Is the author trying to make Naruto unlikable so that the backlash for his death in the future isn't as bad...

Is the author trying to make Naruto unlikable so that the backlash for his death in the future isn't as bad? If not I can't understand the shitty way they are characterizing him.

A weaker and less experienced version of himself had a single clone fight and defeat multiple Kages and also face down Madara before disappearing but he can't have one do paperwork?

Also we're 8 episodes in and hes shown a grand total of zero displays of affections for his wife and kids. His wife makes dinner but he can't be fucked eating and heads straight to bed. His daughter calls out to him when he comes home, no response. Boruto him he unlocked and ability his immediate reaction is to not believe him. What the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kgnrtfan1/status/866852335624040452
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Soon he'll be having an affair

With Sasuke?

Isnt she like hanabi that she'll forever be some irrelevant virging little sister whos at best going to be used as a damsel in distress to give her brother a motivationt to do something.

Funny thing is Tsunade, Sarutobi and Kakashi had considerably less paperwork than naruto ever had when they were hokage.

I don't understand why people are hating on Naruto for not believing Boruto. The man knows that his son. If you knew your son didn't train and he claimed to develop a new power, you would be skeptical too.

You sound like you were the kind of kid your parents secretly abhorred.

>If you knew your son didn't train and he claimed to develop a new power, you would be skeptical too.
Yeah just like his daughter right

With who?

This is before the Boruto movie where he realizes what an awful father he is

I'd imagine they didn't have to deal with the whole globalization of the Ninja world due to the alliance and whatnot. That still doesn't excuse Naruto for being a workaholic who hasn't even shown an ounce of affection towards his wife and kids.

But I feel as bad for Hinata about as much as I feel bad for Chi Chi from DB. They both brought it on themselves.

to be fair, back in Sarutobi and Tsunade's reign the village was a lot smaller and they werent' also trying to run a ninja UN as well like Naruto was.
But the fact that he choose to not even take his own daughter's birthday off and sent a clone is just plain unforgivable.

and to be fair to Chi-Chi she just thought that Goku liked to fight, she didn't know that he was some sort of genetically battle obsessed super alien

Naruto's overworking is just Kishi inserting a reflection of his lifestyle as a mangaka during Naruto's run and he just uses it as a plot point for the Boruto movie for drama. It'll be over when the anime gets around to covering movie material.

Well in Himawari's case, you could actually see her eyes change color. Plus Naruto barely had time to react before knocked out, Hinata confirmed that she had the Byakugan while he was knocked out. Boruto was just running around like a chuuni and imitating a movie character who happens to have a magic eye, nothing suggested he actually activated his Kekkai Genkai.

I laughed when he dropped the cake. What a terrible father.

Gokus not remotely as bad. He literally didn't know what marriage, sex, or being a father entailed.

Also he spends time with Gohan and Goten fairly often as shown is super. Naruto almost outright avoids interaction with his son at this point.

This
Naruto's reaction was the logical one

Being part of the workforce is about sacrifices, if you want to progress in a work environment sacrifices are to be made.

Bitching about missing a party reminds me of those sappy 90s movies where they make it seem that missing a birthday party or game from your son will ruin their lives, truth be told work is important and as retarded as Naruto is being a workaholic is the only logical choice.

the worst part is Himawari's face.
You'd expect crying or something, but she's just disappointed and resigned like she was totally expecting this to happen. How fucking bad of a parent must you be that your own daughter isn't even surprised when you fuck up, goddamn Naruto that's fucking shitty.

I agree. I give Goku a pass because he's Goku. Even Chi Chi as much as she pushes education on her sons isn't exactly very bright and is pretty sheltered herself. Also despite all the retarded memes about Goku being a bad father, he's really not.

They are grandparents now yet still haven't kissed. Both Naruto and Hinata are nowhere near that level. Naruto knows what all that stuff is yet still neglects his family.

The thing is, that would make sense if he was a wage slave who wants to impress a boss or something. But he's not, hes literally the elected dictator of the village, if he wanted to take a day off to spend with his family there's no one who could stop him.

Does Naruto even remember why he wanted the Hokage job in the first place?

bc you can't have a shounen without DADDY (or family really) ISSUES !!!

>Is the author trying to make Naruto unlikable
Since when he's likable?

as far as I'm concerned this shit is non-cannon. It's just a dogshit cash-in.

Remember when people were too scared to give bad news to Hitler during the D-Day, let alone wake him up early with bad news?

A leader can't afford a day off that easily, they made Naruto a big part of the endgame and now it has to fill that role, it shits on it's family though.

Being an authority figure means that the people depending on you actually lose when you take a day off.

Let me guess. An office drone or a neet.

>A leader can't afford a day off that easily, they made Naruto a big part of the endgame and now it has to fill that role, it shits on it's family though.

Except Naruto's signature skill is making clones

Hitler couldn't make clones capable of doing anything he could.

His clones are running errands around the city.

And I'm supposed to believe he can't let one more do shitty paper work. Remember when his clones fought an entire fucking war?

Don't think too hard about it, it's just manufactured drama to give Boruto a reason to rebel for a bit.

I'm aware of that, but it's still surprising to see Naruto made so unlikable. Sasuke literally abandoned his family and I find myself hating him less

At first he wanted it because of recognition. I forgot why he still wanted it by the end though.

Pretty much this. It's drama for the sake of drama. There is no reason that he couldn't attend his own daughter's birthday and leave a clone in the office. Him being tired isn't an excuse.

I don't find him unlikeable though the drama does feel manufactured. He's just reduced to a tired workaholic but he hasn't done anything malicious.

I'm getting a distinct feeling that he's actually envious of Boruto for being a fairly gifted shinobi compared to him. Seeing him try to shoot down Boruto's belief that he had awakened the Byakugan really soured me on him.

It's just a shitty way of fabricating drama between Bort and Naruto.

people become unlikable when they

1) become adults
2) become senile
3) are promoted to a position of power

Hint : Naruto is one of many guys that are not good father material.

This is some of the most realistic stuff to grace the series.

Maybe you're projecting too much into a cashgrab series.

Why couldn't Hinata look like this? She looks so boring with her soccer mom haircut.

Considering he's an orphan and how much trouble that caused for him, I'd expect him to be overbearing and spoil his kids

I'm still allowed to analyze it no matter how shitty it is

The ironic thing is that it actually has caused me to like Boruto despite being sour on him at first.

Naruto loves his job more than his family.

well, it makes sense. His goal was always to become Hokage. He was never really interested in Hinata until the manufactured affection (after the genjutsu) during the Last movie.

I'm not surprised Naruto is like this. If I had a boring wife like Hinata, I would do my best to avoid her too.

twitter.com/kgnrtfan1/status/866852335624040452

So apparently Pinkshit fans are planing to send a hate letter to SP.

Naruto is secretly having an affair with Hanabi.

What does any of that say

Considering he's an orphan with no proper parent figures, it's no surprise he's shit at being a parent himself.

Naruto was an orphan in a village that hated him for some reason so he probably never had his birthday celebrated. Naruto also had no close friends considering Sasuke didn't give a shit about Naruto and left the village while Sakura was only interested in Sasuke. Then theres the fact the only reason anyone but his senseis gave a damn about Naruto was his achievements so he probably thought his familiy fucking loved him for being such a hard working Hokage.

>sakurafags still buthurtt until this day till the end of the days

HAHAHAHAHAH

And still people were scared shitless of waking up that asshole while the allies took the advantage.

>twitter.com/kgnrtfan1/status/866852335624040452

can't they move on

They are acting like this was a presidential election

I'm not surprised he's a bad parent, but it shouldn't be like this. It's being done in a way where I'm unable to sympathize with him. Even if he's busy, there is no reason he should come off as so unsupportive.

They are SasuSaku fans through, not NaruSaku.

Kishimoto had to self-insert his family problems onto Naruto. The anime staff have to work with the material that is was given to them by Kishimoto. Their is nothing that can be done about it since this is how Kishimoto wanted Naruto to be seen as.

Didn't Kishi say he made it based on his experience at parenting or something like that?

I agree with the guys there that he could make clones and nof neglet his kids if he wanted, but about his work this is wrong.
Not only he ended a war, he also ended the old ninja system and literally changed the world. Konoha is now ninja japan.

There's a lot of regulamentations, lews, external and internal relations, new technology, jobs, means of production, energy, transport, quality of life, education, and the list keeps only going and going. And Nardo is in the center of all that.
Old Kages could get away with simple fighting and army prowess, but right now they are a new and legit society.

You can see all that work taking it's toll on Naruto, his work is accunulating so its not like he can get any day off as he pleases. Sure, that doesn't mean he should neglet his family like that. He already learned his lesson from Minato, Kushina, Jiraya, Bee and Itachi that family matters the most, and no sacrifice for them is unworthy.

This

>Sakurafag

lol, I don't care about Sakura. Both her and Hinata are boring characters who should've stayed as Background civilians instead of infesting the story with their one-sided obsessive infatuations.

So you simply don't like the fact that this was probably made from actual experience on the subject, as in reality and not bullshit anime fantasy?

I cant really blame them for being upset how Sakura is treated, I feel just pity for her. She's practically a single mom, her husband was gone on a smoke run for 12 years without a single letter or call home, almost stabs their daughter and can barely manage to hug his own daughter due to how much of an autist he is. Then what is worse is how their fucked up relationship is treated as being okay and not unhealthy as fuck like it is.

Hinata should have kept her initial adult design with the longer hair. Short hair makes her look even more boring than she is.

The realistic angle doesn't mesh with Naruto's character as we've seen it. No matter how realistic his shittiness it, it's still shitty.

Yeah which is why we got Naruto as the character he currently is in Boruto. Along, with Boruto dad issues mirroring the stuff Kishimoto has to go through with his kid.

because you can't make shot x hot aunt dojins

>So you simply don't like the fact that this was probably made from actual experience on the subject

If by "actual experience" you mean from somebody who is a shit father and a workaholic then sure. There is no need to insert that into Naruto's character for the sole sake of creating drama between him and Boruto. That's just lazy writing, but then again it's Kishi so I can't say I'm surprised.

This would give the series a much darker tone, especially if it's with someone we already know like ten ten
Or even worse he also impregnated other women

You don't get it user, like I said before, they are mostly SSfags. They don't care if Sakura is a sad sack as long they get scraps of SS moments. They are delusional self insert shippers, they don't care about Sakura having self respect.

This. It's actually kind of silly, but whatever. Same reason why Boruto, despite seeing that the thing in his right eye looks nothing like a Byakugan, thinking that it's a Byakugan. But at least there's some basis for that.

It's a shame because it should be the one thing Naruto doesn't have problems with, considering he can clone himself a thousand times and all clones feed knowledge and experience back to the original.

yeah, most people hated him, but are you forgetting Hiruka and the ramen guy, the ramen guy being a parent himself, you would expect Naruto to ask for tips in parenthood from someone

He's probably fucking Shizune.
Sasuke is also fucking other women, spreading the Uchiha seed far and wide.

If you sacrifice your family for your work, you're not really living.

>

Sakura's choice in a gist

Why?

Blonde boy falls in love with big titty girl. Unable to confess...

This. Let's just hope they get through with it sooner than later.

Have we seen Kakashi, Sarutobi and Tsunade in their free time? IIRC Kakashi and Tsunade don't even have families to take care of

/ss/ with auntie when?

Before we get into these questions, you realize all of what's happening now is very moot since we know the Boruto movie is after this where both Boruto and Naruto learn how the other is feeling and start being better about it right?

Also you know Naruto is Kishi's self-insert for his real life

Kakashi and Tobirama were the only Hokages with no family and they were both some of the best Hokage who revolutionized the village.
Coincidence? I think not.

>you realize all of what's happening now is very moot since we know the Boruto movie is after this where both Boruto and Naruto learn how the other is feeling and start being better about it right?
If they did do you think we'd be having this thread right now?

Sarutobi had, he had enough free time to bail his sack out of office, Tsunade even drinked during the day, having family or not doesn't affect your work time, if the work is huge then hire an assistant or 2 more like any sane boss would do

>Naruto almost outright avoids interaction with his son at this point.
Okay listen idiots.

The entire issue with Boruto's feelings toward his dad is because it's plainly obvious to see that Naruto before he became Hokage was Dad #1. In the few times we see them before the start of the show, Boruto is shown as happy and they have plenty of pictures together growing up. This clearly changes when Naruto becomes Hokage and is the entire reason for his conflict. It's a new situation which he's unable to handle and Naruto is not that good at dealing with it. Boruto loves his dad, almost too much, which is why he wants his attention. He doesn't really hate him or anything and like Hinata (and I think Iruka once) said, the village has to become the Hokage's family.

A lot of people try to make a bigger deal out of it than it is and it's quite simple. There's also the fact that Boruto is kind a fuckup despite being a genius which is also why Naruto didn't believe him about the Byakugan thing (i mean he did run a train into a statue)

By the way, why did everybody forget Konohamaru who went through this exact same thing with Sarutobi never having time for him anymore

Kakashi had a family? Who? And isn't Konohamaru the Sarutobis grandson? That means he has a son too right?

Naw I can't abide by this. Naruto grew up with no family, so the idea he doesn't try to spend every moment with them bothers me.

Just make a ton of clones and do your paper work that why.

Boruto is shaping up to be a more likable character than Naruto ever was.

>By the way, why did everybody forget Konohamaru who went through this exact same thing with Sarutobi never having time for him anymore
And Asuma. Except I don't quite think he ever tried to murder his grandpa like Konohamaru did.

>It's being done in a way where I'm unable to sympathize with him
Are you a dad?

Like a really busy, president of a company-type, dad?

>Father who works day in and day out to provide for his family and also take care of a village full of people who need his leadership anf guidance
>He's considered worse than shit for missing a birthday party
I
FUCKING
HATE
THIS
TROPE
SO
GOD
DAMN
MUCH

In so many movies it seems to be an excuse to make the father be in the wrong when he's providing for his family but in reality it makes the kids look like faggots given how so many children don't even have a father to raise them since they just up and leave its even worse when the father has been gone for years and they play it off lightheartly. Thank god for Hinata and yes even the actual dead beat dad Sasuke for calling out Boruto on that bullshit but that movie did not need such a tired trope to begin with.

The problem with Naruto is that he is taking the challenge of being Hokage like he takes every challenge: At full tilt, with everything he's got.

As Hokage, he's not just buried by paperwork. He's also using his shadow clones to help people all over the village. While that is a nice move, it's not his job. Someone needs to tell Naruto that he doesn't have to shoulder everything alone like he did during the Ninja War. Just hire some dudes to take up the slack.

We don't know if Tobirama had or not children but considering how badly the Senju bloodline shrinked he probably didn't. Also, don't forget Tsunade.

he's a goofy smug chunni faggot and I love him for it.

Can I make a thousand clones of myself?

Do we know Tobirama had no family

>If they did do you think we'd be having this thread right now?
Well OP used a picture from the Boruto movie so I'd assume he'd know how it ends

>given how so many children don't even have a father to raise them since they just up and leave its even worse when the father has been gone for years and they play it off lightheartly
Nigger?

I bet if the RtN universe was an actual alternate universe instead of a genjutsu, Bitchnata would have ended up with playboy Sasuke. I wonder what monstrosity they would produce?

Believe it

if Tobirama had kids there would have never been a Uchiha coup plan at all.