Debt collectors calling me saying I need to call them today because they are doing a “final review”...

Debt collectors calling me saying I need to call them today because they are doing a “final review”. What ever that means. Are they about to take it to court? Is that what they are implying? The debt in question is $1,800. It’s a medical bill from wisdom tooth removal. I haven’t talked to them, I’ve just listened to the voicemails. What’s “final review mean”? They’ve been calling me for 3 months.

pay your bills

You can't be sued over medical debt, that debt has been sold to a third party collector. They like to hire ex-cons and ghetto thug types to threaten you on the phone (I briefly worked for such a place but couldn't stomach it). Ignore it and the statute of limitations is up after 20 years.

Don't answer, ask a lawyer.

This. Wait for it to be bought up by a 3rd party debtor. Pay off debt for pennies on the dollar.

just ask them to call back then sue them for breaking the law in their attempts to collect this debt illegally

Don't listen to these retards. Your credit is going to get fucked.

Credit can be fixed. This dude isn't going to be taking out loans any time soon from the sound of it.

pay denbts

Why haven't you paid or discussed alternative ways of paying?

medical bills are always easy as shit to pay off because they're happy getting anything out of you.

Pay your bills. They have no power to collect the debt, they are not going to sue you over $1800. Final review probably means they consider your debt dead, then they sell it to a company with a profit who uses it as a tax write off.

Auto damage can be fixed too after smashing your car into a wall. Doesn't mean you should do it. Credit doesn't just affect getting loans. A lot of employers check your credit before hiring, as do apartment rentals. Not something to fuck around with.

This. Work a payment plan you degenerate fuck.

Medical bills don't even show up on your credit score. Although they will be at the bottom of the report as unpaid.

Meant reply to this

It means they are about to sell your debt to a jew that will also be buying up other small debts like yours.

The jew will then bring them, en mass, to a court to his judge friend who is also a jew and you will be ordered to pay the debt, their legal costs, and whatever random charges and fees the jew has conjured up In his wild imaginings.

Good luck

It's just a debt collector trying to scare you. They'll put it on your credit report but that's most likely all they'll do. Highly unlikely they actually sue, but if they do so what? Then you have to pay them by court order, until they do that it's just on your report. Also, record your conversations with them and politely tell them you don't want to be contacted about this debt any more. If they call again, sue them.

This, except statute of limitations is up around 6 years for most debt in most states.

I had debt collectors calling me for a couple months. I never answered. There has been no impact on my credit report nor have I been summoned - this was all two years ago. I say roll the dice OP don’t pay them shit.

The eternal boomer logic right here, ever kiked.
I bought my house, had a job and did a variety of different minor and major investments after going bankrupt after the 2008 market crash.

How on earth does a wisdom tooth removal costs 1800 dollars? Credit?

In the Land of the Free dental procedures cost a lot of money.

How did it get so bad? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around such prices.

No they want take you to court it will be sent to a collections agency and it will impact your credit score. If they did try and take it to court first you would receive a letter saying that they can suspend your license depending on what state you live in.

If debt collectors are calling you, but you have never borrowed from the debt collecting company, you don't have to pay them. You borrowed from the creditor, not the debt collectors. The debt collectors bought your debt off the creditor with the intention of getting it from you, but you have no contract with them - your contract is with the creditor.

Thank them for paying your debt off for you and ask for a copy of the contract you have with them - it doesn't exist.

Idk, probably kikes. We had an incident here where a kid was bit by a snake and he needed antivenom to live - the hospital charged the father $1,000,000 because he didn’t have insurance

hahaha my teeth are uber fucked.
Wisdom teeth removal (all 4): ~$2,100
Massive realignment for impacted teeth+other shit: ~$6,000
Fuck that. I can replace my old car with that kind of money. OR go Mexico to get surgery, but meh.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. OP should be aware that if they do sue and receive a judgment against him then the judgment has no statute of limitations and can be collected from OP with a court order for the rest of his life and/or his estate after his death.

Final review is fancy language to get your attention. When i collected debt I would say shit like this has been escalated to my attention for resolution.

It means pay your dentist faggt

they can't do shit
ignore them
it'll hurt you credit rating but screw it

It means nothing, just like "legal action" means nothing. They're trying to scare you into paying, which is all they can do. Medical bills are the lowest on the totem pole of unsecured "debt", but technically not even debt because it's not money you borrowed.

If you can't afford it, don't pay it. Do not reply to debt collectors. If they sue you, you can hire a lawyer to dispute the debt and deny it. You will not end up in jail over unpaid debt or bills unless fraud was involved and they can prove it.

Unless you specifically agreed to pay a specific dollar amount and signed some document to that effect, there is very little they can do since it boils down to their word against yours.

Check your state's statute of limitations for contracts / debt. It varies by state, but it's usually 4-6 years. That means if you ignore them, and they do not sue you for that period of time, once 4-6 years elapses it's the same as paying the debt in full.

The SoL clock starts from date that you first went "past due". If you make partial payments or admit that you owe them money, you reset the clock.

In my very early 20s i had 6k in medical debt. I just ignored it for 6 years because I didn't give a shit about my credit then, or now for that matter. Problem solved. I also moved to the other side of the country about 2 years after acquiring the debt. Third party collector found me once I opened a bank account and sent me one letter. Round filed it and never heard anything else. As an aside, you don't need credit to attain things like real estate or start businesses. Initially I worked wage slave jobs and did side gigs to save up cash. Then I started my own business and hustled my ass off for 9 years. Paid cash for a fucking huge forested lakefront property on which I'll be building my own house in the spring. All without jew bankers making one fucking shekel in interest off any of it. Zero debt for life bitches.

>$1,800

>lolnigger.gif
that said, i wouldn't pay it either