The wild ride known as Fire Punch

Just what the fuck am I reading, Sup Forums?
I'm at chapter 16 now, totally confused. Does it get better?
Does it get darker?

it gets better and worse

I'm around the same place as you are. Honestly it just seems like a bizarre story straight out of a metal album so far. It has its coldsteel moments but I like it.

It actually gets badder and goodder.

>it just seems like a bizarre story straight out of a metal album so far
That's funny because I've been playing metal while reading it. Always a good time

I dont know what really is going on in the recent chapters, but meh i am going to continue reading it

like everyone else said it gets better and worse at the same time. it does some interesting things with the plot and paneling, but the charters have really stupid motivations and are ridiculous without any self awareness making it unbearable at times.
also tries to get political later on.

>
I wont even bother with a response. But this manga is mostly trash. Worldbuilding is not a substitute for good characters and good plot.

Are u agreeing with me because I agree with your assessment as I think the characters are shitty and ridiculous as well that why I dropped the series. Just pointing out some positives to be fair.

I dont like that you call the transexuals internal struggle political because it cheapens storytelling by linking it to emphemeral current events.

I just felt that it came out of nowhere and felt extremely forced so that's why I said political because it felt inauthentic regardless of my own beliefs

Sorry I misunderstood your intentions. But everything is political so singling out this event suggests to me a bias since transexuals have been controversial in recent news.

Garbage and mastepiece in one package. Truly the Evangelion of our time.

>I'm at chapter 16 now, totally confused.
user you have not even begin to scratch the surface

>also tries to get political later on.
Not, really. I doubt it's as political in Japan as it is here in the west. It didn't feel like the author was trying to score points at all.

This thing is blown way out of proportions here in the West. Pretty much everything is.

No I understand I was just being critical of way they handled it. I mean the character always appeared to be a sociopath. so this kind of characterization seemed to be extremely out of character from what we had seen up until that point. I have other faults with the series to not just that I hope you understand that fact

33 right now
Agni's disciples and shiet

The whole point of the manga is changing it's genre/tone every volume.

Keep reading. If there are any ongoing manga that are definitely worth spending time on, this is without a doubt one of them.

STAR WARS IS EVIL

>no more fiery punchy guy

I started with chapter 1 days ago and couldn't stop reading until 52. Luckily for me raw scans for 53 came out just in time.

It gets more fucked up as things go along.

I personally never thought I would stick with something like this, but it's not bad at all. I can see why MAL gives it a 7 though.

>tries to get political
it really doesn't.

It's a masterpiece of a black comedy.

Author's a genius.

>Author's a genius.
Unironically this.

Can someone explain what happened in the last few chapters? Is the protag just called Punch now?

It's known how much is this manga going to continue?
I don't know if the story can progress a lot now that he lost his powers and almost everyone is dead.

It gets weirder. A lot of people die, many killed by MC (best chapter so far is one of those) and the very latest chapters were just... So fucking weird. All those secondary characters. All gone. And then came the weird chapters.

a hell yeah

After watching Star Wars 7, wanting to end the world is completely understandable.

Fuck

This manga is indeed an absolute wildride, but I enjoy it.
However, chapter one gave me a feeling it would be a really grimdark manga, but after reading everything it looks like he kinda changed genre, I think? Or just lightly shading over the grusome details and such

I intensely dislike how little page time him and the other couple main followers got.

Yeah me too.
This manga is just all over the place
Hopefully we'll get more of them

I loved Star Wars so much as a kid, I can relate.

The series whiplashes between different tones and genres. It starts out as some revenge road trip, then it turns into an action movie, then it turns into some sort of weird meta-commentary on the purpose of its own story, then it turns back into an action movie, and so on. Sometimes it's just plain grim, sometimes it's plain funny, and sometimes it's both at the same time. And it's never boring.

Half the time is a legit grimdark manga and half the time is a meta-commentary about grimdark manga.