Seikaisuru Kado

New episode in less than 24 hours.

Other urls found in this thread:

4gamer.net/games/338/G033856/20170517069/
youtu.be/xrr5jLcTGuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

New interview, new info. All hail Space Jesus.

4gamer.net/games/338/G033856/20170517069/
>4Gamer: Yaha-kui zaShunina, the anisotropic, what kind of a person is he?
>Noguchi (producer): That's the thing - he is not really a "person", he is a being from outside of the known space. He's only imitating a human, but he himself is something else entirely. And since he's unfamiliar with human conduct, watching him communicate, learn things such as a handshake, and study human culture is one of the interesting points of the show, I think.
>He also provides a curious perspective. Just like being Japanese can make you ignorant of what Japan is really like, zaShunina's alien view gives us humans a different look at ourselves... Here I'll digress a bit, but there's a member of our anime staff who keeps pet ants. If we compare zaShunina to a human, mankind is pretty much like ants to him. His perspective is that much more advanced and remote.
>4Gamers: He's watching us through a god's eyes, then?
>Noguchi: Indeed. If you pour some water on an ant nest, the ants will freak out and start running all the over the place. I think that's what mankind looked like to zaShunina after he gave them the Wam. He sees we move in some way, so he digs a new hole and watches. (laugh)

>4Gamer: Feels like we're made to dance on a god's palm, doesn't it. (laugh) But there is a conversation between Shindo and his mother in episode 6 where they brought up that "it'd be lonely if it were all by itself" and alluded to Yaha-kui zaShunina's more humane aspects. Should we expect zaShunina to feel closer to humanity now?
>Noguchi: Yes. Notice how communicating with Shindo softens him and in the process he learns more about what humans are like. Will his viewpoint change to a more empathetic one, or will he remain an observer watching the ants scurry about? This is actually a very important part of the story to come. The lines in episode 6 are foreshadowing and the key of sorts.
>4Gamer: By episode 6, zaShunina has given mankind the Wam and stated that humanity will no longer need to sleep. He is changing people's lives dramatically, but what is his real motive?
>Noguchi: With the Wam he solved our energy problem; with the "no need to sleep" thing he is addressing our labor problems. The running theme of the show is "keep thinking and considering", so he keeps presenting questions for mankind to consider. The answers will always differ depending on the individual, so while people abroad might react to the sleep revolution with "Great! Now I'm gonna have more free time!", the Japanese may take it as "Great, now I have to work more'. Nowadays people decry how little time they have, not to mention they are being squeezed dry by the corporations that employ them, so many wish the power to decide their lives was returned back to the individual level. (...) People's values are influenced by their way of living and rhythm, so I'd say he is inviting people with all these different values to reevaluate what "right" means to them.

>4Gamer: So Yaha-kui zaShunina's "find the right answer" call is not meant only for mankind as a whole, but also for every individual?
>Noguchi: Yes. He is inviting everybody to think, to consider various problems, and then find the right answer. The show is heading towards its own "right answer", but whether it really was the right thing to do will differ depending on each viewer.
>4Gamer: Aside from Yaha-kui zaShunina, who is personally your favorite character?
>Noguchi: Asano.
>4Gamer: Shindo's friend Asano Shuuhei, then. That's a rather surprising choice.
>Noguchi: Asano's perspective is probably the most objective in this series of events. Yaha-kui zaShunina and Shindo are the interested party, while the public are the victims. Asano is close to the interested party, but he's not part of it and he observes from the outside.
>4Gamer: Episode 6.5 has just aired, so what should we look forward to in episode 7?
>Noguchi: Expect more objects like the Wam. Mankind will start receiving more questions even faster and the human side will have to give their answers to that.
>4Gamer: So there is more to deal with. The sleep revolution itself is a big upheaval, no?
>Noguchi: Yaha-kui zaShunina thinks humanity is still lacking in some ways and he is ready to provide them. What he is doing is essentially compressing human technological and societal progress on a very drastic timescale. He is compressing things that would take 100 years into a single year and letting mankind experience that.

>Notice how communicating with Shindo softens him
Alium is going to win the Shindobowl.

Assuming zaShunina doesn't leave at the end, which he most likely will.

If Shindo goes with him, it still counts.

Any chance of people suddenly realizing this show is good then picking it up en masse halfway through the season?

hasn't it already been said any romance will be het?

Cute.

I don't think so. And zaShunina doesn't have a gender, so technically it's not gay either.

I'm wondering if zaShunina will target the financial system. It's a pretty big burden as is, and if you really want to pour water on ants, just add a couple of zeroes to everyone's bank account.

Shindo is canonically bisexual (or omnisexual) and attracted to zaShunina in some way, so there's that.

Depends on what he's trying to do. If he wants to improve human nature, then simply giving them more virtual money wouldn't do much.

Hanamura who?

>go to a maid massage salon
>see this

Now that I found out about Gokai suru Kado I'm gonna read the English ones there at least, but it's a shame the book isn't available digitally for the rest. I mean the last story there by the scenarist of Kado is apparently about Ghenghis Khan flying through skies, space and higher dimensions, that's gotta be something.

By the way, anyone here read any Nozaki Mado before? Japanese readers seem to be of a fairly high opinion about his work, although considering it a bit bizarre at times, but I wonder if his stories and light novels are at all known outside of glorious nippon.

Sorry, I'm watching Venus to Mamoru

>Shindo is canonically bisexual
Citation needed

>it was gonna be a 24 ep series
Hmm. I wonder how they'll wrap this up.

People are having a lot of fun with his arms, aren't they?

Doubtful. It's got a rep of being 3D and fujo. Something insane would have to happen to attract more viewers.

Having a rep of being fujo should work in its favor. Fujobux are a thing.
I think the CG is what's working against it the most, even if it's very good CG.

I'm reading 'know' by him, and yeah, it's pretty good. Feels very non-Japanese in some ways; it's considerably more rational and unsentimental than modern popular novelists in Japan tend to be. I wouldn't call 'know' particularly bizarre yet; it's high-concept and the author loves his information theory, but it's pretty logical.

From the interview with the series director:
>Q: Neither zaShunina nor Shindo seem to be the type to care about the looks, right?
>A: Correct. They don't care at all. The appearance is completely irrelevant to them, I think.
zaShunina obviously doesn't care about human genders and Shindo is apparently similar.

"Not caring about appearance" is not synonymous with bisexuality, user. I'm as fujo as the next person, but I don't think that's a logical leap.

They could be demisexual.

Ohh you must be talking about nippon fans, because western fans aren't giving any bux fujo or otherwise. I think it's because the characters are so reserved. Japanese fans seem to prefer quirky and over the top above all else.

All those new words are hard and unnecessary. There are men and women so you can like one of those or both, no need to complicate things.

But what if the one you like is a genderless anisotropic being?

Nah. If Episode 3 wasn't enough, nothing will. Some community-respected anime youtubers have mentioned it's their AOTS, but it still doesn't seem to convince many people.

It looks like a man, then it's a man.

And yet Eromanga Sensei is as popular as Coca-Cola, even though it's garbage. Go figure.

zaShunina doesn't really look much like a man, user.

Looks like a man to me.

Holy reading comprehension user.
He's not sexual at all.

If you're going to post concept art to prove this point, at least post the one in which he actually looks masculine.
>dat back

Skipped last week episode, did something happen or was it only a recap?

Just a recap, you didn't miss anything except this week's episode preview.

Mate, I was searching for that one, but then realised I don't have that saved.

He kinda looks more bulky from the back than from the front... but hey, he's anisotropic, it makes perfect sense.

That's interesting, thanks. I'm considering picking up some of his stuff now, was a bit surprised he wrote a Fantasista Doll spin-off, I'm one of the few people who quite liked that show and I suppose he went deeper with the concept somehow. Also very interested about that Shinanai Seito Satsujin Jiken thing, that seems fun and apparently with a taste of yuri, which I'm personally very fond of when it doesn't take over the story.

>looks more bulky from the back than from the front... but hey, he's anisotropic, it makes perfect sense.
I laughed harder than I probably should have.

I'm trying to draw some OC for this show, and I just want to say
fuck whoever designed zaShunina's hair.

How are those wam coming along?

Considering I just heard about it and picked it up based on the premise alone, it is possible.

I'm not at all surprised how much fanart of festival zaShunina there was so quickly after the episode preview.

It was a question about their potential romantic partners.

youtu.be/xrr5jLcTGuc

New PV. Some new shots from ep7 and lines.
>zaShunina: Welcome to Kado.
>Tsukai: Did something happen?
>Female voice: What happened in there?
>zaShunina: He already understands.
>Tsukai: Shindo-san, I need to talk to you.
>Shindo: How will this development lead to happiness...?
>zaShunina: From now on, human advancement is going to progress even faster.

>more of kitsune-zaShu
I wonder if his choice of mask is relevant? It's certainly interesting.

Only Shindo and zaShunina have been shown in masks and they're both not quite human anymore. Their masks also represent dangerous wild spirits (Kitsune and Tengu).

>those piles of books around zaShunina
Looks like Shindo kept his word.

They're also the only recognizable members of the team, though.

>what is symbolism
And zaShunina's white hair gives him away anyway.

Them being recognizable is probably the in-universe explanation to wear masks, but the director chose those specific yokai for a reason.

I am regretting drawing an image with more than two hands in it.

You think maybe it's a Kado festival since the cube is now in a touristy area? Would explain the cube snacks.

Also some neat details about Kado itself:
>4Gamer: The complex CG you mentioned was Kado, wasn't it?
>Noguchi: Yes. We knew since the beginning that its scenes would require quite a lot of cuts. It's going to become more prominent in the second half of the show, too.
>4Gamer: How did you come up with it?
>Noguchi: Nozaki named the show "Seikaisuru Kado" back when it was still just a plot outline. Kado is a gate though which Yaha-kui zaShunina arrives to our world. When we were discussing how it'd look like, Murata (chief director) went "Well, it's called Kado (corner, edge, gate in Japanese), so let's make it a cube". (laugh) (...) And it was supposed to look like something not made by human hands, so we opted for fractals.

That's p.cool

>Arms in relatively natural position for reading
>still detached
Come on, animating fabric can't be that hard.

>a lot of books for zaShunina
I'm so happy for him.

>implying he cares
Even keeping a human form must be a pain in the ass for him.

>clipping

How will the alien outcute himself this episode?

It might be actually impossible. This aliens moe is pretty remarkable.
On a moe scale from 0 to Kaiji I'd give him 8.5

>Any romance will be het
>Wouldn't the anisotropic being be lonely?
Calling it now, last episode zaShunina will have tits to dodge homo end.

>Any romance will be het
Citation needed

Looks like he's channeling Avalokiteśvara this time.

I'm actually working on something like that right now.

Very cool, user, I hope you post it once it's done.

>12 hours until sleep.