Nah, guess I'm nobody

>Nah, guess I'm nobody...

Is there a single MC as great as this one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0hjFsavpMGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kamina.

>implying the MC is a nobody
Fuck off with your dirty hobo.

Just watched that scene for first time like 20 sec ago.

And no, he's better than Kamina. I finally said it.

Kamina is a gay fag compared to Simon.

That dirty hobo is greater than a man with infinite riches.

>hobo apologists on Sup Forums

I am a hobo though. It's how I solved the problem of being a NEET after my parents die.

fuck no

>That way he hesitates to say who the hell do you think I am

What I would give to experience this show for the first time again

Man Simon deserved a better ending, especially after all the shit he went through dude atleast deserves to live in comfort for the rest of his life. Nina disappearing was heartbreaking to say the least, imagine knowing someone from your childhood and having them poof out of existence on your wedding day.

no there isn't. simon best guy of all time

Why was this ending so horrible?
It was Haganai levels of bad

It was a good ending now that I think about it.
It just made us feel bad because we wanted him rewarded for his efforts.

It was a kick in the nuts, Spiral Nemesis was a better alternative

Most anime can't even kick us in the nuts. Be thankful we got even that.

>not a cute girl
kys

He became the bigger man. If he said fuck it and kept Nia alive somehow, it'd have proven the Antispiral right. The only way for them to win was to take the loss. That's essentially been their whole fight with the Antispiral, with Kittan's sacrifice, the Gurren team leaving the utopian dream, and so on. They're building something bigger than their selfish happiness and their individual lives.

Who else cried when they saw this?

I dunno, I thought that whole drama bit where they were gonna execute Simon was pretty fucking dumb to be honest. Wouldn't have been too sad to see him do it.

He wasn't gonna execute Simon. It's just how governments are run.

The guy's a fucking god.

He's just doing the buddha shit.

The drama was overdone because Rossiu had no reason to get Simon executed (which he didn't even do in the end, he put him in jail which is still essentially the same but you got me)
What made me mad is how easily Simon forgave Rossiu after that betrayal. Sure he had his reasons for trying to save the people his (stupid and unefficient) way but he didn't have to go all the way and destroy Simon's life like that or treat him this way.

They did a good job showing his remorse after that though and a suicide attempt was the only way to give him some sort of redemption after the shit he pulled.

Did you cry when you saw it?

I'm still mad over this
I honestly expected Rossiu to have an overcomplicated keikaku that relied on Simon teaming up with Viral and that throwing him in jail was the only way to make it feel natural to them all

No, it was pretty heavy but he kinda got it coming by acting like that.

I teared up at the ending, though. And pic related too.

why does western animation always outdo eastern animation at their own game?

Yeah, Viral's dream above all the others was a real "oh shit" moment to me. That moment in your pic still gives me goosebumps when I watch it.

I know beastmen were made to be unable to use Spiral Power, but that moment made me feel like if anybody deserved to break that barrier it was him.

Is there an anime where the protagonist essentially says "fuck it" and decides to be selfish as all hell because he doesn't care about hypocritical?

>Dies saying exposition
I am legitimately mad how they fucked this up

Incredibly unsatisfying ending, I have to agree. Even though what she said was certainly true, they just handled it so fucking poorly. It felt rushed.

Abenobashi

Arguably Shinji Ikari

I could name a couple selfish MCs, but I can hardly think of a non-shitty selfish MC who also burns the world for his individual desires (Light Yagami kinda fits the description though)

It's more of a thing I guess.

Gun X Sword

desert punk

MD Geist

TTGL's forced drama and the forced dilemma at the end was retarded and always will be retarded.

It was like the trolley problem if there was nobody on track #2 and pulling the lever would be morally wrong because you don't have a rail technician's degree.

Vaan of GunXSword or DesertPunk

UBW and HF Shirou

Please I don't want to age like this, that's so fucking depressing

He literally chose his ending

It's more like if you did the second track would end up killing all of existence

It's well-established that overuse of Spiral energy will lead to doom. Selfish desires like reviving dead people count as overuse (people wanted to not revive just Nia but also the others) and it'd be the start of Simon playing God. Avoiding spiral nemesis was only possible by making a strong statement and maintaining a strict policy.

It's the only part of TTGL I dislike. If they were going to kill her she should have died with the antispiral, but giving the hope that she'd survive just to delete her anyways made 2x worse

>because you don't have a rail technicians degree

Speak for yourself, user

Everyone will die in TTGL eventually anyway because the Spiral Nemesis will happen unopposed.

It's more like this:
>don't pull the lever: your girlfriend dies
>pull the lever: your girlfriend lives but you set a precedent that will likely directly lead to all of creation being destroyed
Simon is a hero.

She stayed alive with her own Spiral power and through Simon's

The logic of the preaching was broken. She wasn't dying in any way naturally. She was dying because the enemy basically switched off her life support as a one final "fuck you". By your logic if a doctor stops a sick patient from dying, he's playing god. I'm not even mad about the ending anymore after all these years. But I'll never stop being mad about there being people who are retarded enough that the ending makes sense or is DEEP.

I don't watch samurai jack, but I heard how they ripped off TTGL's ending, except the ripped off version actually made fucking sense and had real cause and effect instead of hamhanded abstract soapboxing. That's the level TTGL's ending is at, someone randomly plagiarizes it and ends up making it better because it can't get worse and more nonsensical.

TTGL is a Gundam SEED ripoff. At the end of the series Jesus Yamato, the greatest living being to ever exist, retires becoming a nobody who runs and orphanage. How come Gainax cannot make any anime without ripping off true masterpieces?

>By your logic if a doctor stops a sick patient from dying, he's playing god.
If for that he uses a device that will bring the end of the universe when overused and can be reused not just to stop someone from dying but also to revive anyone and do more crazy shit, including planet sized nukes and shit, yes, the doctor is playing with stuff he shouldn't be playing with.

Simon could've set a precedent and it'd have been terrible. He didn't because he grew enough to see the bigger picture, that was the point of Gurren Lagann.

"Likely" is the key word

Face it, the antispiral was just being cautious. The spiral nemesis could theoretically occur if every individual spiral being has an immense amount of power. Were they to create a body of governance over spiral energy, where only they could use it, they could continue to advance their own interests without risking the nemesis

He spent his live fulfilling the dream of the woman he loved. He was happy and content.

Except it wasn't a precedent-setting situlation in the first place. It was a completely unique scenario that had fucking nothing to do with bringing people back from the dead or playing god. She was made to need energy from outside sources to survive and they treated it like not giving her the natural sustenance or fixing it is the moral choice because muh spiral nemesis.

The main characters fucking let their friend die for literally no reason from something that was practically an easily medicated illness. They misinterpreted their own rules that they had JUST RECENTLY MADE UP on something they weren't even applicable to. Now that I'm talking about it, I'm actually starting to get mad at the ending again because of remembering how fucking retarded and pretentious it makes the whole cast look at the end.

They can't just "stop Nia from dying". She's extinguishing along with the Antispiral, as he told them before dying. Her holding out for a week was already a miracle and Simon can't just pump her full of Spiral or something, he has to REVIVE HER. And reviving her is wrong like for anybody else. Just because the cause of death is "My spiral energy is fading" instead of "I got burned by spiral powered lasers" doesn't change anything. It still means using spiral energy to revive somebody and sets a precedent. Gimmy wanted the others to be revived too, and there's no reason to stop there. In fact, using spiral energy for a single life could be enough to trigger the Spiral Nemesis, who fucking knows?

Get a brain.

>HF
Yes
>UBW
Wrong

>She's extinguishing along with the Antispiral
And why is that? She lived and grew up like a normal human being until he died, there's no other explanation than her being reliant on getting a supply of life force or whatever the fuck from him. There wouldn't be any need for reviving if she was just connected to something else for energy instead to live like a normal human. Again, you're arguing that if a doctor saves someone who was born with a medical condition, that's resurrection or playing god or whatever garbage.

And don't try go give me some bullshit about "oh nooo that wouldn't work", when the dialogue makes it clear she could've easily been saved. It had to have been babby's first anime for you, if you're so hung up on thinking it's a deep masterpiece instead of fucking blind retard -tier bad writing.

>She lived and grew up like a normal human being until he died, there's no other explanation than her being reliant on getting a supply of life force or whatever the fuck from him.
Yes. A supply that can't necessarily be provided by someone else.
Your criticism can be summed up to "the limits of metaphorical drill magical powers disturb me because I decided that despite what the narration told me, the protagonist should be able to break the story with them". It's ridiculous and I don't need explain why.

>Except it wasn't a precedent-setting situlation in the first place. It was a completely unique scenario that had fucking nothing to do with bringing people back from the dead or playing god. She was made to need energy from outside sources to survive and they treated it like not giving her the natural sustenance or fixing it is the moral choice because muh spiral nemesis.

Oh god this. The reasoning behind not saving Nia was so cheaply cringeworthy. It was clear as day that they wanted to go for the "sad ending" even if it didn't make a lick of sense and shat all over their
>we're gonna do the impossible
mentality that drove them all the way until now.

If she died for literally any rational reason and not
>the bad guy died so now she's going to die too because previously completely unmentioned reasons and unexplained logic lmao
the ending would've been fine. But with what they went with, the reason she dies is retarded, the reason why they refuse to save her is retarded, and the final message of the show is based on a bunch of retarded nonsense that makes the characters look retarded.

If she died for any "natural" reason the ending would've made perfect sense. But they decided to go with the most contrived and stupid thing they could ever think of, and THAT's true hack writing.

Hey guys I'm part human and part antispiral!
With the antispirals gone I'm gonna vanish though, those fuckers are dragging me down with them after awakening that messenger shit against my will! Could you please fix that up maybe stabilizing my human side or some shit?

>"Sorry Nia can't resurrect the dead."
But I'm not dead-
>"It would set a terrible precedent"
But I'm literally the only case the universe will ever see of this-
>"We can't do something this out of line"
You literally punched holes through the fabric of space time and broke every single limit up until now and all it did was make the universe better-
>"No can do, love you though"

>"Welp she's dead, guess I'll turn into a hobo"

He was boring as fuck honestly. I wish he was characterized more than just "guy who loves the people close to him". I never got that feeling of wanting to root for him and that made the second half that much harder to get through.

>child object can't exist without parent object
That's a basic causality relationship that does not apply to humans but to many things, especially artificial constructs. It's also a widely used trope and therefore in the acceptable realm from a spectator standpoint. Nia disappearing makes sense.
Simon not being able to prevent her from disappearing without going all the way and reviving her which sets a precedent is an arbitrary limit to spiral power. A limit that makes it more interesting than "DON'T WORRY YOU CAN JUST SPIRAL POWER YOUR WAY THROUGH ANYTHING BRO" and "JUST STOP THE SPIRAL NEMESIS WITH MORE SPIRAL POWER". Therefore it's perfectly okay from a writing standpoint, as Spiral Power never had strict or well-defined rules, only serving the story and message, which it did here.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the ending. Contain your autism.

>Simon not being able to prevent her from disappearing without going all the way and reviving her
Source on this?

かばんちゃん

>he just wanted to be a hobo

Dude you did nothing but repeat the same argument you already stated a bunch of times.

The ending is stupid because Nia's case is absolutely unique and thus wouldn't set any bad precedent in saving her. Please address this or stop raising dust.

Huh, no? Nowhere is it stated that they couldn't have used Spiral powers and fix her BEFORE vanishing.

It's like forbidding medicine because it could be potentially be used to resurrect the dead, thus letting thousands of ill and sick patients die. It's a stupid moral ground that makes no sense.

The specifics of her case are unique (how she dies). The reasoning and consequences are the same. You're using the universe-ending force to bring someone back to life. That's the precedent it sets.

The antispiral says she will vanish. And the only time they say spiral power could have changed anything, it's to say they could BRING HER BACK. Not prevent her from vanishing.

The logical ockham razor conclusion is that they couldn't have used spiral power to "fix" her before vanishing or that it'd have been just as bad as bringing her back after vanishing. Otherwise it'd have been considered, talked about, criticised by a character, or even told by the Antispiral.

>caring about the ending
Literally everything after Kittan's death is not worth watching desu

LOL he cucked himself

How about saving her before she dies?
If you can conjure titanic galaxy-sized mechwarriors out of nowhere with Spiral powers, why is fixing her anti-spiral body side "too much" now?

Face it dude, it's nonsensical. I could've accepted this if she died in battle or bled out to death right at the end or something, but they had WEEKS to do something about it before her death and still did nothing.

It feels stupid as fuck to go "can't resurrect the dead" when you could've easily avoided to be in that position in the first place. I totally understand why people accuse this ending of hack writing.

>That's a basic causality relationship that does not apply to humans but to many things, especially artificial constructs
>whoops my house got destroyed because the hammer used to drive in the nails broke hundreds of miles away
Yeah how about no, if anything that's a violation of causality. The effect would have to travel back in time to the point where the two objects timelines branched off of eachother and enter the other object's "personal" line of causality. Not to mention atleast a considerable part of her was human, evidenced by her living and functioning just like any other human being until the Antispiral fucked her shit up.

>Therefore it's perfectly okay from a writing standpoint, as Spiral Power never had strict or well-defined rules, only serving the story and message, which it did here.
This defense of the ending relies on metashit that doesn't bear any weight when you're looking at events in-universe. Pulling random shit out of the ass for the convenience of the message the story is trying to push is literally pure hack writing territory. Art- and deepfags will try to argue story is secondary to the meta, but why even have a story that doesn't have logic.

When you accept having no logic or story, in favour of pure meta and OOC messages, you're entering the territory of modern art where people smear feces on canvases and call them masterpieces.

>The antispiral says she will vanish.
They also said they couldn't be defeated.

See The limitation of spiral power were always arbitrary. You're trying to say hot-blooded drill magic should work this way and not this way. This is not ground for discussion or valid criticism.

>whoops my house got destroyed because the hammer used to drive in the nails broke hundreds of miles away
More like
>whoops my virtual machine isn't running anymore because my computer broke

>Not to mention atleast a considerable part of her was human, evidenced by her living and functioning just like any other human being until the Antispiral fucked her shit up.
She can fly, teleport, shoot laser beams, parts of her body disappears and that's only half of the weird shit she does. That's not human.

>Pulling random shit out of the ass
It's not random shit when nothing was defined.
>why is loosely-defined magic shown to have limits? this is hack writing
Yeah, no. Your whole criticism is based on something insignificant, a detail at best. We call that autism.

We're talking of a magic power fueled by will that can turn a pet hamster into a full fledged evoluted human being who can talk fluently and use energy attacks, yet saving Nia by fixing her non-human side who'd been working fine for years is impossible for some reason.

Face it dude, if we're actually using Ockham's Razor then the hack writing for the sake of drama situation is a lot more plausible.

True, but said pet hamster had magic power. The artificial construct didn't. Also that happened in an artificial universe where thought became tangible or some shit.

There's no rationalizing that shit anyway, and since the premise. Simon asspulled teleportation to stop Rossiu's suicide. Outside of previously shown abilities, only the story can tell you what's possible and what's not. We've never seen medicinal artificial life preserving spiral energy, and the story indirectly told it wasn't possible -partly for the sake of its message. Make your conclusion.

Speaking of TTGL, I like how Gendy ended Samurai Jack, made me want to rewatch TTGL again.
youtube.com/watch?v=0hjFsavpMGE

I think a key part of this is that Nia knew what was going to happen and accepted it. He was just following her wishes to not let everything they fought for be in vein

At least TTGL fleshed it out a bit and was more logical about the entire thing

>Nia by fixing her non-human side who'd been working fine for years is impossible for some reason.
She was never a human
That's the point

Simon is probably still an immortal spiral God, so it's not that bad

It's corrupt as fuck to use spiral power to only benefit your immediate family and friends

Also bringing Nia back from the dead with spiral power would have set an awful precedent for the abuse of spiral power

It's a slippery slope and with something that could destroy the universe you need red lines that aren't crossed

I did. They made up a limitation on the fly that contrasted with everything they'd shown so far (Spiral potential being limitless), hence it's hack writing.

I totally dig the "we can't resurrect dead people that's too much abuse" message, but letting Nia die beforehand merely to give a dramatic example of that was moronic.

I imagine if Nia had died impaled by the Antispirals they would've given Yoko a heartstroke to push the same message. That's what I call bad writing.

She had a mother, father, grew boobs and ate food.
She was human enough, in fact she was perfectly fine until the "Messenger" crap got activated.

Just remove or fix that shit and let her keep going as she'd done for years prior to the second arc, easy.

>They made up a limitation on the fly that contrasted with everything they'd shown so far (Spiral potential being limitless)
Spiral power can't stop Spiral nemesis. Spiral power could only get this far because Antispirals let them adapt everytime. Spiral beings can evolve, but they're not omnipotent Gods.

She's pretty much a sentient robot user made by people who can make probability altering missiles

They can easily probe her mind like a database and recall her like the Mugabe Robots

Which I never said, so, huh, you're welcome?

She's a virtual lifeform. Is it so hard to accept you can't make it a real human bean in a story with loosely-defined rules? It's like saying Harry Potter is shit not because it's a bad story but because people never use the Attract spell to steal money or something.

>they made up a limitation on the fly
>they're not Gods so some limitations are believable
>I never said that

Feel free to quote when I said they're gods, otherwise stop strawmanning.

What I'm quoting is the limitation part.

And yet your screenshot, filename and post mentioned that God shit I never said, so, huh, you're welcome?

Wow, I didn't even know there existed such babies who're so upset at TTGL having a bittersweet ending. Why do you need all these headcanons and overreaching/overthinking leaps in logic just to think about something nice? Can't you just accept a sad ending for what it is? This is pathetic

Same shit happened with Samurai Jack, but that's just because Sup Forums is filled with namby pamby, fragile little mincing faggots

>She's a virtual lifeform
She's clearly an autonomous person with flesh and blood, and the universe or antispirals aren't a computer she's contained in. Try again

Gon

Oreki is the greatest of MCs.