Is it possible that the series is just Kyon narrating it from the future?

Is it possible that the series is just Kyon narrating it from the future?
Given how low intensity everything seems, especially when he gets attacked, it's likely that he's telling all of this from memory sometime in the future. Maybe even to Haruhi, since it seems like she's not unaware of supernatural happenings once they're in college. What do you guys think?

Well that's how I always imagined it to be, like he's reminiscing.

In disappearance he has no idea who was the one that helped him against Asakura.

The only way we'd find out is in a next installment, probably at the end of the story. That installment is never coming out, therefore your theory is wrong and I'm also going to burn Tanigawa's house for being a lazy fuck FINISH YOUR STORY GODDAMNIT

I wish there were a way to contact him but he's completely off the grid

He guessed it was himself though. At the end he was repeating the lines to himself.

The latest two volumes became 5 years old yesterday, or putting it in other words, 5 years without a new volume.

How are you faring so far, user?

So what's Haruhi's and Sasaki's relationship anyways? Haven't read up to that point but I'm interested.

Long story short: they get along with kyon, they are a bit eccentric or weird for different reasons, both held the reality-warping powers at some point and they used to be classmates back in elementary school.

They're more or less the opposite ends of a spectrum, Sasaki being the rational neat eccentric and Haruhi being the chaotic creative one.
Sasaki was really interested by Haruhi's antics back then. On the other hand, Haruhi doesn't care all that much. She didn't even sperg out when Sasaki appeared, despite Sasaki intentionally showing she was pretty close to Kyon and generally acting a bit invasive (to the point Kyon told her to fuck off afterwards).
I wish we could see more of Sasaki desu.

Seems like I would love Sasaki more than Haruhi if this gets animated.

She's good competition at least.

>Haruhi put one hand on my shoulder, its power causing a slight change in my lower region.
What did Kyon mean by this?

And you would be right.

He's dead user.

6 years, not 5. Surprise came out in 2011.

My brain still wants to believe we're in 2016.

Ah that reminded me of the part where Haruhi nurses Yuki who's sick of space AIDS, that was cute af

Didn't she also get sick in snow mountain syndrome?

Maybe, been a while since I last read the books THANKS TANIGAWA

I don't think she was sick, it's just her connection to the data overmind was severed so her powers were drastically weakened. At full power she could've easily broken the lock, but instead she had to do the convoluted puzzle thing.

She wasn't sick in either per se, one was just as you said and the other was her overheating from serving as an interpreter between the data overmind and the sky canopy domain.

Uh, how is this not completley obvious? It's very much written as being in the past and as a mentor or something. I think there are even parts of the first chapter is written in the past tense.
It's also pretty apparent when he writes that story in the 8th volume but he omits the ending or something like that.

Sasaki had a crush on Haruhi when they were classmates, but Haruhi doesn't even remember her.

Wait she has a crush on both Haruhi and Kyon?

It's not sexual, more like she got reaaally interested in Haruhi. As for Kyon and Sasaki, she's not in love with him either, iirc she even has a boyfriend in her school that we never see or at least someone who was interested in her,
I'm not sure