at one point there were ghost writers simply because his name sold, besides there is over 3000 years of literature, nobody is going to create anything new since that could be been written have been written.

Plus plagarism is copying word-for-word, none does that and only are doing what been done many times before in some other form.

Just because its similar doesnt mean its plagarism.

Stop being retarded, we seen the crap that is published in their original form of Web Novels.

In fact Light Novels are better because AT LEAST they have a editor to cut the more stupid crap out of them.

I never said the editors were wrong to do so, just that it's the reason LNs are so generic.

Besides, there's lots of authors who are cynical and trying to cash in on trends (see: all the shit that aped OreImo) and there's lots of authors who are just young and don't know any better making stuff similar to the stuff they thought was cool (see: all the shit that aped SAO).

>aped SAO
This trigggers me.
.hack did it first and better.
But yea i see how the trends affect everything.
Granted i am happy they keep up with the trend of the sentai shows desu.

Chivalry MC never loses, so he is a Gary stu desu.
>the worst one
>the weakest guy
>still never loses
Yeah right.
Overpowered MC

While I think Rakudai's the better show, I had more enjoyment with Gakusen since it never bored me or made me angry. That said, they're both still hot garbage.

Rakudai is the better show because his sister kisses him on the mouth.
That's better than eromanga