Oregon State University is trying to remove an alt-right member of their student government organization, ASOSU

Oregon State University is trying to remove an alt-right member of their student government organization, ASOSU.

>orangemedianetwork.com/daily_barometer/alt-right-member-of-asosu-faces-removal-strong-opposition-to/article_d068cb86-ff40-11e7-b6fb-4330fb9b0c5b.html

Just an hour before this article was published, Rep. Andrew Oswalt was pulled out of his graduate office and arrested on two counts of criminal mischief III.

>co.benton.or.us/sheriff/inmate_detail?inmate=1700002094

Someone is out to silence /ourguy/.

What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

oregoncrimenews.com/lane-county-mugshots-jul-30-2017/
orangemedianetwork.com/daily_barometer/breaking-asosu-representative-charged-with-two-counts-of-criminal-mischief/article_050182fc-ffcd-11e7-9bd1-8b4402f66f0f.html
youtu.be/9bowJhcE3ic
leadership.oregonstate.edu/building-and-place-names
oregonlaws.org/ors/164.365
imgur.com/a/aADeQ
pastebin.com/VzM9wK9u
bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews
statesmanjournal.com/story/news/2017/11/29/oregon-state-university-change-names-avery-lodge-and-benton-hall/904899001/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Oregon,_2016#Results_by_county
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

charges seems bullshit

>During his time within the House, Oswalt has extensively engaged in trolling—making offensive statements to provoke a reaction—such as introducing a resolution to replace leaf-blowers with rakes for university grounds maintenance. While expressing extreme social justice positions during House meetings, such as hating himself for being white, in reality he fundamentally disagrees with these ideas and other social justice policies, including affirmative action.
>“Many of the statements I have made do not necessarily comport with my true beliefs, because what I am doing is a form of performance art,” Oswalt said. “I attempt to communicate a particular point through what some would call mockery or lampooning.”
>“I am not a Hollywood Nazi,” Oswalt said. “I am not interested in killing anyone. I am not interested in harming anyone. All I want is a frank discussion.”

Lol good job, seems like a reasonable lad

>According to Brundage, he was aware of rumors surrounding Oswalt’s white nationalism, but did not have any concrete evidence that the representative held these beliefs.

They called him a white nationalist, all he believes is that there are differences of IQ in sex and races.

>Brundage said. “I firmly believe diversity is our strength.”
lol what a meme

oregon is full of libtards. not surprised.

was targeted in july too
>oregoncrimenews.com/lane-county-mugshots-jul-30-2017/

>introducing a resolution to replace leaf-blowers with rakes
Burn the fucker!!!!!!

1. shit-eating grin: (a) a broad grin expressing uncontrollable delight or (self-)satisfaction, esp. at having got away with something outrageous or improper.

wow, at a different Oregon university too.

gg

He should call the ACLU and demand representation on the grounds of discrimination.

Its perfect. He litterally got arrested for acting too much like an SJW.

Oregon State University is writing articles about his arrest today

>orangemedianetwork.com/daily_barometer/breaking-asosu-representative-charged-with-two-counts-of-criminal-mischief/article_050182fc-ffcd-11e7-9bd1-8b4402f66f0f.html

At this point his dismissal from ASOSU is guaranteed. That with the criminal mischief charges, will enable him to sue the school for millions, perhaps even the State of Oregon as well. Terrible decision on thier part and reflects how divided Oregon really is aside from the clusters of leftists that populate Portland and Eugene.

A student, thinking for himself? Outrageous!

What did supposdly do that was illegal? Don't tell me the name of the chages (I know it's called "criminal mischief 3rd deegree), but was it something he said? Something he did? What are the specifics?

Spare not one leaf!

I've been poking around trying to find out. No idea yet

They arrested him for mocking SJW's? The police arrested him for making fun of liberals?

This guy has read 48 Laws of Power.

Lmao he's definitely one of u alt right cucks.

What a mongrel

>u alt right cucks.
>What a mongrel
A real elevation of the discourse

I live in Eugene. It's a goddamn nightmare sometimes.

It's either degenerate homeless people or 22 year old bi-poly-genderqueer-tumblrina-kins who spout shit like NO HUMAN BEING IS ILLEGAL and generally stink up the LTD when I'm trying to fucking job hunt.

Then there are the out of state university students from rich California families buttfucking the rental market, and we can't forget the pathetic aging hippies who are so out of touch with modern reality because they fried their brains on shitty weed and acid during the 60s.

Fuck I'm mad.

I'm well versed in UO's thought policing unfortunately, after having served on a council there. I'd consider this to be rather untenable, because student debt has a high possibility of crashing and taking out university towns like this along with it. Also LTD is abhorrent on almost every level

>introducing a resolution to replace leaf-blowers with rakes
this man is a humanitarian for de-escalating tensions between neighbours and allies

This is a complete joke... orange media network is completely biased. A lot of these statements and claims are used out of context to support there central idea. This is shocking, and Representative Oswalt was a very highly intellectual and hardworking representative in the ASOSU representatives.

I want to smack that smug look right off his face. The alt-right is an embarrassment.

I am sure you are.

you fool! leaf-blowers are a thousand times worse than rakes

>While expressing extreme social justice positions during House meetings, such as hating himself for being white

kek I do this with my brother some times out of no where
>FFFFFFFFFFFFFGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FUCK I HATE WHITE PEOPLE!

>chooses flag of an ideology supported by Jews that want to be allowed to own 2 year old sex slaves
>calls a respectable scholar an embarrassment
?????

he seems like a solid representative, but the SFWs at OSU can't handle it

>degenerate homeless people
They never bother anybody when walking down town, except for money

>22 year old bi-poly-genderqueer-tumblrina-kins
Super rare to see any walking around outside campus, they're only at campus and then they keep to themselves in their club

>out of state university students from rich California families buttfucking the rental market
Those are the rich foreign exchange students doing that

>pathetic aging hippies who are so out of touch with modern reality
They are almost completely wiped out, at most you'll see them congregate at the saturday market

Eugene is mostly white and there isn't many minorities here so all this stuff you're saying isn't true

fucking kek

the nose knows

You're right, the rich Chinese are boosting the market to potentially unsustainable levels. However, the Californians tend to hide in plain sight in some ways, with by far less gratuitous displays of wealth. There's 6 or 7 upscale apartment blocks near campus, and it's unlikely the Chinese contingent here could fill all of them.

This guy is a fucking hero

>I attempt to communicate a particular point through what some would call mockery or lampooning.

there are ways to do this without acting like a complete fucking moron. If images were up I'd put up the "hurr i'm just trolling" next to my post.

Former OSU student here. No, seriously.
The grounds crew is a fucking menace. There are a fuckton of trees on campus and 70% of the school year they're out with backpack blowers blowing them into piles. They start at 7AM sharp, so anyone that's asleep in the dorms gets woken up by them. The buildings are mostly historical and they don't have air conditioning, so when the windows are open all you hear is fucking leafblowers all day. They even do it in the rain when the leaves are too wet to move, it's fucking infuriating.
This man is a hero. I can't wait for him to sue the shit out of OSU. Recently the university was moving to rename a bunch of buildings because their namesakes were accused of racism; some of the buildings are over 100 years old. Not sure if they actually did it or not. Regardless, fuck them.

what exactly did he get arrested for?

what sort of mischief?

Lol that's because you live in Eugene you faggot

Corvallis is nothing like this. We're very red. People were talking highly of Trump before his election and nobody really batted an eye.

43% of Oregonians voted for Trump my dude. Not really liberal lol. Outside of Eugene and Portland it's pretty fucking red.

Very excited that there's something interesting happening at my school for once

I currently attend OSU, AMA

There's literally a building pronounced "wi - nigger"

Fuck that whole coast youtu.be/9bowJhcE3ic

nigga looks like brian peppers

Probably hanging IOTBW posters

I remember when they had the Dr. Sex article every week in the Barometer. It was some feminist professor that would answer letters about degenerate activities roasties and soyboys asked about.
Someone wrote her a letter that was crude and a bit cheeky, albeit an actual question, and instead of ignoring it and responding to an actual question, she published it and responded in an extremely bitchy way. The next couple of weeks was her responding to more letters saying her original response was too rude, getting increasingly defensive. Finally she wrote she was ending the column because of people not thinking the right way and stopped altogether. It was fun.

What the hell was he arrested for then? From my understanding Criminal Mischief relates to property vandalism.

Wrongthink

How is pol gonna support this guy

This is according to the Wikipedia Article on "Mischief":
>Governed by state law, criminal mischief is committed when a perpetrator, having no right to do so nor any reasonable ground to believe that he/she has such right, intentionally damages property of another person, intentionally participates in the destruction of property of another person, or participates in the reckless damage or destruction of property of another person.

Every charge will be dropped. He could actually probably file a lawsuit against the State for this.

Was he arrested for putting up a MBMC sign?

see I guarantee he put up posters and got caught on camera. Of course no one got prosecuted for all the graffiti spraypainted on campus after Trump's election, though. It was interesting watching a Hispanic painter cleaning up their mess.
They wanted to rename Gill of all things. I kinda hoped they would so they would lose some donors but I think the university knew pissing of niggerball fans would be a bad move.

>I guarantee he put up posters
That isn't classification for a charge of Criminal Mischief. Especially if the posters were put up on tape. It's going to take a fucking miracle to prove that this was "reckless damage". He should file a lawsuit against the University. This is clearly a witch hunt.

current OSU student here.

can confirm, fuck those leaf blowers.

also they are changing the names of several buildings. kill me.

>leadership.oregonstate.edu/building-and-place-names

They tried to rename Deady at UO, and he was instrumental to the founding of this school

Yeah, that's just retarded. Anyway you can get in touch with this kid and tell him we're monitoring the situation? He could seriously probably file a lawsuit against the school. These charges are completely fucking ridiculous.

there have been an increase in IOTBW related stickers and posters being put up around campus. Campus police are actually documenting it.

if /ourguy/ was involved, i dont think it rises to the level of criminal mischief 3

>tfw go to uni of oregon
>tfw don't have the balls to risk law school expulsion just to troll the student bar association.

i will try to reach out.

was glad to see this thread today, seeing this go down on campus today was unsettling.

The leafblowers are fucking awful

>oregonlaws.org/ors/164.365
Not even the First Degree charge makes fucking sense for putting up a poster. Minimum $100 in damages. kek, how is tape damaging property? LAWSUIT.

I'm sure he knows what he's doing there but good idea nonetheless. I mean check out his shiteating grin in the photo

oregonlaws.org/ors/164.365

This is the First Degree Charge. Read it. There is no way in fucking hell he even came close to this. This is complete bullshit.

This was interesting to watch unfold while waiting for class, don't know why they used 4 cops for a class c misdemeanor

UofO is actually cucked

>Benton
Fuck that. I know what they're doing. They've been planning on moving the music department to a better building and restoring Benton into more of an office building, they will probably slap some baboon's name on it once they move the band out. Renaming the oldest building in the county it's named for is a disgrace.

Intimidation. I imagine he knows he can file a lawsuit. That school is fucked.

It was a 3rd degree charge according to the jail

Dude, there aren't even words. When Trump won they literally sent out emails that students could reschedule their finals.

>A person commits the crime of criminal mischief in the third degree if, with intent to cause substantial inconvenience to the owner or to another person, and having no right to do so nor reasonable ground to believe that the person has such right, the person tampers or interferes with property of another.

Still sounds like bullshit to me. Considering that the campaign was targeted at "public spaces" I'm sure he will be fine. This is political intimidation 101 and another reminder of why we fight.

He's just saying theres no way it was even 1st degree crime, let alone 3rd degree.

Sup Forums spergs rather argue about horse shoe theory and purity spiraling than actually help out /our guy/.

Fuck off shill.

>nor reasonable ground to believe that the person has such right
That's the clincher. All he has to say is, if others can spray graffiti all over campus to protest Trump without retribution, why can't he hang a poster up with scotch tape?

You know I was being cynical right? This guy is Innocent, but I'm just stating the obvious about the current state of Sup Forums.

Oswalt did nothing wrong

>with intent to cause substantial inconvenience
That's a huge one. How the fuck is a poster "substantial inconvenience". This is going to get dropped hard and he should file a lawsuit. They are using law enforcement to try and intimidate him. I think he knows it though, that grin is priceless. Lots of Oregonfags in here it seems, I hope you boys don't let us down here.

We went to class took our final and just went home anyways. What the fuck my dude

any suggestions for helping /ourguy/?

be aware he was released 1 hour after being taking into custody

Who cares about the "current state of Sup Forums". We're monitored by news agencies, government agencies, far left groups, SPLC, you name it. We're getting shoahed on this images thing and still winning.

kek. Yep, lawsuit incoming.

Make attention to the public that the university is stifling free speech because of wrong think political views. Raise Awareness.

Goddammit. Won't let me post a picture of Gomez.

#justice4oswalt

OSU even sent out a mass email to all students about this.

Screenshot
>imgur.com/a/aADeQ

Text
>pastebin.com/VzM9wK9u

are you the dumbass from the article?

In most states, suing a public university is pointless, as damages are capped by statute. He won't even get his litigation costs covered.

we all got it

They just shot themselves in the foot with this one by clearly aligning against a student who held viewpoints contrary to the one they're pushing.

can someone make a "Oswalt did nothing wrong" poster?

here is a image source:
bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews .com/orangemedianetwork.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/c7/6c7491c6-ff01-11e7-ae99-73b05da80b5b/5a652056ef400.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800

current OSU student here, they are going forward with the name changes

>CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) — Oregon State University President Ed Ray announced he has decided to rename Avery Lodge and Benton Hall on the Corvallis campus on grounds that their namesakes have historical links to racist beliefs.

statesmanjournal.com/story/news/2017/11/29/oregon-state-university-change-names-avery-lodge-and-benton-hall/904899001/

why be alt-right on the west coast? just let them go full commie and succeed from the union so we can purify their lands and annex them

Corvallis isn't red, Albany is though

If you check the 2016 election results only 27% of Benton County residents voted for Trump while in Linn County 57% voted for Trump

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Oregon,_2016#Results_by_county

>troll liberals
>get arrested

the west coast is pathetic!

Fug another eugene fag? What part of town you in?
>santaclara

They send out the same email every time anything remotely controversial happens.

A bit on info for any OSUfags in here:
I know where Antifa meets on campus. Behind Fairbanks Hall there's a little building made of sheetmetal. At first glance it's a workshop for the art department. I worked for the university and that became the staging area while we worked on Fairbanks. The walls were covered with typical SJW/antifa slogans which I got to paint over. There was also a lot of protest posters lying around that had obviously been made and used for demonstrations. Occasionally the front door is left propped open. Use this information wisely.

>chief diversity officer

the moment a university gets one of these is the moment it dies

I think all the people claiming to actually go to OU are the shills

>never bother anybody
This is a fuckin lie and you know it. They literally stabbed a woman who had written an article about how you shoudlnt avoid them by crossing the street when they pass. Literally shit on the streets I have to avoid walking to work.

Tumblarinas are all over this godforsaken town, dont dilute yourself

2007 north eugene class had four people go transgendered. Only like three successful people and a bunch of drug addict hippy skum

interesting.

this is a good idea

Lol. I'm gonna start doing this

noted....