Why are millennials not finding jobs after going to college?

Why are millennials not finding jobs after going to college?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Uo0KjdDJr1c
payscale.com/research/US/Job=Plumber/Hourly_Rate
payscale.com/research/US/Job=Call_Center_Representative/Hourly_Rate
youtube.com/watch?v=Ed-5Zzdbx0E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Millennials that get worthwhile STEM degrees do. But so many millennials take useless garbage SJW programming courses.

Most of them get jobs as faggot shills posting slide threads with meme flags before they eventually kill themselves

Because they don’t want to cause themselves temporary pain for long-term gains. They’d rather have a dollar today than ten next month. They’re idiots.

Because many millennials would rather abuse the welfare system and vote Democrat than actually get off their ass and do something good for their country.

Stop making me hate her please.

Enrolling in degree programs that give you no market facing skill sets but rather just make you feel important and pseudo intellectual.

Stem degrees are garbage. I would have been better off working a min wage job and investing rather than getting an engineering degree and ending up unemployed for years.

STEM is literally a shit meme, inhabited by the socially retarded. Med/Law master race.

Because there a none that pay well enough. And no, im not a commie. The job market is shit even for people with STEM degrees here in the UK. Maybe it's different elsewhere i don't know.

Probably because they've never worked before and believe shit should be handed to them. I meet millennials who expect to make certain work schedules and all sorts of special privileges that people don't get until they have seniority or something. A college degree doesn't give you a work ethic or experience.

Earning £41k 18 months out with a BEng.

Protip: Don't go to pleb teir Unis like Newcastle or some shit.

That's it exactly. Millennials with STEM degrees get jobs.

There are three things that someone should ask oneself before choosing a major:

1. Have I ever seen anyone actually do this in the real world?

2. Do people make money doing this in the real world?

3. Could I see myself doing this successfully?

Yeah it depends on your country. US is doing amazing... Canada doesn't do shit because oil and mining crashed so we elected the liberals which fucking destroyed billion dollars pipeline projects.

>law

Yeah, it's probably the most versatile degree you can obtain. Every business/organization in the world needs people well versed in the law. It opens more doors than any other degree I can think of.

You don't need stem degrees for stem jobs in the US. I've literally seen people advertise engineering degrees as prefered but not required.

Don't waste 4 years on a shit stem degree

>SJW programming courses

wut

do you mean actual computer programming or "programming" in the brainwashing sense?

Worked throughout college and then started manual labor in a warehouse afterwards.
It pays a little bit after taxes. Most of the rest goes to bills and food. It's a reminder that most of the jobs available are slave-tier jobs.
The only good thing about it would be the exercise... No benefits though, so hopefully I don't get injured.

I don't know if I blame white men for checking out of a society that doesn't even deserve to endure.

stem degree and degree-related job here. it worked out bretty gud.

>STEM is literally a shit meme
i find it interesting how only brainlets say this

>you don't need stem degree to be an actuary
>you don't need stem degree for intelligent systems research
>you don't need stem degree for nuclear engineering
Top kek, especially on that last one. It's almost impossible to be a certified engineer of any sort without a degree, much less a nuclear one. Don't forget that the aforementioned jobs are some of the highest-paying, beat only by medical and law jobs, as someone mentioned earlier.

I went to a community college and still managed to get a job in STEM.

Most people my age just went after shitty Liberal Arts degrees and expect better job opportunities because the have a degree in general.

Most people who get stem degrees have to get jobs in something other than stem.

The reality is that most employers are up their own assholes when it comes to hiring. Boomers and Xers got desk jobs out of high school, then turned around and insisted that you needed a four year, or a decade of job experience, to do a job that boils down to Mavis Beacon+using the eyes and ears that the good lord gave you to navigate excel. Then of course, you actually get through college and find out that all of those jobs are being outsourced anyway, and now your ass is expected to report to the nearest Starbucks to proceed with pulling yourself up by them bootstraps. Don't forget the firm handshake.

Oh yeah, that's assuming your interviewer doesn't decide that you don't have enough "pep," because that's what the half-awake zombies of suburbia want to see first thing in the morning, a psychotic smile plastered onto a debt slave who's wanting to talk to them about race or whatever the fuck. Did I mention we're trying to replace those jobs with robots by the way? Nevermind starbucks, you only spent a solid chunk of your youth trying to study and improve your station, you don't even deserve THAT crappy chance. Go die in a ditch, preferably where they won't find you. I don't want to pay taxes for that pauper's burial, because that's communism.

I'd probably be homeless by now, if my wonderful boss didn't give me a chance that I'd been denied multiple times, then worked with me under corporate's nose to get me full time hours. Too bad my job's probably going to be lost to Amazon's fucking Johnny store in a few years, but hey, I've got a reference now. GOT ME THAT WORK EXPERIENCE, because the fucking 3 semesters of calc and gen physics wasn't enough to prove that I can handle beating off in a cubicle.

tldr; it's because you people are fucking frustrating.

>Brainlets still falling for the "STEM degrees give you good jobs" meme
Because our transition to a service economy has been horribly mismanaged. Additionally companies are outsourcing left and right, and bringing in semi-educated foreigners in on visas. Boomers also refuse to retire.

tl;dr: We're living in the twilight of the post-modern neoliberal world.

Nah STEM is majorly over saturated. I don’t know a single person who graduated with STEM who does it directly full time. Lot of people did graduate programs for med/law, another big basket got jobs in management, sales, and analyst positions and another group became small business owners. Not a single engineer I knew has engineered shit, no chemist has run a reaction, and no biologist has taken a sample, and no physics or math student has worked with anything except computer models for 10 years. Maybe the 40ish people I knew who graduated with these degrees were simply unlucky but every single one of them would have been better off just doing accounting.

You gotta know at least one code monkey, right?

What kind of psyop is this WHY DO YOU ALWAYS POST PICTURES OF THIS GIRL I WILL KILL YOU NIGGER WHAT KIND OF KIKERY IS THIS

But I did.

T. User experience

Most of them are not looking.

Meme degrees. Meme degrees everywhere.

Yeah he got hired to manage a pack of pajeets at Visa. He just fixes all their bullshit. Spent every one of his summers as a bug tester for them and he got hired right away. Other guy that knows probably more about coding is the physics Ph.D. He spent like 7 years studying how benzene rings flex when hit with light and now he’s an analyst at some think tank in DC.

Most of them are bitching about not finding the perfect job out of college. They were raised to expect only the best at all times, so they never realized no one gets a perfect job immediately and they don't want to work towards a better position.

She got one, what's your problem?

I think I'm just going to stay in the Army, honestly. Good job security, great benefits and retirement package, and all you need to do is become an indentured servant for the duration of your time.

because they are fucking lazy, i never went to college and earn 6 figures a year - there is no excuse, none. get a job and work your way up. they are not all taken, you just have to start lower on the rung than your degree or brain may tell you. quit being lazy you young millenials, get a job, work it hard, get raises and promotions, one day you too may have a high paying job because of your hard work and commitment and your degree. not simply because of your degree. it is all an ongoing process without instant gratification.

Millenials do not understand that instant gratification is a meme developed via technological advances that have retarded the youth of the world.

>Yeah he got hired to manage a pack of pajeets at Visa. He just fixes all their bullshit
They hired their coders, and then they hired him to do their job for them?
This country is a piece of work, honestly.

>Why are millennials not finding jobs after going to college?

blame baby boomers

>be 21
>major in physics
>interview at 20 finance firms 4 months prior to graduation
>get call back from 3
>graduate with B.A. last summer
>67K/yr in medium sized company with excellent benefits and expense account
>travel 2x a month to different cities across US as analyst
>live in 1K a month apt in city with two other dudes
>go out nightly with college buds, except some nights when i have to work late
>turn 22 in April
>mfw i was working burger king 3 summers ago

it worked out okay for me; put in the work, get results

millenials are in their 30s now

early Gen Zrs are graduating college rn

You realize that without STEM you probably wouldn't be alive or the people you love.

College grad millennial here.

Entry level positions for my job search require 2+ years prior experience. Entry level. The only one that doesn’t is amazon who want you to work retail wages. Fuck that.

I actually got my gender sciences degree and I already scored a job at an elementary school teaching children about LGBTQ+

>muh bootstraps
Every fucking boomer that says this shit makes me want to throw up. You need to go to college to get even the most menial desk job, and going to college puts you in debt for half your fuckin life. There's no way to win right now unless your parents didn't fuck up enough to pay for you to go to school. Go fuck yourself.

>entry level
>2+ years experience

EVERY FUCKING TIME.

If I can't find a job in six months I will go get an HVAC certification and make bank.

whats ur major

You know my suffering.

I graduate and you expect me to have 2+ years of experience? Employers can be demanding fucking idiots.

>1st post
>leafpost
>STEMpost

pretty gay,
I got into Private Equity with an economics degree from a non-target school with at 2.8 GPA in the west coast. Hours(workload) to salary comp beats the shit out of the millions of corporate finance and business analyst drones who kept laughing at my major and GPA

t. 24 with $68k in 2nd year with a $18k sign on bonus and will move to a $85k position if I stick it out another year

>tfw my generation spends its days blogging, tweeting, and attending faggot-cause marches

>Offload low education but well paying manufacturing jobs to Asia where they have even less education and work for less
This puts your average American rust belt worker out of a job
>Create programs to send ever increasing percentages of people to college, including lots of niggers who should not be there, flooding the market with high education, high salary demanding jobs
This waters down the upper half of the work force

Globalism is totes cool though

Errr, meant floods the market with workers, not jobs

you are full of shit. i was born in 85
t. hardworking millennial

>amazon who want you to work retail wages

Take it to make better wages later by getting that experience, you fuckwit. Or keep looking/gitgud at making your resume and stop being a faggot.

There are a lot of reasons.

First off there aren’t enough jobs requiring college degrees for all college grads.

Just because manufacturing left doesn’t mean good paying jobs that require a degree magically appeared.

You also have a ton of boomers who aren’t retiring because they haven’t saved enough.

Following the 2008-2009 crash, the democrats decided EVERYONE should go to college as well.

Of course, not everyone is cut out for college, so to accomodate those types and keep the money flowing in, they cooked up nonsensical SJW type courses and degrees that aren’t marketable.

College is a waste of time and money unless you want to go into engineering, law or medicine

Join a technical field in either the Navy or Air Force and you'll be getting a decent salary with great benefit in only three years

I mean they just spent like 3 years having him find bugs and debug code. Seems like a pretty valuable skill set for running a pack of pajeets. He probably does other shit but that's just what he bitches about most often.

He means they are the ones being (re)programmed with sjw trash.

Because people like me do the hiring.
We think millennials are entitled and lazy

Forget about finding an IT job stateside. All the ultra low level shit is done by Prajeets while everything up to top level jobs is handled in Eastern Europe nowadays. Slavshits will stab each other in the neck for 5k salaries.

If you're gonna go STEM either go Medicine or try your best to stay a part of whatever research team your uni has otherwise you're screwed.

Dumb decisions. Pay out the ass for University but have never even had a job.

Because they expect their dream job to be handed to them out of college, meet with minor disappointment and decide their best bet is to vote democrat for gibs.

Oversatursted white collar job market
/thread

Because of their sense of entitlement and complete lack of work ethic. My boss won’t even hire them, he told me he looks at applications and if the birthday is anytime after 1990 he just tosses them into the trash. Hard to blame him.

there aren't many social justice jobs to go around

I feel like expecting something more lucrative than Starbucks isn't unreasonable for most degree holders.

But that'd probably be in a country that wasn't 50% foreigner and 45% self-absorbed sociopath with no money sense.
There's a special place in Hell for people who don't look after their own.

supply and demand

They can work with me at walmart if they want. I sure as shit will never have the stamina nor $100k in tuition upfront to attend college.

There are plenty of jobs out there, just not the jobs that millennials want.

In some cases those jobs don't exist any more, in other cases they went over seas, in many cases they never actually existed in the first place.

Millennial Job Interview
youtu.be/Uo0KjdDJr1c

Because they remain children even in their mid-to-late 20s but haphazardly make adult decisions like borrowing tens of thousands of dollars for a degree without any clue whether or not that degree is valuable, useful, or in demand.

The common millenial outlook on life:

>Graduate high school
>Go to college, the more expensive the better
>Get any degree
>???
>Profit, avocados & instagram vacations

>Why are millennials not finding jobs after going to college?
Because they weren't bright enough to become tradesmen, and now have massive student loan debt?
payscale.com/research/US/Job=Plumber/Hourly_Rate ($14 - 33 DPH)
vs
payscale.com/research/US/Job=Call_Center_Representative/Hourly_Rate ($9 - 17 DPH)
Just sayin'

Bullshit senpai. My buddy did two years at a community program for an AS in Programming and Analysis. He got a 60K job with little to no effort, and he's not even that good lol. On top of which, he sounds like Boomhauer from King of the Hill, meaning you need a fucking translator to understand his drawl.

Just saying, they've tried to outsource programming jobs and have come back with shit results as someone has pointed out in this thread. Programming jobs are here to stay and are one of the few job markets expected to grow in the future.

>You need to go to college to get even the most menial desk job
Muh desk job! Afraid of a little sweat and getting your hands dirty? Pussy!

Because a select few made serious advancements in their fields. This is not an easy task, so most people end up doing little to nothing in their fields. Unless you go into something really practical like EE, the money just isn't behind it, or the fields are overly saturated.

US is fucked hard - tax cuts mean the market favours work speedups over extra employees, which nukes entry-level jobs. Capital flight under Trump is also impacting things, though it hasn't really gotten that visible yet.

Millennials at my work don't ladt.

Why?

Can't put phones down.
Late all the time
Take 4 or 5 20 minute bathroom breaks a day
Can't follow directions
Complain about everything
Think they deserve way more pay than everyone

stop responding to soe millennial shill posts
sage and hide

He's afraid of ruining his body for an income that's insufficient for raising a family and giving it the same opportunities that his grandparents gave his parents.

I beg to repeat, this kind of rhetoric just implies that you're blissfully unaware of how fortunate your life is and unsympathetic towards people with actual shit to deal with.

Interpretative feminist dance will be the next Microsoft!!! I'll show you!!!

Oh look it's some fatass boomers who indebted the nation by living above what they deserved with their 9 to 5 work as a tailor, buying 2 houses, while sourcing out half of the jobs to foreign countries giving millenials slack for struggling with a broken system.

Fact is, while you got jobs handed to you on a silver plate as long as you were willing to get up at 9 am, nowadays even a bachelor's degree often isn't enough to get the same postion. Working hours have constantly increased over the years, wages reduced. Families are mostly unaffordable, unless you want to live like a modern peasant.
So give me a break, will ya, you had your time and ruined the West, culturally and economically. Show some humility and shut the fuck up.

I was offered 4 jobs before I graduated this past December. Accepted one making $66k. Just a civil engineer with a 2.75 GPA. Military experience really helped

Because the country doesn't need 400,000 more new Art and English teachers every year. It needs more entrepreneurs and job creators, not job takers. Generally speaking, if you go to college you don't create new small business jobs, you take jobs. Theres a lot of shit degrees out there too that people are taking

You’re 24, making $68k, and bragging about it? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I turned 22 last month and I’m pulling in $240k per year as a cyber security analyst for a company I started working for less than a year ago. Kill yourself dicklet pussy.

>he doesn't make 300K at 17 working at wendy's

because most individuals I know are studying gender studies instead of majors that are important like medicine and engineering

>such is life in the 1950s

Hi gramps!
They wouldn't even give me a fucking internship after my degree. An UNPAID POSITION ffs. It's nice that you grew up under such sheltered circumstances when people would give you a chance and you just had to sweat a little for your success a littlte, but that's not reality anymore. You are blissfuly ignorant, so you can keep up that whole 'kids these days' identity, whereas the spoiled brat is actually you.

A degree is only as useful as the person who gets it.

I had no trouble finding a job.

The most ridiculous major has to be Communications.Can you say dumbshit and unemployable?

Listen gramps, I have a fucking pg in business analytitcs and marketing and me and my colleagues from business school are rightfully terrified of not getting a job.
What the hell does that tell you about your retarded narrative?

i went for architecture (yeah i know not exactly high paying) but it purged out the lazy people very effectively. one of the girls in my class that dropped went into communications. saw her a few years later working as a cashier.

>being this wrong on the internet
>smug_anime_avatar.png

This. Fuck Boomers. The old should fear the young.

>muh Millennials
Meanwhile I get interviewed by braindead boomers still asking the worthless "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" and "Name X traits of an effective leader" and "Why do you want to work here?"

Boomers require 20 years of experience for a person to bake bread and 50 to roll it

Who cares faggot, you fucks never reproduce anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=Ed-5Zzdbx0E

Is architect STEM?
Do you think is worthwhile or just another meme faggot degree?

This country is far too monopolised and regulated. The states though thank you trump deregulating as we speak Entrepreneurship unhinged

i'm an architect
it's definitely the most practical "art" type degree.
I would say it's STEM but just barely. you use basic math daily but that's really as far as it goes. your really only using tables to size beams and shit and then letting the engineers do the actual math

but i'll add that the pay is pretty mediocre and never matches an engineer's salary. It's only for people who love to get to design shit with other people's money

>because they went to college so they wouldn't have to get jobs